Embracing The Love

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Does it true that hatred would someday bring us to love? How is it even possible when the heart was wounded with the worst human 'sickness'? When you said you hate a person, doesn't it mean you have never like everything about him/her? Again, how it is possible for you to like or what more to love him/her in other way around? Feeling confuse and meet the blunt end of the answer? This was what truly happened to Pie. She often said she hates Kim but does she hate the tom for real? What if someday she's possibly fall for Kim? Does it make sense? She has never thought that she would involve into this kind of bizarre relationship. Date a tom who was actually a girl like her? A girl who actually appeared in guy's appearance? What kind of game did she chose to join for the first place? The intention of seeking a shortcut to a better living had led her into a completely new chapter of the life. Stuck with an agreement that sealed them together and yet forced to fake everything for the sake of half of million dollars, she knew she couldn't turn back the time neither retracted everything.

 

Back to her current situation, both of them were heading home after they spent some time at the ice - cream store. If she knew Kim would seriously mean "the kiss" thing, she would never ask the tom for her ice - cream. Never did she think Kim could bravely kiss her in public even if it was just a kiss on her cheeks. Pie remembered vividly how people stare to them with various kind of reactions. Some smiled sheepishly and others just pretended not to notice. One thing that Pie sure, no one threw their disgust look to them. That most probably they didn't really recognise Kim's truest gender. Only if they ever figured it out, both of them might have been kicked out from the store.

 

The public cab that they took still moving slowly on the congested road. It's a norm of the city life where the traffic was often and forever bad - stuffed with various kind of vehicles and what not. The weekend added the worst part to it too because most citizen were actually going out for some urban activities such as go shopping to the mall or at least, strolling around the city despite knowing it would be a hectic and stuffed with people. Glancing to Kim who was actually sitting next to her, Pie noticed that the tom grinned like lunatic, somewhat daydreaming since they boarded into the cab. Sometimes Kim shook her head as if she was trying to deny the thought in her mind and it eventually irritated Pie who was actually watching her behaviour from time to time.

 

"Why are you smiling and grinning like that?" Pie interfered into Kim's daydreaming.

 

As Pie had expected, Kim shifted her gaze to her with a wide grin plastered to her face. "Nothing. Maybe I'm just happy." Kim said.

 

"And why did you hold my hand until now." Pie dropped her sight to their intertwined hand. It was the second reason on why she felt irritated with Kim.

 

"Can't I hold my fianceè's hand?" Kim queried. The wide grin subsided into a warm smile that Pie has never seen previously. It was so beautiful and tender with a warm emotion. It's love.

 

"What has gotten into you?" Worriedly Pie reached out her hand to Kim's forehead, checking the rise in her temperature if it even possible.

 

"Hey, I'm fine." Kim chuckled her response to Pie. "I'm trying to be sweet to you." She added.

 

"Seriously Kim, are you sick? We can turn around to the nearest clinic." Pie said and ready to tell the taxi driver to change their direction.

 

Seeing Pie's immediate reaction, Kim came up to confirm that she didn't need to see the doctor.  "I'm fine. Just let's go home."

 

"Uh..Alright. I'll just get you your pills when we reach home." Pie's brows arched into its perfect shape of confusion.

 

"Do you really need to hold my hand like this?" Again Pie diverted her eyes to their hands. It seemed like Kim didn't even wanted to let it free.

 

"Why?" Kim asked.

 

"Because my fingers started to feel numb, you stupid Kim! Do you know how firm your grip on my hand?" Pie snapped in irritation. Her other free hand already made its way to Kim's head. The tom got a smack as a gift.

 

"Oh I'm sorry." Kim slackened their entwined fingers gently.

 

"I'm sorry." She reiterated her apology but this time Pie watched how Kim brought the hand to and yet she witnessed how the tom planted a kiss to her hand.

 

"What are you doing?!" Pie retracted her hand in one swift move. Kim was definitely too much for today.

 

"Lessen the pain?" Kim said.

 

"There's no need for you to do that!"

.

"I'm just trying to treat you in the right place." Kim soften the tone in her voice. "It's your wish right?"


 

Pie was unable to utter any single word of her reaction to Kim. It happened that they only gazed into each other eyes. Pie was indeed clueless while Kim on the other hands expressing her blank expression to the girl. Pie was in doubt to tell that Kim was actually mad at her because she didn't express that way. There was somewhat the entire galaxies spinning in her calming gaze. It was sparkling with millions tiny stars called hope.

 

"I guess you are not really used to it yet." Kim spoke up, breaking the awkward silence. "Well, we can work this out slowly."

 

"We are here Sir." The driver butted in, acknowledged Kim that he had done his task of taking them to their targeted place. Pie threw her gaze out of the window pane just to confirm it. The bungalow stood magnificently right before her eyes.

 

Kim paid for the fare while Pie unlocked the giant gate with the aid of the electronic remote control. Soon before they manage to arrange their steps, Kim's phone rang loudly to their hearing.

 

"Mama." Kim acknowledged Pie after somewhat she saw the girl was actually peeking to the screen.

 

"You answer it for me."Kim handed the phone to Pie.

 

"Why should I?"Reluctantly Pie took it from Kim.

 

"I need to use the toilet. You go in first alright? I'll just use the toilet at the garage." Kim said. Right after it, the tom rushed to do her business.

 

The phone stopped ringing for a while and within few seconds, it rang to Pie's alarm once again.

 

"Hello Mama." She picked up the call.

 

"Hello Pie. What are you doing? Where's Kim?" Mrs.Jittaleela asked.

 

"She's answering the call of nature." Pie chuckled. "We just come back from photo shoot session. Kim helped her friend, Mario." Pie told Mrs.Jittaleela the surface detail of their activities this morning.

 

"What can we help you, Mama?"

 

"Mama wants to invite both of you for lunch. Tell Kim to come over okay? It has been ages since Mama last see her." Mrs.Jittaleela said.

 

"Alright Mama. I'll tell her straight away. See you in a few minutes?"

 

"See you later Pie. Don't forget to come. Mama cook special meal for us." Mrs.Jittaleela told her gladly and soon after that, their conversation ended.


 

*********************************************

 

"Pie, what did Mama tell you?" Kim asked, taking her seat next to Pie on the couch at the living room. The girl was looking at the broken pieces of her phone. She seemed upset with it.

 

"Mama invited us for lunch. I guess we have to hurry. It's almost noon now." Pie responded without taking her eyes off from the item.

 

"Don't you feel tired of what not? You can actually tell Mama any excuses." It comes to Pie's surprise to hear such thing from Kim.

 

Shifting her gaze to Kim straight into the tom's eyes, Pie started to point out the mistake that Kim didn't even realize for her entire being lately, "When was the last time you went to your parents' place and visit them Kim?"

 

"You haven't see Mama after the engagement ceremony until now." Pie scowled.

 

"Well, I just thought that you're exhausted and not in mood." The tom murmured.

 

"I hear you Kim. I hear you!"

 

"Are you trying to say that I'm moody all the time?" Pie's patient started to boil up.

 

"No! It's not what you thinking." Kim began to panic. This wasn't the first time for Pie to see the tom in such way. As usual, she often found it amusing. Kim's facial expression and body language told her that the tom was actually having  a slight fear towards her.

 

"And then what?" Pie surmised with a sarcastic look.

 

"Don't you say we need to hurry? Go and get your change. I'm sure you want to look presentable in front of my parents." Kim redirected their conversation to another topic not too far deviated from what Pie had mentioned to her earlier.

 

"So clever Kim. Well done." Pie scoffed to the fact that Kim knew how to escape herself from such trap question.

 

"By the way Pie, we will get a new phone for you. Are you happy with it?" Kim came up with the idea, once again trying to distract Pie's attention.

 

"A new phone?" The girl gazed to the tom surprisingly.

 

"I thought you need a new one in order to manage all your social accounts?"

 

"Yes I do but.." Pie didn't continue her words.

 

"Aren't you suppose to be happy that I'm finally willing to spend some of my expenditure on you?" Kim queried innocently.

 

"I know you won't stop thinking that I'm such a gold digger. But I do appreciate whatever people gave me."

 

"The phone. It is the first stuff of your own that you gave me." Pie said which later made Kim taken aback.

 

"And you value it that much even though it's a second hand stuff?" Kim asked.

 

"Of course! Because it was given by you." Pie muttered her own confession.

 

"What makes it even special and valuable if it was me who gave it to you?" Kim couldn't get the point.

 

"It's nothing. I'll go and get change now. You should do the same too." The girl chose not to further the topic. She was the first one to make a move and head upstairs to the room. Kim, the imbecile person she had ever met. Lack of common senses and unable to link up all reaction to the situation or vice versa. It was anyhow good to Pie. Lucky her that Kim couldn't get her meaning. Deep inside, Pie got confounded with her own statement. Since when she had that little tiny feeling of appreciating everything Kim had done for her. She wasn't supposed to feel that way. She shouldn't even have that thought in her mind. It was so wrong. She shouldn't build up any kind of feeling or what not. She shouldn't. The contract would end someday, not that sooner but it would eventually end and untie all agreement they had dealt with.

 

"Just a few more weeks Pie. You can do it."

 

*********************************************

 

Jittaleela's Residence.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter