Torn Inside

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            “Fern, I really need to leave now.” Kim contended. However, Fern seemed to ignore it. Once, Kim stole a glance to her secretary, hoping that Jane would lend a hand for help. She saw Jane’s brow knitted confusingly while the irritated expression that she inserted to her frown implied how annoyed she was to see Fern around.

 

            “Oh please Kim. I’ve been looking for you since I arrived here last week.” Fern gazed to her with a pleading look. They gazed into each other eyes momentarily. All Kim saw in the reflextion of Fern’s eyes were the long kept stories which were now ignited desperately for someone to hear its content.

 

            “I’m just so occupied. Besides I don’t know that you would come back here.” Kim started to feel awkward. It was roughly about ten years or more since they last met. Both had grown up into different person whose the old time shared the same life story.

 

            “I just feel like I want to come back here.” Fern said half whispering. Kim could sense that the drama was about to start. She hated this.

 

            “EHEM!” It was so lucky that Jane came to interrupt. The gorgeous secretary stood right next to the couch, near to Fern. Both Kim and Fern peeked up to look to Jane. The young maiden folded her arms with her disgruntled  demeanour. She inserted  a lopsided sneer to her pose. Everybody could read her body language. The secretary was irked by Fern’s presence.

 

            “Excuse me. May I know who are you Miss?” Jane still acted professionally even though Kim knew that her secretary could be more mean than she looked.

 

 “Do you know that every appointment with Ms.Kim needs to pass my arrangement first?” Jane said in one sharp line.

 

            “And who are you?” Fern frowned. The tense inside the room start to build up. Fern’s blazing eyes burrowed into Jane’s while the opponent seemed not to surrender too.

 

            “Obviously I am Kim’s secretary. Are you deaf or what? Don’t you hear I mentioned to you earlier that every appoinment with Kim needs to pass my arrangement first?” Snapped Jane. Her trueself started to show up.

 

            “Ugh, I don’t need that.” Kim saw Fern rolled her eyes to the secretary. “Kim, I can meet you anytime right?” Fern turned to look at the innocent tom. She got a frustrated  response from Kim when that tom seemed to be on the fence. Kim just shrugged, uncertain with her own reaction.

 

            “Look, you’re not welcome here.” Jane said just to charge Fern’s patient. Kim saw it herself, Fern gritted her teeth as if she was trying to control her out burst.

 

            “Kim, your secretary is so rude! Tell her who I am to you.” Fern spat. Her rising tone implied how aggressive she could be if Jane started to voice up once again. The volcano of irritation will errupt in no time.

 

            “What did you say!?” Jane’s eyes widen. Imagine the sparks of electical charges looming out from her eyes, the secretary was all ready to pick up a fight with Fern.

 

            “You’re so rude!” Fern repeated it with a dramatic annoying tone in her voice.

 

            “Have you ever look at yourself in the mirror? I don’t think you did realize it. Let me tell you. You’re such a shamless barbaric !” Jane countered with a loud snort. Jane’s words was surely managed to vent Fern’s anger. Kim’s sight followed Fern’s figure whose later  rose up from her seat. The lady looked terribly indignant.

 

            “What?” Jane was so brave. The two ladies closed up their distance which Kim estimate their forehead would bumped into each other if any one of them did a movement.

 

            “How much did you pay for your life’s insurance? I bet you have none.” Fern seemed not to give in. “I think you need to attend more courtesy lessons before you even appointed to hold this secretary position.” She inserted.

 

            “Oh really?” Jane just flashed a big smile to Fern. A bitter fake smile.

 

            “I DON’T NEED THAT!” With that, Kim watched how grudgingly Jane pushed Fern on her shoulder. The sudden force made Fern stumbled backward but no, the startled lady didn’t fell off to the ground.

 

Raged by Jane’s uncaution act, Fern arranged her counter – attack. Ladies remain ladies. The target landed to Jane’s hair. Not to be defeated, Jane reached out her hands to Fern’s hair too. The real fight begun when two of them started to struggle in order to escape themselve from each other’s grip.

 

            “Hey ladies stop!” Kim tried to disengaged the ferocious  argument. Her effort exert no effect to the ladies. Their screeching voice filled up every edge of the small room with each other insulated  absentmindedly.

 

            “It’s better for me to leave right now.” Kim said to herself. “Sorry ladies, but I need to check on Pie.” Slowly Kim crept away, escaping the room without none of Jane neither Fern realizing it.

 

Kim panted heavily as soon as she reached the lobby of the building. A security guard came to approach her as he saw Kim in suspicious demeanour.  “Good afternoon Ms.Kim, is there anything I can help you?” The tall white guy asked.

 

“I’m fine.” Kim looked up to him just to find he was staring to her concernly. “But you should do me a favor.” She said.

 

“Please checks for the ladies in my office before they kill each other with their hands.” Kim directed. “Now!” She dictated seriously. The security guard gave his rigid nod before he rushed to get the elevator. Kim didn’t have any clues on what has happened to the girls but she hope everything was fine. There’s another girl who was awaiting her at home – Pie.

 

 

            **************************************************************************************

 

The Bungalow

 

            “Pie? Can I come in?” Kim knocked on the door, informing Pie her presence.

 

            “Wait!” Pie bellowed from inside. Kim distorted her intention for awhile.

 

            “Okay, you can come in.” Pie approved after a few seconds.

 

Pie watched the unlocked door gradually ajar. Kim showed up instantly after that. For the history of her life, this was the first time for Kim to step into her room along her stay here. This could be so awkward.

 

            “Hey, are you alright?” Kim walked directly to her bed. She saw Pie covered her lower half body with the duvet. Does she felt so cold in this hot afternoon?

 

            “Not really.” Pie shook her head faintly.

 

            “It’s a common thing happens everytime menstruation right?” That tom asked. Casually Kim dropped her to the edge of the bed. Their close distance made Pie nervous and shy at the same time.

 

            “I have never got this  worst period pain before.” Pie pouted. Warm blood rushed up to her face. She couldn’t understand why she felt so shy to Kim although that tom is a girl like herself too.

 

            “Do you want me to call the doctor?” Kim asked and concurrently took out her mobile phone from her blazer.

 

            “No need. It would cost a lot.” Pie refused. The blot of her hardship life shadowed her up until now. Back to her real life, she couldn’t afford to meet a doctor whenever  she or her sister fell sick.

 

            “Cost a lot?” Kim scoffed with Pie’s statement. “Since when you have this consideration on spending my money?” Kim giggled. It was out of her expectation that Pie was capable of saying so.

 

            “There’s no need to call the doctor. It’s not I could die because of this.” Pie snapped. Kim gulped in fear. Pie’s emotion wasn’t that stable momentarily. It wasn’t a good idea to make fun or joke to that lady right in the moment.

 

            “Fine.” Kim gave in. “Let this Dr.Kim treat you today.” She decided.

 

            “What are you going to do with me?” Pie pulled up the duvet a bit more, covering herself as if Kim was going to do something harmful towards her.

 

            “Check on your sensitive private part of course!” Kim blurted confidently. “We shall see what was wrong with her.” The cunning smile that stitched to Kim’s lips made Pie shuddered.

 

            “Nasty creature!” Feeling threatened by Kim’s intention, Pie took her pillow and landed a hard hit on that tom’s head. “Get out of my room psycho!” The frightened lady yelled.

 

            “Hey! Hey! Chill Pie.” Kim defended herself by  raising her hands over her head in a protective gesture.

 

            “Get out of my room! You barbaric psycho tom!” Pie yelled out her lungs where every window pane of the house could shatter into micro pieces.

 

            “Hey chill!” Kim stopped Pie by holding her wrists securely in her grip.

 

            “Let me go!” The ferocious girl recoiled.

 

Then it happened that Kim had no choice to calm Pie down rather than pulling the girl into her embrace which later causing the girl’s face to burry deeply to the crook of her neck. Miraculously, the storming anxiety gradually ceased. The only sound heard was their laboured breathing.

 

            “I was just kidding you know. Why you being so serious.” Kim said. She slowly Pie’s back just to soothe the girl. After awhile Pie seemed to relax a bit.

 

            “I might be cruel or what so ever you want to name me but I won’t do anything inapproriate to you.” She added.

 

Pie showed no reaction to Kim’s words. Kim knew, deep inside the girl was doubting her. “I won’t hurt you, I promise.” Kim tried to convince Pie once again.

 

            “Could you please let me go now? I can’t breathe.” Pie complained. Only then Kim realized that Pie nearly suffocated because her face pressed firmly to her skin.

 

            “Oh, I’m sorry.” The tom freed the girl from her arms.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter