London; Day 1

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pie squeezed her eyes close for a second and brought back the sight to her view the second later. She found herself in a different world where everything looked completely bizarre to her; they have arrived to the ‘Far-Far Away Kingdom’. Pie threw her gaze to the people around the huge airport area. Some were just sitting leisurely on the benches; Kim told her those people might transit here temporarily. Soon enough she caught a small group of people welcoming those who just arrived at the arrival gate. They just couldn’t be happier to see their loved one. As they walked further, Pie saw a couple stood together at a great distance where they were hardly seen by the crowd. She could sense that the couple were consumed by a great sorrow judging from the heart fell scene which lay in her view. The man soothed his woman in a loving embrace and he was in tears too. Then it dawned on Pie that airport was a place where everything happened on this world is true. It has witnessed various sincere emotions which will never be seen in the other parts of the world. The kisses, the hugs, the hello and goodbye were a genuine expression people showed to others. People come and go but what matter the most is life goes on.

Averting her eyes to the person who has guided their walk since they arrived there, Pie locked her stare to Kim who was walking right beside her. They had the same steady pace; neither too slow nor too fast. Gazing to their entwined fingers, Kim held her hand securely in hers as if she was going to be lost if they were separated. Sometimes Pie thinks Kim treated like a little child but she knew the tom has always been a loving and caring person. An instant later, Kim caught her staring. The tom wagged her eyebrows in a funny sort of way and Pie let herself to soak in the silent humour which the tom set up for her. They never really talked to each other since they landed on the foreign land. Perhaps both of them were just too exhausted for the long hour journey.

 

The silence grew drier as they walk further across the airport. Pie had not yet seen the exit. Did it mean Kim couldn’t find one? “Kim, where are we going?” Pie queried, squeezing the latter hand gently for an attention.

 

“We are looking for our transport.” Kim answered without looking to the girl. Her eyes wandered around the area like a predator haunting for its prey. Pie traced the gaze and realized Kim was actually looking for signs.

 

“Shouldn’t we ask for help from people? They might know where to find the exit.” Pie suggested.

 

“No need. I found it.” Kim said and before Pie could see what the tom had seen, she was being dragged by the latter to their targeted direction.

 

“Here we are.” Kim said as they reached a place. Pie adjusted her eyes to the surrounding. There was a long line of vehicles queuing up along the path. Some of them were exclusive SUV while others were just public cabs. Pie knew it, among of those vehicles; their transportation might be waiting for them.

 

“Okay. Which one should we take?” Pie brushed her gaze to the minicabs and also the black taxis, waiting for Kim to decide.

 

“There he is.” Instead of answering, Kim dragged her to the other direction. Pie swore that her eyes almost popped out of its socket when Kim headed to a luxurious car which she didn’t know of what brand it is. The only thing Pie knew, Kim did hire a private chauffeur for it. Actually there’s nothing to be surprised with it - Kimhan Jittaleela got everything in this world.  

 

“Impressive.” Pie said as they walked to their transportation. A man who is about his thirty came to help them with their luggage.

 

“Well, anything for the comfort of my wife.” Kim said and opened the back passenger door for Pie. “After you.” The tom beckoned the girl to get into the girl first and Pie did.

 

Then the car got down the road with a steady speed. Pie threw her gaze outside the window, taking the opportunity to have a brief look at the foreign city. Kim told her that the city is in the summer mood but then, their summer wasn’t as the same as their weather back then in Thailand; only for someday it would reach 30°C but most of the days it would range around 18°C to 20°C which is considered to be cold to Pie - just as cold as her bedroom when she decided to lower the temperature of the air conditioner on a warm night.

 

            “How do you like London so far?” Kim asked, breaking her muse.

 

Pie shifted her gaze to the tom which was seated right next to her. Well, they are going to be stuck together for a week like that anyway. “I’m tired.” Pie complained before she brought her gaze back to the window.

 

            “We are not going anywhere today. We’ll check in to the hotel and rest.” Kim told her.

 

Pie didn’t aware of how long they had been on the road until the car finally pulled up in front of a huge and tall building. She peeked up to observe the architecture of the building. Somehow Pie felt she was brought back to the 19th century. The classical look of the building took her to the past while she was actually in the present time. It amazed her in every sort of way.

 

“Let’s go Pie?” Kim held out a hand to her. Pie took it gladly. “We are going to stay here.” Kim said as soon as they got out of the car. Their luggage has been taking care by the worker. Kim led their walk into the hotel building.

 

“You have arranged all of these even before we reached here, don’t you?” Pie queried suspiciously when Kim got their key from the front desk counter. Back then in Thailand, Kim was with her almost every time. She didn’t see it when Kim did arrange their transportation, shelter and what not. How was it even possible?

 

“You know I don’t like to trouble myself.” Kim cocked her head to the left. “My secretary got these things done for us.” Kim finally answered her curiosity.

 

“Jane?” Pie’s forehead puckered.

 

“Come on Pie. Stop being jealous.” Kim said.

 

“Who said I’m jealous? I’m not.” Pie scoffed and quickened her steps, leaving Kim a few steps behind. Then, she realized that Kim was not following her. Pie turned around to locate the tom just to find that Kim stood exactly at the same spot where she left earlier.

 

“Aren’t we going to the room?” Pie asked in distance.

 

“Err, our room is this way?” Kim pointed to her right side and by that time Pie could feel her face grew redder. How embarrassed it was? She went to a wrong direction.

 

“You should have told me earlier.” Pie said casually and headed back to the tom’s direction.

 

***********************************************************************

 

“Taddaa!” Kim opened the door for Pie and the girl stepped into the room. The room was spacious enough for a person.

 

“Okay. Thank you so much. You should get into your room and rest too.” Pie said, turning her body around so that she could face the tom again. Kim gave her a dumbfounded look. Pie reco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter