Route to escape-1

Runaway Bride

 

 

 Fear grip Seungri as his chest tightened. He feels the need to run as fast as he could to escape. His heart pounded in his ears, his breath constricted in his throat and although every atom in his body ready to fly, he can’t move.

Suddenly, Seungri shivered at the masculine sound of the voice greeted next to him. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Top said in polite manner.

“I’m not supposed to talk during the ceremony,” Seungri remind him.  

“But I want you to talk.”

Right. Was this some sort of test to see if he was a good bride? “My uncle gave me strict orders to keep my head down and my mouth shut.”

“Whose opinions more important to you?” Seungri heard the annoying in his voice. “Your uncle or your husband?”

None of you is important, he wanted to say. It was tempting, but Seungri knew he had to play the game. “I will do as you wish.” He nearly choked on the words.

Seungri stared at his hands in his lap and slowly squeezed his fingers together. The pain did not distract him from his trouble thoughts. It was just a matter of time before he messed up. The disapproving look from his uncle was hot enough to burn a hole in his veil.

Seungri know his look and manners didn’t meet his uncle expectations. His skin was much too pale and he lacked all of the good genes. He talk too much; sometimes to loud than he should, and no matter how often he was told he never knew his place.

When there was too much trouble, his uncle will use every single of punishment he knew to punish him. Starve. Beating. Name all of it but nothing worked. It had only made Seungri more rebellious and determined to get out of this hell. If only he had a better escape plan.

Seungri felt the prince intent gaze on him. He felt tense but kept his focus on his hand.

“What is your name?”

Seriously? This was not something a bride want to hear from a husband on their wedding day. Seungri held back the urge to give him a false name. A stripper name, he thought with a sly smile. If only he could. But it wouldn’t be worth the punishment.

“S-Seungri,” he answered.

“And how old are you?”

Old enough. He bit the tip of his tongue before he blurted out that reply. “I’m seventeen years old.” How was it possible the prince didn’t know anything about him? Wasn’t he curious? Didn’t he care?

 “Didn’t anyone tell you about me?”

“I was told everything I need to know.”

Seungri was curious as hell. What had they said about him? He wasn’t sure if he wanted to know. “Such as?” he asked.

TOP shrugged. “You’re part of this tribe and you’re of the marriage age.”

Seungri waited a beat. “Anything else?”

“What else do I need to know?”

Seungri’s eyes widened. The prince was so different but he knew he should be grateful for it. It was better that the prince had not ask any questions or dug information about him.

Immediately after the meal, all guests comes to congratulate the happy couple. Seungri was glad that no one expect him to speak.  He was barely listen to what they said.

“You will have your hands full with this one, my prince. He’s nothing but trouble.”

Seungri glance up when he heard those words. He knew he should keep his head down, but he was so surprise that someone had blurted that warn to the prince. Weren’t they trying to get rid of him by this marriage?

Yet this man was a bi+ch.“He’s an incredibly slow learner,” the older man continues. “It doesn’t matter how hard his uncle slaps him, he keeps talking back.”

“Is that so?” the prince said. “Perhaps his uncle is the slow learner and should try a new approach?”

Seungri was so surprise by the prince comments and immediately ducked his head so no one could see his expression.

“Nothing works with him,” the older man keep informed. “Once he burned the dinner. Of course he was punished. You think he learn his lesson, but the next day he poured entire pot of hot pepper in the dinner. His uncle had blisters inside his mouth for weeks.”

“It wasn’t my fault he kept trying to eat it,” Seungri said as he glared at that older man. “And at least it wasn’t burnt.”

Seungri immediately bent his head and hunch his shoulders as it would make him smaller when he recognizes his mistake. He wants to make himself invisible.

“I hope your cooking has improved,” TOP said.

Seungri just nodded. It was a lie, but the prince will never find out. He was so grateful that the prince ignored his attitude just know. Maybe he was probably saving it all for later, he thought as tension vibrated inside him. He was going to face one monstrous lecture after the ceremony was over.

“When all else failed,” the older man boldly continue, “He was forced to treat sick people until he learned how to behave.”

Seungri know that the task of treating sick people was reserved for servants in the tribe, but he didn’t care. It was all he wanted to do. The medical of science just fascinated to him.

“Seungri,” TOP said, “you don’t have to treat sick people.”

Seungri frowned, not sure how to answer. “That’s not necessary. I’m not afraid of hard work and I’m very good at it.”

Suddenly TOP stand up from his seat. Seungri’s stomach twist sharply as he tasted hot, bitter fear in his mouth. What was the prince doing? Had he displeased him. Somehow he would be punished for it.

The older man place a victory smile and walk away with a dancing feet. Seungri was so mad at himself for eating the bait.

TOP place his hand against his heart and told the elders, “I have accepted Seungri as my bride.”

The elders couldn’t hide their surprise and the guests start cheering excitedly. Seungri did not feel any better. Instead, he feel suspicious.

“I will accept the duty to protect him,”TOP continue.”

Seungri suspicions deepened. What was this prince up to? He had learn when people made that kind of promise it was very likely they would do the opposite. Like when his uncle promised to take him and look after him. Instead his uncle stole his fortune left by his parent and he had become an unpaid servant in his house since then.

Seungri lowered his head as the guests cheer. Anger burn inside his chest. The prince had no idea how important it was for him to work. Before his parents died Seungri had volunteered at his parent clinic. It had always been exciting and he know one day he wanted to be a doctor like his father.

And now the prince want to take that away? Seungri closed his eyes and tried desperately to control his temper. He had to give up the one thing that interested him, the one thing he was good at, because the prince didn’t like it? It was not fair. He wanted to argue right here and now.

What was he upset about? Seungri slowly open his eyes. He will not let the prince affect his life. Because. He will end his marriage to the prince in a short time.