Kim

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things only got worse when nobody ever tried to believe Pie; Fern was trying to kill her. She stared to Mrs.Jittaleela and the psychopath next to her in disbelief. She was bewildered, utterly astonished at what she had witnessed; Mrs.Jittaleela was talking to Fern, thanking the lady continuously for saving her future daughter – in – law’s  ‘life’. How unbelievable it was when Fern manipulated all dirty little things she had done to her; from being a murderer to a savior. Once, their eyes met when Fern purposely stole a glance to her. The lady smirked, showing off her victory of being able to put up a false play. Infuriated with the sight, Pie unconsciously grabbed the bed sheet, seeking for a little bit of patience.

 

            “Is everything alright?” Mr.Jittaleela’s voice jerked Pie up from her moment of contemplation. She forgot that the middle age man was sitting next to the bedside and most probably Mr.Jittaleela has been watching her since the beginning.

 

Pie nodded her head in response as the awkward feeling slowly built up between them two. Mr.Jittaleela had never really talked to her for real and now he did.

 

            “I think I trust you.” The man said. Pie’s natural gaze to the man gradually changed into a frown. Just now, everybody kept denying her and they tried to convince her that all illusion of her being killed by Fern was the side effect of her awakening from the long slumber. Ridiculously now, Mr.Jittaleela told her that he believed the story.

 

            “I know her more than you do.” Mr.Jittaleela added and at the same time, he shifted her gaze to Fern who was still talking to his wife.

 

            “Mr.Jittaleela, could you please tell me of what really happening back then between Kim and Fern.” Pie sighed.

 

Mr.Jittaleela didn’t respond to her immediately. Instead he held a long stare to Pie without uttering anything.  “Sometimes, it’s much better to leave things unsaid.” The man said after a long pause. Pie had anticipated it for the first place; Mr.Jittaleela refused to tell her the story behind Fern’s strong grudges towards Kim and her.

 

           
            “Mr.Jittaleela…”

 

            “Your Mama would be upset if she heard you address me that way.” Mr.Jittaleela cut Pie before the girl could continue her speak.

 

            “Papa…” Pie cleared before she further her speak. It was awkward at the moment to really speak to the man in person. “Where is Kim?”

 

            “That stupid kid will be here soon.” Pie could see the unpleasant reaction from the man. He seemed upset over a matter and Pie could tell it has something to do with his daughter.

 

            “Listen here Pie.” Mr.Jittaleela spoke. “You have to be careful and if you could do it, please stay away from Fern.” The man reminded.

 

Soon enough before they went along with their conversation, all the people in the room was being interrupted by a loud gushed of door being pushed by someone. There, all eyes gazed to Kim who panted heavily as she walked into the room.

 

            “Kim…” Fern was the first one who came to greet the tom. However, it seemed that Fern was invisible to the tom’s sight when Kim quickly arranged her steps to Pie, ignoring Fern’s presence in there.

 

            “Pie…” Kim feigned a smile as she came to approach the girl. Pie threw a sour look to the tom in return. “I’m glad that you’re fine.” Kim said. Pie managed to study Kim’s face for a fleeting moment. The tom seemed unorganized and miserable.

 

            “How are you?” Kim queried as she took her seat at edge of the bed. Pie glared at her and she felt the eyes burrowed into her head, down into her chest and into all of her, holding her on a hook. Seconds later, she caught the tears were threatening to spill from that sour look.

 

            “Hey…” Kim reached out her hand to the girl but Pie dodged away quickly.

 

            “Where have you been?” Pie asked, her voice shook as she spoke. Realizing that both of them needed their space, Mr.Jittaleela beckoned his wife and also Fern to follow him, leaving Kim and Pie for their own moment.

 

            “I’m not going anywhere. I just went somewhere to get things done.” Kim said.

 

            “Liar! You were in jail.” Pie spoke and it was shocked enough for Kim to hear it. Pie already figured things out.

 

Pie watched Kim tore her gaze away before their eyes met again. “You are right. I was in the jail but now I am here.”

 

            “What happens to Mike?” Pie queried.

 

            “He is still in there.”

 

    

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter