This will be over

Runaway Bride

 

 

TOP get into the limo in hurry. As the car pull away he let out his breath slowly. He never think that tonight will be a rollercoaster ride, thanks to his bride.

“I think the negotiation went well,” Seungri said while put his head to rest at the leather seat behind him. “I don’t want to leave.”

“Why? Did you want one more victory dance around the ballroom?”

Seungri laugh wholeheartedly. It sound very un-royal-like.  “I told you I was your secret weapon. You don’t believe me, did you? But you let me do it because you had nothing to lose.”

It’s true. He not has high hope in a first place, but Seungri always surprise him. Most of the time. “You just couldn’t help yourself, did you?”

Seungri’s smile grow bigger. “I’m sorry.”

No, he’s not feeling sorry. He had a feeling that Seungri had plan a surprise attack to test his power and his patience. It strange that he was not angry about it. Only if Seungri could tell him first. “I’m creating a domestic violence program?” he said. “Since when?”

“It kind of slip out when I speak,” Seungri said. “And it sound really good so I just went with it.”

“It was a very detailed lie. Did you come up with all that on the spot?”

“My parents use to have that kind of volunteered program in their clinic. I thought maybe we could use them in the village,” Seungri explain. “I guess you could tell them that you can’t create the program without the approval from the tribes.”

“I don’t think so.” TOP really thought the program was a good idea.

“What are you going to do?”

“Make it happen.” Warmth spread through his chest when TOP saw Seungri’s eyes bright up. “It will be your project.”

Seungri’s jaw drop. “My project?”

“It’s your lie,” TOP remind Seungri as he hold his hand. “Anyway, you know what the program needs.”

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea. I might mess up.”

“I doubt that.”

Seungri throw his look out the window. TOP look and study him. He wondering in his head why he never consider Seungri could be an asset to him. He is not afraid to tell him the truth and maybe they could become a powerful ally if he had him by his side.

But Seungri is still a liability to him when they go back. It would not be easier to face the tribes. Maybe it would be safe to send him to his mountain palace.

 

The music and lights beat in synch under the vibrating dance floor. Peoples were sway their arms and hips to the beat.

Seungri was sitting in the dance club with TOP beside him. This week has been the happiest moment he feels in a long time. He’s wearing bright and trendy cloths that match well with his young personalities. Most importantly he wear that cloth because that what he want, not what people want him to be. He had meet interesting people, explore the country and learn English. He feels as if his world has expanding each day, each hour.

He never expect that someone as sophisticated as TOP would come and accompany him to all the tourist spot despite his extremely busy schedule.

“Thank you for all the things you done to me, TOP.”

“Your wish is my command,” TOP murmur in Seungri’s ear.

“It’s going to be hard leave Japan. I really enjoy my time here.”

TOP lift his head and look into Seungri’s eyes. “You’re not feeling homesick?”

Seungri control his expression in case TOP could see his true feelings. “No, not at all.”

“Then you will come with me to Athens.”

“Athens? As in Greece?” Seungri can’t control his emotion as excitement vibrate inside him. “Seriously?”

“I need to attend another meeting.” TOP slid his hand down the length of Seungri’s spine and rest his hand on Seungri’s hips.

“I would love to go with you,” he said. “Did you know that Greece is the birthplace of medicine?”

“Seungri …”

That soft warning in TOP voice kill his excitement. Seungri know better not to discuss that forbidden topic with him.

“Sorry.” Seungri force the word from his throat. “When do we go?”

TOP pull him close until he can feel TOP’s strong heartbeat against his chest.

“Tomorrow.”

Seungri stare at his hand that entwined with TOP's hand. The deep brown design that still decorated his hand is a reminder that he is the young bride from the tribe.

In the tribes, a young bride never went to a honeymoon trip. It simply not part of tradition. Instead they were treated like royal, not doing any housework or cooking until the ink wear off.

In a week or two their honeymoon would be over. Once the ink fades, that would be a clear sign for him to walk away from TOP. 

He need to leave him or he would lose everything again.

He describe his new life is like moving from a small cage to a slight bigger one. He dosen't want that.

Freedom is what he want in his life.