The Bridesmaid

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 42   :           Bridesmaid

Pie Mindara

            “What’s next?” I glanced to my gay manager, P’Boy. He pissed me off. He supposed to help me but it seemed like he has been flirting with the male crews most of the time.

 

            “All done for today Pie. You may go home and make love to your lover straight away.” He said without missing a beat while browsing the tentative in his tablet. I ignored him for the part of the ‘making love’. He’s gross.

 

“Thank God. I’m so exhausted.” I heaved a relief breath. Being a model isn’t as easy as it seemed. I’m physically and mentally drained for today’s photo shoot session.

 

            “Hey, are you complaining?” P’Boy slapped my forehead, making me jumped in startle. “It’s just the beginning, got it? You are going to go through a lot more in the future.” He gazed at me with a scolding look.

 

            “Couldn’t you be gentler with me?” I scowled. “You can treat the male crews nicely but not to me? You’re so mean. I would ask Mario to find me a new manager.” P’Boy’s eyes widen upon hearing me.

 

            “There you go; threatening me over and over.” He sighed and shook his head. “I’ll drive you home and we need to hurry. I have a date to go.” He started to arrange my belongings. He should have known that I was just teasing him but today he seemed to take it seriously.

 

            “It’s alright P’Boy. Kim will fetch me.” I told him.

 

His head snapped to my direction at any instant. “We are going to get the clothes for Fern’s wedding.” I told him before he could even ask. It’s true. This week has been quite hectic because I have to manage my time between my career and helping Fern with her wedding’s preparation. She wanted me to be her bridesmaid together with Tavee, Yam and Jane.

            “Do you want me to stay with you until Kim is here?” He queried as he handed me my handbag. God knows how I love this man. He has always been caring and concern about me.

 

            “It’s fine. You should hurry up. Don’t you tell me that you have a date tonight? What are you planning to do?” I nudged him on his ribs playfully.

 

P’Boy laughed and slapped my arm with his girlish manner. “I was just kidding you know. I don’t get any catch today.” He chuckled.

 

            “I’m serious P. Kim will be here in minutes. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” I assured it to him. With a slight nod from him, he waved me goodbye and headed to his car which he got from Mario. It’s the company’s vehicle.

 

            ********

I waited for Kim at the lobby. She supposed to fetch me at five but it’s already six now. I tried to call her; unfortunately my battery is dead. Great. If I ever knew it would turn out this way, I would surely ask P’Boy to accompany me. I hate waiting and it’s so uncomfortable when people looked at me as if I was a huge distraction here.

 

            “Hi…” A manly voice greeted me. Crap. I don’t feel like I want to talk to anybody right now.

 

            “Hi…” I turned around slowly and feigned a smile at him. He scared me with his ugly grin. Other than that, he looked fine.

 

            “I have been looking at you for awhile. What are you doing here alone?” He took the empty seat next to me. See Pie. He has been observing you. He’s creepy. Move; I said mentally.

 

            “I’m waiting for my fiancée.” I told him truthfully. He raised his brow, startled with my statement. Then the awkward moment began to fill the air as none of us talking.

 

            “Look, I got to go. It’s really nice to meet you Miss…?” He reached out his hand to me for a handshake and anticipating that I would tell my name to him.

 

            “Pie. Pie Mindara.” I returned his gesture.

 

            “It’s really nice to meet a beautiful lady like you Ms. Pie Mindara.” He smiled at me with a wide grin as if he just won a lottery. “Here’s my card. Hope to see you around some other time in the future.” He handed me a gold coloured card and left right after.

 

            “Pie Mindara Manaying, a new model in the fashion industry was caught being two timers by her fiancée.” A familiar voice snapped my attention. I twisted my body around just to find Kim was recording with her smart phone.

 

            “Kim…” I froze on my feet. She must have seen everything. “It’s not what you think. He came here and talk to me. I don’t…”

 

            “Enough.” She raised a finger and I knew it’s a cue for me to shut my mouth.

 

I grew anxious when she began to step closer to me. I couldn’t read her facial expression and I couldn’t tell what she felt. She looked indifferent. “Let’s go. I’m sorry I’m late.” She said, taking my hand in hers.

 

            “Where have you been?” I asked bewildered. I have the right to be mad at her but it vanished suddenly because her weird reaction. I thought she’s going to question me about the stranger.

 

            “There are some problems at work. Don’t bother with it.” She sighed. Kim took my handbag and we began to head to our car. I studied her face from the side. I wondered what she has gone through today. It must be difficult for her because she looked tired herself.

 

 

Being a gentlewoman as she has always been, Kim opened the door for me and let me in. Seconds later, she got in to the driver side.

 

            “How’s your photo shoot session today?” Kim queried, glancing at me for a brief second before she began to drive. It would be her very first question every day whenever we started talking.

 

            “Kim, do you think the flashes from the camera and all the lightings could make someone go blind?” I asked her instead of answering. It made Kim gazed at me with her perplexing look.

 

            “I don’t think so. I have never heard anything about it.” She shrugged. “Why?” She asked me, bewildered with such question.

 

            “Because I think my eyes hurt and there’s a high risk for me to get migraine if it constantly happened.” I complained to her. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Kim’s body started to shake. She was trying to stifle a laugh.

 

            “I’m serious, Kim. Don’t laugh at me.” I slapped her forehead. It wasn’t a joke at all. My head is aching.

 

            “You’ll get used to it and stop being dramatic here.” She reached her hand to my cheek and caressed my skin softly. I have always loved her touch. She made me feel loved.

 

            “Who’s the man that talked to you earlier?” She switched the topic out of sudden. “Do you know him?” She asked.

 

                “No. I don’t know him. He approached me out of nowhere.” I took out the card that he gave me. I read the name on it out loud so that Kim could hear it. He is Nadech Kugimiya.

 

            “Do you know him, Kim? He looks familiar.” I placed the name card back into my bag uninterestedly. I have nothing to do with him. Why should I care?

 

            “As much as I’m aware, everybody knows him.” Kim’s reply made me dumbfounded. What? Why I know nothing about him or it was me who being so ignorant?

 

            “Who is he?” I d for her arm causing Kim to startle a bit.

 

            “He’s an actor.” Kim removed my hand as if it’s too disturbing. “I thought you know almost all of the celebrities.” She shook her head, amused.

 

It took awhile for me to recall his facial feature and his figure again. Snap! Kim’s right. He’s an actor. “I missed the chance for a selfie with him or even get his autograph.” I took out the name card again. Only then I notice the written details on it. He’s surely an actor.

 

            “You’ll encounter with him in the future. Trust me.” Kim said casually.

 

            “How do you know?” I queried disbelief. Kim might just want to ease my feeling. It’s her nature.

 

            “I just know.” She smiled. “Look, we are here.” She pulled up the car to the parking site and the tailor’s shop came to my view. Fern has been using his service for the wedding dresses and what not. She even sponsored us for the bridesmaid’s dresses. Occupied with other preparation, she asked me and Kim to get the clothes.

 

            “Sometimes I just wonder who’s going to get married.” Kim muttered as we walked side by side and entered the shop. His shop wasn’t that big and looked luxurious but his talent is gold. The attires which hung on the showroom seemed like a magical garments from a fairy kingdom. It’s no wonder why Fern loved his creation.

 

            “Are you complaining?” I reached for her hand and squeezed it gently. Kim seemed to stress out a lot this week. Sometimes, I often heard her complaining about something I couldn’t understand.

 

            “It’s nothing. Let’s get the clothes and head home. I’m just tired.” She shook a head and feigned a smile at me. You don’t have to pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter