Haywire plan

Runaway Bride

 

 

 

“I must say you surprised me.”

Seungri look at the tall and handsome young man who’s now sitting next to him; his cousin Hyunseung. He clenched his teeth as he braced himself for what he was sure would be an unpleasant moments.

“I didn’t think you manage to do it,” he told Seungri in chatty tone.

Seungri did not respond. He never like his cousin and vice versa. His cousin would not form an alliance with an outcast like him unless he can bully him. Hyunseung was on the prowl for trouble and now he had found his target.

Hyunseung let a tight smile on him. “I can’t wait to tell Jiyong.”

Seungri did all his best not to flinch. “Please do.”

Seungri hope he was getting better at not reacting after he heard Jiyong’s name. This man had once represent love, romantic...hot. Now his name reminded him that no man could be trusted.

“What should I tell him?” Hyunseung asked as he studied Seungri’s face closely. “Shall I send him your love?”

Seungri shrugged, refusing to let the word “love” pierce his already bleeding heart. Kwon Jiyong had consider dead a year ago, when he go to America without a back glance. He had filed him under “lesson learned.”

Seungri leaned back in his chair as if he did not care at all. “Tell him what you want.”

Seungri felt his blood leaving his face. His cousin knows. He had to get away. He had to shut Hyunseung’s mouth. If he ever breathed a word about this to his uncle  … to the prince …

“Seungri?”

Seungri look up to see whose calling him.

“Come, Seungri. It’s time to prepare you for your wedding night.”

His wedding night. His stomach twist sharply and he battle back the nausea. He was lead to their honeymoon suite. He hunch his shoulders as fear has eat him away.

They were telling him words of advice on how to please his husband, but Seungri did not hear any word of it. Seungri was brought to the center of the bed. He knelt on the bed, his hands fold in front of him with his head bent down. He wanted to jump out of bed and run but he knew the guard will bring him back and guard the bedroom.

Seungri closed his eyes and took a deep, deep breath. He heard all of the servants leaving the room, their laughter harsh as they tossed him more advice. He always thought his wedding day would be different. In his dreams it would full of laugh and happy moment, not to mention love.

The reality was much too harsh. Seungri slowly opened his eyes. He choose marriage because he was out of options and running out of luck. He was taking a big gamble in his life, believing he could use this marriage in exchange to his freedom.

What on earth has he done?

He felt the thickness of air as he try to breathe. “I can’t do this. I can’t sleep with him,” Seungri said loudly. He thought he was alone until Hyunseung answered.

“You two require to sleep together,” Hyunseung said. “Otherwise it will not acknowledged.”

“Require?” Seungri’s stomach gave a sick twist. That sound so clinical. So unromantic.

Hyunseung cast an annoy look to him. “That’s why you have the last ceremony on the third day. It’s based on the tribe law to celebrate the marriage.”

Seungri’s jaw dropped. “Are you kidding me?”

“And if he doesn’t like you,” his cousin continue, “he can throw you back.”

Seungri frowned. “Throw me back? You mean back to your family? No, he can’t. Nice try, Hyunseung, but I’m not falling for your lies.”

“I’m not lying,” Hyunseung swear, putting his hand against his chest.

Can he do that?

Seungri was so much trouble. His knees wobbled as another wave of fear crashed over him. If he didn’t have with the prince he would send him back to his family. If he have with him then he might well have had the same problem.

“The prince is coming” informed the servant.

“Well, good luck Seungri,” Hyunseung said with a sly smile as he slip out of the room.