thirtythree

Yes, I'm Hero
Index:
 
(YJ) – Young Jae speaking
(DH) – Daehyun speaking
(DO) – Kyungsoo speaking
(SJ) – Sungjong speaking
(V) – Taehyung speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Some time had passed in order to get everything well prepared. It was necessary to make sure that everything went off without a hitch and he was not about to let anything get in his way. If a problem did arise then clearly there wasn’t enough preparations made and there was someone whom was going to have to take the downfall for it. So… it was best to be as patient as possible. The second anything was rushed, then his whole plan could potentially backfire.
 
In his limousine, Kyungsoo sat there with a sort of satisfied smirk on his face. A week had passed since his little meeting with Sungjong and Taehyung and today felt like the perfect day to enact the plan. Why? Well, there weren’t really any specific reasons behind it. It just felt like the perfect day to him. “Taehyung… Is everything ready?” (DO)
 
“… Yes. All the information has been gathered, so it’s just a matter of your say-so.” (V) Kyungsoo’s smirk only seemed to grow as he leaned back in his seat. It was always so pleasing to have such a reliable servant to do his bidding. So, if what Taehyung said was true, then Kyungsoo was definitely more than ready to get the plan started.
 
“Alright. Go ahead and start it.” (DO) Taehyung nodded before pulling out his phone. While he did that, Kyungsoo looked downwards as he tilted his head to the right a bit. Raising his hand, he ran his hand through the soft hair of the man currently between his legs. “Baekhyun… I’m rather impressed by your performance. It feels so damn good...” (DO)
 
Kyungsoo continued to run his hand through Baekhyun’s hair, grabbing it every now and then whenever Baekhyun seemed to pass over that sweet spot. A limousine was perfect for these kinds of encounters and soon, very soon, he may take it even further. After all, they were just sitting in a limousine, driving around the city with no current destination. Might as well use this time for his own pleasures.
 
Looking up, Kyungsoo could see Taehyung’s reflection in the rearview mirror. Although Taehyung’s attention was completely on the task at hand, Kyungsoo couldn’t help but have a feeling that Taehyung was watching as well. Could he help it? It was a bit of a turn on to have someone watching them. In fact, he wouldn't mind if a third person joined in. Since Taehyung has been working so diligently, why not let Taehyung have a bit of a reward? “Taehyung. You want a piece of this as your reward? It’ll do you some good to get laid every now and then.” (DO)
 
“No… I’m good.” (V) Kyungsoo merely shrugged as he turned his attention back towards Baekhyun’s magical mouth. Taehyung let out a quiet sigh as he closed the window to cut him off from the back area. He hated that Kyungsoo had just offered his cousin as a reward. Yes, Taehyung and Baekhyun were both cousins and even though Taehyung had mentioned it before, it seemed like Kyungsoo hadn’t even paid any sort of attention to that.
 
So… it bothered Taehyung a lot whenever he saw Baekhyun in any of these situations with Kyungsoo. Not only was it disturbing to see his cousin , it was disturbing to see him having with his employer. His original contract had been to gather information on enemy companies, but now… it was evident that he was being used just for Kyungsoo’s own personal gains. If not, then Taehyung wanted to know exactly how any of this planning would help Kyungsoo's company.
 
As he spoke on the phone with the first contact, Taehyung glanced at his rearview mirror. Instant regret hit Taehyung as he wished that the window between them was completely blackened out for both sides. Sadly, Kyungsoo had opted for the clearer one on Taehyung’s side just in case there were any problems. The result? Well… he was met with a completely Kyungsoo now having his way with a completely Baekhyun. He really needed to have a talk with Baekhyun one of these days, but he wondered if his cousin would even listen to what he had to say.
 
Still… he had to try.
 
While Taehyung was busy, Kyungsoo was thinking about what he was going to do with Baekhyun in the future. He definitely liked his mouth and his tight bottom, so he may just end up keeping him as a nice little play toy. Kyungsoo definitely found Baekhyun enjoyable to sleep with, probably one of the few that he found enjoyable, so he wasn’t going to let him slip from his grasp just yet. Of course… it did also depend on how things turned out in the future.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A relieved sigh escaped Daehyun’s lips as he stepped out of his truck. He had just finished his shift at the grocery store and he was a bit beat at the moment. An hour or two of rest should be enough for him to regain his energy for his next job in a few hours. So, for now, he would just eat a little bit and have a small nap before he headed back out.
 
Stepping into the apartment complex, Daehyun had just pulled out his mail key when he heard a nearby door open. Looking to the right, Daehyun smiled as he saw the landlady stepping out of her apartment. Once the landlady made eye contact with him, she began to make her way over towards him. As she approached him though, Daehyun noted that she wasn’t returning his smile at all. “Jung Daehyun, I… um… I’m sorry, but…”
 
“What is it?” (DH)
 
“I… I’m sorry to say this, but… I have to ask you to move out.” The mail key nearly slipped out of his hand at the sudden request that was given to him. He didn’t really know how to react, but he tightened his hold on the key as he slipped it back into his pocket for the time being.
 
“Why… do I have to move out?” (DH) The landlady had a troubled look on her face, displaying that there was much more to it than simply wanting him to move out. The landlady did seem to be contemplating on whether to say anything or not, but she seemed to decide to say something.
 
“I have nothing against you, Mr. Jung, but… I received a phone call a few hours ago. Someone had threatened to vandalize the apartment complex and scare away everyone… If I called the police, they threatened to harm everyone here. I can’t let them do that. Please, understand that… I can’t do anything.” Daehyun took her words into consideration and nodded slightly. He was confused as to why anyone would threaten something like that just to get him to move out, but if that were the case, then… he would have to move out after all.
 
“Okay… I understand.” (DH)
 
“I’ll… give you a week to move out. I don’t know if I can give you more than that…”
 
“It’s alright. Thank you for giving me some time.” (DH) The landlady bowed her head a bit before she turned and made her way back to her apartment. Once she was back in her apartment, Daehyun turned back to the mailbox before pressing his forehead against it. Why was this happening? It really made no sense to him, but this was just something small. They still had money to move, although it was a bit of a tight budget. Luckily, any and all debts to Jongup’s school had been completely paid off, so they didn’t have to worry at all about running out of money from this.
 
Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad after all. A bit of a… change of scenery wasn’t always a bad thing to have. The only problem was that Daehyun wasn’t certain if he would be able to find an apartment nearby that was as cheap and nice as this apartment had been. It was going to be difficult, but Daehyun knew that he was going to have to try as hard as possible since he only had a week to look.
 
After retrieving his mail and making his way up to his apartment, Daehyun began to wonder what he was going to say to Jongup. It would be fine if he suddenly said that they were moving, but he knew that he couldn’t tell Jongup about the threat. It would become troublesome and it might distract Jongup from his studies. If he recalled, midterms were coming up soon and Daehyun didn’t want Jongup to fail because of this setback.
 
Just as he sat down on the couch, Daehyun soon heard his ringtone going off. Pulling out his phone, Daehyun hadn’t even bothered to check the caller ID as he pressed the answer button and brought the phone up to his ear. Clearing his throat a bit, Daehyun unintentionally spoke with a bit of a halfhearted tone to his voice. “Hello…?” (DH)
 
“Daehyun! What’s up?” (YJ)
 
“Oh, Young Jae… Hey. Nothing much, I guess.” (DH) There was a brief moment of silence as Young Jae took note of Daehyun’s tone. There had to be something wrong for him to sound so down. Usually, Daehyun sounded either happy or calm, so it felt weird to hear him down. It kind of reminded Young Jae of the party and that was something Young Jae didn’t exactly want to remember anymore.
 
“Is something wrong?” (YJ)
 
“Huh? Oh… no. Nothing’s wrong. Anyway, why’d you call?” (DH) Young Jae wasn’t exactly certain if now would be the best time to ask Daehyun. However, there was a possibility that it could potentially cheer Daehyun up. It might be for the best if it did though, so maybe he shouldn’t hesitate.
 
“I wanted to know if you wanted to have lunch with me.” (YJ) Daehyun would have loved to have lunch with Young Jae. Spending time with the one person that he really liked was always a good thing, but his mind went back to his money and he wasn’t exactly certain if he had enough money to go out and have lunch with Young Jae. Of course, Young Jae hadn’t exactly said where they would have lunch, but Daehyun assumed that it would be at a restaurant.
 
“I don’t really have any money right now, so I can’t…” (DH)
 
“I’ll pay! Don’t worry about it. Just come out and relax for a bit. Yeah?” (YJ) Daehyun didn’t really know if it would be okay to continue letting Young Jae pay for his meals. It would probably be best to stop letting Young Jae pay for his food now before he ended up getting used to it. Who knows? There may come a time when Young Jae won’t be able to pay for his food. Of course… he could always try and pay Young Jae back. Okay, so that hasn’t worked in the past, but it has to work eventually.
 
“I’ll pay you back when I get money then.” (DH)
 
“No, it’s alright! I owe you anyway.” (YJ) He owed him? Daehyun didn’t recall any moment when Young Jae could have owed him anything. So far, he has been the one to owe Young Jae. He was curious, but before he could say anything, his phone beeped a bit, telling Daehyun that he had another call. Pulling his phone away a bit, he looked at the screen before quickly bringing the phone back up to his ear.
 
“Hold on, Young Jae. I’m getting a call from work.” (DH)
 
“Oh, okay. I’ll wait.” (YJ) Pulling his phone away from his ear once again, he quickly put Young Jae on hold before putting his phone back up to his ear. He did wonder why his job was calling him, but maybe it wasn’t anything too big. Maybe he just forgot to clock out or something.
 
“Hello?” (DH)
 
“Daehyun? There’s… a problem. I’m afraid that I’m going to have to fire you.” How was he supposed to react to that? Being kicked out of the apartment complex that he’s lived in for at least three years now and now being fired? It just seemed to be one blow after another. Daehyun felt like it was connected, so it didn’t even seem to cross his mind that the two might not be connected with one another.
 
“Oh… Were you… threatened too?” (DH)
 
“How did… To be frank, yes. The store was threatened with vandalism and possible harassment to both employees and customers. I… hope you understand.” Who was this person that was threatening these people? Daehyun hadn’t done anything bad to anyone… had he? There wasn’t really anything that he could think of, but… was it possible that Sungjong was trying to get revenge? Out of all the people he could think of, he was the only person that came to mind. It was possible that he was still holding a grudge from before, but Daehyun couldn’t remember if Sungjong had said anything back at the party.
 
“Can’t I… work for just a few more days? I’m… I’m really short on money right now. (DH) He could hear his boss’ breathing, so he assumed that his boss was currently thinking about it. However, the answer he received wasn’t exactly the answer he had been hoping for.
 
“I’m sorry Daehyun, but I can’t risk it. I’ll give you extra pay for your troubles, but that’s all I can do.” Daehyun’s gaze lowered as he took in his boss’ words. It wasn’t great, but it wasn’t bad either. With that extra money, Daehyun might be able to find a way to save enough money until he got another job. Letting out a small sigh, Daehyun leaned back in his seat.
 
“Alright… I understand. I gotta go…” (DH) After hearing a goodbye from his boss, Daehyun hung up the call before putting Young Jae back on the call. He could hear Young Jae currently humming, showing either how happy Young Jae currently was or how bored he was. He didn’t want to ruin Young Jae’s mood and he didn’t want to mooch off of Young Jae, but… he was really hoping that Young Jae could help him just this once. “Hey, um…” (DH)
 
“Is something wrong? You sound kind of… down. Did something happen?” (YJ) There were a few other people that he could have asked for help, like Seohyun or Woohyun, but Young Jae was already on the phone with him. Taking in a deep breath, Daehyun decided yet again that it really would be a good idea to ask Young Jae.
 
“Um… Do you happen to… know anyone that’s currently hiring…?” (DH) Young Jae had begun thinking about who could possibly be hiring, but that thought process stopped as realization kicked in. Why, exactly, was Daehyun asking if anyone was hiring at this time? Had something bad happen for him to have a need for extra money or… had that previous phone call gone south?
 
“Why… do you ask? Tell me what’s wrong.” (YJ) It was one thing to ask for assistance, but it was another to tell Young Jae what exactly was going on. He didn’t know if he wanted to get Young Jae too involved, but it should be alright. After all… Young Jae is a trustworthy person.
 
“Well… alright.” (DH) Even if it wasn’t a long explanation, Young Jae remained quiet and attentive to Daehyun’s words. Young Jae didn’t want to miss a single piece of information, especially since the situation seemed dire. He may have had a small idea as to who was behind it, but he couldn’t be entirely certain. After all, he didn’t know whom Daehyun spoke to. It could have been anyone and Young Jae was just pointing fingers. “And… well, that’s why I need another job. Do you happen to know anyone…? Oh, hold on.” (DH)
 
Yet again, another phone call had interrupted Daehyun and Young Jae. Putting on Young Jae on hold again, Daehyun braced himself for the worst after seeing who was currently calling. After two similar incidents, why shouldn’t the third one be similar? “Hey Daehyun. I have some… bad news.”
 
“I’m fired… right?” (DH)
 
“What…? How’d you…”
 
“It’s alright. I guess… I won’t come in for work today then. Will Kai be fine?” (DH)
 
“I’ll be covering your shift until we find someone else. Daehyun… is something wrong? Why is there someone threatening the store?” Daehyun rubbed the back of his head before leaning his head back. If he knew the answer to that, he could have tried to fix it himself instead of just going along with it.
 
“I… don’t know. Anyway, I have to go. It was nice working with you.” (DH) Hanging up that phone call, he returned back to his call with Young Jae before letting out another sigh. Young Jae could feel that something similar had just happened to Daehyun once more and he couldn’t just stand off to the side and watch silently. How could he when one of his best friends was going through a rough time? “I don’t know what to do anymore…” (DH)
 
“Hey… Um… I don’t know if you’ll be okay with this, but… why don’t you and Jongup come move in with me?” (YJ) The offer was tempting and Daehyun really was considering it as a possibility, but he couldn’t do that. It would practically be mooching off of Young Jae and Daehyun wasn’t necessarily the type of person to just take things from people without paying them back.
 
“I can’t do that… I’d feel bad.” (DH)
 
“It’s alright! I’ll, uh… I’ll hire you as my own personal chef. I mean, I like your cooking better than the chef here, so why not?” (YJ) It did sound like a good plan. Not only would he have a place to live, but he would also be able to work in order to ensure that he wasn’t just staying for free. So, technically, he wouldn’t really be a guest there.
 
“Well… it sounds alright. What do I have to do?” (DH) Young Jae thought for a moment. He hasn’t had his own personal chef before. In fact, he almost always ate with his family whenever certain dining times had arisen, so he hasn’t had the chance to have a chef cook just for him. Still, this was probably the best way he could not only ensure that Daehyun had a job and a place to stay, but he would also be safe from whomever is trying to make Daehyun’s life problematic.
 
“Well… as my own personal chef, you’d have to cook for me whenever I’m hungry. That’s… basically it. I mean, there’s a guest kitchen on the second floor. My room’s pretty close to there, so you can take over the rooms near the guest area. Oh. You’d also have the responsibility to restock the kitchen’s supplies, buy whatever you need and stuff like that. My parents have had problems with guests wanting their own utensils and food to prepare, so they have to bring their own supplies. I’ll give you my card to buy everything. And… I think that’s it.” (YJ) It really didn’t sound all that bad. It was just a bunch of cooking and grocery shopping, so there shouldn’t be any problems. In fact, this sounded like the easiest job he’s had so far. This job just happened to have the most perks to it. This was an offer he knew he couldn’t refuse, especially with how things were currently going.
 
“Al-… Alright. I’ll accept your offer.” (DH) Daehyun let out a relieved sigh as he smiled a bit. Maybe… this was a step up in his life. Maybe this wouldn’t be so bad after all. Imagine, living in a mansion! Sure, he would feel out of place, but it was still something that he never imagined would happen to him. Heck, he was still amazed by his first visit to Young Jae’s mansion.
 
“I’ll send some of my men to bring your things here in a few days. Make sure you’re fully packed by then.” (YJ) It felt weird to have a… rich friend. They seemed to have all of the money in the world and yet, Daehyun knew that really wasn’t the case. As long as he didn’t let any of this go to his head, then Daehyun was certain that this really was a good idea.
 
“Thanks… for everything, Young Jae. I have to pay you back somehow.” (DH)
 
“No, no! It’s alright. I owe you anyway. Hey, I gotta get going! Tiffany got here, but I’ll see you in a few days. Don’t get too stressed out, alright? Bye!” (YJ) Just like that, the phone call came to an end. Lowering his hand, Daehyun let his hand fall onto the couch as he continued to stare up at the ceiling. He was in a daze, a sort of confused daze.
 
On one hand, he was stressed out by what was occurring. Kicked out of his apartment and fired from both of his jobs, why wouldn’t it stress him out? On the other hand though, he was moving in to a big place without having to pay rent. In fact, he was the one being paid just to cook delicious food for a single person. Life seemed to become easier, but it did make Daehyun wonder about the person trying to ruin his life in the first place.
 
After all, he doubted that this would be the person’s last attempt at trying to sabotage his life. Sooner or later, that person was going to strike again and Daehyun needed to make certain that he was ready for it. The question was… how was he going to be able to prepare himself for that? There wasn’t really anything that he could do to do something like that. Maybe he could continue saving money for emergencies, but otherwise… it didn’t really seem like there was no preparing for something like that. It was just a good thing that he had a job with Young Jae because at least then, it seemed like they would be safe there.
 
Was that okay though? Using Young Jae like this felt wrong, but… Daehyun did like this turn of events. It did mean that he could at least see Young Jae whenever he wanted and he could see how Young Jae’s family usually is as well. Okay, so it did mean that he was going to be encountering Kyungsoo more, but he was fairly certain that he could handle himself as long as he remained sober.
 
Either way, it seemed like everything was looking alright. Getting up to his feet, Daehyun put his phone into his pocket before making his way over to his bedroom. He may have been fired, but that doesn’t mean that he didn’t have things that needed to be taken care of. Since they had to move out, that means he would have to go out and buy boxes now to pack their things with. They still had some boxes left over from moving here, so Daehyun had to see if they would end up needing anymore boxes or not.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Is everything going according to plan?” (SJ) Kyungsoo smirked as he leaned back in his seat, folding his arms as he stirred his drink a bit. What, did Sungjong think that the plan wouldn’t go well? Some, if not most, of the idea had been Sungjong’s idea. If he thought of him incapable of setting up something as simple as this, then Sungjong was clearly underestimating his potential.
 
“Of course. All we need now is for you to push on to the next portion of the plan.” (DO) Kyungsoo did wonder how Sungjong planned to carry that part out. It involved him having a rather convincing talk with Daehyun and Kyungsoo couldn’t exactly see that coming into fruition.
 
“Don’t worry about it. Give it a few days. Daehyu will be far too stressed and confused not to fall into my grasp.” (SJ) Kyungsoo narrowed his eyelids a bit as he looked down at his drink. He was fairly certain that it wasn’t that easy. After all, Daehyun’s little ally was Young Jae and Young Jae had just as much money as he did. It was just a matter of whether Daehyun would go to Young Jae for help or not.
 
“You don’t have much time.” (DO)
 
“Relax. There’s plenty of time. Gotta let it simmer for a little before acting. How else do you think I’ve gotten my prey so easily?” (SJ) Sungjong chuckled a little as he adjusted himself a bit. Picking up his cup, Sungjong smiled confidently as he looked over at Kyungsoo. “So… what are your plans for tonight?” (SJ)
 
“That’s none of your concern.” (DO) Kyungsoo was quite well aware that Sungjong was interested in two things and since he’s already been paid, all that left was . That was most definitely the last thing he was going to give to Sungjong when he already had Baekhyun for that.
 
“Ooh, so defensive. Wonder how you are in bed when you’re angry.” (SJ) Kyungsoo rolled his eyes a bit as he looked away. Sungjong chuckled out of amusement as he looked out the window. Well, it didn’t matter. Might as well milk out as much as he can from this and then move on. No point in overstaying his stay, right?
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
Yep…
Taehyung’s phone calls were all threats.
And thus, it caused problems for Daehyun. -/nod-
 
Comments are loved >3<
I like talking with everyone >3<
It’s also nice to know how I am doing with these chapters >3< ]]