I Miss You

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was not like any other morning where Kim usually woke up by the sound of her ‘human alarm clock’; Pie knocking on the door. Today, in the midst of dead silence and calmness, an exhilarating and rewarding experience came to greet her as soon as she regained her full consciousness. Kim refused to believe her sight for the place first but as much as she tried to deny it, the more it came to her realization that Pie was actually sleeping next to her and not only that, the girl’s little limb wrapped securely around hers. Pie was sleeping soundly like a baby and by looking to the steady rise and fall of her chest; Kim could tell that Pie was so deep in her slumber.

 

“Pie...” Kim called the name. However, the girl showed no response to it.

 

            “Pie Mindara...” Kim called again and by now she heard a soft moan as reply.

 

Chuckled on her own, Kim decided to let the girl sleep for a little more minutes. She brought her hand to the girl’s hair, playing and brushing the soft fragrance brunette hair with her fingers. She started to wonder what made this angel here, in the same bed as her. The last thing she could recall was the moment her nose bled and by any possibilities, she could predict something has gone wrong right after the moment.

 

            “Pie, how could we get here?” Kim asked to the girl.

 

            “You passed out yesterday and the doctor told me you won’t wake up until the next morning.” Pie growled upon answering the tom.

 

            “Oh, okay.” Kim nodded knowingly. In a split second, the girl in her embrace bolted up from the bed, staring to her in disbelief.

 

They gazed into each other eyes for the longest seconds before Pie spoke up. “You are awake.”

 

            “Yes?” Kim feigned a smile.

 

            “It’s good then.” Kim watched the girl dropped herself to the bed again before she rolled on her side.

 

            “I slept for a very long hours.” Kim said to the girl.

 

            “Indeed you are and look what you have done to me...” Pie pouted. “You made me sleep here.” The girl added, sour expression written all over her drowsy face.

 

Pie saw Kim raised her perfect eyebrows to her and the corner of her lips curved up into a teasing smile. “I bet you are so glad to have a huggable giant teddy bear.” She knew the tom was up to something.

 

“You’re a giant skeleton.” Pie recoiled. Flushed yet embarrassed by the thought that she hugged Kim in her sleep, Pie tore her gaze away from the tom.

 

“What time is it Pie? I need to go to the office.” Kim queried, sending a little spark of confusion mixed with utmost startled to Pie.

 

“You are sick. How could you have that thought of going to the office?” Pie asked out of her dissatisfaction upon Kim’s decision.

 

Instead of answering the girl, Kim got up from the bed and walked to her wardrobe. Pie knew it; Kim was trying to avoid any further conversation with her.

 

            “Kim...” Pie called out, impatient with the cold treatment in the morning.

 

Kim turned around to look to her. “I had missed a lot of my tasks these past few days. Moreover, if I’m not working today, who is going to feed you Pie?” The response slipped clearly from the tom’s mouth. Guilt started to envelope Pie, realizing she had partially caused the troubles in Kim’s life.

 

            “I’m going to prepare your breakfast.” Pie said.

 

            “No need to do that.” Kim responded immediately.

 

            “I’ll just have my breakfast at the office.” The tom told her. “Don’t push yourself to work that hard. You need to rest until you are completely recovered.” Kim started to elaborate her real mean of the statement, noticing that Pie frowned over the matter.

 

When Kim thought things were cleared, she could sense it didn’t necessarily clear to Pie. The girl was obviously not in favour of something upon her explanation earlier. She was all prepared to listen to what Pie ought to say. “You’re pushing yourself too hard too. You’re sick, why don’t you spend just a day to have a rest and get back later to the office? That’s your father’s company and you can do whatever you wanted to.” Pie snapped out of her control. As what she had always expected, Kim saw it the tears were threatening to spill from the girl’s eyes. It came to her realization that Pie had become more vulnerable these days. She was so fragile that even a single careless word could scatter her apart.

 

Slowly, she brought herself back to the heart of her life. Pie refused to look to her at all by now. “Pie...” She called the girl, taking her hands into hers. “I know you’re concern about me and I’m so glad you do. However, I want you to know, I’m doing this for you; I’m working for your future. I know that we might not be together in the coming time but the only thing that I am certain right now is I’m going to provide you a better life once we are apart.” Kim said.

 

It felt like Pie was struck to the deepest part of her heart, she turned to look to the tom again. Kim was still looking to her; right into her eyes. Those brown eyes which had always held the sincerest gaze was her weakest point and she was afraid that someday she would lose to them. “I’m trying to fulfil your wishes and make you dream comes true.” The tom added after a brief pause.

 

Pie was unable to utter any response to Kim right at the moment. Kim left her speechless. Where did the old Kim whom she used to know had gone to? There’s no arrogant and rude Kim. How Kim could give up everything including her Everest height’s ego and being this humble yet very kind to her? For Pie, Kim’s sudden change was too drastic that she couldn’t even adapt herself to this new Kim. Everything seemed to turn upside down yet she could not meet the right end to make everything all right.

 

            “Now, could you please help me with my shirt and what not?” Kim changed the topic quickly. “I guess you don’t want to see any holes on my shirt again.” Kim laughed and so did Pie.

 

            “I’ll take it.” Pie nodded her yes. “Now go and get your bath. You don’t smell that good.” Pie said, pinching her nose as if the smell was real.

 

            “Wanna join me too?” Kim grinned flirtatiously.

 

            “ert! No!” Pie grabbed a pillow and threw it to Kim’s direction. Not by her luck, Kim had already arranged her steps to the bathroom, giggling loudly to see Pie’s reaction.

 

            **************************************************************************************

 

            “Pie, I’m not coming home for lunch. Don’t forget to have yours alright? You can call for delivery.” Kim reminded the girl as they both standing right at the main entrance of the house with Pie holding her blazer just like any wife would do when her spouse was about to leave the house to work.

 

            “Just now, you said you won’t have your breakfast at home and now, you’re telling me you are not going to have your lunch too. Tell me what is going on here? Are you trying to avoid me Kim?” Pie was straight forward. This morning, Kim had ruined her mood twice and now she couldn’t bear any of them anymore.

 

Kim stepped forward to her with a loud sigh. “Please Pie. I don’t have energy for this.”

“I’ll come home earlier for dinner. Is it alright?” The tom said, wishing it could at least ease the tense between them two.

            “Promise?” Pie asked for a rigid conformation. Deep inside the emptiness has become more obvious to her feeling. Various thought rushed to her mind; Kim trying to avoid her but why?

 

            “You know I have always stuck to my words. You have my promise and I’ll be back as soon as possible.” Kim nodded. A wide smile curved across her lips again when she saw Pie smiling to her. She tried her luck, stepping in for a kiss on top of the girl’s head. Miraculously, Pie didn’t seem to refuse it all and Kim was surely glad with the improvement.

 

            “Kim...” Pie spoke up when she was about to reach to her car. “Can I go to your parents’ place today?” Again, Pie surprised her with such request.

 

            “Sure. Mama must be pleased with your visit.” Kim faltered.

 

            “Thank you! I’ll be back before dinner too.” Pie waved excitedly.  Kim didn’t know, she was planning to be there for an important purpose.

 

            ***************************************************************************************

Jittaleela’s Residence

 

Pie rested her eyes on the rows of flowering plants. The garden was a kaleidoscope of colours as the various tone of their nature shaded the ground uniformly. Mrs.Jittaleela was indeed high in taste and preference when she picked up the plants which supposed to inhabit her secret garden. The woman had turned this land to a heaven on Earth. The refreshing scene sent a sense of calmness to whoever gazes to it. The mixed fragrance of the blooming flowers was an unearthly scent ones would ever smell and being in there seemed to hypnotize anyone to stay there, unwilling to leave. How it could possibly be when the garden itself is better than the reality.

 

Pie glanced over her shoulder, trying to capture any figure of the elderl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter