Believe

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was like any other night of the day where Kim and Pie had their dinner together. Nine hours had passed and Pie still didn’t bother to talk to Kim. Despite the cold treatment the girl had to the tom, she still cook and did the dishes as usual. Done with their meal, both of the girls went to their room, again everything happened in silence. Kim had not yet wanted to sleep when the flashes of lightning lit up the darkened sky followed by cracks of thunder as though in reply. She knew soon enough, the downpour will pour heavily yet so mercilessly. Rain; what it could possibly do to living things? Rain might nourish the drain ground with bless and feed the plants out of their thirst if it do come rightly but what comes to worst when rain poured excessively? It destroys all that came to their way. The chronology of the rain made Kim wondered of the approaches she used to win Pie’s heart. Was she doing it wrongly that it became unacceptable to the girl or it was too extreme for the beginning? She wanted to change and ridiculously it was all because of the girl. Was it too soon to tell that she started to fall in love with the girl? What if the blooming feeling she felt at the moment was not love? One thing that she knew, it wasn’t too late to figure things out.

            The sudden deafening crush of thunder awakened Kim from her own thought and not long after it, she heard a loud knocks on the door of her bedroom. There’s no other person in the house but Pie. “Come in.” She said her approval. The door flung open with a sudden gush which later caught Kim in a bit state of startle. There she saw the petite girl stepped into the room with a pillow in her hand.

 

            “May I help you?” Kim sounded indifferent. Pie fidgeted on her own feet.

 

            “Can I sleep here tonight?” Pie asked nearly in her inaudible soft voice. The roaring thunder made it difficult for the tom to listen to the girl clearly. Then it another wave of loud thunder came to strike the Earth before Kim saw the girl collapsed on the floor, hugging her knees like a frightened puppy. By the sight that came to her view, Kim figured out that Pie was actually fear to thunder and heavy rain.

 

            “Hey, are you alright?” Kim made her way to the girl.

 

            “I’m afraid.” Pie murmured.

 

            “It’s fine here. Let’s get you to sleep.” Kim said, picking up the girl from the floor.

 

            “I’m sorry for troubling you.” The girl said.

 

            “No. It’s fine. You can have the bed. I’ll just sleep at the couch.” Kim assured it.

 

            “No – no!” Pie shook her head as if the tom had done wrong. “I don’t want to sleep alone that’s why I came here.” Pie pouted. She tore away her gaze from the tom and by Kim’s luck she saw Pie’s cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

 

            “Well, it is my luckiest day then!” Kim exclaimed.

 

            “Don’t you dare to do nonsense to me or….”

 

            “What?” Kim cut the girl. “You will kill me?”

 

            “You won’t do it Pie. There’s no need to threaten me. It’s pointless now.” Kim muffled her chuckles.

 

            “Whatever. I want to sleep.” Pie met her blunt end.

 

            “Where should I sleep?” The girl asked.

 

            “In my arms?” Kim replied so innocently. Her dark brown eyes dancing flirtatiously as she spoke.

 

            “KIM!” Pie glared up at her.

 

            “Fine, you can have the right side of the bed.” Kim knew she couldn’t say more when Pie had threatened her with the look.

 

 

            *********************************************************************************

 

            “There’s no sign that the rain would stop soon.” Kim sighed.

 

            “It was your entire fault.” Pie in.

 

            “What did I do wrong?” Kim was taken aback with the absent – minded accusation Pie had to her. She rolled to her side so did Pie. For fleeting seconds, they both stared into each other eyes for clues.

 

            “You are the Frog Prince. You and your descendant had called the rain.” Pie said. By the time Pie told her that, Kim realized that the girl was actually adapting the tales which elders often tell to the young where it was believed that the croaking sounds of the frogs whenever the rain comes was meant to be a wishing call.

 

            “Is it truly my fault?” Kim pointed to herself. “I thought I have changed to a real Prince.”  Kim asked, raising an eyebrow at Pie with a mocking smile.

 

            “It was because your bad attitude, you have been cursed to frog again.” Pie surmised. Her baby face broke into a pearly white smile before she muffled her laugh in her pillow.

 

            “Then you must be the Witch that has casted the spell on me.” Kim went along with the play.

 

            “I’m not a Witch.” Pie denied. “I am a Princess.” The girl said.

 

            “Perhaps the girl in front of me can break the curse and change me to a real Prince again?” Kim said wishfully.

 

            “It requires a true love kiss.” The girl’s reply made Kim lost her words.

 

            “And the unrequited love makes it even impossible for me to break free from the curse.” Kim said, exhaling a long sigh of despair.

 

            “I think I’m making things hard for you.” Pie voiced up, breaking the tense in the air. “You wished to change but I’m denying your effort. I feel bad for it.”

 

            “That’s because you refuse to believe me.” Kim interjected.

 

            “Kim, let me talk.” Pie motioned with her hand, asking the tom to listen to her.

 

            “I am aware that you started to have a feeling for me.” Pie said then she swallowed hard. “I beg you to stop all your efforts to win me.”

 

            “Why?” Kim gasped and just so quickly she got up from the bed.

 

            “Because I don’t and will never have any feeling toward you. Don’t waste your time for me. Just so you know I am not fond with this kind of relationship. I am here because I am helping you and all of this fantasy will end very soon.” Pie t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter