fortytwo

Yes, I'm Hero
Index:
 
(BH) – Baekhyun speaking
(DO) – Kyungsoo speaking
(YJ) – Young Jae speaking
(DH) – Daehyun speaking
(BY) – Yongguk speaking
(V) – Taehyung speaking
(JU) – Jongup speaking
(K) – Jongin speaking
(Z) – Zelo speaking
(JI) – Jin speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“… Why are we locked in?” (K)
 
“… Don’t worry about it.” (JI)
 
“Is this one of your schemes to get laid?” (Z)
 
“What?! I’m not desperate enough to do something like that! What makes you even say it was me? I just happened to know that it was locked!” (JI) While they each went back and forth trying to figure out who had locked the cellar doors, Jongup stood off to the side, lost in his own little world. Since they weren’t exactly in any immediate danger, it hadn’t crossed his mind about the problems that would arise from being locked within the cellar. “Look! We’re locked in here and that’s that! We’re not in any danger, are we? We have food, we have electricity, and we even have a bathroom!” (JI)
 
“That’s not the point! We’re basically being held hostage!” (BH)
 
“Can’t we just break the lock?” (K)
 
“What? No! We shouldn’t do that!” (JI)
 
“Why not?” (Z) Jin cleared his throat a bit as he looked away, rubbing the back of his head in the process. Well, it wouldn’t hurt just to tell them what the truth was. After all, they would understand, right? He usually had pretty great judgment and they usually listened to them, so it would be a great idea just to tell them what was going on at the moment.
 
“Well… what if I told you that we’re supposed to be locked up here for our own safety?” (JI) Jin watched as his friends looked between one another with looks of doubt. Maybe it might not have been best to start out with something like that. It could cause panic, distress, maybe even violence. They weren’t as trusting as he was, so a different route might probably be better to go with. “Hah! I was kidding! It’s a game! The goal of the game is to see how long we can stand being locked up before one of us goes crazy. Simple, right? Hahaha…” (JI)
 
“… You’re on! Winner gets ten bucks.” (Z) Zelo grinned before making his way over towards the couch. Baekhyun and Jongin weren’t exactly sold by Jin’s explanation, but they decided to keep quiet about it before making their way to where Zelo was. Jin let out a relieved sigh as he ran a hand through his hair. He was surprised that it worked, but then again, why should he be surprised? His plans always work! He just needed to make sure that none of them actually went… well, crazy.
 
“Where’s Taehyung?” (JU) Jin instantly stiffened upon hearing Jongup’s question. His eyes slowly moved a bit, first focusing on the three males whom hadn’t heard Jongup’s question, before focusing on Jongup himself. Calming down a bit, Jin ran a number of scenarios through his head in an attempt to figure out what to say. Anything should work… right?
 
“He uh… went to go see his dermatologist about his uh… skin problem.” (JI)
 
“He has skin problems?” (JU) Jin could see the curious and rather concerned look on Jongup’s face, so he was glad that Jongup had fallen for his excuse. However, he was a little worried about what kind of skin problem Jongup was currently imagining up. It was probably best to calm it while… having just a little fun with it.
 
“Oh, yeeeahhh...! He has horrible acne all over his back and . Can you believe it? He needed to see his dermatologist at this very moment because, well… you know…! Bad acne can’t be held off for too long, right?” (JI) Jongup slowly nodded as Jin led Jongup towards everyone else. So far, everything seemed to be going rather well. As long as he played his cards right and made certain that everything went perfectly, then he wouldn’t have to worry about anyone going crazy.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Okay… Just go in and tell him that they were taken to a secluded area and locked away. No… that won’t work. He might know where to start looking. Tell him that they're on vacation…? No… It wouldn’t be convincing. Should I have even come back…?” (V) Taehyung had been standing outside the manor for quite some time, trying to figure out what he was going to say to Kyungsoo. It had to be something that would be convincing as well as satisfying. If he said anything wrong, then there was a huge chance that Kyungsoo would catch on. If that happened… well, Taehyung didn’t want to know what might happen to him and the others. Still… he had to protect them. He didn’t know why, but he was determined to do so.
 
“I can do this…” (V) Taking in a deep breath, Taehyung took a firm hold of the handle before turning it. When it barely budged, surprise and confusion replaced his nervousness as he began jiggling the door handle. “What the… Why won’t this open?!” (V)
 
After a few more jiggles of the handle, Taehyung immediately pulled his hands away as he heard the door’s locks turning. When the door opened from the inside, Taehyung stared at the servant, whom stared back at him with an equally confused look. When the servant cleared his throat, Taehyung quickly straightened himself out as the servant opened the door further. “Sir, is there a problem…?”
 
“Uh… no, no… No problem here. Uh… thank you for opening the door.” (V)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Why won’t he answer my calls…? Yongguk, can you connect to Zelo?” (DH) After another attempt at calling, Yongguk merely shook his head as he looked at his phone’s screen once more. Daehyun scratched the side of his head as he sent yet another text to Jongup’s phone. Yes, they were technically old enough to handle themselves, but Daehyun was used to Jongup telling him if he was going to stay out a little longer or not.
 
