three

Yes, I'm Hero

Index:

(WH) - Woohyun speaking
(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(HC) - Himchan speaking
(SJ) - Sungjong speaking
(SH) - Seohyun speaking
(JU) - Jongup speaking
(SU) - Sunny speaking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a bright day today. The sun was shining, the wind was gently blowing its silent melody, and nature itself seemed to dance melodically along with the wind’s kind music. Nothing was completely set in stone, but today definitely seemed like a good day. After all, if nature itself was showing such a calm and accepting surrounding, why would anything go bad?

“Mommy! Look! I-I got you a really pretty flower..” (YJ) Young Jae smiled happily as he held the flower up towards his mother. It was definitely the most prettiest flower he had seen and he felt like he most definitely had to pick it for his mom. After all, this was his first outing with both of his parents and he wanted to impress his mommy with the most prettiest flower in the whole, wide, universe!

However, his mother did not seem all that impressed with it. In fact, she had a clear look of disgust as she quickly slapped the flower out of Young Jae’s hand. Young Jae quickly flinched away, tears forming in his eyes as he looked down at the poor flower before looking up at his mom. “Don’t bring me anything. Do you understand me? I don’t need to receive wild flowers from you.”

“B-But..” (YJ)

“Don’t talk back to your mother! GO!” Placing her hands on Young Jae’s shoulders, she turned him around before slapping the poor boy’s bottom roughly. Young Jae let out a cry as he jumped forward, practically running for his life as tears easily streamed down his face. He didn’t know where he was going, but he knew that he wanted to find someplace safe.

Coming to a stop behind one of the many trees he had passed, Young Jae crouched down as he began to loudly wail to himself. He had wanted to impress his mommy, to make sure that she really did love him the way he had envisioned it. However.. it just seemed like she had gotten mad over the flower.

Had he done something wrong? Had he given her the wrong kind of flower? Young Jae just didn’t understand, but.. he knew that he had to have done something wrong for her to have gotten mad like that. He hadn’t imagined that his mommy would get mad like that, but... he knew that he had to behave like a good boy and try to do whatever it was that she told him to do. After all..

Young Jae truly wanted to hear his mommy tell him that she loved him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Big brother Jae!” (JU) Young Jae looked up from his seat as his eyes came into contact with Jongup, whom was now running towards him. Jongup was smiling happily as he quickly fell to his knees next to Young Jae, his eyes looking down at what he was holding before looking up at Young Jae. “Lookie! Lookie! I got lots and lots of pretty flowers! Do you wanna get pretty flowers too? Please? Please please please get pretty flowers too! I think Daehyun wants flowers from you too.” (JU)

Young Jae looked down at the straw basket that was practically almost filled to the brim with flowers of all kinds. They truly were really pretty, but.. he hesitated. Young Jae really wanted to go pick flowers with Jongup and Seohyun, but he just wasn’t sure. Would he get hit again? Would his mommy disapprove? If he kept doing what she told him to do, would she come back for him?

“Young Jae? Are you alright?” (SH) Seohyun came walking up to the pair, holding her own straw basket as well as an empty one. She looked down at Young Jae as she tucked the hair on her left side behind her ear. She was clearly worried, considering Young Jae had both a look of hope and sadness on his face. If he was sick or hurt, then they had to go back to Mister Kim so that he could help Young Jae feel better.

“Mm.. I-I... I’m okay. But.. mm... I-Is it okay if I.. pick flowers too? I-I won’t get.. hurt?” (YJ) Seohyun frowned a bit as she crouched down, gently placing her bare knees on the ground before looking up at Young Jae. She didn’t understand why Young Jae would think that he would get hurt, but she wanted to make sure that Young Jae felt safe and happy. It wasn’t any fun at all if Young Jae always felt insecure about everything they did.

“You won’t get hurt! It’s really fun getting flowers. You like flowers too, right?” (SH) Young Jae thought for a brief moment before nodding. Seohyun smiled once more as she took the empty basket off of her arm and held it out towards Young Jae. “Here! You and Mister Buttons can pick lots of pretty flowers with us then!” (SH)

“Yea! Big brother Jae and and Mister Bear can get flowers with us!” (JU) Jongup jumped to his feet as he cheered. He began walking around in a circle, continuing his cheers as he fist pumped the air from time to time. If it hadn’t been all that clear to the other two, Jongup was attempting to mimic those in a marching band.

“O-Okay.. I-I’ll pick flowers too then.” (YJ) Young Jae smiled as he took hold of the basket. Pushing himself up to his feet, he followed Seohyun and Jongup over to where the many growing flowers were located. Crouching down, Young Jae smiled a little more happily as he began picking one flower after another. Maybe... it really was okay to pick flowers as long as he didn’t get any for his mommy. That way, his mommy won’t get mad at him.. right?

Quickly, his thoughts were disrupted once his eyes landed on a certain flower that was practically calling out to him. He shuffled over to it, his hands slowly reaching down as he grabbed hold of the flower by its stem and pulled. He smiled happily, the look in his eyes softening as he examined the flower closely before holding it to Mister Buttons.

“Look Mister Buttons...! This one’s yellow and white! I-I think Daehyun will like it lots..” (YJ) Young Jae turned a bit red as he gave an embarrassed smile, raising Mister Buttons a bit in an attempt to hid his smile. He really couldn’t wait to see the look on Daehyun’s face once he saw the pretty flower. He also really hoped that.. Daehyun would like it.

“I wanna see! I wanna see!” (JU) Jongup quickly shuffled over to Young Jae, nearly colliding into Young Jae as he came to a stop. His eyes widened as he examined the flower in awe, coming in a little too closely to the flower before looking up at Young Jae. “I think big brother Daehyun will like it lots! He likes you lots, so he’ll like the flower too!” (JU)

“H-He likes me lots..? B-But.. why?” (YJ) Jongup blinked a few times as he pulled away a bit. He thought for a moment before shrugging, his head turning here and there as he tried to find more flowers.

“I don’t know. I just know he looks lots more happier when he’s with you.” (JU) Getting to his feet, Jongup went back to the spot he had been at before. Young Jae frowned slightly as he sat on the ground. He played with the stem of the flower a bit, his eyes remaining glued to the flower as he went back to thinking. Why did Daehyun like him? He really wanted to know, but if Jongup didn’t know then.. maybe he should just ask Daehyun.

Just as he placed the flower gently into the basket, Young Jae let out a gasp of pain as he felt his head being pulled back roughly. He shut his eyes tightly, whining in pain as he tried his best to endure the tug on his hair. “Picking flowers like a girl! Young Jae’s a girl!” (SJ)

“L-Let go!” (YJ) Young Jae would have tried to pry Sungjong’s hand away from his head, but he didn’t want to let go of either the straw basket or Mister Buttons. He was worried that Sungjong would have tried to take either one of these important things, so there was no way that he was going to let them go now.

“Or what? You’re just a crybaby girl!” (SJ) Sungjong laughed as he tugged even harder on Young Jae’s hair, causing Young Jae to cry out in pain as tears threatened to release itself. Still, Young Jae only tightened his grip on his items as he bit his bottom lip in an attempt to bite back any sort of pained moans that wanted to make itself known.

“L-Let go of big brother Jae you poopy heads!” (JU) Jongup had dropped his basket of flowers by now and he was now charging at Sungjong at full speed. However, Yongguk had stepped out from where he had been waiting and once Jongup was close enough, Yongguk pushed the poor boy off to the side, causing him to trip and fall over. Tears began to form in Jongup’s eyes as he looked up angrily at Yongguk, even if he knew that he was no match. Still.. he had to try something. Daehyun would do everything he could to save Young Jae, so he had to do the same!

Getting to his feet, Jongup wiped his eyes with his arms before he charged again, but Yongguk only repeated his action. This time, Seohyun had finally gathered up the courage to do something as she ran up to Jongup before sitting next to the boy. Seohyun quickly examined him, placing her hands on Jongup before she looked up angrily at the two, whom only seemed to either stare blankly back or smile smugly. “You two aren’t very nice! Why are you doing this? J-Just.. Just leave us alone!” (SH)

“Us? I was only playing with Young Jae! I don’t wanna play with you two. You’re too boring.” (SJ) Sungjong tugged on Young Jae’s hair once more before throwing the poor boy to the ground. As Sungjong straddled a now crying Young Jae, Jongup got to his feet once more as he charged once again. Sadly, Yongguk had gotten in his way once again, forcing Jongup to become frustrated and cry out in response.

LEAVE HIM ALONE!” (JU) Jongup pounded the ground as he kicked his feet in a tantrum. He didn’t like that they weren’t being nice and he really just didn’t know what to do anymore. It was even worse because no one was there to protect them. Even Seohyun didn’t have her slingshot with her!

Speaking of which, Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows as she looked around. She needed to do something, ANYTHING, to help Young Jae. She hated not being able to do something, but without her slingshot, it proved to be difficult to be able to help him. So... she did the one thing that she could do.

Picking up the nearby stick, she shakily got to her feet as she held the stick in both hands. Yongguk raised a single brow as he folded his arms, looking at the stick that Seohyun was currently holding. Before he could say or do anything, Jongup took the opportunity and began running out of frustration this time, charging and successfully tackling Yongguk to the ground. With Yongguk busy, Seohyun ran forward as she raised the stick over her head.

One she was close enough to Sungjong, she swung the stick downwards as hard as she could, successfully hitting Sungjong on his shoulder. Sadly, since it wasn’t necessarily the strongest stick in the world, it broke on impact. It did hurt Sungjong quite a bit, considering he let out a loud gasp of pain before stumbling away from the two while holding his shoulder. However, it didn’t seem to be enough to scare the boy away.

Sungjong stared angrily at Seohyun, whom was now staring back at him in fear while still clutching the broken stick. Her hands shook as Sungjong slowly walked up to her, but she still held the broken stick tightly in her hands.

As she raised the stick in an attempt to throw it at Sungjong, Sungjong quickly ran forward before smacking Seohyun with the back of his hand. Seohyun fell over, her arm keeping her from completely colliding with the ground as she tried to collect her thoughts. Before she could do so though, a swift kick to her stomach sent her onto her back before she rolled onto her side while gasping for air. Tears fell down her face as she held her stomach, trying her best to calm her breathing.

As she writhed there in pain, Sungjong smirked as he turned to see Yongguk now pinning Jongup to the ground. Jongup was also crying, merely out of frustration since he couldn’t move nor do anything at that moment.

Turning back to look at Young Jae, he held his smirk as he saw the terrified look in Young Jae’s eyes. Bending down a bit, Sungjong made it seem like he was about to punch the poor boy. Out of mere reflex, Young Jae moved Mister Buttons in front of himself in an attempt to protect himself. Sadly, that was what Sungjong had anticipated.

Instead of punching Young Jae, he successfully swiped Mister Buttons out of Young Jae’s grasp before taking a few steps back to keep Young Jae from taking it back. Sungjong grinned as he examined the bear a bit before his eyes looked back up at Young Jae. “I think I’ll take this stupid bear of yours if you won’t play with me.” (SJ)

“G-.. Give him back! He’s mine!” (YJ)

“No! Why should I?! He’s mine now and I’m gonna rip him to pieces!” (SJ)

NO!” (YJ) Stumbling forward, Young Jae tried desperately to retrieve his poor bear. His eyes were wide and they remained glued on his best friend. He could hear Mister Buttons calling out for help, calling out for him to save him from the bad guy. However, as he reached Sungjong, Sungjong had turned and tripped Young Jae, sending the poor boy to collide with the dirt below.

With a small chuckle, Sungjong turned and began walking as he held Mister buttons in a headlock of sorts. “Come on, Yongguk. We have a new toy to play with..” (SJ)

With a flick to Jongup’s head, Yongguk got to his feet before he began following after Sungjong. Young Jae pushed himself up a bit, ignoring the pain that he felt as he just barely caught a glimpse of Sungjong and Yongguk disappearing behind a few trees.

His arms shook, heck, his whole body shook, as tears continued to roll down his cheeks. Slowly pushing himself up to a sitting position, he sat there for a moment before he began crying out loud. He hated them so much. Why were they being mean to him? He didn’t do anything to them and they were acting like this! Young Jae.. really wished his daddy was here right now.

“Don’t cry..” (SH) Seohyun frowned as she sat next to Young Jae, rubbing his back in an attempt to console him. Jongup crawled up to them, sniffling a bit as he soon sat next to Young Jae before he began crying out loud with him. Seohyun looked away for a moment, trying to keep herself from joining them before looking back at them. “Come on.. don’t cry. We just.. We have to tell Daehyun! H-He’ll help..” (SH)

Seohyun was certain that Daehyun would be able to help them. He had always had the ability to somehow make things right. Wiping the wet trails that her tears had left on her cheeks, she slowly got to her feet as she began walking around to where their things were practically scattered. Coming to a stop, she picked up her headband and placed it back on top of her head before she began walking once more. “Come on.. Let’s get our flowers and go to Daehyun.” (SH)

Picking up their disheveled baskets of flowers, she looked over to the two and smiled a bit as she saw that they had calmed down a little bit. Walking back up to them, she held out their baskets to each one of them as she crouched down to eye level. “Let’s go! You wanted to give Daehyun a flower, right? It can be a reward! People give rewards to heroes too, right?” (SH)

Young Jae sniffled as he wiped his face a bit. He thought on the question for a moment before nodding. Slowly getting to his feet, he took hold of his basket of flowers as he watched Jongup do the same. “O-Okay... I-I wanna.. go.. to Daehyun now..” (YJ)

Looking down at his basket, he sniffled a bit as he saw that most of his flowers had stayed in the basket. Even the really pretty and important flower was still in there. Seohyun had to be telling the truth, right? Daehyun would make things all better and he would even save Mister Buttons from the bad guy.

The hero always made things better...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once they were back at the orphanage, Young Jae had begun crying all over again once he was back in his room. He sat there on the bed with Seohyun rubbing his shoulders as Jongup went to look for Daehyun. Seohyun did try her best to console Young Jae after cleaning him up a bit, but there was only so much she could do when something so precious was taken from him.

Once his bedroom door opened though, Young Jae instantly got up from his seat as he ran forward and wrapped his arms around Daehyun’s waist. Falling to his knees, Young Jae buried his face into Daehyun’s shirt as he shook his head.

Daehyun looked down in surprise before frowning a bit. Raising his hands a bit, he placed his hands on the back of Young Jae’s head as he softly ran his fingers through his hair. “Please stop crying, Young Jae... Tell me what happened.” (DH)

It took a few minutes, but once Young Jae had finally calmed down enough and was back to sitting on the bed alongside Seohyun and Jongup, all three of them began explaining the situation all at one time. Daehyun looked from one person to another in mere confusion before raising his hands a bit. “W-Woah! Only one please! I-It’s really hard to listen!” (DH)

Seohyun and Jongup both went quiet as they looked at Young Jae. Young Jae took in a deep breath before he began explaining everything. Daehyun nodded here and there, his own sadness being displayed whenever he listened to Young Jae explaining the parts whenever either one of the three had gotten hurt.

Once Young Jae was finished, Daehyun rubbed the back of his head out of frustration before placing his hands on his hips. He kept his eyes on Young Jae as he grinned a bit. “I’ll get Mister Buttons back! I’ll make sure he is safe and together! He won’t ever be in pieces.” (DH)

Turning, he began walking with Woohyun following behind. Young Jae watched until the two were gone before looking down towards the ground. He was worried, not only for Mister Buttons, but also for Daehyun. Daehyun might get hurt and he didn’t want that to happen. He didn’t want anymore bad things to happen.

Jongup quickly got to his feet as he began running after them. Young Jae and Seohyun merely watched though, a bit confused as to why Jongup was following them. However, they remained in their seats as Seohyun attempted to distract Young Jae somehow. She wanted to make sure that Young Jae didn’t continue thinking about what was happening. That’s what her parents did, so she had to do the same thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The room was filled with one child’s maniacal laughter as the sounds of ripping and tearing attempted to blend in with it. Although he was having fun ruining the poor bear, the other children seemed to be a bit disturbed by his actions. Despite the fact that they wanted to say something, they remained silent due to the possibility that all that pent up energy could be turned towards them.

That laughter was soon cut short as the door swung open, slamming into whatever happened to block its path. Once the sound had died down, Daehyun stepped in as he looked from one child to another before his eyes landed on a surprised looking Sungjong. Why should he be surprised? The hero always makes sure to go after the villain in order to save the hostage!

Once he came to a stop in the middle of the room, he stuffed his hands into his pockets before tilting his head to the side a bit. Daehyun and Sungjong glared at one another, the tension slowly rising between the two before Sungjong smirked happily. He leaned forward a bit, a clearly amused look on his face as he placed one elbow on his knee. “Ah, Daehyun! What are you doing here?” (SJ)

“I want Mister Buttons back.” (DH) Daehyun tilted his head back to its normal position as he remained glaring at Sungjong. Even as Woohyun, Himchan, Sunny, and Jongup filed into the room behind Daehyun, Sungjong held his smug smirk as he slowly lifted the torn bear by its barely clinging limb.

“You mean this piece of garbage?” (SJ) Daehyun’s eyes widened in horror as he saw the state that the poor bear was in. Its limbs alone seemed to be barely holding on to its torso. There was stuffing practically overflowing from its tears and from what he could see, the buttons that had given the bear its name was now no longer present. Even its button eyes were no longer there to give the bear its sight.

“Y-You..” (DH) Daehyun closed his hands, balling them into tight fists as he took a step forward. He would have charged and beaten Sungjong up for what he did, but just that step alone caused one of the limbs to be completely torn off. In an instant, he stiffened up as his eyes widened. “Stop!” (DH)

“Don’t move or I’ll rip this stupid thing even more!” (SJ) Daehyun bit his bottom lip as he stepped back. Sungjong, realizing that he finally had power over Daehyun, let out a delicious giggle as he got to his feet. Taking a few steps forward, he held the bear in one hand as he dangled it a bit, the limb practically threatening to rip off at any moment. “Let’s make a deal! I’ll give back this bear, if... you get beaten up really good!” (SJ)

“What?! That’s not fair!” (HC) Sungjong’s eyes instantly shot up at Himchan as he briefly glanced at the four standing behind Daehyun.

“You four have to stay outside too!” (SJ) Woohyun, Himchan, Sunny, and Jongup all expressed their discontent with the deal, but Daehyun raised his hand up to his head to silence them. Letting out a small sigh, he kept his eyes locked with Sungjong as he came up with his decision.

“Okay. I”ll do it.” (DH)

“B-But.. big brother Dae-” (JU)

“Go wait outside.” (DH) Daehyun turned to face his friends, displaying a comforting smile. He gave a thumbs up before pointing over his shoulder with his thumb, specifically towards the door. “It’s alright! I can do it. I wanna save Mister Buttons before he gets hurt anymore.” (DH)

“But..” (HC)

“Come on. Let’s wait outside.” (WH) Woohyun picked up Jongup before he could give the small boy even a fragment of a chance to rebel. Though, upon realizing that he was being taken outside, Jongup began flailing around in an attempt to escape Woohyun’s grasp. Himchan probably would have done what Jongup was going to do, but one glimpse at Sunny’s glare made him think otherwise. Before they all made their way out though, Sunny quickly turned back to Daehyun as she held out her hand. Daehyun stared at it for a brief moment before looking up at Sunny.

“What is it?” (DH)

“Your glasses! You don’t want them all broken up, right?” (SU) Daehyun thought on it for a moment before nodding. Reaching up, he took his glasses off before holding it out to Sunny. Sunny took hold of Daehyun’s glasses and smiled for a bit before turning and making her way out of the room.

Soon enough, the four of them were out of the room with the door closed behind them.

Just as Daehyun turned around, he quickly fell backwards as he felt someone push him. He let out a small grunt as he quickly used his arms to break his fall. Looking up, he glared at Sungjong, whom had straddled him with a rather unnerving grin. “Daehyun! Look who’s on top now..” (SJ)

Sungjong slapped Daehyun across the face as he let out yet another giggle. He leaned in close a bit as he took hold of Daehyun’s collar and pulled on it. He narrowed his eyelids, keeping his demented smile as he thought of all the things that he could do to Daehyun. “I wanna make you feel lots of pain, Daehyun.. LOTS of pain..” (SJ)

Sungjong sat up a bit as he began laughing. Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows. He didn’t understand why Sungjong was like this, but he couldn’t do anything about it. He only knew that he had to endure whatever Sungjong had to throw at him and hope... that everything went well. “Get it over with already!” (DH)

Instantly, his laughter was cut short as Sungjong returned Daehyun’s glare with his own. He pushed Daehyun completely onto his back before getting to his feet. “Fine! We’ll do it already!” (SJ)

Pulling away from Daehyun for a bit, he paused before turning and stomping his foot onto Daehyun’s stomach. Daehyun shut his eyes tightly as he tried to turn, but Sungjong wouldn’t allow it. In fact, the more he struggled, the more pressure Sungjong added. He was practically gasping for air as tears streamed down his face, but he wouldn’t give in. “Look! Daehyun can cry after all!” (SJ)

Sungjong laughed as he raised his foot, only to swiftly stomp back down onto Daehyun’s side. Even though Daehyun had managed to turn onto his side, it only caused him to feel more pain from a different angle. With one last kick to Daehyun’s back, Sungjong took a couple of steps back as he crouched down. “Okay. Yongguk! Sungyeol! Go ahead!” (SJ)

Daehyun grit his teeth as he brought his knees close to his chest, burying his face into his knees. He quickly placed his arms over his head as he soon found himself forced to endure a beating by both Yongguk and Sungyeol.

Meanwhile, Jongup listened with his ear pressed up against the door, a huge look of worry on his face. He quickly shut his eyes tightly as he heard Daehyun let out a grunt of pain, which was soon followed by a whimper. Quickly, he turned to look at the other three as he ran up to them. “We have to do something! B-Big brother Daehyun’s getting really badly hurt!” (JU)

“Don’t worry, Uppie! We have a super awesome idea!” (SU) Quickly, the four of them huddled close to one another as Sunny quickly explained the plan that she had come up with. Once everyone knew what to do, Woohyun went to go stand by the door as the remaining three went around the hallway to the door that led to the bathroom, which luckily led into the very room Daehyun and the others were currently in.

Going carefully up to the door, Sunny slowly turned the doorknob before pushing the door open. Himchan quickly stuck his head in, looking here and there, before stepping inside. Once the three of them were in, they went over to the other door before opening that door to a small crack.

Peeking through, Sunny narrowed her eyes a bit as she looked around. From what she could see, Sungjong had tossed Mister Buttons to the side where the rest of its pieces were. Though, when she looked up at Sungjong’s face, she shivered almost instantly. It was rather creepy, considering Sungjong looked like he was having a little too much fun watching Daehyun get beaten up. Her eyes continued looking around as she saw various other bits and pieces that had belonged to Mister Buttons. “Okay Uppie here’s Daehyun’s glasses.. You know what to do.” (SU)

Sunny held out Daehyun’s glasses to Jongup, whom nodded while taking them into his hands. He carefully placed them into his pocket before looking up at Sunny with a smile. “M-Mhm..! I-I’ll do it really well!” (JU)

“Okay. Then.. um.. one.. two.. three!” (SU) Sunny bust through the door as she let out a battle cry. Luckily, it caught everyone off guard as Sunny ran forward. Before Sungjong could react, Sunny jumped and grabbed Sungjong’s hair with both hands, pulling and hanging on as much as possible while Sungjong struggled. Taking that as a cue, Woohyun quickly busted in as he ran up to Daehyun and pushed the two away from him.

Once everyone seemed distracted, Jongup ran forward and began picking up the torn pieces as Himchan followed close by. There were shouts, screams, grunts, and all kinds of sound that had emanated from all over the room. However, Jongup didn’t pay any attention to that. Even as Himchan left his side to deal with another person, Jongup continued collecting whatever pieces he could see before running out the door.

Jongup ran, not once looking back nor thinking about where he was going. All he knew was that he needed to get away from the bullies before he got caught. He just needed to make sure that Mister Buttons was alright and all there, despite the fact that Mister Buttons was currently torn into various pieces.

Coming to a stop finally, Jongup began panting as he dropped down onto his bottom. Looking around, Jongup made sure that the coast was clear before looking down at the poor Teddy bear. He couldn’t help but frown though, already knowing how Young Jae would react once he saw the bear. Lifting the poor bear, Jongup gave it a tight hug before a voice called out to him.

“Jongup!” (DH) Jongup looked up as he grinned happily. The fact that Daehyun was alright must mean something good will happen! He held up the pieces, holding his grin as he continued panting.

“Lookie! I got everything, I know I did! Did I do good, big brother Daehyun? Did I? I even have your glasses!” (JU) Daehyun slowed to a stop once he was close enough to Jongup. He looked down at the shredded bear and frowned for a moment before making eye contact with Jongup. As Jongup took Daehyun’s glasses out, Daehyun quickly changed his frown to a smile before ruffling Jongup’s hair and taking his glasses back from Jongup.

“You did super good! Thank you!” (DH) After he put his glasses back on, Daehyun took the pieces into his hands. Daehyun frowned once more as he looked down at the shredded remainds of Mister Buttons. How were they going to fix it? There was no way that he could give it to Young Jae the way it was now. Young Jae would be very sad if he gave it to him like this. He just couldn’t do that, especially since he never wanted to see Young Jae cry again.

He only wanted Young Jae to smile a real smile, after all.

“Woohyun.. can you, Jongup, Himchan, and Sunny keep Young Jae really busy while Seo helps me fix Mister Buttons?” (DH) Before Woohyun could reply, Sunny puffed out her cheeks as she moved in front of Daehyun. Glaring up at him, she jabbed Daehyun’s chest with her finger.

“No! I can hep fix it too!” (SU)

“Really? T-Then.. you and Seo can help me fix it!” (DH) As Sunny cheered in celebration, Woohyun herded Himchan and Jongup down the hall a bit and into the bedroom. After a small amount of questions that Daehyun could barely hear Young Jae ask, Seohyun soon filed out of the room before running down the hallway to them. She instantly frowned once she saw the bear, but she already knew what needed to be done.

“Let’s go to my room! I have to use the needle and thread that Mister Kim gave me!” (SH)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young Jae looked to the door, his gaze attempting to move Woohyun out of the way. They had been in his room for what felt like forever and there was still no word from Daehyun. Himchan and Jongup really wanted to play with him and as fun as it has been, he really wanted to see Daehyun and Mister Buttons. He probably would have tried to leave too, but Woohyun was keeping everyone from leaving the room.

“Hey! Young Jae!” (HC) Young Jae turned his attention back to Himchan. Himchan had his eyebrows furrowed and his arms folded as he stared back at Young Jae. “You have to pay attention! The baby is on fire now because mommy didn’t keep him safe!” (HC)

“I-I’m sorry!” (YJ) Young Jae quickly moved the doll over to the baby doll that Jongup was currently holding. He moved the doll’s arm, making it seem like the doll was picking up the baby, before moving both dolls over to the makeshift sink. Stopping in front of it, Young Jae soon let the baby drop before pretending to turn the water on.

With a small sigh, Young Jae looked back over at Woohyun before he heard Himchan yelling about the baby drowning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“There... I-It’s finally done!” (DH) Daehyun smiled happily as he held the bear in his hands. Lifting it up a bit, he turned it here and there. He had to make sure that he didn’t miss a single spot so that Young Jae would be super happy. “What do you guys think?” (DH)

Daehyun leaned to the side a bit to look at Seohyun and Sunny. He quickly turned Mister Buttons around before waiting for their response. He was nervous as he saw and felt the two girls lean in close with judging eyes. Would they approve? Did it look good enough for Young Jae? “I like it!” (SU)

“Me too!” (SH) Daehyun smiled happily as he lowered the Teddy bear onto his lap. Turning Mister Buttons around, he held his smile as he gently pat the top of its head. Okay, so it didn’t look exactly like it had before. Some of the buttons had to be replaced and there were a lot of stitches everywhere, but it was still really cute.

Though.. there was one thing he wanted to change.

“Do you have a ribbon I can have?” (DH)

“A ribbon?” (SH) Daehyun and Sunny both watched as Seohyun began moving here and there, looking for what had been requested. After a brief moment of searching, realization seemed to kick in as she made her way back over to them, specifically for her small straw box of sewing materials.

Opening it up, she rummaged through it for a moment before pulling out some sort of similar box that had a cloth of sorts wrapped around inside. Seohyun placed her index finger in one side of the hole that was located in the center, before she began pulling at the loose end of the cloth. Slowly, the box turned as it began to give up the beloved cloth that it once held. That cloth, however, would definitely be put to good use.

Once Seohyun believed that she had pulled out a good amount of the cloth, she took out a pair of scissors and carefully cut a ‘v’ shape at each end of the cloth before holding it out to Daehyun. “Here! Mister Kim said it was the only ribbon he can find, but.. I think it’s still really pretty.” (SH)

Looking down at the ribbon, Daehyun smiled as he reached out and delicately took hold of the ribbon. It really was a pretty ribbon. The ribbon was yellow, almost gold, with a darker shade acting as its borders. There were even sparkles on it that made it shine really nicely in certain lighting. Plus, it was soft to the touch. Who wouldn’t want a ribbon that was super soft?

Moving the ribbon behind Mister Buttons, he brought it around the bear’s neck before he began tying it at the front. He furrowed his eyebrows a bit as he stared at the completed tie before looking up at the two girls. “I need help..” (DH)

“Again?! Just let me do it!” (SU) Sunny, not taking no for an answer this time, took a seat next to Daehyun before taking the bear into her own hands. She furrowed her own eyebrows as she saw the rather sloppy way that Daehyun had tied the bow. Undoing the bow, she fiddled around with it before re-tying it the way that she wanted it.

Daehyun would have preferred to tie the ribbon himself. He had even refused to let Seohyun or Sunny sew simply because he wanted to fix Mister Buttons all on his own. Sure, he had gotten hurt a variety of times, which led to practically every one of his fingers to end up in a bandage, but he still felt proud for accomplishing a long and rather difficult task. Though, it made sense that Sunny wanted to do it herself. Even he had gotten a bit impatient at times.

“There! All done!” (SU) Sunny smiled happily as she handed the Teddy bear back over to Daehyun. Seohyun sat on the other side of Daehyun as she smiled, her eyes looking over the completed Mister Buttons.

“He’s really cute! I think Young Jae will like it a lot!” (SH) Daehyun looked over at Seohyun before looking back at their completed work.

“You think so?” (DH)

“I know so!” (SH) Daehyun grinned as he continued staring at Mister Buttons. If Seohyun said that Young Jae would like it, then it must be true! After all, Seohyun always told the truth since telling the truth is important to her. Of course, his feelings soon changed from nervousness to excitement as he quickly got to his feet.

“Let’s go! I can’t wait to see Young Jae’s face when he see’s it.” (DH) He began walking once Seohyun had put her things carefully back in its place. His eyes gleamed with excitement as he held Mister Buttons behind his back. Whenever his dad surprised his mom, he always held the surprise behind his back and his mom always looked happy both before and after she received her present. So, maybe, the surprise would work for him too!

Coming to a stop in front of the bedroom door, Sunny opened it up before stepping in. Daehyun looked over at Seohyun before motioning his head to let her go in before him. Once everyone was inside and Young Jae was kept from clinging onto him for dear life, Daehyun finally entered the room. He saw the look of relief and worry cross on Young Jae’s face, but Daehyun smiled nonetheless. He could tell that Young Jae was anxious, waiting to see what results would be produced, so.. why keep him waiting any longer?

“Young Jae? Um.. Mister Buttons was hurt a lot and-” (DH)

“Hurt? How hurt?! I-I wanna see! I don’t want him to be hurt!” (YJ) Young Jae was already tearing up by this bit of news. However, when he noticed that Daehyun was still smiling, he calmed down enough to hear what else Daehyun had to say.

“It’s okay. He’s not hurt anymore. Seo and Sunny helped me fix him. See?” (DH) Slowly, he pulled out the new and improved Mister Buttons. Young Jae’s eyes instantly fixed on it, his eyes widening as Daehyun held the bear in his arms. At first, he didn’t recognize the bear. The ribbon had completely thrown him off from recognizing his best friend. However, once he looked passed the ribbon, he couldn’t help but frown at first.

The amount of stitches alone showed just how much pain Mister Buttons went through. It hurt his heart to see Mister Buttons in such a state, but that wasn’t what caused him to start crying. The second he realized that the buttons on Mister Button’s tummy was different, tears began to roll down his cheeks as he quickly attempted to wipe these tears away.

“I-I’m sorry.. I tried my hardest to fix him...” (DH) Young Jae shook his head as he stepped forward. Peeking out from behind his hands for a brief moment, he quickly wrapped his arms around Daehyun before burying his face into Daehyun’s shoulder. Young Jae let out a small hiccup as he wrapped one arm around Mister Buttons before finding Daehyun’s hand and taking hold of it. Although a bit confused, Daehyun couldn’t help but smile as he wrapped his free arm around Young Jae.

“I-I’m super happy Daehyun... You fixed Mister Buttons and took away the mean pain. Thank you..” (YJ) Young Jae sniffled as he pulled away a bit. He smiled happily as he raised his Teddy bear up a bit, feeling Daehyun give his hand a light squeeze.

“You’re welc-” (DH)

“Hey! We helped too!” (SU) Everyone walked up to the duo as they all began talking at once. Daehyun stepped away a bit, smiling as he watched Young Jae interacting happily with everyone. He was glad that Young Jae actually did like how the fixes turned out and he definitely felt happy seeing Young Jae smile the way he did.

Even though he didn’t know this now, Daehyun wanted to see Young Jae’s smile all the time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“D-Daehyun..?” (YJ)

“Yeah?” (DH) Daehyun turned around as he just took his shirt off. Young Jae stared for a moment before gasping, seeing the red marks practically all over Daehyun’s torso. He bit his bottom lip as he tried to keep himself from crying. Stepping completely into Daehyun’s bedroom, he closed the door behind him before walking up to Daehyun.

“Y-You’re... you’re hurt badly..” (YJ) Daehyun looked down at himself before grinning a bit. Looking back up at Young Jae, Daehyun sat down as he held his grin.

“It’s okay! I’ll get hurt lots to help you and Mister Buttons!” (DH) Young Jae frowned at this response as he crouched down in front of Daehyun. His eyes were filled with uncertainty, but Young Jae managed to look back up at Daehyun before holding out the object that was so important to him. Daehyun looked down at it for a brief moment before looking back up at Young Jae in confusion. “A flower? Is it for me?” (DH)

“M-Mhm... I-It’s a reward! Seohyun said that heroes always get rewards a-and.. I wanted to give you a reward.” (YJ) Daehyun couldn’t help but smile happily as he reached forward and took the flower from Young Jae’s grasp. Looking at it closely, he placed the flower down next to him before looking back at Young Jae.

“Thanks Young Jae! It’s really nice.” (DH) Young Jae smiled a bit, looking away as his face reddened slightly. He was glad to hear that Daehyun really liked it. That meant that picking flowers really was worth it, especially with how happy Daehyun looked after receiving it. Still... Daehyun got hurt and Young Jae didn’t like that at all.

Slowly, he looked up at Daehyun with a hint of sadness on his face. “Daehyun... I-I wanna fix you.. but I don’t know how..” (YJ)

Daehyun looked at Young Jae in slight confusion before leaning forward a bit. “Fix me? What do you mean? Do you wanna play doctor?” (DH)

Young Jae quickly shook his head as his eyes remained practically glued to Daehyun’s now. “No..! I wanna make you feel better because you’re super hurt.” (YJ)

With a small smile, Daehyun reached forward before taking a hold of Young Jae’s chin. He had seen his father do this every time he wanted to make his mother feel better, so maybe it would work for him too. “Don’t worry, Young Jae. I promised to be your hero! A hero always gets hurt and then always gets better after! You’ll see, okay? I’ll be super one-hundred thousand percent better soon.” (DH)

“Really?” (YJ)

“Really!” (DH) Young Jae thought on it for a moment. He wasn’t necessarily certain if he could completely believe Daehyun’s words, but since Daehyun is a hero, then... he couldn’t exactly not believe him either. Of course.. Young Jae did know one thing that would help the owies feel better. His father had shown him before when he accidentally closed the drawer on his finger once.

“C-Can I.. kiss your boo-boo’s?” (YJ)

“H-Huh?” (DH) Daehyun’s eyes widened a bit as he stared at a rather serious looking Young Jae. This wasn’t a joke? Young Jae wanted to kiss his boo-boo’s? He turned a bit red at the thought of Young Jae kissing him even though they had promised to kiss each other when they were older, but... since it wasn’t their lips, maybe it would be okay. “D-Do you.. really want to?” (DH)

“M-Mhm... My daddy used to do it to my finger when I hurt it on the drawer. He said that kisses always make it feel better, so.. I wanna kiss your owies so that I can make you feel better too!” (YJ) Thinking on it, maybe Young Jae was telling the truth. His parents hadn’t really done it to him since he never really told him whenever he got hurt, so maybe it would work.

“Mm.. Okay. If you really want to.” (DH) Young Jae nodded a bit before leaning forward. his lips, simply because he thought that every kiss needed to be slick with saliva, he began pressing his lips softly against each and every red spot on Daehyun’s skin. Daehyun shivered a bit from the cool chill that intermingled with the warmth from Young Jae’s mouth, but also because there were strange feelings running through him as he felt Young Jae’s lips against his skin. He didn’t understand this feeling that ran through him, but he tried his best to ignore it while Young Jae kissed him. It was a bit easier to ignore too, considering Young Jae was kissing his tummy every now and then. He couldn’t help but let out a small laugh every time Young Jae did so. Daehyun was the ticklish type after all.

With one last kiss, Young Jae smiled happily as he pulled away. Though, as he noticed the look on Daehyun’s face, he tilted his head in slight confusion as he leaned in close again. “Are you okay Daehyun? Y-Your face is all red like your boo-boo’s..” (YJ)

Daehyun quickly nodded as he took a hold of the pajama shirt that he was going to change into. Lifting it slightly, he put his shirt on before looking back up at Young Jae. With a small smile, he reached up and ruffled Young Jae’s hair a bit. “Thank you Young Jae. Your magic spells will make me all better!” (DH)

“M-Magic?” (YJ)

“Yea! You put a magic on me to make me feel all better! It felt really weird, but I.. I think I really liked it a lot. I want you to kiss my owies all the time!” (DH) Young Jae smiled happily as he nodded, raising his pinky finger up to make yet another promise.

“O-Okay! I promise to kiss your boo-boo’s every time you get hurt!” (YJ) Daehyun smiled as he reached forward and wrapped his pinky around Young Jae’s pinky. They both slowly tilted their hands before sealing the promise by connecting their thumbs together.

With the promise completely sealed, they pulled away as Daehyun got to his feet. He had just started walking towards his bed when Young Jae took hold of Daehyun’s pants. Daehyun looked down at Young Jae, a bit confused as he saw Young Jae tighten his hold on Mister Buttons. “What is it?” (DH)

“Um... C-Can I sleep with you today? I-I feel safe with you..” (YJ) Daehyun thought for a moment before nodding happily. He helped Young Jae up to his feet before the two of them climbed up the bunk bed and laid on the top bed. With the blanket over them, they both laid there with smiles on their faces as they made eye contact. “T-Thank you Daehyun..” (YJ)

“You’re welcome.” (DH) Both boys closed their eyes, but neither one could really sleep all that easily. Just being next to one another like this had their hearts beating faster than usual, which made them just want to spend more time together instead of sleep.

“Um.. Daehyun?” (YJ) Daehyun opened one eye as he noticed Young Jae was doing the same thing. Young Jae smiled a bit as he moved closer to Daehyun. “C-Can we... hold hands?” (YJ)

He opened both eyes this time, blinking a few times in confusion as he reached forward and interlocked one of his hands with Young Jae’s. Young Jae smiled as he closed his eyes again, lowering his head a bit as he tried once more to go to sleep. “Thank you, Daehyun..” (YJ)

“You’re welcome..” (DH) Daehyun yawned a bit as he mimicked Young Jae’s movements, pressing the top of his forehead against Young Jae’s. Closing his eyes, he let out a small sigh.

Sooner or later, sleep finally took over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ My Own Thoughts:

DaeJae is just getting that much closer to one another >3<..
They just don’t know it. -/nod-

Yes.. Sungjong is taking it a little too far.
Does he realize it? Nope.
Does he care? Probably not..?
I’m not entirely sure about it...
But hey, because of him, DaeJae met. xD

Comments are loved >3<...
I love talking with everyone. x3
I also love to see what everyone thinks about the fanfic/chapters. -/nod- ]]