London; Day 3

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim’s POV

I’m honestly didn’t know how I could possibly be this head over heels with Pie. If I’d ever say that our first encounter was a disaster to me, I could possibly say that I don’t care about it anymore. From day to day I started to become greedy and selfish. I wanted to make her mine; all for me and one thing I wished it could happen was to make her stay. It still warmed me whenever I recalled yesterday’s chain of event. Put away the incident at the Big Ben, what I meant was the time when Pie happened to kiss me. It was such a huge surprised that Pie was the one who made the move and you don’t know how wonderful it was to be kissed by the girl I loved the most. Did I ever tell you that she’s a great kisser?

Today we’d continue our tour around this British land; around the Camden Town. Pie was very excited when she figured out that she could do a lot of shopping here and guessed what? I was the one who suffered.

 

            “Pie, do you know that we are going somewhere right after this? This Camden Market is not the only destination for today.” I reminded Pie as she chose the clothes in the line. We have been here in one of the stores for almost half an hour and it seemed like we’re not going to get out of here for the next thirty minutes or more.

 

Pie took a look at me before she shifted her eyes to the clothes again. “I know.” She said, as simple as that.

 

            “I thought you’ve got everything you need?” I stepped a bit closer to her and showed her the shopping bags in my hands. She bought the skirts, shirts and so many other stuffs which she thought she couldn’t get in Thailand. They ranged from various types and brands. I just couldn’t argue more with her when she wished to have them. My sweetheart is a gold digger and I, Kimhan Jittaleela have to accept it with all my heart and willingness.

 

            “You’re being stingy with me again.” Pie scowled. “I thought I ought to be treated as your wife.” Pie continued and you could say that I was totally defeated. Pie has been using the same excuse since we first arrived here. I could do nothing when Pie kept mentioning about the ‘wife’ thingy. Look who was trapped right now? It’s Kim the loser.

 

            “No! I’m not saying that.” I shook my head immediately. I was and still trying to fulfil Pie’s wishes but... YOU DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH SHE SPENT JUST FOR THIS MORNING.

 

            “Go on.” I found myself saying. Pie smiled widely upon hearing the ‘green light’ I gave her. “Just please hurry up. We need to move.” I reminded her again.

 

Pie glanced at me for the second time. “I need to buy something for my sister, Aunty Inn, Yam and also P’Boy.”She said. “Why don’t you help me to pick one for each of them?” She cocked her head to the left, prompting me to give some opinion.

 

            “There’s no point for me to suggest it to you. You end up buying those you like.” I shrugged and it made Pie glared at me.

 

It didn’t make me shudder at all. Instead, I continued to speak my words to her. “We can always drop anywhere around London and buy some souvenirs for them. We got an ample time to do that. Besides, who’s going to carry those additional stuffs if you’re about to buy them right here right now?” I spoke to the most gentle tone I could ever utter. I don’t want it to sound that hurtful to Pie. In fact I don’t have any heart to hurt her at all.

 

“You’re going to take care of the shopping bags for me right?” Pie pulled a long face.

 

I hate this. I really hate this. How could I say NO to my sweetheart? “Yes.” Again, I found myself saying even though it would later trouble me. Does anyone willing to lend their hands for help? I don’t think I can feel my fingers right now. They were getting numb.

 

In a split second, Pie’s face turned bright again. “That’s my Kimhan.” She giggled.

 

            “Yeah, anything for you Pie.” I said to her and saw she smiled back to me. Oh how I love that beautiful smile or perhaps the lips which curled up into a smile? They looked so soft and sweet.

 

            “Kim, I don’t find any interesting stuffs here. Can we look at another store?” Pie broke my reverie. There she was; telling me that we were about to move to the other stores. Well listen here everybody, perhaps we’re going to be here in this market for the whole day.

 

            *****************************************************************************

 

            “Kim, are you alright?” Pie came to my side and scrutinized my face briefly. She brought a hand to my face and gazed directly into my eyes. Have I ever told her that I love her dark coffee eyes? It felt like whenever I gazed into those eyes, I was being swallowed into a deep dark hole. No, it wasn’t scary at all. It took me to the other world where all I could see and hear was her.

 

            “You’re sweating a lot.” She said and at the same time, taking out a handkerchief from her purse. Without any words, she wiped off the trickling sweat on my forehead and all over my face. I knew it; she has and always cares about me. People said, actions speak louder than words and here she was, showing me how she actually concerned about me.

 

            “Shall we take some rest first?” She asked. Finally! I thought she didn’t know how to stop. I was freaking exhausted while she seemed to be endlessly energetic. Where did she get the strength to stroll all over this huge market for almost half of the day? It was such a shame on me because I did underestimate her short legs. They were mightier than they seemed.

 

            “Yes.” I nodded ardently. A short sigh escaped from lips. There are too many people here plus it was quite confusing with all loud music and voices of people bargained about the stuffs they were about to purchase. I wonder how Pie didn’t seem to get affected by it. She looked completely fine.

 

            “Oh I’m sorry.” Pie squeezed my cheeks playfully and then laughed after somewhat seeing my reaction. “Do you want some refreshment?” Pie queried and quickly averted my eyes to her in startled. Does it mean I will get a kiss? I felt warm all of sudden.

 

Before I could utter any words to her, Pie already reached out her hand to me. A loud sickening smack landed on my head. “Don’t give me that ert look!” Pie warned. “What did I mean was do you want to have a drink?” She rephrased her say.

 

            “Sure.” I stuttered, unsure of how to react to it. Am I being too erted and dirty minded that all I could think was kissing Pie? God! This was intense. I should probably control myself and the hormones.

 

            “Let’s have a seat there.” Pie pointed to the ingeniously converted scooters. It was kind of rare to see that people use them as the place where you could actually sit while having your meals but it was one of an intelligent attraction for tourist too.

 

            “Are you sure you can handle it?” I managed to grab Pie’s wrist before she went away.

 

Pie turned her head to my direction. “If I’d lost somewhere around here, wouldn’t you find and look after me?” She queried.

 

            “I will always find you.” I heard myself whispering. Pie nodded her head as if she heard me and just by a swift move, my grip slowly slipped away from her wrist.

 

*******

 

I grew anxious with every ticking second that passed. It has been 15 minutes since Pie left and I had several times cursed myself for letting her go on her own. I shouldn’t do that. I should never agree with it either. Damn you Kim. What was with the ‘I will always find you?’ Do you think it was a fairytale play where a Prince Charming convinced his Princess that he will find a way to reach his lover? This is reality. Could you bear it if Pie went missing or being kidnap? Shoo away that thought! It was impossible if Pie got kidnapped.

           

            “Where are you Pie?” I squirmed in my own seat, wandering my eyes around to spot her petite figure. To my disappointment, I found none.

 

Suddenly, someone tapped on my shoulder from the back. I quickly brought my attention to it but when I got to turn around, no one was there. Perhaps it was just my feeling. Didn’t suspect anything much, I turned to look forward again and...

 

            “Booo!” A masked figure appeared in front of me without any warning. I gasped loudly before I’d stumbled on my feet.

 

The one with an ancient mask came to help me in hurry. I’d put an effort to push the spooky figure away but then, my ears caught the familiar voice.

 

            “Kim, I’m sorry.” She said and helped me with the bags that fall on the ground. “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

 

            “Pie, where have you been? And where did you get that?” I pointed to the ugly mask that she wore. Pie giggled softly before putting off the mask from her face.

 

            “I went to buy our drinks.” She one of the cups to me. “And to answer your question, I’d helped a group of student with somewhat a short questionnaire and they give me this.” She said and brushed her gaze to the wooden mask interestedly. My jaw fell helplessly. I was worried sick thinking that she might lost in the crowd or the place while she casually told me she’d enjoyed answering the questionnaire. I can’t believe this.

 

            “Is that why you took so long?” I managed a deadpan expression as I sipped the cold drink Pie bought for me. It’s an apple juice. She knew me well.

 

            “Yes.” Pie nodded without shifting her attention from the wooden mask. It looked terribly hideous. I wonder why Pie liked it so much when she could look at my perfect handsome face all the time.
 

            “Oh, do you want to wear it Kim? It’s bigger for me but I think it would suit you well.” Pie said to me with a naughty grin. No and BIG NO. I knew that face. She has a plan in her mind and it was all to make me look silly.

 

            “Keep it here in the bag and let’s move.” I said to her more to a command. Pie shook her head immediately, refusing the order I made. There she came, the childish Pie after all. It was always pointless to argue with the ‘childish’ Pie. God, how could I possibly fall in love with this silly girl?

 

Pie made a move to get my head. She was all ready with the mask in her hand. “Pie, I’m not going to wear it.” I held her hands so that she could stop. She shook her head again.

 

            “Please...” She pleaded with those cute pouting and blinking her eyes. Sorry Pie. I won’t fall into the trap.

 

            “No.” I said my final blow.

 

            “Please...” She requested again.

 

            “If you’re not going to keep the mask in the bag, I’ll kiss you.” I hope my treat was working. She won’t like it if I were about to kiss her in public. I would manage to control her.

 

            “Kiss me.” Unexpectedly, she was too daring and I was the one who’s shaking. Gosh this girl. She’s giving me a hard time. My heart started to race crazily while my hormones were ridiculously out of control. If we were not in this open public, I would probably kiss her until she was breathless.

 

            “Gotcha!” Pie managed to put the mask perfectly on my face. “Now I don’t want to kiss this ugly creature.” She laughed and to its perfecting timing, a breeze brushed past, teasing the thin strands of her shoulder – length brunette hair making it sway in synchronise with her laughter. This breath taking view always captured my heart while her laughter was the finest music I have ever heard. How heaven it was to have this angel around.

 

            “What do you call me now rather than an ugly Frog Prince?” I muttered behind the mask.

 

Pie mused for awhile before she spoke to me. “You’re my Kimhan.”

 

            “Hey am I always that ugly to you?” She couldn’t see my frown of course. Pie laughed even more upon hearing my reaction.

 

            “Apparently, yes.” She nodded. “However, you don’t have to worry. This Princess won’t be afraid of you. She has witnessed both good and bad sides of the beast yet she still stick by the beast’s side up until now.” Pie did know how to make my heart flutter even though she was referring me as a beast. Lucky I the mask was still covering my face. She couldn’t see my red face because I could feel that I was flushing.

 

            “Are you satisfied now?” I asked, wanting to remove the wooden mask from my face.

 

            “Yes. Let’s go.” Pie said and spun on her heels, leaving me behind as she arranged her steps. I thought she was going to help me with these bags and stuffs but looking to the current situation, it was impossible.

 

            *************************************************************************

We’d argued about the next destination of our visit. I’d like to take Pie somewhere else but she saw that we were not that far from the ZSL London Zoo. Just so you know I hate zoo. What do they have in the zoo rather than those animals? It’s pretty boring. However, as you always know, I don’t have the heart to say NO to my sweetheart. Why can’t I just say no to Pie for this wish of hers? I hate zoo. What if we try it?

 

            “Pie, we’re not going to the zoo.” I said to her. Pie glared at me, crossing her arms in front of her chest at any instance.

 

We kept the gazing battle for a few seconds before she spoke to me, “I hate you!” Pie stomped on her feet and walked away. I stood there dumbfounded with her sudden change. Where did I find this moody girl anyway?

 

            “Pie...” I called out as I quickened my pace to her direction. Pie arranged a long stride that she left me behind for a quite long distance.

 

            “Don’t come near me. I hate you.” She said loudly. Her acts started to draw people’s attention. With the Juliet running away from the Romeo for a great distance, they looked at us as if we were filming for a film.

 

            “Pie, stop on your track and listen to me.” I told her but she seemed to ignore me totally.

 

            “If you’re not going to take me to the zoo, I’ll just go back to the hotel.” She said. Look how childish Pie could be. She’s being sulky again.

 

            “Alright, fine. We will go to the zoo.” I’d surrender. I thought it could change her mind and enlightened her mood but it turned to oppose my expectation. Pie darted down the street and it alerted me that she was going to get transportation; she was serious about going back to the hotel.

 

            “Pie, where are you going?” I hastened my steps. I doubt if anyone could love Pie the way I do. This girl is infinitely difficult to handle.

 

At last, I managed to hold Pie by her wrist. She tried to dodge away but I drew her into my arms. She was catching her breath so did I. “Let me go.” Pie groaned, moving her body in my caged arms.

 

            “Let’s go to the zoo as you wish.” I assured it to her and groaned inside. I don’t like zoo even since I was a kid. I just hate it but anything for Pie, I have to give in.

 

            “You’d killed my mood. I don’t want to go there. Just let me go back to the hotel.” She said, stubborn. Well, I doubt that she really wanted to head the hotel. Was she going to stay in the bed for the whole day? It will kill her to boredom.

 

            “Are you sure? Don’t you want to see the penguins? The show is about to start.” I told her. Pie hurriedly looked at me but I did pretend that I was estimating the time left. She peeked up to my wristwatch but I hid it from her. A soft groan escaped from her lips.

 

            “Do they really have penguins there? Where did you know that?” Pie queried curiously though the sulky expression didn’t leave her face yet. I could probably smell my victory by now. The curious cat was out!

 

            “Well, I just knew it.” I shrugged casually. “This is Kimhan Jittaleela, remember?” Pie rolled her eyes at me, realizing that I was about to brag about me.

 

            “Can we reach the zoo before the show start?” Pie asked, fidgeting on her own feet.  Look, she wanted to go to the zoo right? It was she just too carried away with her emotion. One thing that everybody needs to know; girls are complicated, when they say no it somehow means ‘just get me there’ or ‘I really want it’.  In contrary, don’t simply believe it when a girl dared you to do the things she dislikes. It does mean that she was trying to warn you of not doing it. In other words; just please don’t do it.

 

I mused for awhile and Pie eyed me in anxious. I love that expression of hers when she was worried. Pie has always been adorable, don’t you agree?

           

            “Kim...” She grasped my arm because I did take too long to think about it.

 

            “We need to hurry.” I said to her. “But let’s just get our stuffs handled first. I’ll call someone to take them.”

 

            *************************************************************************

 

When we reached the zoo or exactly where Pie could see the penguins. The show was about to start. The audiences who were mostly children and their parents have gathered around the huge pool waiting for the animal in action to appear.  It’s a live penguin beach show. Soon enough, the little penguins showed up with their trainers. The people broke into a loud applause. My sweetheart next to me was very excited too. You got to see how she jumped up and down upon seeing her little friends around the pool. Pie loves animals. I do remember that. How could I forget it when she asked to pet jellyfish and dolphin in our pool at home? She was a silly girl but that doesn’t change the fact that I’m in love with her.

 

            “Kim, they are so cute.” Pie told me. Her face was red in excitement. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter