“Don’t make me regret it”

Runaway Bride

 

 

 

Seungri frown. So TOP has been married two years ago to Jaejoong.

Drop-dead handsome Jaejoong, the son of one of the powerful family in the tribe. He is the perfect bride for the prince because of their status while he is 360o their opposite. The wedding ceremony was very glamorous and has been held for 5 days. He was not invited to the ceremony of course but he had heard it from a conversation between his uncle and his cousin. 

But the shocking part TOP told him was he has sent his bride to the tribe on the last day of the wedding ceremony because he was not to his liking.

“The elders think that I’m too western. That’s why they gave me you.”

So he was sent to marry the prince as a punishment for the prince because he disrespect the tradition and humiliate the tribe.

TOP hesitate to continue when there no response from Seungri.

“Seungri, you need to trust me,” TOP know that he was asking a great deal from Seungri, but he can’t expect anything less from him.

Trust him. his a$$! He had dump his first bride before, why should he believe that this won’t do the same to him this time? And know the history has been repeated again. Although he might win against the tribe and probably suffer a mild punishment this time, but he on the other hand will completely be destroyed. There will be no life after this. His dream will be vanished.

Seungri still don’t move. He cautiously look at TOP’s eyes try to see if he can read his expression. Their eyes meet and tension rising between them.

After a several seconds, Seungri made a statement. “I will kill you if you lie to me” he said clenching his teeth.

Relief by the words, TOP grab Seungri’s wrist as he walk past him. “Stay at my side.”

Did he really believe him? He has no answer to that question. He hate this feeling. It makes him confuse as hell.

“Now follow my lead.” TOP gently clamp their fingers together as they walking.

“Don’t make me regret it.” Seungri refuse to look at TOP and keep his eyes straight ahead.

Seungri don’t have any other option but to lean his body closer to TOP. He feels that he don’t has enough energy to stand by himself. He can feel his legs wobbly and his body seems can’t obey his instincts that was screaming like a mad man at him to run.

When they reach the lift, Seungri’s body let out a protest and stop moving. He almost stumble when TOP gently push him as they step in inside the lift.

Seungri gulp for fresh air. He jump when he heard the lift doors shut. His heart was racing a thousand beats per second.

“Relax,” TOP said trying to cool him down.

Right. Relax. Seungri close his eyes and inhale a shaky breath. Is it worth to take a risk? He want but don’t want to trust TOP at the same time. Soon or later they always disappointed him. Betray him. Use him. Why should TOP be any different?

Seungri open his eyes and look nervously at TOP. “TOP?” His voice cracked.

But TOP did not hear him because the lift make a sound when it stop. This mean they have reach the ballroom. Seungri take a step back. He was not ready! He feels that his strength has leave him.

“It’s time to give your best performance.” TOP said while put a tight grip on his hand.

There are no way out.

Seungri take a very deep breath and as soon as the lift open, he step out and plaster a big fake smile on his face.

The lobby was quiet and empty, maybe their guests was already waiting inside the ballroom. As they walking Seungri could hear light music playing inside the hall.

“Seungri!”

No, no, no. Seungri’s smile frozen on his face immediately when he sees Hyunseung calling him. He doesn’t want to deal with his poisonous cousin. Not now. The last thing he need was for Hyunseung to give TOP additional reason to dump him.