Trust me

Runaway Bride

 

 

 

Seungri drop off his smile as soon as he said goodbye to his assistant that TOP’ hired. The moment he heard the sound of the lift his shoulder slump in relief.

“I swear, he is going to drive me crazy,” he mutter under his breath.

When he heard footsteps, Seungri turn and saw the butler walking towards him. Would he ever get a moment to himself? All he need was one minute. Just one minute! Was that too much to ask?

“Your Highness,” the butler greet him and bow. “The Prince is in the drawing room.”

He was calling him what? Seungri want to ask the butler to drop the formality. He’s not deserved to be call that, it feel so unreal, but when Seungri look at his watch he feel shock. There were several hours to go before the charity dinner but why was TOP in the suite?

Or perhaps he should ask the question to himself .... what rule did he break this time?

Seungri walk to the drawing room. He really look like a some wealthy spoiled kids, thanks to a day in the spa. He has waiting for his change to run, but thanks again to that stupid assistant for ruining his plan.

Seungri stop when he sees TOP lying with his eyes close on the big sofa. His shirt open two buttons down and his tie hanging loose. Crystal glass which had wine or whisky on it was on the carpet.

Now! his mind scream. This is the time you been waiting for.

He will make an escape at lightning speed to the lift; he thought. Seungri is about to turn and walk, but he stop when he glance at TOP’s face. He look exhausted and pale. The lines in his face were deep. Is he sick or something?

Seungri press his lips together as his heart can’t decide.

Should he stay or should he go?

After a moment he clench his fist and sigh. He better not regret this choice.

“Is there something you want?” TOP ask him, still keeping his eyes close and not moving.

Seungri let his head down. He should know that TOP is aware of his presence the moment he step into the room. Nothing got past him.

Seungri slowly walk to the sofa. “Are you okay?” he ask while awkwardly put his hand on TOP’s forehead.

TOP caught Seungri’s wrist in firm grip without open his eyes. “I’m fine,” he said. “I’m thinking about the next move in my negotiation strategy.”

“Okay,” Seungri shrug his hand but TOP still grip his hand.

“I’m deadlock,” TOP said with a sigh. “I can’t get them to accept my terms. And do you know why?”

Seungri look around the room. Was TOP talking to him? Did TOP just discuss his business with him? “Uh …No...? ” he touch his forehead to check in case he had a fever.

“No one is willing to invest because they think nothing will change when I rule.” TOP open his eyes and slowly uncurled his fingers around Seungri’s wrist.

Seungri pull his hand and go sit at the edge of coffee table. “What are you negotiating?

TOP slowly sit up and rest his elbows on his legs. “Telecommunications. My goal is for everyone to have access.”

“Really?” The fact that TOP want to share his problem was surprise him. TOP was really aware of his people need. His vision will bring positive impact to everyone especially people in the remote areas. Seungri smile. “So, what’s the problem?”

TOP run his hands through his dark thick hair. “The company’s owned is active in human rights.”

Seungri rub his hands together as if he has formed a plan. “Then it’s time to reveal your secret weapon.”

TOP look at Seungri as he had receive a bad news. “And that would be …?”

Seungri spread his arms out. “Me.”

TOP stared at Seungri with disbelief. “You?”

“Yes, me.” Seungri shake his shoulders. “

TOP let out a groan, he covered his eyes with his hands. “Seungri, what are you really up to?” he asked.

“Nothing.” Seungri frown.

TOP slowly shake his head, that couldn’t possibly be the right answer. “Why do you suddenly want to help me?”

Good question. TOP was keeping him from what he want. He had too much power over his life and his future. It would be better if he sabotage him. “Maybe I’m trying to do something nice.”

TOP’s eyebrows went up. “You could start an international incident without trying.”

Seungri fold his arms. “Do you want my help or not?”

“Okay, Seungri, I would let you do it.” TOP said reluctantly accept Seungri's help. “But if you go too far …”

“Trust me.” Seungri rise to his feet. “By the end of the night you are going to see me in a whole new light.”