London; Day 4

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pie’s POV

A deep ache throbbed in the base of my head and I winced loudly when I felt my brain was going to explode. I didn’t even remember if I did suffer from any brain injuries but the last time I checked on myself, I was in a good health. Attempting to move my body, I found that I was being caged in a warm embrace. There’s no need for me to fret anyway. My sensory smell quickly detected the familiar scent of fresh citrus; Kim. Did I ever tell you she smelled like a lemon? That was because the detergent we used for launder. How we ended up sleeping in the same bed when the last thing I could recall was we were eating at the restaurant? My brain was too hurtful to function.

 

            “Kim...” My voice croaked as I spoke. It came to my realization that my throat was burning. I tried to ease the pain by clearing my throat but it only tortured me more. Good thing Pie, you got sore throat.

 

            “Kim...” I snuggled deeper to her chest. I regretted the movement I made. It caused my world to spin, inviting a tremendous feel of nausea. The next thing I knew, I hurriedly darted myself to the bathroom despite my aching head. Reaching to the nearest spot where I could pour out the whole content of my stomach. I slumped over the toilet boil and vomited only air. Did I eat too much last night that my digestive system became depressed?

 

            “Pie!” I heard Kim came to my side in rush. She must be awake with my sudden move. Kim patted my back gently as if it would work to lessen my terrible feel; I swear it wasn’t. I sat back weakly and Kim caught my form before my touched the floor. Without any words, Kim lifted me up until I could stand on my feet. She carried me back to the bed and made me seated carefully at the edge of it. Kim didn’t even look at me while I was desperately seeking for her enchanted brown eyes. Why she refused to make an eye contact with me when the first thing she always done whenever I woke up in the morning was staring at me?

 

            “You have a terrible hangover.” Kim murmured and an instant later, she walked to the bathroom again. She returned to me with a small towel and also a basin of water.

 

            “What happened to me?” I asked, feeling slightly frighten with the serious gaze Kim held. Kim took a look at me for awhile before she soaked the towel into the water. She squeezed the cloth until it was slightly damp.

 

            “You were drunk. Do you know that?” She answered and at the same time returning a question to me.

 

I shook my head, no. Did I?

 

            “You were drunk and that was the last time you would touch any liquor.” Kim said and brought the damp towel to my face. She wiped my face with a great care and all I could do was staring at her admiringly. Kim has and always been patient with me. She never failed to show her affection towards me and I was constantly took that for granted. How selfish I am.

 

            “I think the headache is unbearable.” I complained to her, demanding for an attention like a little girl. Kim sighed loudly and shifted her gaze at me. Finally, she looked at me in the eye. Oh how I loved to be drowned in that brown eyes.

 

            “I’ll get you some aspirins.” She told me.

 

            “My throat doesn’t feel good too.” I pursed my lower lips and dropped my gaze, unable to hold any eye contact with Kim anymore. She might think I was troublesome to her by now.

 

Kim move somewhere around the room and returned to me right after. She handed me a bottle of water. “Drink this.” She told me. Later, I felt she place her hand to my forehead, checking my temperature. I peeked up at Kim just to caught she gasped to her utmost terror as if she was just seeing a ghost. “Oh my God Pie, you are burning.” Kim frowned.

 

            “Stupid Kim, how couldn’t you realize it?” I heard she cursed herself. I don’t think she was so wrong after all. Kim just being too over protective towards me that she tended to put all the blame on her when something unpleasant happened to me.

 

Kim quickly grabbed her wallet on the bed side table and paced in hurry to the door. “Where are you going?” I found myself asking. I did automatically rise from my seat but Kim warned me with her eyes to stay. I shrunk back to the bed like an obedient child.

 

            “I’m going to get some pills and medicine for you.” She said. “It won’t take that long.” Kim added when she saw I was about to protest.

 

Kim waited for a brief second if I would utter anything to her and yes I do have something to tell her. “Are you going out with your pyjama?” My eyebrows furrowed into a perfect shape of confusion. Kim checked on her attire and stepped back to her luggage. Then it dawned upon me to check on myself too.

 

            Realizing that this was not the same clothes I’d wear yesterday. I screamed out to the top of my lungs. My voice even echoed in my own head making the pounding headache even worse. I watched how Kim covered her ears in shock while gazing at me. Perhaps my voice has developed into a siren cry!

 

            “How do I get to be this ?” I covered my revealing skin with my hands which turned out to be a pointless effort. How couldn’t I realize it since the beginning that I was only wearing my bra and ?

 

Instead of answering, Kim rolled her eyes at me and continued her mission of finding her shirt for change.

 

            “Kim, answer me!” I spat.

 

            “I know this is going to happen.” Kim sighed and turned to face me again. “You stripped yourself.” She said casually with a shrug. Before I could speak to her again, Kim cut me. “You were drunk and sadly can’t recall anything. I didn’t do anything to you and you’re completely if you have not having any with any person yet.” Kim said in one breath. Why do I think she sound too harsh for it?

 

            “I’ll be going now and I’ll be right back.” Kim said. An instant later, her figure disappeared from my sight as she closed the door behind her.

 

Did I do something embarrassing last night? Someone, please answer me!

 

 

            ************************************************************************

I sat like a statue on the bed, waiting for Kim’s return. I had myself covered with proper clothes. Well, I just grabbed Kim’s pyjama shirt and wore it. If I were about to change to my clothes, I haven’t take my bath yet. I brushed my gaze to myself. It turned out that Kim’s shirt was so oversized to me. I don’t need the pants though. Awhile later the click sound of the door caught my attention. Kim’s figure emerged from the entrance. When she stepped into the room, she stopped on her feet immediately, staring at me with a startle look.

 

            “What?” I cocked my head to the left, asking her with the gesture if I had done something wrong to her.

 

            “It’s nothing.” Kim stuttered and closed the door. I heard she heaved a deep breath before she brought her gaze at me again. Her cheeks flushed hot red and I started to realize that it was me who made her to be that way.

 

            “Do I look like a cute wife here?” I lifted my both arms to the air, showing how the sleeves of the pyjama had engulfed my hands and small frame. “I know I’m smoking hot!” I when I purposely bit my lips.

 

            “Oh my goodness, are you still drunk Pie?” Kim walked to my direction in haste and tilted my chin until I was able to look at her. “I don’t know that you could be this worse.” She shook her head.

 

            “Hey, what are you talking about?” I removed her hand and pushed Kim to sit on the floor right in front of me.

 

            “Tell me, what number is this?” Kim gestured two fingers at me.

 

            “Two.” I told her.

 

            “What about this?” She opened up her five fingers and added her left thumb to it.

 

            “Six.”

 

            “You’re fully conscious.” She cupped my face, scanning every inch of my facial feature to make an assurance.

 

            “Of course I am.” I nodded my head. “My name is Pie Mindara Manaying and I am the fiancée to Kimhan Jittaleela, the most arrogant, boastful and stingy tom.” I spoke it out loud to Kim so that she knew I’m in my clear state.

 

I thought Kim was about to scold me for putting those ‘honourable’ titles to her but then she surprised me when she just nodded in relief to my response. “I’m glad you’re back.” She said.

 

            “What do you mean by ‘I’m back’ and did I do something embarrassing last night?” I blurted out all my curiosity since the only person who could answer it was her.

 

The corner of Kim’s lips slowly curled up into a smirk. “Go and figure it out yourself.”

 

            “Kim!” I warned her with a look.

 

            “Why don’t you go and clean yourself. We’ll have our breakfast and you can have your medicine.” She told me and teased my nose with the tip of her finger.

 

            “It’s cold now and it’s even raining outside.” I folded my arms and sat stubbornly. Kim threw her gaze outside the window. It just was raining when she reached our room.

 

            “Well, if you need my help, I’m so glad to lend my hands.” Kim said with a threatening smile. I knew that ert look.

 

            “I know you won’t do it.” I said in a singsong tone and stuck out my tongue to her. How childish I am, isn’t it? And it just happens when I’m with Kimhan Jittaleela.

 

            “Challenge accepted.” Kim responded and before I could register anything, Kim heaved me up from the bed swiftly. She was so strong enough, isn’t she? I gasped to my horror when I found myself floated in the air. My head started to get hurt again and the world spun even faster than I could ever imagine.

 

            “Put me down!” I protested as Kim arranged her steps to the bathroom. This is unbelievable. She’s going to get us taking bath together? I couldn’t let it happen. She was dared enough to take my challenge. I was joking! Didn’t she know that?

 

            “Isn’t it a norm for a spouse to take bath together?” Kim queried while carefully stepped into the shower room.

 

            “We are not even married! What are you talking about?” I hit her back with all my might. Kim didn’t seem to get affected by it.

 

            “I heard that taking bath with your loved one when you’re sick can help to lessen ones suffering and for your case, your fever.” She told me. I wonder how she could carry me this ease and stable when all I did would cause us to fall. “I can help to rub your back and you can have your princess time.” Kim added.

 

            “I have never heard such theory.” I pinched her shoulder and Kim shrieked in pain because of it. “And besides that, I don’t love you.” I sputtered.

 

As if my say has a veto control of Kim’s entire being, she gently put me down on my feet. I knew I have done something wrong to her when I caught the hurtful expression all over her face.

 

            “I’ve the heater. It will get ready in a few minutes.” She told me and stepped out from the shower room.

 

            “Kim...” I called her but it was too late when she closed the door of the bathroom, leaving me alone in guilt.

 

            ****************************************************************************

When I got out from the bathroom, I saw Kim spent her time listening to her iPod while leaning her back to the couch. It seemed like the music calmed her as she closed her eyes, letting herself to completely drown in the melody. Glancing to the table next to it, our breakfast has been delivered to the room. I took my spot beside her on the couch. Kim’s eyes fluttered open when she noticed the movement.

 

            “I’m done. It’s your turn.” I told her. Kim nodded at me and quickly got herself to gather her clothes.

 

Once Kim disappeared into the bathroom, I took the opportunity to have a check at what was she listening just now. It was not I always being a nosy person but I was just curious about her taste in music. I browsed the songs list and saw that she kept the track to one song. So, she has been listening to this song repeatedly awhile ago. I put the headphone to my head and the song played.

 

Look into my eyes, you will see

What you mean to me

Search your heart, search your soul

And when you find me there

You’ll search no more

 

I turned it off even if it was just starting. Didn’t it obvious that the starting lyric depicted our current situation? Kim was hoping for me and it was too much. I put the iPod back to its former position. Feeling unwell myself, I walked lazily back to the bed and tucked myself into the comforter. Kim got out from the bathroom soon after and saw me already in the bed.

 

            “Have you eaten the breakfast?” Kim as caring as ever, asked me.

 

            “Not yet. I’m waiting for you.” I told her. Kim put her hands to her waist and gazed at me with a scolding stare. An instant later, she got the tray and took it to me.

 

            “It’s getting cold. Why don’t you just eat without me?” Kim muttered. I kept my eyes on her. I don’t know since when Kim started to grumble a lot like an old lady but it was always funny to witness it.

 

            “I don’t think I have an appetite to eat.” I pouted.

 

            “At least have some bites. You need to take your medicine.” Kim sighed. Why she sighed a lot this morning. Was she getting tired of me?

 

            “I’m not going to eat if you don’t feed me.” I said and looked away in embarrassment. Why did I say that? Who taught me to behave this way? Childish! From the corner of my eyes I saw Kim’s eyebrows pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter