Route to escape-2

Runaway Bride

 

 

 

TOP learn quickly that he need to watch his newlywed bride like a hawk as they go to the city to do shopping. Seungri was so fascinated with the city and had requested a map even though he is willing to show him every angle of the place. Seungri is so insist to be independent even though he is constantly found of getting lost in the dark alley and winding on the streets the moment he turn his head from him.

Seungri look like someone under a spell. He was so mesmerize with everything it’s like this is his first time experience. He pull his neck long just to admire the tall building, run to the platform when he sees the ocean and enjoy tasting all kinds of foods.

He was so interested in everything and everyone but him. In fact Seungri seem upset that he show his protective side towards him and did not allow him to go far.

Didn’t he suppose to be a good bride and focus all of his attention at his husband only? Perhaps they should return to the tribe when there was less distraction? Or is he shy with him and using this as an excuse to keep busy?

Somehow a voice in him told the answer is no.

Seungri take a few steps back to peek at a dark alley. TOP slip his arm around him and hold firmly. “This way, Seungri.”

“I can walk on my own,” Seungri said as he curl his fingers into fist. “You don’t have to hold me tight.”

TOP ignore Seungri’s comment and keep his hold on him. At first he thought Seungri was feeling too much happy. But he push that thought far away when Seungri lost for the six time. Judging by Seungri’s character, his sense of direction can’t be that bad.

Somehow his sense told him.  Is he trying to run away?

TOP’s handphone suddenly ring made him to let go off Seungri. “I need to take this call.” TOP answer while his eyes fix on Seungri. But something had caught his attention and he turn away. After a few minutes he ended the call and was pissed when Seungri is nowhere near him.

Seungri's heart beat violently against his chest. He increase his pace. He desperately want to run as fast as he could but it would create a scene. He need to escape fast.

He looks at the streets. Spending most of the day in the city, he had recognised every detail of the place and he had a good idea where he was now.

Seungri walk pass a bookstore. As much as his instincts told him no, Seungri just went inside the bookstore anyway. Maybe this is the best place to hide for a while, he give himself a reason.

It was too late, the scent of paper attract him like a magnet. Seungri pick up book from the rack and flip the pages. He is so enjoy hearing the sound of the paper.

“Seungri!”

Damn.

Seungri feel tense when he heard TOP’s voice. He had found him already.

TOP was already at his side. Seungri can feel irritation and temper overflow from the prince. Seungri remain still.

“You need to tell me where you’re going.” TOP told him in annoy voice.

Seungri feel surprise that TOP did not touch him and not raise his voice either. He is thinking whether he will receive hard blow in the face like his uncle always do.

I need to play innocent, Seungri thought to himself.  He need to hide his motive from the prince.

Seungri keep his eyes on the book and continue to flip the pages. His knees were shaking.

“Seungri.” TOP let out a warning voice when there was no response from Seungri.

“I’m sorry.” He slowly turn his head to look at TOP. “It’s been a long time since I come to a bookstore.” 

TOP let out a breath and Seungri know he is pushing the prince’s patience to its limit for a seven time this day. “You could get lost. Again,” he said with control. “You need to stay with me.”

Seungri press his mouth shut. So he had blow up his chance to escape again.

“Is that what you want?” TOP look at the book in Seungri’s hand.  

“No.” Seungri place the book back at the rack.

“Pick any books. I pay for it,” TOP suggest to him.

Seungri let his head down. “That is very generous of you, but it’s not necessary.”

“Why you refusing every gift I offer?” TOP outburst. He rub the back of his neck with his hand feeling loss.

Was that what he thought? Seungri decided that he need to tell the prince the truth, no matter how much it will embarrass him. “I..I can’t read these books,” he manage to let out a whisper as his face when red as chili.

TOP shock. “You can’t read?”

“I can read! But I can’t read English.” Seungri snap back.

“Didn’t you go to school?”

“No.” Normally he would create a reason if anyone asked him that question, but today he did not feel to play that game. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

How many times his uncle had promise to sent him to school? He wait day by day. Until it become empty promises and he had to stop dreaming.

There a pause silent between them. Seungri follow TOP when he decide to leave but his eyes could not resist to glance at the bookstore once more.  

Once he made his escape, he would go to the library. It would be thrilled to be surrounded by books and read his heart out.