Friend to a Foe

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pie’s POV

Throughout the days I have been living together with Kim, she made me believe that home is where the heart is. Kim said to me that true home is the place where you would always long to be and it was not only that; home is where you live with the persons you loved the most. However, these past few days, I started to doubt it again. I tried to shove away every negative thought that came to my mind but the more I insisted to take it in a positive way, the more I was hurt. Our home wasn’t the home it used to be. It wasn’t warm and comfortable; it was now deserted and cold. This huge bungalow seemed bigger than it looked, the dead silence scared me and what come to worst I felt so lonely of being left alone. I rarely meet Kim even though we do live under the same roof. She was too preoccupied with her works that she didn’t have time for anyone else; that including me.

Things weren’t the same after a few days we got back from the vacation. Kim would leave in the early of the morning to her work place and wouldn’t come home till the late in the night. There was one or two times where I managed to make her seated and ate the breakfast I had cooked but most of the time, the moment I was awakened from my sleep, she wasn’t at my side. Every night, I would wait for her to come home at the living room but the next thing I knew, I was awakened in the middle of the night in my own bedroom and every time it happened, I would sneak into her room and slept with her. My heart was aching to the thought that Kim was trying to distance herself from me but I guessed I shouldn’t think in such a way. Kim often reminded me to stop thinking nonsense and I shouldn’t doubt her as well.

The clock struck 12.00 A.M. It was yet another new day to begin with. Today, I decided to wait for Kim again. I lost the count of how much coffee I had taken but it has become my loyal companion since a few hours ago. Some doses of the caffeine can help my brain from shutting down that easy.  I needed to stay awake; I yearned to see Kim. My misses to her was too much that I couldn’t contain it anymore – it was killing me inside. Forty five minutes later, I heard the clicking sound of the door. It was being unlocked from the outside. My internal mind was battling whether I should get the door and see Kim at the very moment or stay still and wait. It seemed that the latter won the argument. I sat on the couch, expecting Kim to walk pass through the living room. From the distance, I saw her stepping inside. She has the briefcase on her right hand side while her left hand was holding a pile of papers. Kim was trying to close the door behind her when suddenly the papers slipped away from her held. They fell helplessly on the floor in mess. The voice of her; grunting and cursing echoed through the hall. She sighed loudly as she picked them up one by one.

Pitied to see her with the difficulties, I made my way to her. Kim stopped abruptly when she caught my presence. She slumped back at the wall in shock when she saw me. I wasn’t a ghost and our home wasn’t a haunted abandoned building. She didn’t need to react that way though. I’m her girl.

 

            “Pie...” Kim gasped. I was in conflict on how I should react and I decided to smile at her instead.

 

            “How could you be this careless?”I knelt down and gathered the papers without even looking at her. Kim seemed not to recover from the shock as she stared at me bewilderingly.

 

            “I thought you were asleep.” Kim said. I turned to look at her. How long have I had not seen this face? Kim looked miserable. The dark circles around her eyes proved it. Her hair was getting longer yet she had lost a lot of weight judging from the look of her cheeks.

 

            “I’m waiting for you.” I told her and handed her the papers. Kim smiled weakly at me and I could have sworn that I wanted to cry at the moment. It has been too long that I didn’t see the enchanted smile. It dawned on me that missed her a lot.

 

            “The projects are killing me.” Kim tore her gaze away from me – looking guilty herself.

 

            “I know.” I took her briefcase and stood up. “Have you had your dinner?” I asked her.

 

Kim looked at me immediately. “No.” She shook her head, wasn’t expecting me to ask her such question.

 

            “I cook for you. Do you want to eat?” I asked her again.

 

Kim’s eyes shone brightly at the thought I cook the dinner for her. “You cooked for me?” She asked in disbelief.

 

            “Every day I did cook for you, Kim.” I sighed. “You didn’t even check for them when you got home.”

 

            “I told you that you don’t have to do it.” Kim said hastily. There’s a huge expression of guilt on her face again.

 

            “And every time you told me not to cook for you, I was telling myself that you were lying to me.” Kim went silent upon hearing me. She ran her fingers through her hair in frustration before she gazed at me again.

 

            “I’ll reheat the food. You can get your business done first.” I spun on my heel and walked away.

 

I reached the kitchen and realized that Kim trailed behind me. I thought she was going to take her bath or anything but she didn’t. Kim took her seat at the kitchen island and I sensed that she eyed me for my every movement. I returned to her awhile later with the food in the plates. Once I put them down on the countertop, Kim looked at them as if she had not seen food for the longest months. I wondered when the last time she had a proper dinner.

 

            “Join me?” She invited me to eat with her. I shook my head instantly. It’s already midnight. It was unusual for me to eat around this hour.

 

            “Oh, come on. Just assume that this is a late supper.” Kim pouted.

 

            “It’s fine with me. I’m full enough just by looking at your face.” I told her. Kim blinked her eyes several times, staggered with my words before she smiled sheepishly at me.

 

            “I’m trying to get used to the new Pie. What a sweet talker.” She chuckled.

 

            “Eat. It’s already late.” I reminded her. Kim obediently nodded at me before she began to dig the food and enjoyed them to the fullest. She didn’t talk that much during the meal and I was just comfortable with the silence. Seeing her in front of me was the calmest sensation I ever needed. The loneliness that has lingered around me vanished in a sudden snap with her presence.

 

            “The food is good.” Kim said, breaking the silence. I was taken aback to the reality as she poked a finger to my cheek. “What are you thinking?” She asked me.

 

            “It’s nothing.”

 

            “I am a dreadful lover.” Kim muttered. “How are you doing, Pie? I’m sorry that I failed to make time for you.” She apologized to me and took my hand in hers. The sincerity in her words flew through my vein and reached directly to my heart. How could I stay mad at her?

 

            “How’s your work? Is everything going good so far?” I decided not to answer her. Kim didn’t want her to be filled with remorse and self – condemnation. Some things are better not to be explained and be divulged to others.

 

            “It’s piling up day by day. I need to meet the clients; dealing with their requests on almost of everything and it was just too exhausting.” Kim released a deep sigh upon telling me her progress.

 

            “It’s the price of success. You can do it.” I couldn’t believe that I managed to come out with good words of encouragement to her.

 

Kim gazed at me as if she didn’t agree with my statement. “If you don’t work that hard, how could I go for another vacation again?” I jested. Kim laughed at any instant she got my gold digger’s intention. She found it hilarious but not for me. I was just trying to cheer her up. Honestly, I didn’t care about how many vacations I could go for my whole life, I don’t even mind if I have to get back to my substandard life. I began to realize that prosperity wasn’t everything I needed. Perhaps the twist that people made in this modern span was indeed true; money CAN buy us happiness but then the only thing they couldn’t deny it for sure; money CAN’T buy us LOVE. The quality time you got with your lover is more prosperous than the counts in your bank’s account. You couldn’t claim the seconds that had passed with them. Time is priceless.

 

            “You can have everything, Pie. I promise.” Kim assured it to me.

 

            “Are you sure you can give me everything?” I queried to her. Kim nodded ardently, telling her rigid yes to me. Through the flashed of her eyes, I could tell that she was highly confidence with her own will.

 

            “Name it to me. I will consider your request.” She prompted.

 

            “Don’t you regret it for asking me?” I needed her assurance.

 

            “Even if the requests would cost me my flesh and blood, I would still make it up to you.” Kim said. To tell that I wasn’t impressed would be a complete lie. Kim never failed to prove to me how much she loved me. It was me who made everything went complicated. I was the coward.

 

            “I won’t tell you now. I will keep it for some other time.” I told her. Kim smiled at me again before she finished her last bite of the food.

 

            “Thank you for the meal. I couldn’t remember when the last time I had my dinner.” She chuckled.

 

            “I can see that. It seems that your work is more important than your health.” I said. Kim scowled at me. The truth struck her to her realization.

 

            “You win.” Kim raised her hands up to the air in surrender. “Ugh... I’m so beat.” Kim complained. “Let’s go to sleep now, sweetheart?” She beamed at me with her naughty grin.

 

            “You know, I’m on my period. I couldn’t give you the ual healing.” I told her. Kim jaw fell open, startled with my humour. I did learn it from her. Why did she look so surprise?

 

            “Hello, Kim?” I plucked my fingers right in front of her eyes and Kim snapped to her reality. “Don’t look at me that way. I’m still not going to entertain you in bed.” I told her.

 

            “I’m not that ert!” Kim recoiled. She quickly rose from her seat and went to put the dishes into the sink. After somewhat she done washing it, she returned back to me.

 

            “Let’s get upstairs?” Her eyebrows furrowed as she spoke to me.

 

            “Can I sleep with you tonight?” Kim snorted loudly upon hearing my request. I gazed at her with a frown. “What’s wrong?”

 

            “It happened that almost every day you sneaked in and sleep with me.” She let out a soft chortle. “Do you know, Pie? You could probably make my bedroom as yours too. It’s ours.” She suggested. There, I saw her wicked intention in her expression. Kimhan Jittaleela is kind of an opportunist. She would grab all the chances that came into her hand without any single doubt.

 

            “What a good idea.” I walked to her side. Kim watched me intently as I wrapped my arms around her neck, drawing her closer to me. “We can share our warmth every night.” I did purposely bite my lips, not to seduce her but to add the effect to my tease. I could have sworn that I would laugh at any moment I caught Kim gulped hardly. She’s too ert.

 

            “Whatever you have chosen, I would respect your decision.” Kim stuttered. Again, I intended to trace my finger to her jaw line up to her lips. Caressing those intoxicating lips gently, I drew her in to a much closer extent – so close that our distance was just a breath away.

 

            “Kiss me.” My voice came out as a whisper. I felt Kim started to bring her hands around my waist. With the support that she gave me, I myself much further into her and to its perfect timing; Kim crushed her lips into mine at any instant I reached to her face. I have yearned for her kiss for so long. Ever since she was too preoccupied with her works, I didn’t get my daily booster. It happened that every single day without Kim, I had suffered from the withdrawal symptom of not getting at least one each day.

 

If I were to describe the feel, her lips tasted like a marshmallow. They were so soft and yet when you have them in your mouth it would melt to the heaven’s pleasure. The sweetness was incomparable to any sweetener you could have found along your entire life and the most important part was, I would make sure that it’s only me who could ever devour it.

 

            “Ouch.” Kim pulled away quickly in the middle of our make out. I stared at her bewilderingly before I saw her lower lips were bleeding. Kim wiped it with her thumb and returned her gaze at me right after.

 

            “Aggressive.” She smirked with a smug look on her face. My face grew red in embarrassment. I didn’t aware that I was kissing her a little bit too rough.

 

            “If you told me that you’re a vampire by now Pie, I’m willing to sacrifice myself to you. Drain my blood to feed your thirst. This is my sacrifice to you.” Kim jested.

 

            “Nasty!” I smacked her head with the back of my hand. Kim yelped in pain and scowled at me.

 

            “If I were about to drink your blood to your death, I would not let you die a .” It suddenly slipped out from my mind. “We’ll rock the bed, baby.” I pulled her by the collar.

 

            “Wow! I really love this Pie!” Kim exclaimed and lifted me off my feet. I gasped to her sudden move. Without waiting for my further response, she carried me in her arms, leaving the kitchen to our room.

 

            “Put me down, what are you doing?”

 

            “Take you to sleep?” Kim said.

 

            “I can walk by myself.” I protested.

 

            “I insist to carry you.” Kim seemed not to give any attention to me.

 

            “You always wanted appear strong to me even though I know you are not.” I said to her.

 

Kim made an eye contact with me briefly and focused on her steps again. “I’m tough.” She said. The corner of her lips curled up into a small smile.

 

“I may not be as strong as any other guy but I want you to know that I can protect you in every way I could. Even if I have to forge my bone to be my only weapon and let my skin to be the armour, I will always stand before you.” Kim proceeded and I was sent dumbfounded.

 

“You do know how to have a girl’s heart, eh?” I prodded her by the rib. Kim stole a glance at me and wagged her eyebrows playfully.

 

“Don’t call me Kimhan Jittaleela if then.” She giggled.

 

“I shouldn’t have trust you. You’re such a player.” Kim made a face as I spoke to her. “Alright, let me re – correct that.”

 

“You’re such a sweet talker that everything which had come out from your mouth could give me diabetes.” Kim’s face lit up with a bright smile again.

 

            “And you are my sweetie, Pie. The apple of my eye.” Kim said and I wasn’t expecting that she would kiss me again. I thought I would not get tired of this. Kimhan Jittaleela is the best thing that ever been mine.

 

 

***************************************************************************

 

Among all those nights I have spent once we returned from London, last night was the most pleasant night I had set myself to sail off in my dreamland. Again, Kim left early in the morning today but before she actually let me lost when I was awake she did wake me up just to acknowledge me that she would be gone for two or three days for the outstation. I knew she saw my rebellious gestures when she informed me about it. It was a lie if I wasn’t mad at her. She would leave me again – alone in this house. I really hate it when I have to stay alone. The felt was just the same as the broken wings. I was incomplete yet so helpless to do anything.

 

It was just about half an hour since Kim left when I heard the door’s bell rang loudly to my attention. It could be Kim again; well if it happened that she forgot to take her belongings or what not but who would ever come to visit me this early in the morning? I went to get the door.

 

            “It’s a special delivery for Ms. Pie Mindara.” A young man who was about Kim’s age came to greet me once I opened the door. I was just too shock when he a bouquet of red roses to me at the very moment he saw my face. Please give me a break. I still needed to adjust my mind to this.

 

            “Oh, who is the sender?” I asked him as I took the roses hastily.

 

            “All you questions will be answered in the notes.” He pointed to one side of the bouquet. There, I saw a card stuck to its cover.

 

            “Well, my task is done here.” He said. “Excuse me and have a great day.” He bowed to me before he arranged his steps, leaving our housing area.

 

I took the bouquet inside and quickly took a look to the card that came with it. I guessed I knew who the sender was and just like I have expected, I saw Kim’s signature at the bottom of the card. I shifted my sight to the content of the card and read the message in it.

 

It went like this; “WHEN THE LAST ROSES DIE, I WILL STOP LOVING YOU.” My stomach churned to its uneasy feeling when I was done reading it. However, it dawned on me that there must be a trick behind the say. How could Kim be that fearless with the message? It must have hid something which was oblivious to me.

 

I checked for the roses again – one by one. My count told me that they were 27 stalks of them; where 26 were real and one was a fake. Do you see it? That one rose wouldn’t die. I felt very flattered when I thought about it. Kim was trying to depict it here that her love to me is endless. Smiling like lunatic myself, I took the roses for a change. I replaced the roses into a vase and put them near the window. I shall take care of them; at least

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter