More trouble

Runaway Bride

 

 

 

It was deadly silence. He feels hard to breathe as the air goes thick and heavy. Seungri bit his lip as the chill air eat him to the bone. What was going to happen to him? What TOP going to do? He was not sure if he was strong enough to face his future.

Seungri blink his eyes several times to prevent tears from falling down. “Would you get off me … please?” he ask in tremble voice.

TOP hold his body still for a moment before he pull his body away from him and stand up.

“Do you have a boyfriend? A lover?” TOP asked while he aggressively adjust his clothes. “Is he still in the picture?”

Seungri not expect TOP to ask him that question. Does he care? “No,” he said as he slowly sit up.

“I want the truth, Seungri. I don’t want any ex-lovers hanging around. You now belong to me.”

Oh, he should know about this. The prince just didn’t give a damn about him. All he worried was if someone had touched his ‘property’. In this case, his bride.

Seungri feel upset about the thought. But now he has to push that feeling away. He need to play safe, he will beg for his mercy and promise him anything. But if his body reject the idea, he was on automatic pilot to crash and burn.

“Belong? Are you serious?” he ask bitterly. He did not belong to anyone. No one wanted him, they only wanted to use him temporarily.

Seungri quickly reach up for his caftan and pull it into his body to cover himself.

“How many men have you had s3x with?”

Oh, this is getting worse and worse. Seungri know he should bite his tongue and listen to TOP’s ranting but he just can’t hold himself.

“How many, Seungri?” TOP’s deep voice made him shiver.

“One. Just one,” Seungri confess as he stand up to his feet. It had only take one man to ruin his life. He really know how to choose them well didn’t he.

“I don’t believe you.”

Of course. He can’t tell him the truth. Seungri grit his teeth as anger bubble inside him. Did TOP think since he’s not a vir8in he must be slu+? “Don’t judge me by your standards.”

TOP’s face was turning red as he control his temper. “I didn’t pretend to be innocent,” he pointed out.

“You don’t have to, don’t you?” He was a prince and follow different rules. He on the other hand, had to be as pure as snow. Go damn this high socialite! “But I never said I was a vir8in. You assumed.”

“You play the part perfectly!” TOP said. He never aspect to fall into Seungri’s acting. One look into that soft puppy brown eyes and he willing to believe anything.

TOP start pacing around the room. All this time he thought Seungri was a shy bride but he was stupid.

From his teen days he really believe he is modern and he is proud of his western upbringing. He often didn’t follow the customs. He will question everything and participate in the event if only it made sense to him. Yet when he realize Seungri is not a vir8in he felt not very civilized.

TOP inhale deeply and rub his hands over his face. He really need to think straight and will not allow emotions to overrule him.

He step in front of the window and look up on the sky while he decide his next move.

He realize Seungri is not a traditional bride that he could seduce to follow all his command. He has guts to say that his bride will fight him every tooth and nail if he going to send him to his mountain palace.

Seungri is not a vir8in. Somehow he feel disappointed of this fact. Is this the reason why he kept trying to run away? Did Seungri think he would end the marriage and sent him to the elders for punishment?

TOP turn and lean his body against the window to study Seungri. Their eyes meet each other. He saw hurt and anger in those eyes. And something else. More secret? That possibility burned him like acid. If Seungri had a secret, those secrets could blow up in his face. He need to go on with the offense.

“Who knows about you?” Maybe the elders know about this and had set him up as a punishment. “The elders?”

Seungri look at him as if he was crazy. “Hell, no.”

“Are you sure?” He would not expose Seungri’s secret but it could cost him if someone else know it.

Seungri look at TOP with anger. “If they know I would have been caned and I would have the scars.”

That’s true. He remember Seungri only have scars and burn marks on his body. But what cause of the scars, TOP made a mental note to himself.

“You realize this is a reason to end the marriage?” TOP said as he keep his tone neutral. If Seungri thought he was safe because he could not afford to offend the elders, he need this to scare him.

Seungri shock at TOP’s statement. “End the marriage?” he whisper as his face turn white. He look wounded. “You would do that to me?”

He was not going to feel guilty. “It’s in the contract.”

Seungri’s whole body become tension as he look at TOP fiercely. “I don’t believe you.” Now he really feel stupid because he had blindly sign the contract his uncle gave him without reading it first. Damn.

TOP folded his arms across his chest. He had to be cruel and he will not going to apologize for it. “I’m telling you the truth,” he said.

“What man in this century would end a marriage because his bride is not a vir8in?” Seungri said try to make his argument.

He would not end the marriage because of that reason. The result will be a disaster for his country, especially for his father, the King. He felt as if he had more to lose than Seungri, but he will not show it. He didn’t want to give him some sort of immunity over him.

“This marriage is a lie.” TOP make a statement. “No man would stay with a person he can’t trust.”

 “You’re right.” Seungri put his hands up as he burst in anger. “Most of the man I know don’t understand the meaning of commitment.”

TOP run his hand trough his hair. He feels hard to breathe as his chest was feeling tight. He need to know what’s in Seungri’s mind. Why is he agree to this marriage? Did he know?

TOP study him intently. No, if Seungri know the reason he would use it already in his argument. But from the look in his eyes, Seungri seem more interested in hiding his reasons for marrying him.

“What?” Seungri asked as he broke the eye contact. “What is it?”

TOP lean his head slightly as he study Seungri’s behaviour. His guess is true. Seungri has a secret.

“What else are you hiding?”

Seungri stick his chin out. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m not hiding anything.”

Yes, he was. And he will make Seungri talk.

“You must know what will happen once I discover the truth about you.”

“I hope that you won’t discover it until the last day of ceremony.”

That made sense. After the last ceremony it would have been almost impossible to divorce. “When I was stuck with you?”

“When we were stuck with each other,” Seungri corrected him. He bit his lip and took a deep breath. “Just give me straight answer, TOP. What are you going to do?” he look at TOP with teary eyes.

He did not know. He need to stay with this marriage for the sake of his father but he did not trust Seungri.

Seungri think that he must upset him about the revelation. He will let him think of that while he tried to uncover Seungri’s other secrets.

“It’s not your right to ask me.”

“It’s my right!” Seungri said as he stomp his feet on the floor. “My future depend on it.”

He doesn’t know if fate really play with him but his mind was too numb to think of that possibility.

“I’m leaving.” He really needs same space to clear his mind.

“Where are you going?” Seungri ask anxiously.

“I’ll sleep at other place tonight,” TOP said as he made his way to the door.

Seungri yanked TOP’s arm. “You can’t do that!”

TOP look at Seungri’s hands that clenching his shirt. “Why not?” he ask in worn out voice. “Are you worry about your reputation?”

“Yes, as a matter of fact I am!” Seungri pull at TOP’s sleeve. “You need to sleep in the honeymoon suite. If someone knows that I displeased you I’m in big trouble.”

“No one would think that.” TOP realize the moment he said that, he has a feeling it was not true. Seungri is part of an old minded and one of the influential tribe. If someone spread the news that Seungri was not to his liking, this would make his life incredibly harder.

“TOP, listen to me.” Seungri’s nail begin pressing into his shirt. “You can’t give me back to my uncle. I won’t be spared. This will bring dishonor to my uncle and he will kill me.”

But TOP drop Seungri’s hand and walk out the door totally ignore his plea.

“Please, TOP. You can’t do this.”

 

 

...don't forget to commentxoxo