Pie oh Pie

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pie’s POV

I wasn’t really sure what has  happened  today. Kim came home earlier this afternoon just to check on me and I guessed without her expectation, Fern came to look for her at our home. I could feel that Kim and Fern had something in the past. Something that was serious. Talking about this matter, Kim didn’t return to her office neither come out from her room after Fern left. She shut herself all day long and left me wondering. I’m too sick to check on her besides I feared that she was not in her good mood. At the end, I just decided to take a rest in my room too. Damn this period pain. It tortured me that much. Without my realization, I felt asleep for hours and just came back to my reality world when Kim awoke me from my deep slumber for a dinner. She cook for us today. During the meal, we didn’t talk that much either. Kim just munching her food so calmly and whenever I stole a glance to her, I saw Kim sighed silently. Even if she seemed to enjoy her dinner, I knew deep inside she was thinking about something. That something was indeed bothersome to her.

 

As usual, I took my role to clean up the table. When I reached out my hand to collect her plate, Kim stopped my hands  by holding them gently.

 

“I’ll do this for today. You can go back to your room and rest.” Kim said and instantly collect the dirty plates and used silverwears from the table. She didn’t seem to complain that much about it and you know what? It made me worried. Kim was so weird. This is not Kim I used to know.

 

“Are you sure?” I walked to her side. She already put on an apron, getting ready to wash the dishes.

 

“Do I look like I was trying to play here?” Kim raised her brow to me as if she was trying to scold me at any instant. The fear enveloped me. It wasn’t really a good idea when Kim started to boil up.

 

“Thank you.” I ran my gaze from her. Kim was indeed not in her good mood. Is it still because of Fern?

 

I left the kitchen but didn’t go straight to my room. Stopping by the spacious living room, I threw myself to the cosy couch. If I were about to compare it with my sofa at home. It was indeed far more better that what I had back at home. Wandering my eyes to the luxurious furniture around the space, I was so fortunate to enjoy this view for a these few months. Never did I think I would have an oppurtinity to step my feet at this such good place. I could say that my dream has came true even though I did realize that it won’t last long.

 

            “Kim.” I found myself whispering the name in between my thought. What the hell with me?

 

Disturbed by the thought, I stirred myself around the cosy couch. I grabbed the plush cushion and burried my face into it. I want to scream out of my lungs but I, myself didn’t even know what is the purpose of doing so. I was stressed out for no reason? There must be a reason.

 

            “I shouldn’t care about this, but I really want to know what was really happening between Kim and Fern.” My inner thought said.

 

            “Haish Pie! You don’t need to know!” I knocked my own head. I was being too nosy nowadays. Why should I being too concern about Kim? Of course I need to but don’t need to be that much. I need Kim to fulfill my dream. If something happens in between our agreement, I will loss a lot.

 

 

            ***********************************************************************************

 

Kim’s POV

 

I swear I don’t wish to do all of this stuff. It supposed to Pie’s task but I am still a human with heart. She wasn’t that well right? I think it was no wrong to give in for just a day with an intention to lessen her burden? I could tell that she wasn’t that well even though she had been sleeping all day long. Well that was what I did figure out when I entered her room this evening. She was deep in her sleep. Let me tell you something. I just noticed that Pie had a habit of cocooning herself in her thick duvet. Her petite frame was nearly can’t be seen when she did that. It was like she sunk into the bed completely. I found it’s cute. That’s it.

 

            Lucky me that the only people live in this house were me and Pie. There’s nothing much to be handle. I just need to wash the dishes, clean the cabinet and what was necessary. I am a hygienic freak. Surely everything needs to be clean and I was so glad that Pie could do her task successfully. I don’t even tell her on how much clean I wanted this house should be but she already did it well. Good job Pie! Done with the kitchen, I decided to chillin’ somewhere around our house. We have a quite huge swimming pool at the other wing of the bungalow. I don’t know whether Pie had figured it out but I guessed she has.

 

            Arranging my steps to the targeted spot, I saw Pie laid herself on the couch of our living room. What was she doing there? She covered her face with the small cushion and she jerked her legs furiously as if she was trying to swim or perhaps struggling to save herself  from drowning? Oh Lord! Why you brought me to meet this weird and silly girl? Sometime her acts were so childish that I can’t even understand how to cope with it. Somehow, she acted like a grown up lady with wise thought and judgement. Seriously, it puzzled me  a lot. She complained to me that I have a bipolar disorder. Silly! I am not. Shouldn’t we say that Pie was the one who had bipolar disorder? Perhaps.

 

As I decided not to interrupt her ‘swimming’ session, I walked myself to the pool. The calm night breeze brushed through all over my skin made me shivered a bit with the coldness. I breathed deeply, trying to relax. Even though our bungalow was located almost in the middle of this hectic city, the perfect  landscape that Papa had chose for the house turned the supposed uncomfortable surrounding to be a cozy one. It’s just sometimes we still can hear those honking sound of the cars and trucks but it’s fine. We used to it already. Staring to spacious swimming pool, it had never been touched. No one has ever use it previously. This bungalow was just fully built  when I were about to move in here with Pie. Papa asked his workers to speed up the progress as soon as possible after long years of being left stranded. He was so serious when he ordered Pie and me to live together.  I took a spot at the edge of the pool. Slowly as not to make my brain shock with the sudden coldness, I lowered my legs gently into the water. Brrr.. It’s indeed so cold yet refreshing. I wish

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter