Finale: It isn't an Ordinary Photoshoot!

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A year later…

Pie Mindara

I jumped out of my bed when I realize that Kim wasn’t by my side. This wasn’t how my morning supposed to start. Where’s she? I descended the stairs quickly, mentally wishing that she would be downstairs. The sight before me was such a relief. She was at the living room, slouching down in the couch to her comfort while reading the magazine.

 

            “Good morning.” Kim looked up at me and I took the opportunity to kiss her. She tasted like mint.

 

            “Good morning.” She responded awhile later.

 

            “I thought you have left.” I hated the feeling of being clingy in the morning. Kim glanced at me for a brief second just to shake her head and continue to read the magazine. What’s so interesting about the it though?

 

            “I can’t go out with paparazzi lurking around the house like shadows.” Kim stated and it came to my alert that I hastily peeked from behind the curtains for a look. God! I can’t believe it that the paparazzi were outside for real. They wouldn’t give me a break.

 

            “I can’t believe this?” I groaned loudly and paced back to the couch. They were giving me headache. Why can’t they let me live in peace even just for a day?

 

            “Rumours spread like wildfire, isn’t it?” Kim queried, not even averting her eyes from her reading material. It took me awhile to digest her mean when I noticed that she’s reading the gossip magazine. Oh my goodness! Kim did figure out the gossip between me and Nadech Kugimiya. A year has passed and the drama that we worked together has become a popular show on the TV. The fans seemed to extremely love us that they started to ‘ship’ us like mad. They wished to see us as a couple for real but we both know it was just for a screenplay. That’s where the speculation began. Some said we have our relationship in hide, some even said I stole him from his girlfriend and many more. Guess what? I wasn’t known for my runway work instead my name was shooting up as an actress; a new actress with hot gossips.

 

            “Don’t read it.” I snatched the magazine from Kim and hid in under the coffee table. She raised both of her hands, surrender. I disliked the idea that her mind would be poisoned by the rumours which were obviously untrue. Though she never really complained about anything, it still scared the hell out of me that someday she would freak out.  Kim grabbed another magazine and flipped it open to her interest. It has me as the cover girl. P’Boy made me keep every copy which has me in it. He said each of the masterpieces was my sweet memory.

 

            “You look good in this dress.” She showed me the page and smiled to her satisfaction with the sight. “You’re beautiful.” She complimented. I let her drown in her own amazement. I would make us some coffee. That’s what I need right now to ease my headache.

 

            “Do you want some coffee?” I asked her as I rose on my feet.

 

            “Yes please.” Kim nodded, again didn’t even care to look at me. Hey! I’m real here that she can look at me instead of the pictures. Shush! Go ahead and kiss those pictures of mine.

 

Awhile later I returned to the living room with two mugs of coffees in my hand. I handed one to Kim and slouched down next to her. “I don’t like these pictures.” She complained as she sipped the coffee. “You are too exposed and way too y.” She closed the magazine and put it on the table irritably.

 

            “I’m just doing my job.” I shrugged.

 

            “I hate it when the thought of any other people out there drooling to see you like that.” She grunted softly as she threw her gaze aimlessly at a distance. My Kimhan is too cute.

 

            “Well, you can shake it off.” I nudged her by the ribs. “You have a fresh view here.” I winked my eyes flirtatiously. Kim eyed me for a moment and I saw that her face lit up in delight. The neck of my oversized shirt went off to one shoulder, exposing my silky skin. She trailed light kisses around my shoulder that her action made me giggle.

 

            “Don’t make me drag you back to the bedroom.” I pushed her away gently and she gave me a scowl look. To ease her feeling, I leaned in for a kiss.

 

            “You tasted like coffee.” She grinned once our lips parted. Silly Kim. Of course it was. We drank the coffee. At least she didn’t know I haven’t brush my teeth. Sorry Kim.

 

            “I’m getting tired of these rumours and gossips.” I rested my head on her shoulder. Kim slipped a hand around my waist and pulled me to a closer distance to her. “They should have known that I’m taken.” A heavy sigh escaped from my parted lips.

 

            “You wanted it not to be known.” Kim responded. “And I’m cool with it.” She added, seeming none affected by anything. I was more than grateful to have such understanding lover like Kim. She made everything easier for me and most importantly, she has always been my biggest supporter.

 

            “Let’s get married, Kim?” I turned to look at her at any instant. The idea popped up in my mind out of sudden that it felt like I have found the best resolution to my problem. “Let’s get married and create another rumour!” I exclaimed. “At least the gossip is about me and you.” Kim gazed at me with an expressionless face; neither agreed with me nor objected the idea.

 

            “I don’t care what they would think about me. I might lose my career and people will hate or disgust of me for my entire life but I just don’t really care. We can go away from here, settle down in peace to somewhere only we know and live happily ever after!” I told her enthusiastically. Again, I caught Kim gazed at me with such a blank expression. What did she have in her mind?

 

            “Okay.” It was all her response to me after what I have told her. I wondered if she was just not in the mood or she was surprised by my words but she looked different by now. I guessed I would just put this thing aside. Let’s not mess the morning which has already being ruined by the paparazzi.

 

            ********

P’Boy has always been on time and that’s what I loved about his dedication to his work. Today after it seemed like forever, I got an offer for a photo shoot. It’s one of unusual deal because it’s about wedding garments. I found it interesting because it’s my first time of having such theme. When I descended the stairs, I saw him talking to Kim heatedly but I couldn’t hear any voices from them. I wondered what they were discussing in secrecy. It seemed important.

 

            “I’m done.” I acknowledged him and they both seemed startled with my presence.

 

P’Boy took a glance at his wristwatch and eyed me for a moment. “Let’s go.” He said and rose from his feet like he has spring on his .

 

I walked to Kim and she rose on her feet at any instant she realized what was going to occur. She didn’t question anything when I engulfed her into my embrace. “Take care.” That’s all she said as I loosened my hug.

 

            “Where’s my kiss?” I pouted and Kim seemed taken aback by her own carelessness.

 

            “Oh I’m sorry. You look extremely gorgeous today that I forgot almost everything.” She covered up and leaned down to kiss me passionately. Wow. This wasn’t the usual kiss. I could feel her emotion transmitted to my whole being when she pressed her lips to mine.

 

            “What’s with the kiss?” I gasped when our lips parted. Like I have mentioned earlier, it was unusual.

 

            “Nothing.” She let out a soft chuckle. “I love you.” I knew she really meant it because when she spoke to me, her eyes penetrated to mine in the most tender way she could ever expressed. I wondered what has gone weird in her today.

 

            “I’ll see you later.” My heart felt strange that I don’t want to separate from her. I hate this feeling because my mind started to race to unpleasant thought. “I love you.”

 

            “Take care.” She released my hand as I began to walk, trailing behind P’Boy. I glanced over my shoulder again before I closed the door behind me. Kim just smiled at me from the distance. Why everything felt so strange?

 

            **********

            “I want it to be perfect, okay?” P’Boy spoke to the makeup artist. “Hey be careful with her hair.” He slapped her hand in warn as I saw it through the reflection of the mirror. I didn’t see that she do anything wrong anyway. P’Boy was just exaggerating.

 

            “Yes. Yes. Take it here.” He said to the crew as if his welcoming the whole closet into the room.

 

            “You are so beautiful Ms. Pie. The one who would pair up with you must be so lucky.” My makeup artist complimented to her admiration. I only communicated with her through the reflection of the mirror as I smiled back showing my sign of gratitude for her praises. “This is your big day. You must be nervous and happy at the same time.” She said and I was all confused with her statement.

 

I was about to ask what she meant with the ‘big day’ when P’Boy came again to my side. He looked at me with a huge grin on his face. “Let’s get you dressed.” He informed and my makeup artist applied her last touch on my face. Why was the aura around here felt completely strange? The happiness and good mood which hung in the air felt different.

 

            “Woah!” I stepped back as I scrutinized the bridal gown in front of me. It was very familiar. I thought I was wrong but this gown looked exactly like one which I supposed to wear on my ‘called off’ wedding with Kim a year ago.

 

            “What’s with the woah?” P’Boy held me on my shoulders as he eyed the gown from edge to edge. “It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” He queried with his eyes sparkling so bright to the sight that lay in front of us.

 

            “This…” I chewed on my bottom lips before I tried to talk to P’Boy.

 

            “This is a glamorous and exquisite bridal gown, I know.” He cut me before I could explain the thing to him. That was not what I mean. I want to tell him something else. “Now, go and wear it with the help of the maids. Tell them to hurry up and I’ll be waiting outside.” He pushed me into a space covered with curtains. This would be the changing room I guess. It’s fine for me as long as no one see me changing. Once I entered the changing space, two young ladies bowed down to me as if they were just seeing a royal. Their presence creep me out. Oh, I forgot that P’Boy tell me that these maids were here help me.

 

Awhile later, I stepped out from the room fully garbed in this beautiful white wedding gown. Though I was getting used to wear high heels, I took attentive steps as I walked carefully to P’Boy’s direction. He was waiting for me, unexpectedly dressed in his black suit. When did he get the time to get change? The things happened around me were getting odd. I could sense something bizarre but I couldn’t tell what it was. Perhaps it was just my feeling but my mind kept telling me that this photo shoot wasn’t going to be an ordinary photo session for a magazine or what not.

 

            “P’Boy, what are we going to do now?” I called him for his attention.

 

The moment he turned around to look at me was the funniest split second where I caught he gaped to his wonderment. He gazed at me as if he has never seen me as Pie Mindara. “Oh God!” He patted his cheeks in disbelief. “My manly soul is shaking.” He made me chuckled with his reaction.

 

            “Do I look good?” I twirled around to show him my whole figure in the gown. It fitted me perfectly. It wasn’t a surprise if it’s my size. This gown might come from Jovian’s collection and if it’s true, this gown was really mine.

 

            “Of course you are.” P’Boy took out his phone and captured a photo of me. “You’re the brightest bride of the day.” He said in his low voice but it turned out so clear to me.

 

            “Excuse me?” I opened my mouth to ask him question but then he cut me again.

 

“Let’s get going now.” He said hastily. “To the set.” He informed as he beckoned me to a direction. I thought we were going to have the photo shoot here?

 

It didn’t take that long when the car pulled up in front of a chapel at the outskirt of town. It really surprised me because we would have the most realistic setting for the photo shoot. I threw my gaze around the area. Cars were parked in well ordered arrangement at the either side of the small road. I was being too positive in it when I presumed that the cars belonged to the crews. Before I got out of the car, P’Boy handed me a bouquet of flower. I took it without hesitation because it’s what I need if I were about to shoot for a ‘wedding’. It made me think who would be my bridegroom. Kim might freak out if she figured out about this. She might dislike the idea. Let’s say that I wished this session wouldn’t take too long. I want to go home and spend the rest of the day with Kim.

 

P’Boy assisted me as we walked down the pavement leading to the entrance of the chapel. He stopped me right in front of the huge door before another man came to greet me. My eyes nearly popped out from its socket at the very moment I saw the figure that stood right in front of me. This was just getting unbelievable. “PAPA!” I gasped nearly screaming as his figure was being translated by my mind as Kimhan’s father.

 

            “Oh hi Pie.” He smiled at me while taking my hand to his left arm so that I could clutch my hand there.

 

            “What are you doing here?” I asked still couldn’t believe my eyes.

 

            “I’m here as the supporting character.” He said without missing a beat. “Mario asked me to come here.” It still couldn’t convince me. “To cut the cost.” He added, forcing a laugh.

 

            “Shall we move now?” He asked to me and I nodded at him. My mind began to race, thinking about any possibilities for this weird day. First, I had my wedding gown and now, there’s Mr. Jittaleela on the set. What would come next?

 

The huge and heavy door creaked opened slowly and it reached to my hearing that the organ started to play the bridal chorus which I often hear at any wedding occasion. It welcomed both of us with its glorious melody. My heart was beating too fast that I couldn’t concentrate with what’s happening. Mr. Jittaleela walked me down the long aisle and my suspicious grew stronger. “Papa, what’s the purpose of the music anyway? It’s not that the sound can be captured into the pictures.” I asked, curious.

 

He chuckled upon hearing me and only answered the question awhile later. “It’s recorded as well.” He stated. Recorded? Did he try to pull my leg?

 

I brushed my gaze around the chapel briefly. The benches were occupied with the guests and it surprised me again when I caught the figures of Kim’s relatives and my closed friends. Focusing to the one that smiled widely at me, I noticed she’s Yam. Seated on her left was my sister, waving her hand excitedly as my eyes met her. What were they doing here for real?

 

            “Papa…” I called him but he cut me first.

 

            “Smile for the cameras, Pie.” And with that, the flashes from the cameras blinded me momentarily.

 

I grew more nervous as we paced further down the aisle, this wasn’t an ordinary photo shoot I knew it. The sudden realization struck me as I focused my sight to the end of the aisle. We were getting closer to it but I didn’t see anyone waiting for me. Just when I thought my suspicion wasn’t true, a very familiar figure stepped onto the stage anticipating my arrival.

 

            “What… what is she doing here?” I tore my gaze away and demanded an explanation from Mr. Jittaleela. I knew he kept something I didn’t know.

He turned to look at me with a meaningful smile. “She’s the main character for this photo shoot.” He told me. “No, Let me rephrase that; both of you are the main characters for this special photo shoot.” He corrected.

 

After somewhat it felt like eternity, we finally reached the end of the aisle. Mr. Jittaleela assisted me until I was able to stand on the stage, facing my partner for the day. She was facing me with a tense smile. She looked nervous herself. I have never seen her that anxious.

 

            “Pie…” She called me with all her nervousn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter