London; Day 5

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pie’s POV

            “Pie, we’ll have a little adventure for the rest of our days here.” Kim beamed at me. She stretched out her hand to my direction and I have to take a hold on it because she was walking in a reverse direction. Does she know that she might injure herself if she did stumble on her feet or what not? I have to tell you that somehow, it was not only me who could act that childish; Kim was such an immature adult too. Speaking about our plan for the rest of our days left in London, we’re heading to somewhere I have no idea at all where Kim would take me to. This morning, she asked me to pack all of our stuffs and we did check out from the hotel. When I questioned her of where we would head to, she left me with no answer – typical Kimhan Jittaleela.

 

            “Pie, aren’t you excited?” Kim shook my hand, waking me up from my moment of contemplation. I shifted my gaze at her just to find she grinned at me while wagging her eyebrows in addition to her expression of excitement. I wonder when she learnt to have a little expression while saying something to others. The former Kimhan Jittaleela I have ever known was expressionless, oh perhaps she was not; I hate her when she puckered her lips into a smirk, remember?

 

            “Pie!” She squeezed my hand.

 

            “What?” I shot her a confusing look.

 

            “Aren’t you excited to have a little adventure with me?” She asked again.

 

            “I had gone through an ‘adventurous’ life even before I met you, Kim. There was no exciting part about it.” I said to her and saw Kim scowled in response.

 

            “Perhaps you should meet me much earlier. I can replace your torturous days with a good life.” Kim said in the matter of her discerning. She couldn’t be that serious. Couldn’t she? I don’t think I had a good time when I first happened to meet her. She brought be through hell!

 

            “Oh please Kim! You did torment me with your attitude and all cold treatment! Did you call that a good life?” I rolled my eyes. Kim stifled a laugh but the gaze she was giving me was a longing one. I hate to be gazed in such a way. She made me flushed for no reason. The look in her eyes sent some sort extremely strange feel inside me; I have grown up but she made me feel like a shy teenager who is just about to learn about crush and love matter.

 

            “You should have known I was doing that because I have fallen for you since we first met.” Kim said quickly before turning herself away from me. She positioned herself to a correct walking position and arranged her long strides, leaving me behind.

 

            “Pardon me?” I quickened my pace. Her movement came to a halt when I clutched my hand to her arm. Kim managed a slow pace when she felt I squeezed her arm in demanding urge. She glanced at me but pretending that she didn’t.

 

            “What?” She furrowed her eyebrows – innocent.

 

            “Don’t what me! I heard you say something earlier. What was it?”

 

            “Did I?” She queried to me. I nodded immediately, admitting that my hearing was true and I just needed an assurance from her.

 

            “Look! We are here!” Kim exclaimed and pointed a finger to a direction. Distracted with the eagerness in her voice, I traced the gesture and ended up seeing a lot of caravans or even motor homes parked at their specific spots at a vast site.

 

            “What are we going to do here?” I turned to look at Kim. A wide smile appeared on her face, showing how delighted she was with the sight.

 

            “Isn’t it obvious? We are going to caravanning!” Kim grinned in satisfaction. “Don’t you like it, Pie?” Kim gazed at me at any instant. The excitement on her face gradually faded away when I didn’t even return any sign of excitement on my face. I found it was such a good timing to tease this tom.

 

            “You better find a new hotel room for me.” I pressed my arms on my front and gazed at her with a scolding look. Kim face fell and a heavy sigh escaped from her parted lips.  Slowly, she made her way back to me.

 

            “Don’t you want to give it a try? What if we take a look for the campervan first?” Kim said more like pleading me to come along with her. Look, my tactic was working, wasn’t it?

 

I was about to lengthen the drama when someone called for my name from a distance. “Ms. Pie!” The small voice greeted. Both Kim and I shifted our gaze to the source where it was coming. It was not that long until I saw a little girl skipped happily to our direction. I recognised her maybe, but she looked like Lilith. Yes; Lilith whom I met a few days ago with her creepy grandmother.

 

            “It seems like we have a great company here.” Kim grinned at me, knowing that she could possibly persuade me to stay with the caravanning plan.

 

            “Is it really you Ms. Pie?” I didn’t notice it when the little girl reached us. She gazed at me then quickly scrutinizing Kim from the head to the toe and when she was done with her observation, she nodded her head knowingly as if she has absorbed all details about Kim into her mind.

 

            “It’s really nice to see you again here, Ms. Pie.” Lilith turned to look at me again, flashing her toothy smile. Her parents must have raised her very well judging from the polite gestures and the proper language she used to greet me. What do you expect from a five – year old girl? She’s acting beyond her age.

 

            “Nice to meet you too, Lilith. What are you doing here and who’s with you?” I knelt down to her height for a better look. From my brief wandering, I don’t see any shadow of her grandmother around and it was nearly impossible if the girl was alone here unless her family run the business of this caravanning site; this could be one of their properties.

 

            “We often come here during the weekend.” Lilith told me. “And I’m with my mothers.” She said. Once, I manage to steal a glance at Kim. I saw how she reacted when she heard that Lilith has more than a mother; Kim looked surprised just like me when I first learned about it too. However, I don’t think it was too surprising for Kim. Doesn’t she one of them too?

 

            “So, both of your mothers are here?” I asked it again even though the little one has obviously mentioned it to me.

 

            “Yes. Perhaps you could visit us at our motor home. Mom and Mummy will surely glad to see you.” Lilith seemed exhilarated as she spoke.

 

            “What about me?” Kim interrupted. “Am I invited as well?” She pouted.

 

Lilith studied Kim’s figure again for while before she spoke, “So, I presume she’s your wife.” Lilith said without missing a beat and it was all directed to me. I felt my eyes almost popped out from its socket. The girl sent me dumbfounded. I thought that my explanation to her grandmother the other day at the park was clear enought

 

It would take forever to explain the girl about the real thing between me and Kim as my mouth opened and closed but none of the motions could ever bring me to arrange any logical answer. Just when I thought little Lilith would surely believe Kim and I are married, the tom came to rescue me.

 

            “We haven’t married yet.” Kim said, answering it on my behalf. “But you could say that I’m courting her.” Kim smiled at me before she gazed at Lilith again. “By the way, my name is Kimhan. You can call me Kim.” She said, stretching out her hand to the little one for a handshake.

 

            “So, she’s your girlfriend?” Lilith asked, instead of taking the handshake that Kim offered. I held my gaze at Kim who apparently kneeling down next to me. What I saw was not as I expected; Kim shook her head immediately.

 

            “Then, who is she to you?” It’s not only me who felt unsatisfied with the response. The little one seemed to be frustrated as well. How could Kim say such way to her and didn’t she think about me? Who am I to her?

 

            “She’s my sweetheart.” Kim said and brought her gaze to mine. In a split second, Kim turned to kiss me on my nose and I felt my cheeks heated up so suddenly that I started to flush uncontrollably. My embarrassment was getting obvious when I caught Lilith covered with her little palms; thrilled with a little show Kim did display to her. I swore Kimhan Jittaleela needed to be punished.

 

            “Lilith...” I tried to get the little one’s attention again. The little girl brought her gaze to mine at any instance. “Why don’t you get back to your place and we’ll see you later?” I suggested, worried that her parents might look for her. Just so you know I was lying. I don’t want Kim to embarrass me anymore.

 

            “Sure. Mom asked me to get something.” She grinned and played with her hair as if she has committing something wrong.

 

            “Where would we see you?” I asked her.

 

            “We parked there; right next to the big tree.” Lilith pointed to a distance. I got to see the big tree that she was trying to depict to me.

 

            “Great!” Kim said out of sudden. “We are not that far from your place.” She smiled, satisfied with whatever she thought. “Our caravan would be there; at the third big tree of your right side.” Kim informed to the little one.

 

Lilith tried to locate the direction and awhile later, she nodded her head knowingly. “Sure. See you later.” She said before she skipped away.

 

            “Come on Pie. I’m sure you’ll like it.” Kim, in no time dragged me with her. Did I manage to say anything else? NO!

 

            **********************************************************************

I ran my fingers through the finely created furniture inside the caravan and still wondering how they managed to compact all of the things inside this limited space. We have almost everything here and it’s far better than my home back in the slum area.

 

            “Mind to share your thought with me?” I wasn’t aware that Kim already stood right behind me and sliding her arms around my waist, taking me in her arms. I leaned my back into her chest snugly. She had her chin hooked on my left shoulder and I could feel that she was actually trying to look at me right into the eyes from that angle. To tell that I was uncomfortable with her action was completely wrong. I’m getting used to be treated this way; I meant with all affection she showed to me, I’d appreciate her presence in such a way I could. I might have gone insane but I admitted that I always crave for her touch, her hug and everything she did to me even it was just as simple as holding my hand. Weird, isn’t it? I don’t know myself either. It’s just felt so fine that my form fitted in her embrace or even in her hand perfectly like it was created for me; only me.

 

            “Could you buy this kind of caravan or motor home for me? It looks much better than our current home; the one we rent from P’Boy.” I requested it to her, knowing that my sister would be so glad to have this kind of shelter instead of our not so comfortable place. Besides that, we don’t have to rent the old hut from P’Boy anymore.

 

Kim gave me a bewildered look before she laughed softly. “The money you earned from our agreement is more than enough to buy you a house. Why would you want to live in a caravan?” She said, shaking her head slightly; perhaps amused by my silly thought.

 

            “I’m just thinking you know.” I scowled.

 

            “Perhaps I should build a house for you before we separated. You could have a comfortable shelter to live in with your sister.” Kim told me. Did you hear that she will build a house for me? Just know that Kimhan Jittaleela is an architect. She might have wanted everything built on her own effort and even the design. However, it was not the main concern I was trying to point out here. For Kim, it might be a thoughtful idea where she could actually provide me a better place to stay in the future but for me, it was not the same story. I was dying inside, knowing that somehow, the day will come where I would leave Kimhan Jittaleela shattered into pieces – heartbroken. Why did I feel guilty for it? I was utterly responsible for the upcoming consequences which will later ruin her life to the state I was unable to anticipate.

 

            “You don’t have any idea on how much I love, Pie. I won’t let you suffer anymore.” Kim whispered to my ears and here she went again, bringing up her feeling in our conversation. How many times did I hear she said that she loves me and how many times I left her hanging yet unanswered? She had shamelessly admitted her love to me while I was constantly giving her a brittle and false hope. Once, my mind told me that I needed Kim so much but the next time I did ponder about my life, the nagging fear which has haunted me for years shattered all the strength I had in our love.

 

            “Kim, I’m hungry.” I shifted our topic of conversation immediately. Well, it might seem like I was totally coward in everything but behind my avoidance laid a true story. We had not yet eaten our breakfast when we checked out from the hotel and most of all, I don’t want to ruin our perfect morning; at least for today.

 

            “Alright, you could have a little tour around and I’ll prepare the breakfast.” Kim said before giving me a kiss on my cheeks. She had probably forgotten the fact that only a kiss is allowed for a day and I was getting tired to remind myself either. Let’s say that we could put that rule aside for now. Who cares?

 

I walked myself around the small but cosy space and ended up at the couch which was surrounded with windows, overlooking the green scenery. It was such refreshing here instead of living in the hustle and bustle of the city. The site sat on a gently sloping plot of land, nicely sheltered by the surrounding woodland and offered a quiet escape that many don’t expect to find so close to London. It was no doubt why Lilith and her parents love to spend time here. It was not that long until the pleasant smell of the food was more distracting than my interest to look around. My legs quickly brought myself to the source where it was coming.

 

            “Someone is just too hungry?” Kim said without even looking at me when I stepped into the space which I could describe it as a kitchen. She was tossing something in the pan and I figured out they was some eggs. Perhaps it was going to be a rolled egg which would end up in my stomach.

 

            “I’m just wondering if you need some help.” I tiptoed to her direction, still wasn’t sure how this campervan could support all the weights of all objects in it.

 

            “Sure, you are always helpful anyway.” Kim giggled. “That’s by watching me all the time.” She said and I had already grunted at any instance.

 

            “Are you trying to say that I’m such a lazy bum?” I did purposely put up my dramatic sulky face. Kim didn’t stop giggling and it annoyed me to the most.

 

            “I think I would say that you have a y !” Kim winked at me. She trailed her gaze down to my legs and cocked her head to a side. Realizing of what she was trying to do, I quickly grabbed a tray which fortunately placed on the cabinet. Kim already laughed out loud when she saw I used it to cover my lower part.

 

            “You’re a sick psychopath!” I screamed.

 

Kim cringed to the noise I made. “Where did you get the voice of yours?” She asked. “It was much terrible than a siren cry!” She complained.

 

            “Perhaps my biological mother was a mermaid.” I rolled my eyes at her.

 

            “And what has happened to you? You are the unfortunate child who was cursed by Ursula?” Kim snorted with an intention to elevate my temper.

 

            “Whatever. I don’t need breakfast anymore.” I stomped on my feet and walked away. One step and another, I thought Kim would come after me but my anticipation was completely wrong. Wasn’t she supposed to stop me?

 

I threw myself into the bed and wished it could swallow me. My stomach growled in hunger but I was too stubborn to show up myself again in front of the tom. Kim should know that I was so mad with her and she should have come to apologize. Fifteen minutes later, I started to feel bored and not to say, starving to death. Kim’s figure was nowhere to be seen and I did wonder if she did really doesn’t want to come to me at all. Exhausted yet annoyed with the drama I had created, I walked lazily to the kitchen again. Kim was still nowhere to be seen.

 

            “Kim...” I called out and tiptoed slowly around the place. Kim might want to scare me or something. I needed to be very cautious about it. From corner to corner, I slipped slowly as not to make much noise. When I thought I could catch Kim at the targeted spot, I was only greeted by the empty air. Where’s Kim?

 

            “Kim, don’t play around. Show yourself.” I was getting impatient. Before I could speak again, I heard she laughed heartily and it didn’t sound like it was coming from inside our campervan. It was at the outside.

 

I hurriedly peeked through the nearest window and ended up seeing Kim talking with a local woman. The topic of their conversation seemed to be very ‘interesting’ as both of them were laughing for any details they were talking about. You have to know that it annoyed me. I’m not jealous. I’m not!

 

A few seconds later, I found myself already stood right next to Kim. The woman eyed me thoroughly and I just let her did her investigation. Go on, check on me. I don’t mind.

 

            “You must be Pie.” She spoke after awhile. A beautiful smile appeared on her face, sending me to a state of daze. Shook it off! Pie, she was trying to be friendly with you and at the same time flirting with Kim.

 

            “Oh, well done! You got it right.” I rolled my eyes at her. I don’t care if I was being such a . She has to know that I just don’t like it when Kimhan Jittaleela gave her attention to the other woman; not when she is bound to me with a secure title as a fiancée.

 

            “Pie, this is Imelda. She is Lilith’s mother.” Kim introduced the woman to me and woman named Imelda offered her hand to me for a handshake. My jaw fell momentarily. I was being such a to the mother of the girl whom we met just now. We promised to Lilith that we would visit her later and how I could possibly make it right when we come by later? I was such a !

 

            “Oh. It’s nice to meet you.” I took her hand awkwardly. From my brief observation, I got to learn some details about Imelda. Her long black hair is the perfect match to her soft facial feature. She has soft blue eyes and her lips always seemed to curl up into a perfect shape of smile. It even surprised me to see her appearance. She’s too young to be a mother. I think if I were about to compare her age with mine or even Kim’s, it might probably be three or five years in gaps.

 

            “It happened that I heard a suspicious scream just now and I was just you know... checking.” Imelda let out a nervous laugh. She might worry that I would take her presence here wrongly – I could see it through her body gestures.

 

            “It was nothing really.” I feigned a smile.

 

            “Yeah. Kim told me that you were just like a baby monster when you’re hungry.” Imelda laughed again. I shot Kim a look but she just shrugged at me innocently. The body language told me that ‘you’re lucky enough I did cover it up for you’. Did I ask her to do so? No!

 

            “Oh really?” I feigned my laughter as well. “That happened when she didn’t feed me well.” I slid my hands around Kim’s waist and pulled her to a closer distance. Kim fidgeted in my held when she felt I did squeeze her side. Of course it was painful to her; actually I did pinch her skin and I wished I could reach her bone.

 

            “Would you like to join us for breakfast?” Imelda offered. “Lilith has been talking about you two and I’m sure Astrid would be so glad to meet both of you as well.” She said. Hearing the latter name she did mention, I surmised that the other woman is Lilith’s another mother. I wonder how she looks. Imelda is amazing and I presumed her spouse is great as well.

 

            “Oh Imelda, that’s so kind of you but Kim had prepared for us.” I said to her. Kim nodded her head instantly telling the woman the same thing. However, I don’t think Kim was supporting me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter