London; Day 2

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pie’s POV

I woke up to a gentle touch on my cheek and the soft touch continued to bother me when it trailed down along my jaw line. It somehow sent a tingling sensation through my whole form and I groaned loudly to it. I don’t want to wake up. Please stop disturbing my sleep.

            “Go away!” I pushed the bothersome thing away with my hand. No; I didn’t sense anything but an empty air. Awhile later, I heard someone giggling softly beside me and my eyes fluttered open in a snap. I stared to exactly where the sound came from. There it was, wait that was not correct. There she was; Kim had her eyes all on me.

 

            “Good morning, my wife.” Kim beamed. She brought a finger to touch my nose lightly before she caressed my cheek with her thumb. God! Where did she get all those GOOD in the morning? I don’t think I have one today.

 

            “Why did you wake me up?” I pulled the comforter to cover my face. It was quite cold this morning. I was freezing. That was strange; my room temperature has never reached this low until I barely feel my toe. “Oh!” I gasped. “I need to prepare you breakfast.” I quickly get up from the bed. God! How can I forget about it?

 

Instead of seeing a satisfaction look on Kim’s face when she finally caught me not doing my task, I saw Kim threw me a bewildered look. I gazed back at her in daze and quickly looked down to check my entire body. My night shirt was finely hung on my petite frame. There’s nothing wrong with me.

 

Realizing I’m in confuse, Kim finally spoke up. “Did you forget that we are in London?” Kim sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose as if she was trying to stifle laughter.  I hurriedly brushed my gaze around the room. The tom was right! It was not my room back in Thailand. This was the room that we checked in yesterday. How could I forget that?

 

            “Hurry up. Get your change.” Kim said as she rose from her feet. “We are going to stroll around this city today.” She added and walked delicately to the couch. Then it dawned upon me that Kim was already in her perfect outfit – she wore a yellow round neck shirt, pitch black pants and matched it with a black leather jacket. She always looked good and no need to mention the rest. She would never fail to impress any girls who have a look at her for the first time. Me? I’m sick with it already.

 

            “I want to take a shower.” I said to her and saw she nodded.

 

            “Go ahead my lady but please hurry up. We are running out of time.” Kim tapped on her wristwatch in warning gesture. Why did we need to hurry anyway? I want to ask but I know it would be pointless. We would end up quarrelling over a small matter early in the morning.

 

           

As soon as I stepped out from the bathroom, Kim’s figure was nowhere to be seen. Where did she go? She didn’t even tell me. Did I take too long in the shower that she had no choice but to leave me for the errand? I glanced to the digital clock on the desk beside the couch; I didn’t take that long though. It was just five minutes. I already get myself dressed inside the bathroom. No way I would go when the ert psychopath Kimhan Jittaleela in the room with me. That would be a great danger. When I thought she left me for real, suddenly Kim emerged from the door, talking to somebody on the phone. There she was; being too mysterious since we arrived here. First, she didn’t allow me to have a look at her phone and today, she talked to someone. Come on! Who could that possibly be? She said it’s her first time to be in London. Did she already make friends with local people here? I don’t think so. Don’t you dare to think I am jealous. I’m not and would never will. I’m just... curious. Yes! That’s the right term.

 

            “Done?” Kim asked to me when she ended the call. I nodded my yes. I watched Kim arranged her steps to me and ridiculously I couldn’t move any single bone of my skeleton. She brushed her gaze at me from my head to toe before she smiled sheepishly. I frowned for that reaction.

 

            “You’re always beautiful Pie.” Kim said. “No drop that.” The tom shook her head. “You’re heavenly gorgeous.” Her eyes sparkled so bright when she uttered the compliment to me and I, involuntarily blushed for it. Why Pie? Why? Oh I know. Kim never really praised me for my beauty previously. She always said that I was such a nerd, short and helplessly y ugly duckling.

 

            “Ugh stop that Kim.” I managed a deadpan expression. “Shall we go now?” I cocked my head to the right, waiting for a further instruction from her. I thought we were about to head somewhere today.

 

            “We’ll have our breakfast first. I don’t want you to get sick.” Kim told me. She grabbed a few of her stuffs from the bed and kept them in her mini backpack. I did the same too but I have my purse. You know how a girl could possibly be; always take anything she thought ‘necessary’.

 

            “Where are we going Kim?” I queried to her as we walked side by side along the path. Kim glanced at me and smiled. Instead of answering me, she took my hand in hers. She made us walked arm in arm by now. I wanted to protest but she kept me firm.

 

            “You’ll know it later.” Kim told me. The elevator ding opened and we entered it. Soon enough, we arrived at the ground floor. Kim led me to the left and just in the nick of time, we reached a small restaurant. The seats were almost occupied but I spotted some were not. This could be the hotel’s brasserie I presumed, since everybody was here for their morning meal.

 

            “I’m planning to take you somewhere for breakfast but since you woke up pretty late, we shall get something here instead.” Kim said as we paced to an empty table. I shot her a look but she wasn’t really looking at me. Kim tried to be a gentlewoman as she could always possibly be when she dragged the chair for me. Perhaps she should really stop doing that for me. I can do it myself.

 

            “You know, you can always wake me up a bit earlier.” I pouted once we were seated.

 

This time, Kim quickly gazed at me. “I thought someone is annoyed when I tried to wake her up just now?” Her eyebrows furrowed in tease.

 

            “If that was what you call waking up someone...” I began. Kim looked at me intently. “Day 2 as my spouse. YOU FAILED.” I clicked my tongue loudly on the failed. Kim stared at me – dumbfounded. She blinked her eyes in disbelief. The tom didn’t manage to utter anything when the waiter came to approach us. It’s time to make an order. When I took a look at Kim again, she was still gazing at me with slightly opened. I smirked mischievously. If Kim wanted to play the game, I don’t wish to be defeated either.

            *******

I don’t feel that I need much for my breakfast. I took a cup of freshly brewed coffee and also some English muffins. My head was a bit dizzy up until now. Because of that, I lost my appetite. Kim said it might be the effect of the jet lag. It happened when we crossed different time zones and regions of the world. The tom however seemed not too affected with it. Perhaps she used to travel a lot but me; this kind of thing was entirely new unpleasant experience.

 

Talking about Kim, let’s look what she had for her breakfast today. Kim took this full English breakfast set. She had scrambled eggs, back bacon, Cumberland sausage, black pudding, sautéed mushrooms, herbed grilled tomatoes, sautéed potatoes, hash browns and baked beans. Wow! What a big eater. Perhaps if I don’t feel this sick, I’m joining her as well but thanks, I couldn’t now or I’ll puke all over her shirt in no time.

 

            “Want some?” Kim asked, lifting a spoonful of baked bean to me. I shook my head no. “It’s delicious.” She said again with her full mouth. For some reason, she quickly covered as she spoke. I knew if she didn’t do that, all inside will spray out to my direction.

 

            “I’m sorry.” Kim said when she swallowed them all. I gave her a small nod but then, I spotted some dirt on her chin.

 

            “You eat like a child.” I complained and reached for the napkin. “Don’t talk when your mouth is full.” I wiped off the dirt. I sensed that Kim froze to her seat and when I brought my gaze back to her, she was staring at me with an obvious blush on her cheeks. Did I tell you that we sat side by side? See how close I could see her face. Well, Kim looked cute when she flushed. Adorable! Snap that Pie! Drop it! Drop it! Kim wasn’t cute.

 

            “Thank you.” Kim lowered her gaze. Gosh! When did Kim learn to be this timid and shy? Or perhaps jet lag has different effect on this tom? It has turned her cool act upside down.

 

            “Perhaps if you could finish that faster...” My eyes dropped to her plate. “We can get out of here as soon as possible.” I told her. Surprisingly Kim just nodded her head like an obedient child. I don’t know that it could be very easy to handle this tom here. Well, don’t anticipate things too soon Pie. You know Kimhan Jittaleela and she was always unpredictable.

 

            ***********************************************************************

Kim took me to a place where I figured out to be a waiting station for bus – that’s it bus stop. There were quite many people here since it was summer. Parents took their children for holiday and not to forget some might be couples who were on their honeymoon like us. Us? Alright this honeymoon wasn’t really a honeymoon though but here we were. I clutched my hand to Kim’s arm tightly as I gazed to the crowd. They were all towered over me and I was practically just a small and petite Asian girl after all. I feigned a smile to anyone who came to greet me with theirs. They looked like monsters who were trying to swallow me alive whenever they looked down and found my eyes. Though the foreigners and locals greet me with a warm smile, it still scared the hell out of me since they were strangers.

            There were a few buses queuing along the road but Kim didn’t drag me to any of them. The buses might not be the exact transportation to the place we were heading to. Speaking of that, Kim had not yet tell me where we were about to visit. She kept saying that I’ll know soon and it somehow irritated me. Five minutes of standing there, a group of English teenage girls came to approach Kim, completely ignoring me who stood by her side. They looked like local girls and not to mention drop dead gorgeous too.

 

            “Hi.” The blonde girl made her first move while the other stood around her. Her cheeks grew redder as she smiled flirtatiously to Kim. What’s wrong with her?

 

            “Hi.” Kim greeted her back and I frowned.

 

            “My friends and I have been watching you awhile ago.” The girl spoke. I could have sworn that my eyes were about to pop out of its socket to hear that. They were stalking Kim? Stalking Kim when obviously Kim was all the time with me?! That’s so improper.

 

            “And we thought you look like a Korean Idol.” The girl flushed even more. I felt my inner self laughing. Kimhan Jittaleela looked like a Korean Idol? No way! She’s this ugly tom who was such a dork. They don’t know how hideous it could be when Kim smirked. Kimhan Jittaleela was way too far to reach an idol status.

 

            “Well pardon me ladies but I’m not a Korean idol.” Kim said, rubbing the back of her head like a shy boy who was in his first move to his favourite girl. “I’m just a mere architect back in my homeland, Thailand but sometimes I do modelling. My name is Kimhan Jittaleela.” Kim said and I saw the girls gasped. They exchanged their gazes to each other before they turned to look at Kim again. I couldn’t register of what was really happening but the girls suddenly screamed like a crazy fan girls. Everybody started to shift their attention to us. These girls brought us to shame.

 

Kim averted her eyes to me as if I could give her an explanation on why the girls behaved that way. I shook my head, not knowing what was happening. After awhile, their screaming came to a halt. This time a brunette girl came to reach for Kim’s hands.

 

            “You’re the famous model people have been talking about.” She beamed.

 

            “Me?” Kim pointed to herself. She glanced to me in disbelief and so did I. We exchanged our startled look but then it snapped in split seconds when one of them drew Kim away from me. Where did she think she’s taking my Kim? Wait, MY Kim? Correct that – just Kim.

 

            “Yes. You appeared in the magazine. They picked up random models around the world once a month and you’d appear for the last month’s issue.” The girl told her with all her admiration. I kept my eyes to the girl’s hands. She pissed me off when she kept on holding Kim. Drop that hand already. No need to touch Kim here and there.

 

            “I see.” Kim rubbed her neck again, in that silly gesture of a lover sick girl.

 

            “Can we have some pictures with you?” The other girl stepped forward, ready with her phone. What it could possibly be? A selfie of course! She came closer to Kim and I swore I’d see Kim pulled her by the waist. They stood almost at the same height and the girl’s cheeks touched hers perfectly! Then the other girls took her opportunity until all of them were done. I tapped on my foot impatiently. A few buses have changed and we wasted our time here for these sick fan girls.

 

Each of them went to look for their picture, checking if it was all fine. After somewhat I thought it was over, suddenly one with the red hair suggested that they took a group picture. Her green eyes met mine. She smiled to me but I was not interested to return one. “Hi, there.” She waved her hand to me. “Could you please help us for some shoots?” She requested. Oh my Lord, oh my God. Please spare me some more patient before I’d burst out to these people. I glared at Kim and the tom fidgeting on her feet. She knew what it meant; she’s so dead.

 

            “Sure.” I stepped forward and took the phone from the girl. Kim stood in the middle and the girls surrounded her. Again, it irritated me when Kim held the girls at her sides by the waist or perhaps on the ? ert! I should have known that since the beginning. I took some snaps of their picture before handed it back to the owner. The red hair girl thanked me for my help and I just nodded my head uninterestedly.

 

            “So, what are you doing here?” The brunette one asked to Kim. I thought they were going to part already.

 

            “I’m having a vacation.” Kim said. “With my fiancée.” She averted her eyes to me and the girls traced it. There was somewhat a disappointed look on their face and I could have smiled my victory. There you go es. Your so called Korean idol was taken.

 

            “Oh.” The girl’s mou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter