Punishment

Runaway Bride

 

 

In the distance he heard fireworks shot thru the night sky. He knows what the celebration is all about. It was time to meet his bride.

TOP felt no excitement. There was no curiosity and no dread. Having a wife was means to an end. It was not an emotional choice rather a civilized arrangement his father made. He step out of the car, his pearl white traditional cloth was plaster against his muscular body cause by a strong wind.

“You’re very late for your wedding,” he saw his best friend approach and TOP smile at the unusual sight of his friend wearing traditional cloth.

“It doesn’t start until I arrive,” TOP replied back.

Taeyang shook his head in disbelief. “I mean it, TOP. This is not the way to make amends with the ........”

“I’m aware of it. I got here as quickly as I could.” He lied.

“That’s not good enough for the elders,” Taeyang said. “They were not happy with you.”

TOP was not in the mood to be lectured by his best friend. “I’m marrying the person of their choice, aren’t I?” he stop a while before continue walking toward the palace.

TOP approach the elders. His best friend was right, they were not happy with him. “Please accept my apologies.” He greet the elders and bowing 90 degree low. He didn’t really care what they think of him.

He was ushered to the grand ballroom by the elders. He can hear a traditional music playing in the air.

“Do you know anything about the bride?” Taeyang whispered into his ear.

“It’s not important,” TOP quietly informed. “I have no plans to live as married couple.”

TOP continue to walk down the walkway and kept his eyes straight ahead on the centre of the ballroom. Two golden throne chairs was place there and his bride already sit in one of the chair waiting for him with head tucked low and hands in lap.

TOP slow down when he saw his bride. A heavy veil was place to conceal the hair and face. Delicate hands were decorated with symbol or design of the tribe. TOP frowned as he studied the feature. There was something different, something wrong..... Suddenly he felt like has been struck by a bolt.

“TOP!” Taeyang whispered harshly.

The bride before him was no bride fit for a prince. He was an outcast. The one that no one would marry.

TOP feel anger. The elders have tricked him. It was totally an insult. The elders must really hate him, he thought.

“We’re leaving now. ” Taeyang said in anger.

“No.” TOP shocked by his sudden decision. He didn’t like it, but he follow his instincts anyway.

“You don’t have to this.”

“Yes, I do.” TOP narrow his eyes. He will accept this fate and once the wedding is over he would destroy the elders one by one.

“But...I protest,” Taeyang said in panic.

“Don’t worry, Tae. I’m changing my plans.” Once this craps are over he will hide his bride far away. They will never set eyes on each other again and any evidence that he had been insults by the elders will be buried together, he thought firmly.