“Maybe they lost track of time.” (YJ)
 
“Maybe…” (DH) Sure, it was possible, but it was already one in the morning. Unless they were having a great time, Jongup should have been paying attention to the time. Still… he would have to just remain as calm as possible while he was around Young Jae. It wouldn’t do them any good if he ended up getting Young Jae worked up about it too, especially since an important test was coming up. “They probably just… uh… lost track of time. Yeah… I’ll just check up on his room in the morning. You should head on to bed, Young Jae. You have class tomorrow.” (DH)
 
“You sure…? I can stay up with you until Jongup gets back.” (YJ)
 
“Mm… Nah, it’s alright. Just go to bed. I’ll see you in the morning.” (DH) Young Jae felt like he should have stayed to keep Daehyun and Yongguk company, but he decided against it for the time being. As much as he would have loved to skip class, Young Jae knew better than to do something like that. So, after exchanging their good nights, Young Jae headed off to bed.
 
“I’m gonna head home, you know… in case Zelo’s there and he just forgot to turn his phone on or something…” (BY) Daehyun gave a brief nod before Yongguk went on his way. The second he was alone, Daehyun let out a heavy sigh as he turned and began making his way towards his room. He continuously looked down at his phone’s screen, hoping that he would receive a call or a text from someone that had news about Jongup.
 
Could anyone blame him for being so worried? His parents had died when he was younger and he couldn’t help but become paranoid about things like this. Plus, Jongup usually told him if he was going to be staying out later than usual. Jongup should’ve known how worried Daehyun usually got, so why wasn’t Jongup saying anything this time?
 
Turning the corner, Daehyun let out yet another sigh as he put his phone away. Maybe Jongup was just pulling an all nighter somewhere or he just fell asleep. Knowing Jin, he would have kept Jongup out for as long as possible… right? If he just heard anything about Jongup’s whereabouts, then maybe he wouldn’t have to worry too much about it.
 
Opening his door, Daehyun walked inside and closed the door behind him before making his way towards the bathroom. Maybe a nice shower would help keep him calm or something. He just needed to keep his mind off of things and hope for the best. They were all adults and as adults, they were each free to do whatever they wanted as long as it was legal. So… he just had to wait until tomorrow to see what Jongup had been up to.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Wake up.” (DO) Kyungsoo motioned his head towards the man before taking a step back. Taehyung walked up to the man as he got a better grip on the bucket of water that he was currently holding. Bringing the bucket back, he brought as much momentum as possible into his swing before letting the water splash against the man’s face. The man began coughing violently as his eyes flickered open. When his fit was done, he lifted his gaze a bit before narrowing his eyelids. “Ah… I see that you’re awake.” (DO)
 
“What the... What the hell do you want with me?! I already told you… I don’t know where the hell they are!” Kyungsoo shook his head in disapproval as he crouched down in front of the man. Taehyung kept to the side, keeping a stone cold look on his face as he watched Kyungsoo torture the man. Taehyung had framed the man for Jongup and Zelo’s disappearance and now, Kyungsoo was trying to get information from him. He knew that sooner or later, the man would end up dead from Kyungsoo’s torturing, but… if it meant throwing Kyungsoo off any sort of trail that might have been left, then he was willing to do it.
 
“Just tell me what you did with them and you can walk free. Simple. As. That.” (DO)
 
“I BURNED THEM, OKAY?! Now LET ME GO! Kyungsoo clicked his tongue a few times as he shook his head in disappointment. It was evident that he wasn’t going to get anywhere with this. Even if his once hired torturer really did kill them, there wouldn’t be much point to it anymore. This would just prove to bring about greater torment to Daehyun and Yongguk and in turn, cause Young Jae to feel the same way. So, regardless of whether he found out where Jongup and Zelo were, there was still a bit of joy to be had. Of course… the main question now was whether to let this man go or to simply get rid of him.
 
“Alright. You’ll be let go. Taehyung, the bow and arrow.” (DO)
 
“What…?!” The man began struggling as Taehyung went over to the table to pick up the bow and an arrow. As Taehyung approached, the man froze as his eyes locked onto the weapon that Kyungsoo now held. Kyungsoo turned the arrow here and there, examining the delicate wooden device before readying his bow. “What the hell are you doing?!”
 
“Simple. Taehyung.” (DO) From behind, Taehyung strapped an apple on top of the man’s head before moving off to the side. Kyungsoo smirked a little bit as he tilted his head a bit. “I will shoot this arrow from all the way back there annnd… if I hit the apple, you’re free to go. However, if I miss, well… most likely, you’re dead.” (DO)
 
“You… you bastard! How long have I been working for you?! Why the he-”
 
“Shh now.” (DO) Kyungsoo had put a single finger up to his lips before walking back a few steps. The man would have tried to struggle once more, but knocking over the apple meant most likely losing the only chance that would allow him his freedom. Sure, it was strapped on, but that didn't mean that it couldn't fall or slide off of the top of his head. “Now… stay still.” (DO)
 
Once the arrow was strung up, Kyungsoo positioned himself before he began aiming. Taehyung watched, as the man seemed to try and not seem as nervous as he really was. It was a first, considering the fact that the man tortured people for a living. He probably would have felt sorry for the guy, but for some reason… he couldn’t do so.
 
“Boom.” (DO) In that instant, Kyungsoo released the string, sending the arrow flying forward. Taehyung looked away in that instant as he heard the sound of the arrow piercing its intended target. Kyungsoo chuckled at Taehyung’s reaction as he lowered the bow to his side. “Headshot.” (DO)
 
After clearing his throat, Kyungsoo made his way over to the table before setting the bow on top of it. As he began fixing his cuffs, Kyungsoo looked over at Taehyung. A single brow rose as he saw that Taehyung had yet to move a single muscle. “Taehyung. Get this cleaned up.” (DO)
 
“… Yes sir…” (V) As Taehyung began to get things cleaned up, Kyungsoo took out his phone to make a few arrangements. He did watch Taehyung’s movements closely, but so far, he didn’t seem to be acting weird anymore. Maybe it had just been his imagination, so Kyungsoo merely shrugged it off as the person on the other side of the line finally picked up.
 
After all, why should he have to doubt Taehyung?
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Psst… Daehyun…? Are you sleeping?” (YJ) Young Jae carefully poked his head out from behind the door as he looked towards the bed. When he didn’t see a lump in the blanket, he looked over to where the source of light was currently coming from. Once he noticed the form of someone hunched over the table a bit, Young Jae let out a small sigh as he stepped into the room and closed the door behind him before making his way over to the person.
 
Once he was next to the person, Young Jae knelt down next to the person before looking carefully at the person’s face. Daehyun was currently peacefully sleeping, which made Young Jae feel a bit calmer for the man. Earlier, Daehyun had looked so worried and seemed to be trying his best to be keeping himself together that it ended up keeping Young Jae from falling asleep. “Daehyun…? You should move to the bed…” (YJ)
 
No response, but that wasn’t any surprise. Daehyun was sound asleep and Young Jae was speaking at hushed tones. Unless he began shaking Daehyun and speaking louder, there was no way that he would be able to wake Daehyun up. Though… he didn’t really want to wake him up. With how peaceful he looked now, Young Jae didn’t want to ruin anything.
 
Getting to his feet, Young Jae looked down at Daehyun’s hand to see that he was still holding onto his phone. Reaching forward, Young Jae carefully slipped the phone out of Daehyun’s hand before opening it up. A frown made itself apparent as he began looking through the number of phone calls and texts Daehyun had made. Young Jae wanted to help somehow, but he didn’t know how.
 
Maybe… he needed to make a few phone calls.
 
Putting the phone carefully down onto the table, he looked at Daehyun one last time before deciding to wake him up. As much as he didn’t want to disturb Daehyun’s slumber, he knew that Daehyun would be much more comfortable in his bed.
 
“Daehyun…? Wake up.” (YJ) Reaching forward a bit, Young Jae gently shook Daehyun’s shoulder as he continued to call out his name. It took a moment or so before Daehyun finally began to stir from his sleep. With just a few gentle nudges here and there, Daehyun finally opened his eyes before shooting up to a sitting position. For a moment, Daehyun stared sleepily at the wall in front of him before slowly turning his head towards Young Jae. “Uh…” (YJ)
 
“… Is it time for breakfast?” (DH) Young Jae stared, taken a bit off guard by the question, before slowly shaking his head. Daehyun nodded a bit as he turned his head back towards the wall. As soon as Daehyun began yawning, he got up to his feet before turning and heading towards his bed. Young Jae wanted to say something, but he was a little bit too interested in watching Daehyun sleepily make his way to bed.
 
Once Daehyun was successfully in bed and sound asleep, Young Jae rubbed the back of his neck as he tucked Daehyun’s chair underneath the open space of the table. Just as he reached for the table lamp, he stopped himself. Memories of the past just briefly flashed in his mind, specifically of Daehyun’s fear of the dark. With a small sigh, Young Jae pulled his hand away from the lamp before he began making his way towards the door.
 
Maybe his mom could help him…
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
Okay.
Uh… I have had writer’s block for a ridiculous amount of time…
So, I have decided that I will now end the chapters whenever it feels fit.
This way, chapters will potentially come out faster…
And this may help solve the writer’s block that I’ve been having for a while.
So… I apologize again for plenty of false hope that I may have bestowed.
And I also deeply apologize for making everyone wait so long!
 
So… Yeah.
I hope that everyone is enjoying the fanfic.
Comments are loved?
I love talking with everyone ;;
It's also nice to see how I can improve! ]]