Back to Basic

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pie’s POV

            “Pie, I know it might be difficult for us but I will let you go. Let’s us just put an end here.” Kim said to me without any single sense of guilt in her voice. I stared at her face for the longest second. She was staring back at me; fidgeting on her own feet.

 

            “You’re free now.” Kim added and I felt my blood temperature elevated. I walked briskly to her direction – Kim stood still, looking conflicted herself.

 

            “Are you alright with it?” She asked me when I stood right in front of her with a comfortable distance between us. What did she expect me to answer her? Her senseless saying made me saw red.

 

            “Pie...” She called me again but all she got as my response was a hard slap on her left cheek. I felt my right palm burning – the stinging pain spread all over my entire form and just imagined how Kim felt on the other side. She held her face with her hand while gazing at me in startle.

 

            “I knew it. I shouldn’t believe you!” I shouted on her face. Kim tried to get me but I stepped backward hastily. My eyes started to lose their held of a clear vision – yet I realized I was nearly broke into tears.

 

            “Pie, I do this for you.” Kim told me. I shook my head – indignant with the insensate excuse she gave. Kim was selfish. She fooled me and I was such an idiot for believing her. She wanted a breakup and she lied to me that we would make everything work together.

 

            “You’re a liar!” I shouted again. Resentment filled every fracture of my heart. The hatred grew stronger each time I looked at Kim. It was just too painful to learn the truth; I should have known that love is not as wonderful as people always believe it could be. It was just a nasty and ruthless feeling which could destroy many lives and souls. I have learned about it since I was young; love was anything but a betrayal of the trust.

 

            “Pie...” Kim arranged a long stride to me and the only thing I knew I didn’t want her to touch me. I turned around quickly – I needed to escape from her. I don’t think I could handle this heart break – not when I have trusted my heart to her and she wasted it for nothing. I was just about to manage my step when suddenly my feet tripped over something I couldn’t see what the object was. I lost my balance and my face hit the ground with a sickening thud.

 

I gasped loudly and my eyes fluttered open at any instant. My heart pounding uncontrollably as if I had spent a long mile of running and what came to worst, I was panting in difficulties desperate to inhale the air to my suffocated lungs. The surrounding was dark, contrasting the scene where I used to have a heart breaking talk with Kim; we broke up. The sudden realization dawned on me – it was impossible that I was transported to a different place in a short instant. My eyes found an object from a distant and I focused my gaze to it. I saw the dream catcher which I gave her a few weeks ago swayed gently at the corner of bed pole. I was in a bedroom – Kim’s bedroom! I d for Kim. To my horror the space on my right side was empty. Panic struck me; what has happened?

 

 Out of nowhere, I heard the clicking sound of the switch. Someone just switched off the bathroom’s light. Kim emerged from the door awhile later. She didn’t aware that I was looking at her. Kim went to her wardrobe and picked up her formal attire; a grey suit and also a matching pant. When she turned around to go somewhere, her eyes met mine.

 

            “You’re awake.” She said, walking to my direction. My hands spontaneously curled into fists – the sudden feel of rage and hatred enveloped me.

 

            “Why are you frowning, Pie?” Kim took her seat at the edge of the bed so close to me. She reached out her hand and fondled my cheek gently. The look in her eyes was a genuine expression of affection. How she managed to be that innocent when she just broke my heart.

 

I pushed away her hand harshly and saw Kim startled to her utmost disbelief. “Didn’t we break up already?” I spat and it invited a horror expression from Kim.

 

            “Ow, is that how a good morning wish supposed to sound?” Kim rubbed her head in conflict. “I presume your hormonal imbalance is getting worse.” Kim shook her head. I watched her as she rose from the bed and continued to dress up. Why didn’t she bother that much with it? And how she could act that innocent in front of me after the mess she made?

 

            “Don’t leave me hanging. Explain!” I demanded.

 

Kim glanced over her shoulder and shrugged at me. “First, we are back to Thailand.” Kim told me. She walked to the other spot of the wardrobe and reached for her neck tie. “Secondly, you might suffer from jetlag again and it was somehow affecting your brain and last but not least, I think you are having a nightmare where it happened in the dream that we breakup.” Kim stifled a laugh. Wait, could she reverse the last reasoning? I was having a nightmare?

 

            “I have never said anything that will lead us to a breakup, Pie.” Kim sighed. “Do you need a hug to make you feel better?” She asked me. Should she really ask me for that? I nodded my head at her.

 

Kim came to me again and settled down to a comfortable position in between us. I fitted myself into her embrace and she gave me the comfort I needed. “You’re thinking too much nonsense, Pie.” Kim whispered softly as she patted my back. I dunk my face deeper to her chest, inhaling the citrus scent of hers. It calmed me in a very strange way; the tense in me loosened a bit.

 

            “I had a bad dream. You were letting me go and I dislike the idea.” I told her.

 

“Is that so?” Kim asked. I felt her body began to shaking. She was trying to stifle her laugh but she failed when she let out a hearty chuckle.

 

            “It wasn’t hilarious, Kim. It felt so real.” I scowled.

 

            “I will never let you go, Pie.” Kim assured it to me. “However, I need to go now.” Kim said. I dodged away from her with a speed of a reflect action. What was she trying to say to me now? Am I still dreaming? This could be the worst nightmare ever.

 

            “I need to go to the office.” Kim said. I glanced to the digital clock on the nightstand. It showed 8.00 a.m. I averted my eyes to Kim – she raised her eyebrows to me, conveying that what I saw was indeed the exact time it supposed to be.

 

            “Please stay with me. I don’t feel well.” I pulled a long face. Couldn’t she wait? My whole body felt weak after the long hours of flight, I presumed Kim did feel the same.  Didn’t she need rest too?

 

            “You should have known that we are back because someone is demanding for my presence immediately.” Kim told me. The face of Mr. Jittaleela came to my vision. Recalling the way his piercing eyes met mine when we first met made me shudder without any reason.

 

            “I wish I could stay with you, Pie but I hope you understand me.” Kim said again. I supposed that Kim might have to endure the consequences for a week of escape to London. I couldn’t help her either. The question is what I could possibly do?

 

            “I’ll make your breakfast.” I went down from the bed in hurry.

 

            “It’s fine.” Kim stopped me. “You should get back to sleep.” She lifted me up and tucked me into the comforter again. “Don’t forget to take your medicine. I’ve prepared them all.” She shifted her eyes to the nightstand. I gazed to the same direction and saw the small kit on it.

 

            “Come back for lunch, alright?” I held her hand when she was about to go.

 

Kim nodded at me. “I can’t promise you that but I will call you.” Kim said. A week ago, she always stuck by my side but now, when we got back to our basic, the thought that she would part away from me made me feel sad. Kim was still there yet I felt lonely in her presence.

 

            “Be a good girl for me, could you?” Kim bent down and levelled her gaze to mine. What I could possibly do rather than nodded my yes? I nodded again at her just like an animate puppet doll.

 

I was aware that Kim was about to kiss me on my forehead. I took the opportunity to switch how it could possibly be. In one swift movement, I grabbed her face, led her head down to mine and crushed my lips to hers. Kim gasped in startle but then I felt she smiled against my lips. It wasn’t only me who enjoy this, this ert tom was so glad to have it. Don’t you think so?

 

            “Ugh, I might change my mind now but... I just can’t do it.” Kim groaned as soon as our lips parted. I sighed in contentment. I was just too irresistible, she should have known that.

 

            “You should go.” I hid my mischievous smile. “I’m not going to entertain you in the bed for the whole day.” Kim’s jaw dropped upon hearing my statement. Let’s say that she didn’t expect me to utter such thing to her. My ual humour did work.

 

            “I’ll call you later. Take care.” Kim straightened her posture straight away.

 

            “I’m going to miss you.” I told her. Kim ruffled my hair and walked away the second later. The moment she gone from my sight, I began to realize that my life wouldn’t be the same without her.

 

            ************************************************************************

 

When I woke up again, it was nearly noontide. I grabbed my cell phone on the nightstand but accidently knocked down the small medicine kit to the floor. I didn’t bother to check whether the kit was broken or the content spread all over or what not. I peeked up to my cell phone, hoping that there was at least a message of concern from Kim. Once I got to unlock it, it came to my disappointment that I found nothing on the screen. However, the wallpaper managed to cheer me up a second later. It was the picture of Kim and me when we spent our time near the lake at the caravan site. Lilith took it secretly and sent it to us when we were about to leave the other day.

 

            I glanced at the clock just to find that it was near to lunch time. God! How could I forget to cook our lunch? Kim will come home soon and I haven’t prepared anything yet. I rushed to clean myself and went down to the kitchen. I checked for the ingredients in the fridge and was too shock to figure out it was nearly empty. I stood there in conflict while trying to think the meal which I could possibly cook with a few of the ingredients left. Eggs, bacon, salad, pasta, naan bread, chicken... perhaps I could make something from them. At last, I decided to search some online recipes and ended up with a few of brilliant yet simple idea for the lunch.

 

I served the prepared lunch on the table. All I needed to do was waiting for Kim to return. Then, it dawned on me Kim didn’t call me as she promised this morning. I wondered if she was so occupied with her work. Without a second thought, I delivered a message to her, asking whether she would come back for lunch. An instant later, my cell phone rang loudly. Kim’s image appeared on the screen, indicating the caller. I picked it up gladly and heard Kim’s voice at the end of the line.

 

            “Hello Pie?” She said.

 

            “Kim.”

 

            “I’m sorry. I don’t think I manage to come home for lunch.” She told me apologetically. I averted my sigh to the meal which I have cooked for her. Who’s going to eat all of them?

 

            “Have you eaten your lunch?” Kim asked me – guilty. I shook my head but then I realized she couldn’t see my gesture.

 

            “Not yet.” I told her truthfully. I was starving to death and all I wish was to at least we could eat our lunch together. After somewhat hearing that she couldn’t make it, I lost my appetite already.

 

            “Well, you should eat now and don’t forget to take your pills. Are you alright?” Kim sounded concern.

 

            “I’m fine. Don’t forget to have your lunch too. I’ll see you later.” It was me who ended the call. I threw the cell phone and let it slid on the table. Again, I took a look to the meals on the dining table. Pasta salad and chicken wraps. I made a huge effort to prepare them for Kim and she just informed me that she wouldn’t come back.

 

            “I hate you Kimhan.” I murmured to the empty air. How many times did I tell that I hate her?

 

The sudden comprehension struck me. How long I spent my time, being immature in this adult hood life? We promised to make this relationship works and it was me who needed to do a lot of changes – to myself and also to my attitude. If Kim couldn’t get back for lunch why don’t I go and meet her instead. She was wrapped in her works and I got a lot of free time. It was nothing wrong to visit your ‘fiancée’ at her office right?

 

I rose up from the chair and get the containers to pack the food. I’m going to take them to Kim so that we could have our lunch together. I wanted her to know that she was important to me though I didn’t have the courage to tell her that I love her. Kim said, actions speak louder than words, right? So, let’s make the actions speak themselves.

 

I don’t have my specific chauffeur because it was Kim who being my driver all the time. I need to meet Kim and I guessed I have to take the cab. It wasn’t that difficult really, one of the guards who manned our house had called one for me. Mr. Jittaleela was very concern about our safety after somewhat Mike barged in a few weeks ago. He kept our housing area under a tight security right after the incident. I imagined myself as a princess in a crystal castle. Sometimes, it was just too disturbing when every movement of ours were restricted.

 

            “Miss. Pie, shall I come along with you? Your safety is our first priority. It was the instruction from Mr. Jittaleela.” The man with the black shades asked me politely. Actually, all of them looked almost the same to me. Tall and strong men who dressed in black suit with their eyes covered with the dark shades. They must come from a private agent. I saw that they were equipped with a few instruments with them. A small Bluetooth earpiece on either side of their ears, though I couldn’t see it, I knew there were hidden gun somewhere inside their jacket. They looked like a team of spies.

 

            “It’s alright.” I waved my hand, not wanting anyone inside the cab but me. Though I couldn’t see his real expression, I realized he was afraid that he might be discharged from his work because his failure to comply the order. “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” I assured it to him. “And I would guarantee that you wouldn’t lose your job.” I added and saw he startled momentarily. A smile appeared on his face right after he recovered.

 

            “Here, Miss. Pie.” He handed a small kind of wrist watch to me. I scrutinized it carefully. What was it for?

 

            “If something threatening happens, push the red button and it will directly alerted us.” The man explained to me. I took a look at the object again. There were three different buttons on it – all with different colours. The red button one located at the end of the row after the green and blue coloured one. What would happen if I push another button instead of the instructed red? Here we go, did I really need this spy equipment just to go out from the house and reach to Kim’s office? This sounded ridiculous.

 

            “Well, thank you.” I smiled at him. “I think I should move now. You’re wasting my time.” I pushed the automatic button and the window started to close, blocking the man in suit from talking to me.

 

            “Mister Driver, we can go now.” I spoke up and with a slight nod from the driver; the vehicle began to hit the road with its medium speed. This would be a surprise to Kim. She must have not expected that I would come to her today. What a sweet Pie!

 

 

 

            ********************************************************************************

 

The familiar figure of the woman caught my attention from a distant. Just like she could feel the presence of a foreigner inside the building, her eyes landed to me as if they were created for an automatic detector. She narrowed her eyes, making sure that her sight was telling the truth as her brain has depicted it for her and an instant later, she made her way to me in haste.

 

            “Good day, Ms. Pie, may I help you?” Jane greeted me with her so – called friendly yet professional gesture. Even though, she approached me nicely but her body language was implying the opposite nature. She disliked me and I knew it from the start.

 

            “I’m very well fine.” I said to her. “And to answer you, I would like to see Kimhan. Is she there?” I pointed to a room on my right side. The door was tightly close that I doubt Kim was inside. She might not be around.

 

Jane rolled her eyes at me while muttering something I heard as “You spent the whole week with her, wasn’t that enough for you?”

 

            “Ms. Kimhan is here. You might enter the room as you wish for.” Jane told me while chewing the bottom of her lip – growing green each time she gazed at me. I thought it was clear that I’m the fiancée to Kimhan Jittaleela. That’s mean Kim was taken already. It’s as simple as that.

 

            “By the way Jane, I bought something for you.” I searched for the souvenir inside the huge paper bag I took with me and handed it to her instantly. Jane seemed surprise as she took it from me. Gradually, her face broke into a sincere smile. She looked cute herself when she flushed. Who wouldn’t get excited when they received a free gift from the over sea?

 

            “This is for me?” Jane asked to me, disbelief with her own sight.

 

            “Sure. Thank you for arranging the vacation for us.” I patted her shoulder and walked to Kim’s room straight forward. I glanced over my shoulder as I were about to enter the room. Jane was still standing at the exact spot where she met me earlier. I hope she loved the gift. It wasn’t nothing much – just a nice shirt from London.

 

I knocked the door twice before I turned the knob and stepped into the room. Kim wasn’t seated at her desk but I saw her at the couch with a woman. That woman was the one who took in charge to see who has come to the room and disturbed them. I didn’t mind if the woman was someone else but my clear state mind couldn’t deny that the woman was exactly Fern.

 

            “Pie?” She uttered my name. Kim looked up and seemed to be surprise to see my presence there.

 

            “I’m sorry if I did disturb you.” I spoke to Kim. There’s no need to apologize to that woman. I would just presume she didn’t exist there.

 

            “Good that you know.” Fern interrupted. I glared at her before returning my gaze to Kim. Calm down Pie. Please stop being immature and tried to think rationally. First, remember that their parents are related in business partner and Fern might be here to discuss one with Kim. It was strongly supported with the sight of a pile of documents and a huge plan on the table right in front of them. Secondly, Kim didn’t manage to come home for lunch not because she wanted to spend some time with Fern but she just couldn’t make it because her work was more important than a meal in the midday.

 

            “No, you didn’t Pie.” Kim rose from her seat and walked briskly to my direction. “What takes you here?” She asked me while scanning my figure from the head to the toe.

 

            “I brought the lunch.” I showed her the paper bag. “Let’s eat together?”

 

            “Hello, Kim. Don’t forget that I haven’t eaten my lunch too.” Fern interrupted. This woman, I could kill her by now. Why she was being noisy?

 

Kim turned around to look at her but it was me who began to speak. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know that we have an extra guest today. I only packed it for two.” I told her.

 

Instead of seeing a frustrated expression on her wicked face, she smirked at me shortly before she spoke, “It’s alright, Pie. I can share it with K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter