thirtysix

Yes, I'm Hero
Index:
 
(DO) – Kyungsoo speaking
(YJ) – Young Jae speaking
(DH) – Daehyun speaking
(HC) – Himchan speaking
(BY) – Yongguk speaking
(HS) – Hyosung speaking
(V) – Taehyung speaking
(SJ) – Sungjong speaking
 (TF) – Tiffany speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A few taps of his foot showed that he was slowly losing his patience. After waiting about twenty minutes after the intended meeting time, could anyone blame him for becoming impatient? This was his only day off for this week and he wanted to utilize it as much as possible. After all, constantly making certain that idols looked nice wasn’t exactly an easy job.
 
Turning his wrist a bit, Himchan looked down at his watch before letting out an annoyed sigh. Where was Yongguk? It wasn’t like him to be late, but then again, it’s been a while since they’ve seen one another. Maybe Yongguk has just become much busier than before. It wouldn’t be much of a surprise, but Himchan would have at least appreciated it if Yongguk called him to explain the situation. Maybe if he had some news about what was happening, he wouldn’t be in this current state.
 
Just ten more minutes. That’s all Himchan was giving him. Any longer and he might not appreciate being made to wait like this. Well, he didn’t appreciate it to begin with, but he was at least willing to look the other way if Yongguk managed to make it within the time frame that he had set.
 
Well, now that he thought about it, he could have just as easily called Yongguk to see what was happening. It would have been fast and simple, but he preferred that the one that’s currently in trouble had to be the one to try and fix the situation. After all, he didn’t exactly want to pry into a situation that may or may not be acceptable for him to be prying into. For all he knew, Yongguk could be caring for a sick relative and their date had just simply slipped his mind. However, until Yongguk came to explain it himself, he wasn’t going to give Yongguk the benefit of the doubt.
 
Eight more minutes. Would that be enough time for Yongguk to get here? Probably not, but then again, Himchan has already waited for nearly half an hour now. Since Yongguk had decided for their date to be around lunchtime, Himchan hadn’t eaten anything yet. By now, he was pretty hungry and if he waited any longer, his stomach would make it much more obvious that he was hungry.
 
“Sorry I’m late.” (BY) Finally! Himchan turned around to see Yongguk just casually standing there with his hands in his pockets. Was that all he had to say? He wasn’t even going to explain his situation? Himchan was about to say something about it, but it seemed to have clicked in Yongguk’s head first. “Ah… I had to help a friend with something, but I’ll make it up to you. You haven’t eaten yet, right?” (BY)
 
“No… I haven’t.” (HC)
 
“Great. Then let’s go eat somewhere. I know a place that’s pretty good and cheap too.” (BY) Himchan nodded and thus, the two were off to start their date. Yongguk had it planned out in his head and hopefully, by the end of this; Himchan would be satisfied enough to want to have another date soon.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“You asked him… what?” (DO)
 
“Well, what did you expect me to do? His status changed and does it matter? You seem to only think about anyway. Would it matter if I give him some experience first?” (SJ)
 
“Tch… Useless.” (DO) Kyungsoo didn’t care for the , though it was a nice bonus. No. He wanted to see Young Jae suffer and if filming Daehyun having with someone else or falling for someone else wasn’t going to become a viable option, then that means that he was going to have to take a different approach. “Fine. We’ll go down a different path.” (DO)
 
“And the money?” (SJ)
 
“You’ll get the rest of the money when you complete your part of the deal. Is Young Jae suffering and in pain? No.” (DO) Sungjong smirked a bit as he leaned back in his seat. There were plenty of things he could say, but he decided to keep his mouth shut for the time being. After all, if he said anything, he might tug a sensitive string and end up without any money for this.
 
“Alright~ Have it your way. What do you want me to do?” (SJ) Kyungsoo leaned back in his seat before folding his arms. He looked at Taehyung, whom stared for a brief moment. When Kyungsoo nodded, Taehyung nodded in response before pulling up his bag and opening it up. Once he produced a manila folder, Taehyung placed it onto the table before sliding it over to Sungjong.
 
“We change tactics. Become more… aggressive.” (DO)
 
“Aggressive, eh?” (SJ) Sungjong held an amused smile on his face as he leaned back in his seat while looking through the folder. There were plenty of files on the people that Young Jae may be close to and whether or not it was helpful would soon be put to the test. “Alright. So…. Where do we start?” (SJ)
 
“I already know that we cannot touch Tiffany, so she is not on the list. However, Yongguk and Daehyun are high priorities. Hit those two and Young Jae will go down easily. However… because he’ll help them so easily, it would be better to build our way up. So… we hit smaller targets first to... stress him out.” (DO)
 
“Smaller targets…” (SJ) Sungjong smiled mischievously as he quickly looked through the files. He examined the names, but he knew exactly who he was looking for. After searching for less than a minute or so, Sungjong pulled out two files before setting them onto the table and flipping them over for Kyungsoo to see. “Jongup and Junhong. Daehyun and Yongguk’s brothers. Easiest people to target since they’ll do anything for them. Hit those two and Daehyun and Yongguk will go down easy. In fact, maybe a little physical treatment might do the trick.” (SJ)
 
“Physical treatment…?” (V)
 
“Secret.” (SJ) Sungjong instantly put a single finger up to his lips as he made a ‘shh’ sound. With a sly wink, Sungjong put his hand back down before he looked back over at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo seemed to understand what Sungjong meant by physical treatment and although it was quite tempting, he wasn’t necessarily certain if this was the way to go. Okay, yes, he had no problem doing something like this, but that involved much more planning.
 
“Alright. We’ll see what can be come up with.” (DO) Sungjong chuckled with delight as he leaned forward in his seat. He reached forward, taking the time to use one hand to point at Jongup’s age, then Junjong’s age. Kyungsoo looked at it for a moment, but when it clicked, his gaze turned toward Taehyung, whom did not like the look he was currently receiving. “Taehyung… it seems that we may need a bit of… infiltration.” (DO)
 
“I know of… a few people that come to mind for th-” (V)
 
“No. Let me make this clear. You, Taehyung, will go in and befriend Jongup and Junhong. Then… when they’ve trusted you enough, I will tell you the next step.” (DO) Taehyung mentally sighed, but he gave a nod. Why hasn’t he quit yet? Was the money really worth the trouble that he’s had to go through for this? Just a little longer. If it got anymore worse than this, then he would have to quit. Though… with what he knows…
 
Would he be able to quit?
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Okay! Let’s try this again. What are you going to say when you see him?” (TF)
 
“I would like for you to go out with me.” (HS)
 
“Good! Taking the initiative can sometimes get a man to fall head over heels for you.” (TF) Hyosung nodded, feeling even more determined than ever to win Daehyun over. If things didn’t go well, then that was alright, but she wanted to at least give it a shot. After all, with Tiffany already getting married and everyone else around her already having boyfriends or girlfriends, it was somewhat making her jealous. “Okay… from what I heard, Daehyun lives here now. So you can probably just come over and see him whenever you want.” (TF)
 
“Eh?! By myself?! I don’t think so.” (HS) Tiffany sighed, but she rung the doorbell regardless. She wasn’t going to be able to always support Hyosung like this, so sooner or later, Hyosung was going to have to start doing things on her own. Of course… sometimes it would become problematic if she did do things on her own and something were to happen, but that would have to wait until that actually happened.
 
Soon enough, the double doors opened and one of the servants appeared at the doorway. They looked at Tiffany and Hyosung for a moment before bowing and greeting them. Once they stepped to the side, Tiffany and Hyosung entered the mansion before the servant closed the doors. “Is Daehyun here today?” (TF)
 
“Daehyun? Oh, yes. I believe he is. Shall I fetch him?”
 
“Yes, thank you.” (TF) Once the servant was off, Tiffany and Hyosung made their way into the sitting room before taking their seats on the couches. As they waited, Hyosung quickly began making last minute preparations. Tiffany thought about doing the same, but she didn’t necessarily need to try and impress anyone. After all, she was here to support Hyosung, not steal her potential boyfriend away.
 
“Do you think he’ll accept?” (HS)
 
“Hm? Oh, uh… We’ll just have to wait and see.” (TF) Hyosung sighed as she leaned back in her seat, closing her compact mirror in the process. She had hoped for a more reassuring answer, but that was probably the most truthful one at the time being. After all, they didn’t know where the situation would lead. All they could do was hope for the best.
 
A minute or so had passed before Daehyun finally made it to the sitting room. He still wasn’t used to this house, but somehow, he had managed to make his way around. As he stepped into the room, he paused for a moment as he saw the back of the girl’s heads. He had been wondering about what they wanted after being informed of their arrival, but he had a bit of an idea at the moment. Taking in a deep breath, Daehyun put a small smile on as he slowly made his way around the couches. “Good afternoon! It’s good to see you two.” (DH)
 
“Ah! Hello!” (HS) Hyosung quickly jumped up to her feet, her cheeks almost instantly giving away her embarrassment as she slightly bowed her head in greeting. Had Tiffany not pulled her attention slightly, Hyosung might have started a conversation without really focusing on why they were actually there. Clearing a bit and recomposing herself, Hyosung put on a slightly nervous smile as she tightened her grip on her purse. “Daehyun, I uh… I have some business with you.” (HS)
 
“Me? Why?” (DH)
 
“Yes, well… why indeed.” (HS) Hyosung was starting to feel her nerves starting to kick in. Yes, she was a drama major and even when she had roles that had the most pressure on them, she was definitely not as nervous as she was now. Taking in a deep breath, Hyosung tried to keep herself calm as she quickly rolled her thoughts around to make sure they were correct. “Well, you see… I’ve come to ask you out on a date.” (HS)
 
“A… date.” (DH)
 
“Yes, a date. I… find you rather attractive and I would like to see if we are compatible enough.” (HS) Daehyun rubbed the back of his neck as he looked off to the side a bit. He didn’t necessarily know how to tell Hyosung that he wasn’t interested, but it should be fine if he just bluntly said that he wasn’t into women, right? After all, if she only found him attractive, then there wouldn’t really be any emotional attachments involved… right?
 
“I… don’t think that’ll work.” (DH)
 
“Okay! I understand!” (HS) Hyosung had a determined look on her face as she slightly bowed her head before she turned and began walking. Tiffany watched for a brief moment, confused about Hyosung’s actions, before she waved her hand a bit and quickly followed after Hyosung. Daehyun scratched the side of his arm, a bit curious as to what was currently running in Hyosung’s head, but he decided against questioning it.
 
Best to leave it at that and hope for the best.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Okay! Since he’s crossed off the list, let’s go for the next one.” (HS) Tiffany sighed as she shook her head. The second they had gotten into the car, Hyosung had pulled out a piece of paper and a pencil from her purse before crossing Daehyun’s name off. “Okay… next is that guy from the party.” (HS)
 
“Didn’t he reject you?” (TF)
 
“Not THAT guy! The other guy! I don’t remember his name.” (HS) Tiffany smiled as she rolled her eyes before looking out the window. Well, at least her friend has enthusiasm. It was important to find someone that she would possibly truly love that would hopefully love her back. “So, why do you think Daehyun wasn’t interested?” (HS)
 
“Hm? Oh, um… maybe you’re not his type.” (TF) Hyosung nodded, though maybe there was more to it. She was super cute, fashionable, and she was at least average with her grades. Did he already have a crush on someone else? Maybe he already had a girlfriend. Well, it didn’t matter. All that she knew was that he wasn’t interested and it was time to move on.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“If you want a taste, just say so.” (HC)
 
“No, I’m good.” (BY)
 
“No, you’re not. Just give it a if you really want to taste it.” (HC)
 
“No… I’m fine.” (BY)
 
“If you won’t mine, then let me yours. I’m curious how it tastes. (HC) Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows a bit as he looked down at the objects in question. They had gotten some ice cream after eating lunch and now, Yongguk was curious how Himchan’s ice cream tasted. While he got his usual strawberry flavored ice cream, Himchan had gotten green tea flavor. It was tempting to Himchan’s ice cream, but he had thought it too awkward to do so. That thought had instantly gone out the window though when Himchan demanded to his. In turn, Yongguk wanted to try Himchan’s even more now. Though... as he thought abut it, Yongguk did question how Himchan hadn't tried strawberry flavored ice cream yet. “What? You really want to mine, right?” (HC)
 
“… Just a little…” (BY) Himchan let out a sigh as he leaned in a little closer to Yongguk. Using his free arm, Himchan raised Yongguk’s arm a bit before interlocking the arm closest to Yongguk around his arm. Yongguk quickly understood what Himchan had in mind as a brief smirk showed up on his face. “Pretty smart.” (BY)
 
“Is it? Well, now we can both have a taste of each other.” (HC) Yongguk looked at Himchan, whom stared back at him after realizing where he had ended his sentence. Yongguk raised a single brow as he briefly glanced at their ice creams before looking back at Himchan.
 
“You are… talking about the ice cream… right?” (BY)
 
“Y-Yeah… What did you think I was talking about?” (HC)
 
“… Nothing.” (BY)
 
“… You’re a ert.” (HC) Himchan reached up and flicked Yongguk’s head before leaning in and having a taste of Yongguk’s ice cream. Yongguk had a slightly annoyed look on his face, but when he looked at Himchan, Yongguk couldn’t help but smile slightly. When Himchan turned his head to look at Yongguk, Yongguk quickly looked away, pretending to be interested in something else. “Well? Are you going to try my ice cream or not?” (HC)
 
“No. I’m fine with how we are now.” (BY) Himchan shook his head before looking forward once more. This was an odd date, but it was the kind of date that he’s been looking forward to for a while. Actually, he’s been waiting since they were children back at the Orphanage. He may not have known it then, but Himchan had quite the crush on Yongguk. It was a little weird before, but now, Himchan was quite content with his current situation. “So what else do you wanna do?” (BY)
 
“I thought you had the entire thing planned out.” (HC)
 
“What gave you that idea?” (BY)
 
“Your personality. You like to show off.” (HC) Yongguk chuckled a bit as he ate a bit of his ice cream. It was true that he did have the entire date planned out, but he wanted to see if there was anything specific that Himchan wanted to do first. After all, it wouldn’t do him well if he didn’t ask Himchan’s opinion on what he felt like doing. “Well? Was I right?” (HC)
 
“Maybe.” (BY) Himchan knew that he wasn’t going to be getting a straight answer from Yongguk, so he was going to have to wait and see what Yongguk had in store for their date. Of course… he was already impressed that Yongguk may have had something planned. Just that lunch alone would have had Himchan stumped as to what they would do next, so in a way, it was a bit touching that Yongguk was putting so much effort into their date.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Standing there in front of a room that wasn’t his own, Young Jae was feeling nervous about the whole thing. Yes, he could just go in, do whatever he intended to do, then get going, but his chances of getting caught were rather high. Still, he felt like it needed to be done while both Daehyun and Jongup were out buying groceries for the second floor kitchen. Taking in a deep breath, Young Jae turned the doorknob before pushing open the door and stepping inside.
 
It had been a couple of hours since Daehyun and Jongup moved in, but from what he could remember, Daehyun had taken the time to unpack everything before he went out. So, that meant that he would be able to sneak a few peeks here and there to see what Daehyun needed. Okay, so he was technically being erted or creepy or a stalker if one wanted to go that far, but this was for Daehyun’s own good! Young Jae felt like he hadn’t done enough to help Daehyun out, so what better way to help him than to get him stuff that he was lacking? Of course… he could always just pay Daehyun a little extra since he hired Daehyun as his own personal chef, but he was still thinking about it.
 
Walking up to Daehyun's dresser, Young Jae looked around to make sure that he was definitely alone before he began looking through the drawers. So far, it seemed like Daehyun didn’t own that much clothing. Some of his clothes were worn, most likely from constant use, which probably meant that Daehyun wore the same outfits every two or three weeks. It was a bit of a surprise for Young Jae, since he was now used to wearing the same outfit every three or four months, but he did understand a bit how hard it was. After all, he didn’t exactly start out rich either.
 
With a small nod, Young Jae pulled a piece of paper and a pencil from his blazer’s pocket before unfolding it and writing down ‘clothes’. Setting down the paper and pencil, Young Jae made his way back up towards the smaller drawers. The second he opened them both, his face turned a little red as he saw the neatly folded underwear that had been stored away in one of the drawers. At first glance, they all appeared to be the same kind of underwear, but as he began to rummage through it a little, it seemed like Daehyun had a variety to choose from. Well, at least he knew that Daehyun was set in the underwear department.
 
Closing the drawers, Young Jae quickly looked around before making his way over to Daehyun’s closet. Opening it up, Young Jae flipped the light switch for the closet before stepping in. A few ‘tsks’ escaped from Young Jae as he saw the lack of clothing that was currently being hanged. From what he could see, Daehyun owned about two or three sweaters, two coats, a blazer, a bunch of button-up shirts, and what he assumed was a tuxedo since it was in a garment bag. He was certain now that Daehyun definitely needed more clothes, specifically during the wintertime. Of course, summertime would be approaching soon, so that could probably wait until later. Well, he could always just get Daehyun clothes for every kind of occasion. That would work, would it not? Plus, with his mother’s company, it would be relatively easy to get clothes that would fit Daehyun well.
 
Though, now that he thought about it… didn’t Daehyun usually wear a uniform when he worked? It would at least explain why Daehyun didn’t have much variety in his clothes at least. Well, that didn’t matter now. Yes, he could make Daehyun wear a uniform, but why bother? There wasn’t really much of a uniform that he found interesting and it wasn’t required anyway, so there wasn’t a point.
 
Looking around a little more, the only things he saw were the luggages and the folded up boxes that Daehyun had used to move here. Since Daehyun didn't have that much, the items that he did have in the closet made the closet feel much bigger than it should have been. Of course, Young Jae would quickly change that up very soon.
 
Stepping out of the closet, Young Jae quickly looked around before flicking the light switch off. Maybe this obsession- Wait. Why was this suddenly an obsession? If anything, this was just him being a concerned friend that wanted to help out. He was going to do the same for Jongup. He just happened to have chosen to look through Daehyun’s things first, that was all. There was nothing wrong with wanting to help someone out, right?
 
Nodding a bit to himself, Young Jae made his way back over to the dresser before taking his paper and pencil off of it. Looking around for another moment or so, Young Jae quickly made his way over to the vanity. Sitting on the stool, Young Jae began looking through Daehyun’s jewelry, hats, and hygiene products.
 
He shook his head here and there, unimpressed by Daehyun’s lack of items. From what he has counted so far, Daehyun only had a beanie and a cap in terms of headwear. When it came to jewelry, Daehyun only had a bracelet and a necklace or two. Otherwise, he was lacking in terms of accessories. At least his hygiene products were being kept up to date. Okay, so not all of his products were here, considering the fact that Daehyun had his own bathroom and he hadn’t gone to check there yet. But, from what he could see, Daehyun did at least have deodorant, cologne, and a comb. That was good enough, right?
 
Still, Young Jae went to adding a few more things to the list. He was just not satisfied with what Daehyun was able to afford and he was determined to fix that. Though, maybe there were still some things hidden away within the vanity drawers. Should he even check the drawers that the bed had? There were just so many places that Daehyun could store his things, but Young Jae doubted he had much to begin with. After all, his dresser had plenty of space for more clothes. That should be an indicator as to how much stuff Daehyun owned.
 
Of course… it didn’t hurt to look.
 
Taking advantage of the time he had, Young Jae began rummaging through the rest of Daehyun’s drawers before making his way over to the drawers that the bed currently held. Whatever he found, he made certain to leave it exactly how it had been before he touched it. Of course, there was one specific item that caught Young Jae’s attention.
 
“What’s this…?” (YJ) Young Jae picked up something that seemed similar to a flashlight or one of those tall soup containers. He didn’t understand why Daehyun would have a soup container in one of his bed’s drawers, so maybe it was a flashlight? Though, upon further inspection, he didn’t see a button that would normally turn the flashlight on, so what could it be?
 
Raising the container up to his ear, Young Jae shook it a bit to see if there was anything inside. From what he could hear, there didn’t seem to be anything in it. Of course… after shaking it a bit, he was certain that there had to be something inside of it. The contents felt almost jelly like and it was definitely just one thing in there. Would it be alright to snoop just a little further?
 
Turning it here and there, it took a moment for Young Jae to figure out how to open the container. With the lid now off, he set the lid down before looking at what was being exposed to him. At first, Young Jae didn’t quite understand. It was clear and didn’t seem to have a definite shape at first. Poking it a few times, Young Jae could tell right away that it was definitely soft. It kind of seemed to draw him in somehow and he didn’t quite get why just yet.
 
Sliding his finger along the smooth form, Young Jae quickly spotted the hole in the middle. Furrowing his eyebrows a bit, his curiosity forced him to slide his finger up to the hole. He prodded it at first, making certain that it wasn’t home to some sort of creature that could potentially bite his finger off. However, when it was deemed safe, Young Jae had begun to stick his finger into the hole when his eyes widened with realization. Instantly, Young Jae pulled his finger back out and quickly closed the container back up before placing it back into the drawer and shutting it. His face was deeply red with embarrassment after taking so long to realize what the object may have been, but he had to ignore it and move on.
 
Still… he just touched something that Daehyun most likely touched intimately. How was he supposed to stay focused after realizing something like that?! No. There was no way he was going to be able to do so without getting caught at this point. It was best to take whatever notes he had now and get going.
 
Clearing his throat, Young Jae got to his feet before he began making his way towards the door. His mind was still on the mental image of Daehyun having his alone time and it was driving him insane. This couldn’t be happening, right? It was just some sort of hoax or something! That object that he had just touched just HAPPENED to look like those sort of adult toys that he’s seen before. Yeah, that had to be it! There was no way that Daehyun would have something like that, right? After all, it cost money! Why would he spend money on something like that when it was already difficult for him to get by? Right? RIGHT?!
 
BAM!
 
Young Jae stumbled backwards a bit before holding his forehead. He had been far too lost in his thoughts that in the process, he ended up walking straight into the door. He grit his teeth a bit as he rubbed his forehead before making his way out of Daehyun’s bedroom. Well, at least that was able to snap him out of his erse thoughts, but for now, he had more pressing matters to tend to.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
Sorry for taking so long >.<
Ironically, I lost interest in writing this fanfic.
HOWEVER, with a bit of adjusting in the storyline…
I have regained my interest and am going a different path of what I had in mind. X3
So, hopefully things go well >3<
 
Comments are loved!
I love talking with everyone. X3
It’s also nice to know how I’m doing with each chapter. -/nod- ]]