A Day With Ms.Gold Digger

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kim took a glance to Pie and focused back to the road. They are on their way home. It was indeed a tense night after all. When she was about to give up with her future, the girl beside her suddenly changed her mind and stood up for rescue. Entangled by a fateful silly incident two days ago, they happened to meet with each other. They started as a totally strangers but soon their life will change tremendously  by an arranged engagement which bound them together with a hold of relationship.

 

            “I don’t have any idea on what you have in your mind but.. thanks.” Kim said to Pie who is so deep in her own thinking.

 

            “I don’t know what’s wrong with my brain too but that half million dollars is so interesting.” Pie grinned from ear to ear. If Kim could see how sparkling her eyes right now, that tom will surely see the ‘ $ ’ in her eyes.

 

            “You were thinking about the money all way long.” Kim rolled her eyes. She can’t believe that Pie could be this materialistic. “I hope you won’t regret anything.” She added.

 

            “Regret? Urmm..I haven’t think about it yet.” Pie giggled. “Look what we got tonight. An advanced present from your parents.” Pie showed a bunch of keys to Kim. The clanking sound of them filled the car. It is the key for a bungalow. Mr.Jittaleela gave to them as an advanced gift for their engagement.

 

            “And you have to remember what he told us. You have to move in and live with me.” Kim reminded Pie. Mr.Jittaleela gave the bungalow to them for purpose. He wanted Pie to live with Kim. It was his condition and Kim has no power to object anything from her father.

 

            “Did he say that?” Pie is a bit startled. She can’t recall if that middle age man told them so.

 

            “Yes, Pie Mindara. It is an order.” Kim scoffed. Pie must be spacing out all the time. All this Miss Gold Digger knows is wealth and luxurious stuffs.

 

            “Kimhan, how should I tell my sister about it? She will flood me with thousand questions if I left the house and live with you.” Pie bit her fingers. Her thought met a blunt end. She doesn’t know how she would explain everything to Hongyok. The things that happened between her and Kimhan is too complicated.

 

            “I thought your younger sister is your ‘created sister’ in front of my parents.” Kim is quite surprise. All way long, she thought that Pie only told a white lie  to her parents.

 

            “No! That was really my background. I have a sister. Her name is Hongyok.” Pie scowled.

 

            “How should I know.” Kim mumbled. She found that Pie is kinda a mood swinger.

 

“You settled it yourself. All I know, we have to obey Papa’s order.” Kim left it all to Pie without having an effort to help that girl.

 

“I hate you, Kimhan.” Pie said out of sudden.

 

“You gonna fall for me someday.” Kim countered Pie’s hatred statement and smirked.

 

“In your dream.” Pie stuck out her tongue to Kim. That tom annoyed her.

 

“Stop it, Pie. I’m tired. You’re so noisy.” Kim sighed. “Where is your house. Let me drop you there.” Kim slowed down her car as they reach the area where she dropped Pie last night.

 

“Just stop at that workshop.” Pie requested. She won’t allow Kim to know her house.

 

“Seriously Pie, where do you live?” Kim stepped on the brake padel immediately. Lucky them there are no vehicles on the road at that time. Night is getting late.

 

“Just drop me at that workshop.” Pie confirmed it to Kim with her brittle confident voice. She realized that Kim is gazing to her with her impatient gaze. The cruel Kim is back.

 

“I can’t see any house here.” Kim furrowed her eyebrows. She is not very familiar with the place. In fact, she has never come to that area before she met Pie.

 

“That’s none of your bussiness.” Pie ran her eyes from Kim’s stare. She doesn’t want to argue more with that tom. It’s such a waste.

 

“Yeah. You’re right..” Kim exhaled her heavy sigh. Pie is right, why should she care about that girl. It has nothing to do with her. She moved her car and stopped right at the same spot in front of the workshop.

 

“Thanks for ride. Goodnight.” Pie unbuckled her seat belt and get out of the car. As she slammed closed the door, Kim turned down the window at the passanger’s side.

 

“I’ll fetch you tomorrow at 10.00 a.m.” Kim said in one cold line.

 

“What for?” Pie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion while folding her arms grumpily. Kim is directing her to do this and that like a boss. It’s somehow annoyed her to the nerves.

 

“Do you realize what day is today?” Kim said calm. Pie can see from that tom face, her face is lax and at the same time, her facial expression

 

“Thursday?” Pie raised her furrowed eyebrows in mocking way to Kim.

 

“And when is the weekend?” Kim smirked again. Pie found it annoying.

 

“The day after tomorrow, of course!” Pie snapped. If Kim is going to play guessing quiz with her, this time is surely not the right timing.

 

“Good that you know. I’ll fetch you at 10.00 a.m. here.” Kim clicked her tongue clearly on each of information she told Pie.

 

“But what are we going to do?” Pie started to lose her patient now. She is clueless but Kimhan didn’t help to explain anything to her.

 

“We’re going to prepare for the engagement, granny!” Kim shook her head. How on Earth Pie could forget such thing in a short time.

 

“Since when I got married to your Grandfather?” Pie glared to Kim with her red face. She is so mad with Kim when that tom called her Granny but at the same time, she felt ashamed with her clumsiness. So clumsy until she forgot about the engagement.

 

“It’s such a waste time to argue with a silly girl like you.” Kim scoffed. “Remember, I’ll wait you here. 10.00 a.m sharp.” Kim warned Pie with her finger. Before Pie could speak up to her, Kim turned up the window pane and drove away, leaving Pie rooted to the ground.

 

“You’re such a boastful Ms.Crab!” Pie bawled her dissatisfaction. Someday, she will find a way to defeat that Kimhan Jittaleela.

 

 

Pie’s Place

            “I’m home.” Pie said as she pushed open the old wooden door. The creaking sound of it broke the silence of the small house. She saw Hongyok is waiting for her anxiously in the dimly illuminated small living room. Hongyok must be worried sick just to think about where has she gone. It is almost midnight when she reached there from Jittaleela’s Residence.

 

            “P’Pie, where have you been?” Just like what Pie expected, Hongyok will ask that question to her.  She can feel that her younger sister’s eyes followed her movement.

 

            “Uhh..” Pie lost her words to create her reason for coming home late. Hongyok already came to her side with her detective gesture, examining Pie from head to toe with her disbelief gaze.

 

            “What’s going on here? Where did you get this dress? Where were you going all day long?” Hongyok flooded her with her non stop questions.

 

            “I...” Pie paused.

 

            “Is it true that you got an interview for a job?” Hongyok cut her before she even manage to arrange her sentences into coherant white lie.

 

            “Job?” Pie raised her eyebrows in confusion. She didn’t get it what Hongyok is trying to say to her.

 

            “Aunty Inn told me that you had an appoinment with someone today.” Hongyok said and dragged Pie to the nearest couch. It took some times for Pie to recall the memories of the day.

 

            “Ah, yes!” Pie nodded her head confidently. She got an idea to solve her problem for this time.

 

            “Oh, really? What kind of job did you get?” Hongyok now is over excited. It is sort of victory to know that Pie is accepted to work at a place.

 

The face of Kimhan Jittaleela came across Pie’s mind. All decision that she made in the last few hours lingered in thoughts. The engagement and Mr.Jittaleela request for her to stay with Kim. She has to be quick in arrange her plan in this short time. “Personal assistant.” Pie answered it short.

 

            “Personal assistant?” Hongyok widen her eyes. For some period of time, this is the biggest achievement of Pie in seeking job.

 

            “Yup. Personal assistant.” Pie has to convince Hongyok to the root.

 

            “Tell me, how come you manage to get that position.” Hongyok pleaded to her sister eagerly.

 

            “Nah, if I were about to tell you the whole story, it would take hundred days to finish.” Pie tried to avoid from telling Hongyok the truth. It is not the right time for her to know it.

 

            “Can’t you make it short.” Hongyok pursed her lower lips, disappointed.

 

            “No. I can’t. Listen here, I have something important to tell you.” Pie made her tone to become serious. The latter just stared to her with her unblinking eyes.

 

            “This job required me to be with the boss almost all the time. So.. I need to stay near to my working place starting the day after tomorrow.” Pie confessed her white lie in one breath. She doesn’t sure whether it would make sense but she hope it is.

 

            “Did you mean that you have to leave me alone here?” Hongyok asked. Pie could see that sadness written all over her face.

 

            “I guess so. Is it okay with you?” Pie brought her hand to Hongyok’s face and caressed her soft cheek.

 

            “How long does it takes?” Hongyok pouted sadly.

 

            “Exactly hundred days.” Pie smiled faintly to her younger sister. It is quite hard to separate with Hongyok. In fact, they have never been separated since they were young.

 

            “Hey, I smell something fishy here.” Hongyok squinted her eyes as if she is doubting Pie.

 

            “What are you thinking about?” Pie shook her head and laughed to see Hongyok’s funny face.

 

            “Look, I will visit you once a week. During the weekend perhaps.” Pie gave her assurance to Hongyok.

 

            “Promise?” Hongyok face turned bright.

 

            “Yeah. Promise.” Pie nodded.

 

            “I wish you don’t have to leave our house.” Hongyok placed herself into Pie’s embrace.

 

            “I’m doing this for our future.” Pie whispered to her ears, cherishing the last few hours of their time before Pie has to start her task as a ‘PERSONAL ASSISTANT’.

 

 

The Next Morning.

 

            “Fuhh.. Thank God that Kimhan isn’t arrive yet.” Pie took her seat at one of the stool in front of Mike and Golf’s Workshop. The two guys are nowhere to be seen, even their shadows never show up. They must be busy by now.

 

            “Did I made a right decision?” Pie talked to herself. A long sighed could be heard with each and every exhale she does.

 

            “It is not going to be a big deal, Pie! Chin up and be confident.” Pie motivated herself. At this moment, she is doubting herself again. Doubting the choice she made to help Kimhan Jittaleela. No one ever knows what the future holds  but the decision she chose isn’t a small matter. It is all about her life and future.

 

            “Chin – up and look at me.” A familiar voice snapped Pie’s reverie. When Pie brings her sight to the owner of the voice.. yeah! It is Kimhan Jittaleela.

 

            “Kimhan..” The name blurted from Pie’s mouth unconciously. That tom is standing charmingly right in front of her with her arms folded. Kim wore a white shirt today and like they have promised to match their clothes, Pie wore a white blouse too. It is just Kim looked so neat in her black jeans while Pie comfortably matched her white blouse with blue short skirt.

 

            “Good that you still remember my name.” Again and again, Kim has that repugnance smirk on her face.

 

            “Hishhh!” Pie raised her hand as if she is going to smack Kim on her head but surely she doesn’t dare to do so.

 

            “Shall we go now? You can’t afford to buy my time.” Kim tapped her foot on the ground, counting every second  accordingly to the ticking of the clock.

 

            “I hate you, Kimhan.” Pie stands up from her seat immediately, rolling her eyes and left that tom as she heads first to the car. Today Kimhan didn’t drive her white Lamborghini. She took a hummer.

 

            “Like I want to like you..” Pie heard Kim mummbled alone at her back. Yes. Kimhan hates her since their first met. It is so impossible for that tom to be nice to her in the future. Impossible.

 

Kim unlocked the hummer but Pie didn’t make an effort to get in the luxury automobile. “Get in right now. Don’t waste my time.” Kim said coldly.

 

            “No.” Pie shook her head stubborn. She intends to annoy Kimhan in this early morning.

 

            “Don’t be so childis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter