twentyfive

Yes, I'm Hero

Index:

 

(BH) - Baekhyun speaking

(YJ) - Young Jae speaking

(DH) - Daehyun speaking

(HC) - Himchan speaking

(SH) - Seohyun speaking

(BY) - Yongguk speaking

(TY) - Taeyeon speaking

(S) - Sungyeol speaking

(JU) - Jongup speaking

(SU) - Sunny speaking

(TF) - Tiffany speaking

(Y) - Yuri speaking

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sure, he may not know most of the people here so far, but it was still rather nice to talk to people that didn’t seem to care about his family name or his financial status. There always were those few rich people that didn’t care about all that, which he quite appreciated. It was still nice to have more of those people around though. It shed a bit more light about how the world was as opposed to what it seemed like.

 

Though, even with these people in front of him like this, Young Jae just couldn’t bring himself to completely enjoying himself. His gaze constantly landed on the back of Daehyun’s head, worry and curiosity running through him constantly. Was Daehyun the type whom liked to drink? If that was the case, then Young Jae had to do something to make certain that Daehyun didn’t become drunk. He was worried for him and he just wanted to look out for him. That had to be his reasoning, right? It’s not like Young Jae wanted to spend more time with Daehyun as opposed to everyone else. That couldn’t be the case... could it?

 

Yeah. Young Jae was certain that he didn’t want to specifically spend more time with Daehyun over everyone else. He didn’t have any special feelings for Daehyun or anything. They were just merely friends, just like how everyone else was a friend of his. Still, something was clearly bothering Daehyun and, well, just like any good friend, Young Jae had to make certain that Daehyun was alright.

 

Looking at Jongup, whom was just currently listening to the conversation that Kai and Baekhyun were having with Tiffany, Young Jae side stepped bit by bit towards Jongup until he was close enough to quickly turn him around and pull him a bit to the side. Taken by surprise, Jongup stared at Young Jae with wide eyes until they finally came to a stop. “Hey, uh... Jongup? What’s wrong with Daehyun? Is he the type whom drinks?” (YJ)

 

Jongup looked over at Daehyun, whom was still drinking whatever he had asked the bartender to make at the time. He didn’t even know Daehyun drank anything alcoholic to be honest. Daehyun normally avoided the stuff since he knew the negative effects alcohol could have if one wasn’t careful enough. Looking back at Jongup, he merely shrugged. “I don’t know. It’s my first time seeing him drink.” (JU)

 

“Oh... well, thanks.” (YJ) Giving Jongup’s shoulder a quick squeeze, Young Jae looked over at Daehyun for a brief moment before he began making his way over to him. If this is really the first time that Jongup has seen Daehyun drink, then that meant something must have happened to put him into this kind of state. What that state was, Young Jae wasn’t entirely certain about it, but there had to be some sort of way to help Daehyun cheer up a bit. It just wasn’t any fun if Daehyun was going to be drinking all night.

 

Though, what was he supposed to say? Since he didn’t even know why Daehyun was drinking, it would be rather rude to try and make him stop when he hasn’t even done anything yet. He could have simply decided to drink at the beginning since it was something he may have wanted to do, but if it turned out that something was indeed wrong, then Young Jae didn’t want Daehyun to drink his sorrows away. Drinking just wasn’t the right choice to make in order to make himself feel better. In fact, he would only end up feeling worse later on.

 

So, he just needed to be the greatest friend ever and pull Daehyun away from the alcohol.

 

He could feel his heart beating faster as he came within a few feet from Daehyun. Young Jae was nervous, yes, but that was mainly because he didn’t know how Daehyun would react to his words. For all he knew, Daehyun could currently be drunk and that could potentially make things difficult when trying to talk to him.

 

Coming to a stop by Daehyun, Young Jae looked around for a brief moment before sitting in the stool right next to Daehyun. He could see a cup in Daehyun’s hand, but by how Daehyun was already leaning on his propped up arm, Young Jae could somewhat tell that he was drunk already. How many drinks has he had? “Daehyun..? Are you alright..?” (YJ)

 

The second he realized whom was talking, Daehyun instantly sat up straight as he tried to compose himself a bit. Sadly, despite the make up that he was wearing, his face was still fairly red, signaling the fact that he was currently, at the very least, tipsy. Looking at Young Jae, Daehyun narrowed his eyelids a bit before smiling. Placing his hand on Young Jae’s shoulder in a rather drunken motion, Daehyun leaned forward a bit as he slowly wrapped his arm around Young Jae. “ ‘Eeeeyyy.... al’.. right...? Yeess.. I ‘m.” (DH)

 

Young Jae could practically smell the alcohol radiating off of Daehyun as he began to use Young Jae more as a tool to keep him from falling over as opposed to someone he had wanted to confess to about twenty minutes ago. Biting his bottom lip a bit, Young Jae reached forward and attempted to take the glass from Daehyun’s hand, but Daehyun had moved both of them to the right a bit as Daehyun began to laugh. Young Jae stared at Daehyun with a bit of a worried look as he lightly tapped Daehyun’s thigh to gain his attention. “You’re drunk.. You need to put the glass down and come with me.. alright?” (YJ)

 

“ ‘M fine! Jus’ a wee bit.. tipsee is all..” (DH) Before Young Jae could react, Daehyun had raised his glass to his lips before lifting his head back and drinking the rest of the liquid. Once that done, Daehyun pulled the glass away as he let out a satisfied sigh. Setting the glass back down onto the counter, Daehyun smiled a bit as he slid the glass a little bit closer towards the bartender. “ ‘Nother one, pleeeeease!” (DH)

 

Before Young Jae could tell the bartender not to give him anymore, the doorbell rang, signaling the arrival of more guests. As much as he wanted to let someone else greet the guests, he knew that as the host of this party, it was common courtesy to be the one greeting everyone. Getting up from his seat, Young Jae quickly glanced towards the direction of the front door before looking back down at Daehyun. “Don’t drink too much, Daehyun. I-I’ll be back really soon.” (YJ)

 

Daehyun merely waved his hand over his shoulder before he happily took hold of the drink that the bartender had concocted. Biting his bottom lip and letting out a quiet whine, Young Jae quickly turned around before he rushed over towards the front door. He just needed to quickly say hello, then head right back over to Daehyun. Now that he thought about it though, he probably should have also told the bartender not to serve Daehyun anymore drinks. Since the bartender worked for him, he would have listened to his order.

 

Well.. it was too late to think about that now.

 

As he came into the main lobby, his gaze quickly landed on familiar and not so familiar faces. After having been apart from everyone for thirteen years, Young Jae jus found it difficult to tell who was who. Even when he had first spoken to Daehyun, Young Jae just couldn’t be certain if it was the same male that he had befriended back then. “Young Jae? Is that you? Wow! Look how manly you’ve gotten!” (SU)

 

The shortest out of the three quickly walked up to him before taking hold of his arms and standing at arms reach to get a good look at him. She smiled, amazement clearly on her face as she focused back onto Young Jae’s face. “Well.. almost manly. You’re still really pretty, but you feel like you have muscles now!” (SU)

 

“Um.. Thank you… I think..” (YJ) He really didn’t know if he should take that as a compliment or an insult. Young Jae didn’t really like the idea of a male being pretty, but it’s not like it was a problem. They couldn’t exactly control how they ended up looking after all, so he couldn’t exactly say anything. “So.. Welcome to my home! I uh.. hope you three enjoy yourselves while you are here.” (YJ)

 

“Thank you. Is everyone else here?” (SH) Young Jae looked at the taller woman before thinking. Technically, only a few people on the list were here, so he wasn’t necessarily certain he could answer her question accurately. Though, he ended up shaking his head in response to her question. “Oh.. Then who arrived? I saw Daehyun’s truck outside.” (SH)

 

“Oh..! Um.. Just Daehyun, Jongup, and a few other people that I don’t really know..” (YJ) Seohyun slowly nodded as she held a small smile. Young Jae kind of felt awkward standing here with them and it was even worse that he didn’t know their names. Could he ask them for their names? Yes, he could. Would he? No, not really. He didn’t want to come across as rude after all. “So, please, follow me. I’ll take you to the main room.” (YJ)

 

Once he got a nod from the other three, Young Jae turned around before he began walking. Sunny, Woohyun, and Seohyun followed after Young Jae, the two females looking around with curiosity and interest. “So, how have you been, Young Jae?” (WH)

 

“I’ve been good.” (YJ) Young Jae would have continued the conversation, but his thoughts seemed to be rotating back towards Daehyun. It wasn’t his intention to be rude, but it was just something that seem to happen on its own. “Uh… I have a matter to attend to, so I’ll bring you three over to the others before I go tend to it, so I’m sorry for just leaving you.” (YJ)

 

“Oh, no. It’s alright. If it’s something important, then you should go.” (SH) Young Jae was rather glad that they seemed okay with him just leaving them to their own. Leading the trio over to the rest of the group, Young Jae quickly wrapped his arm around Jongup’s shoulder and had him face the trio before grinning.

 

“Here! Jongup will keep you guys company.” (YJ) Giving Jongup a quick pat on the back, Young Jae quickly give a thumbs up to him before he jogged over towards Daehyun. He had left him long enough and by now, Young Jae was certain that Daehyun would have had enough time to drink two more drinks.

 

Reaching the bar, Young Jae took his seat once more before letting out a sigh. Upon hearing the movement to his left, Daehyun turned to look at Young Jae before lazily smiling. In a way, Young Jae could almost see a warmness to that smile, but that thought was quickly pulled away as Daehyun placed his hand on Young Jae’s thigh. “Maaan.. I.. I had a good.. a veery good plan to.. to co’fess my feelings to you. You.. you’re super great, ya’know? I.. I reeeeally like you, like.. thiiiis much!” (DH)

 

Daehyun held his arms out to the sides, his hands pointing forward as if to try and show off the amount of feelings he had for Young Jae. Though, as he began to lean towards the bar a bit, Daehyun lowered his arms, setting his right arm on the edge of the bar before leaning against it. He laughed a bit, grabbing the glass that was still on the counter as he looked back at Young Jae. “I.. really like you.. soooo very much. I wanna marry ya’, jus’ as we promised.” (DH)

 

Lifting his glass, he attempted to down his drink, but soon realized that his cup had been empty this entire time. Pulling the cup away, he narrowed his eyelids and stared into the empty cup before holding it out towards the bartender. “ ‘Eeeyyy…. ‘Nother drink pleeeeease!” (DH)

 

“N-No! Um.. No more drinks for him for now.” (YJ) The bartender took the cup from Daehyun’s grasp before nodding. Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows as he watched the bartender washing his cup. Why did Young Jae tell the bartender not to give him anymore drinks? Looking at Young Jae, Daehyun leaned in close as he wrapped an arm around Young Jae’s shoulders. He attempted to whisper, but that thought quickly left him as he leaned his head against Young Jae’s.

 

“ ‘Ey ‘ey ‘eeeyyy… Wazzat for..? Can’ a man drink a lil’ bit wi’out gettin’ a limitation?” (DH) Young Jae turned his head away in slight disgust. He did drink alcohol from time to time, but he never could stand the smell of it. The fact that Daehyun practically smelled like an alcoholic didn’t exactly make him that tolerable at the moment.

 

“C-Come on.. I think you need some air.” (YJ) Despite his protests, Daehyun seemed to almost willingly let Young Jae pull him along towards the balcony. He was rather glad that Daehyun was at least cooperating, but.. his thoughts went back to what Daehyun had been saying earlier.

 

Had Daehyun.. really thought about confessing to him? Wait a minute. Through that confession, didn’t Daehyun technically just confess his feelings to him? His pace slowed down, but he forced himself to continue walking forward as he tried to sort out his thoughts. This was.. it couldn’t be happening, right? Daehyun was just… drunk and was just saying whatever he felt like saying. That had to be it, right? But then.. he also remembered hearing about how drunkards tended to tell the truth more often than sober people, so… maybe.. Daehyun really did confess.

 

Once outside, Young Jae brought Daehyun over to the metal railing before leaning against it. Daehyun had copied Young Jae’s actions, but slowly, he slid closer towards Young Jae before he soon found himself leaning against Young Jae. Closing his eyes, Daehyun let out a satisfied sigh as he smiled a bit. “Hey.. um… do you… really like me…?” (YJ)

 

“Shh… The wind… it’s singing a song for you..” (DH) Young Jae didn’t understand what Daehyun was talking about, but at least he was correct about the wind blowing. Whether it was singing a song or not though, Young Jae wasn’t necessarily certain. Was Daehyun avoiding the question? Maybe Daehyun was actually answering his question with that sentence. It kind of made sense, but at the same time.. it was quite confusing.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They stood out on the balcony for quite a while. The only time that they went inside was whenever Daehyun had to use the restroom, but otherwise, they were taking the time to enjoy the fresh air. It didn’t take too long before Daehyun had finally sobered up, allowing him to think rationally instead of just saying the first thing that came to his mind. At least this way, he could answer Young Jae the way he wanted to answer him. “So… now that you’re sober… are.. are you an alcoholic?” (YJ)

 

“No… That was the first time I’ve gotten drunk.” (DH) So, that really did mean that something was wrong. Young Jae tightened his hold on the iron railing as he bit his bottom lip. What was he supposed to say in response to this new discovery of his? There wasn’t really anything that would be appropriate enough to say without prying.

 

“Um… Then… is something bothering you? Did you.. really plan to confess your feelings to me?” (YJ) Young Jae kept a close eye on Daehyun to see any physical reactions he may have, but Daehyun seemed to just stand there was calmly as ever. He seemed to be enjoying the fresh air quite a lot and Young Jae was rather glad that he had been able to pull Daehyun away from the alcohol.

 

“Nothing’s bothering me… So don’t worry about it, alright?” (DH) Even if it wasn’t exactly the answer he had been expecting, Young Jae could already tell that Daehyun was trying to answer it in his own way. Would it have been better if he had received a blunt answer for his question or.. was it better for him to have to try and guess Daehyun’s thoughts? Even with this confusion though, Young Jae felt like he already knew the answer.

 

“I’m sorry…” (YJ) Daehyun felt a sort of pain in his chest as tears began to well within his eyes. He didn’t want to hear those words, not from Young Jae. Just those words mixed in with the tone that Young Jae had provided felt like a rejection. Daehyun had a feeling that they wouldn’t end up being together, but he didn’t want to face that reality.. not yet, anyway. Still… it seemed like life wanted to continue forward instead of letting him find a way to cope with his feelings.

 

Taking in a deep breath, Daehyun forced a smile onto his face as he looked at Young Jae. Young Jae could see the sadness in Daehyun’s eyes, so it only proved to hurt Young Jae in response. Letting out a small sigh, Daehyun looked back out towards the yard as he tightene his hold on the railing a bit. “I.. had planned to keep our promises... I really did… you know? Promises are important to me, Young Jae..” (DH)

 

“I-I’m sorry… I really am…” (YJ) Daehyun chuckled upon hearing this, though these words only proved to further stab at his heart. All these years of waiting and hoping only seemed to have gone to waste. He should have known that time changed people, but he didn’t want to believe it. Being blinded by a childhood crush was definitely something he shouldn’t have let cloud his judgment.

 

“It’s okay.. I’ll keep some of my other promises, but.. I guess… we can’t get married.. can we..” (DH) Looking back at Young Jae, Daehyun smiled a bit as he tried to keep himself together. “I’ll head back in first. Don’t stay out here too long.. okay? It’s supposed to get chilly tonight.” (DH)

 

Giving Young Jae’s shoulder a soft squeeze, Daehyun held his smile only long enough before he turned his back towards Young Jae. As he began walking, that smile of his quickly faded as he kept his eyes towards the ground. This had to be the best thing to do. Letting Young Jae go was something that needed to be done. He just couldn’t continue to hold onto the false hope of somehow getting together with Young Jae, especially if Young Jae didn’t say anything to prove that he was wrong.

 

Sadly.. even if he wanted to say something, Young Jae couldn’t bring himself to do so. He watched as Daehyun disappeared back into the building before letting out a sigh. Slowly, he turned back towards the railing as he placed both of his hands onto it. Looking upwards, Young Jae began to wonder… Why did his chest feel like this? Why was it that he felt as if what he was doing was wrong?

 

There wasn’t anything he could do about it though. Young Jae just couldn’t fulfill his side of the promise to Daehyun. Even if he wanted to, Young Jae couldn’t let down his parents. After losing one pair of parents, Young Jae didn’t want to end up losing another pair of parents. “I’m sorry… Daehyun…” (YJ)

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

As he made his way towards the rest of the group, Daehyun took in a deep breath in an attempt to recompose himself. Thanks to Young Jae, Daehyun had been able to clean out his mouth, so there wasn’t a foul after taste in his mouth at the moment. Of course, it also helped take out the smell of alcohol from his mouth, but Daehyun wasn’t necessarily certain if he, himself, still smelled like alcohol. Still, it was better than nothing.

 

Looking at the group, Daehyun noticed that a few more people had arrived. Besides Woohyun, Seohyun, and Sunny, it seems like another pair had arrived. He couldn’t necessarily tell whom the woman was, but he did know that the man was Sungyeol. Putting on the best smile possible, Daehyun raised his hand the second they had noticed him. “Hey! You guys made it.” (DH)

 

“It seemed like a good time to take a day off. Ah.. I’m Yuri by the way, if you don’t remember me.” (Y) Daehyun held his hand out, to which Yuri shook more out of habit as opposed to just being polite.

 

“I’m Daehyun.” (DH) Yuri nodded, her memory attempting to connect the younger Daehyun to the one standing in front of him. After their handshake was over, Daehyun turned towards Sungyeol, holding his hand out. “It’s been a while, Sungyeol. How have you been?” (DH)

 

Sungyeol looked down at Daehyun’s hand before giving a small smile and shaking it. Looking back up at Daehyun, Sungyeol rubbed the back of his head as he quickly tried to come up with an answer. “I’ve.. um.. been good. And you?” (S)

 

“Doing good, doing good.. So, what have you two been up to?” (DH) Before either one of them could explain, Seohyun was quick to try and bring Daehyun up to speed as to what they had been talking about just mere seconds ago.

 

“Yuri was saying how difficult it’s been being a restaurant owner and Sungyeol says that working at a pharmacy has been quite fulfilling.” (SH) Daehyun nodded a bit as he smiled a bit. Both jobs were interesting choices, but the pharmaceutical career choice by Sungyeol is what caught his attention more. Could he help it? Anything having to do with the health and medicinal career choices always caught his attention.

 

“Ah.. But are you two enjoying your career choices?” (DH)

 

“Yes.. I am, at least. It may be difficult, but I enjoy the restaurant business.” (Y)

 

“Yeah… me too.. with the pharmacy.” (S) Okay, so he wasn’t as successful as Yuri in terms of owning their own business. Sungyeol wasn’t necessarily the kind of person who wanted the bigger things in life. The smaller, more attainable things, were the only things that Sungyeol wanted in life. It made things much more simpler and less stressful and that was the kind of life Sungyeol would continue to aim for.

 

It wasn’t all that long before finally, more people began arriving. At the moment, these people were people that Daehyun nor anyone else in their group recognized. They seemed to be a little more dressed up than them and from the looks of it, at least Tiffany knew whom they were. These people also seemed to keep to their own group since it seemed like they all knew each other as well. Tiffany was probably the only one who kept on rotating between the groups, which was rather nice of her to be honest. Of course, out of all the people that were showing up, a specific duo seemed to have the most presence the second they appeared through those doors.

 

Taeyeon and Jessica seemed to practically radiate with charisma as they walked in with about four other people following right behind them. While Taeyeon had that dazzling smile of hers, Jessica had that usual sharp look of hers that made it seem like she was judging everyone. Sadly, that was never the case because once she spotted the people that she knew, Jessica’s face instantly brightened as she nudged Taeyeon a bit before pointing over at everyone else.

 

“Wow.. look at them. It’s good that they were able to achieve their dream.” (SH) Everyone else seemed to nod in agreement as Taeyeon and Jessica began to make their way towards them. No one at the orphanage didn’t know about how hard Taeyeon and Jessica had worked to become singers. In fact, practically everyone had become friends with the two because of their personalities and because their voices had drawn them in at one point.

 

“Oh my god! Look at all of you! You all look great!” (J) Jessica giggled as she began going to each and every one of them, giving them a delicate hug. Taeyeon held her smile, attempting to examine everyone. They really did all look great and Taeyeon was glad that they didn’t seem to be in any sort of trouble. Of course.. appearances were always misleading, weren’t they?

 

“Um..” (JU) Taeyeon looked at Jongup, whom was currently standing a small distance away. He seemed nervous about something and he also seemed to be holding something behind his back. Unlike Taeyeon though, Daehyun instantly already knew what Jongup was about to ask. He seemed to have become quite excited about the party and even brought along a certain album that he’s deemed his favorite. “Can I.. have your autograph?” (JU)

 

Taeyeon’s smile seemed to only warm up as she nodded. Almost instantly, Jongup held out the album that he was hiding along with a white sharpie marker. Taking the album and the marker into her hands, she signed the album with the marker before holding it out to Jessica to sign. After she gave one more quick hug, Jessica quickly signed the album as well before holding it out towards Jongup. “You shouldn’t be shy about asking for an autograph from us! We’re friends after all.” (J)
 

Jongup nodded a bit before he quickly ran off to the side where the rest of his friends were. From what he could see, Daehyun could see just how excited Jongup was with how he was hopping in place while showing off his newly signed album. Well, at least he was glad that Jongup was having fun. “Gosh.. we should all hang out more when we have time! Here. I’ll give each and every one of you our numbers, yeah? Myungsoo would you be a dear and help us?” (J)

 

Myungsoo nodded a bit before pulling out his phone. As they did that, Taeyeon seemed to have finally remember something as she pulled the other two girls with her a little closer to the group. “Oh! And this is Yoona and Sooyoung. Yoona is a model under our agency and Sooyoung is an MC also under our agency.” (TY)

 

Both of them slightly bowed their heads as they smiled and greeted everyone. As they each conversed with one another, the last two people that could arrive had finally shown up. The tallest out of the two quickly spotted everyone and had begun running towards their direction, but the second his eyes landed on Jongup, he quickly beelined towards the shorter male. Yongguk chuckled a bit, but he continued to make his way towards the group. “Hey, Daehyun. Where’s Young Jae?” (BY)

 

“Young Jae? Oh.. uh.. I think he’s out on the balcony still..” (DH) Yongguk raised a single brow, taking note of Daehyun’s odd behavior. However, he merely shrugged it off as he looked off towards the direction of the balcony. Luckily, there were large windows that allowed him to look outside, so Yongguk was able to see the male in question, still standing by the railing that Daehyun had left him by.

 

“I guess I’ll leave him there for now.. Did everyone show up?” (BY) He looked at each person, noting whom was who. He recognized most of the people there, but the second his gaze landed on a certain person, whom just so happened to be looking his way as well, he turned a slight bit red as he looked away. Yongguk has had a crush on this person for quite a while, even since childhood, but just like Daehyun and Young Jae, he couldn’t bring himself to confessing. However, it was still at least nice to see that he seemed to be doing well.

 

“Hey. You’re not even going to say hi to me?” (HC) Yongguk looked at Himchan, whom was now standing much closer than before. Has Himchan always been this forward? Well, he wouldn’t know. Himchan had gotten adopted before he did, so Yongguk couldn’t exactly say what Himchan’s personality may be now. “You look good.” (HC)

 

“Yeah… thanks. You too.” (BY) Yongguk didn’t know it now, but Himchan was currently waiting for more of a response than that. When it was clear that he wasn’t going to be getting any other kind of compliment, Himchan let out a sigh before deciding to let it go. It wasn’t all that important anyway, so he didn’t see the point of getting worked up over it.

 

Making his way over to the group, Young Jae had finally sorted out his thoughts and felt like he has neglected his guests long enough. Just as he made eye contact with Daehyun, whom gave him a small smile, Tiffany had quickly grabbed hold of Young Jae’s arm before tugging him a bit. Young Jae looked down at her hands before looking up at her smiling face. “Come on! There are a lot of people that want to talk to you.” (TF)

 

Glancing over at Daehyun once more, the two continued to stare at one another as Young Jae reluctantly allowed Tiffany to pull him away. Letting out a sigh, Young Jae looked over at the rest of the people whom had shown up. These were all people that his mother had invited, various kids of other rich people that she was currently friends with. Yes, Young Jae knew all of them, but that didn’t mean that he enjoyed their company as much as his other friends and acquaintances. “So.. Where do we begin?” (YJ)

 

“Richard wants to talk with you first about possible business negotiations. He said that since you’re working to be a doctor, he would like to possibly end up working with you with building up hospital chains around the area.” (TF) Another sigh escaped his lips as they made their way to the person that she had brought up. Business was the last thing he wanted to talk about at a party that was supposed to be about catching up with old friends, but it seemed like he didn’t really have much of a choice.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After finally calming Jongup down and getting him to put his album away, the small group of plotting boys continued to stare between Daehyun and Young Jae. Letting out a sigh, Jin folded his arms as he turned to the rest of the males. “Well.. What do you guys think we should do? What if Tiffany really is dating Young Jae?” (JI)

 

“But we don’t know if that’s true. She could be a sister or just clinging onto Young Jae like people do.” (BH) There were far too many possibilities, but if Tiffany really is dating Young Jae, then it just made things difficult. There wouldn’t be any set way to get Young Jae and Daehyun together if Young Jae was already taken.

 

“Why not just get Daehyun and Young Jae drunk and stick them into a room ..? They’ll end up having , right?” (K) Jin, despite having a different plan, thought that the idea seemed like it could possibly work. Sure, the two would be drunk and there wouldn’t be much love behind the drunken , but it could possibly end up developing some sort of love between the two. Of course, that wasn’t the greatest idea.

 

“No! That’s not a good idea at all. We should come up with something.. well, better.” (BH)

 

“Then make Young Jae jealous to the point that he’ll feel as if he has to keep Daehyun to himself.” (K) Jongin shrugged as he folded his arms. These were the only ideas he could come up with, but at least he was trying to come up with something. He didn’t see anyone else throwing out ideas.

 

“I.. don’t know if that’s a good idea. Wouldn’t Young Jae not say anything if he really is dating Tiffany?” (JU) That, of course, was possibly true. Sadly, it seemed like no matter what ideas they came up with, there wasn’t necessarily anything that would be help make the situation any better.

 

Sadly, each one of them continued going back and forth, either throwing in ideas or rejecting them. It was difficult to come up with the right answer to this problem, but they were at least eliminating the ideas that wouldn’t work.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Once it seemed like most of the people had arrived, Young Jae had the servants show everyone to their tables. Young Jae had it to where there was assigned seating, though people were allowed to switch up their seats if they so desired.

 

There was a reason as to why Young Jae had created assigned seating for everyone, of course. He wanted to make sure that he wasn’t by any of the people that he didn’t like, but he also wanted to make sure that he was able to catch up with everyone else without having to worry about anything related to business. It was just something that he did not want to have to deal for at least one day.

 

 

Once everyone found their way to their seats, the quintet started up as the servants went around serving whatever drinks that the people requested. Stepping onto the platform that had been set up in the middle of the room, though he didn’t necessarily recall asking for it to be set up, Young Jae somehow managed to get everyone to quiet down in an attempt to gain their attention. He allowed to quintet to continue playing, though they made certain to play quietly as he began speaking to everyone.

 

“I want to thank everyone for coming tonight. This party is a day to just celebrate and be around good friends, maybe even make new friends along the way. I do hope that everyone enjoys their time here an-” (YJ) Before he could finish saying what he wanted to say, the sound of loud music quickly interrupted his mini speech. The sounds of the music bounced off of the walls, echoing loudly throughout the room as the person responsible entered the room. With a grin, the male walked up to the platform with a cocky look on his face as he set the radio down onto the platform. Clearing his throat, the male motioned for Young Jae to step off of the platform before standing by the pole in the middle.

 

Once Young Jae did so, though a bit confused, everyone had their attention on the male whom was now holding onto the pole with a cocky smirk on his face. Once he removed his shades, a few people instantly recognized just whom this male was. “The party animal is in the house, es!”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

[[ My Own Thoughts:

 

Yay >3<..

Finally got around to typing up this chapter ;; ~<3

I purposely left the person’s name off to create a bit of.. suspense, buuut..

I’m sure some people (if not all) have already figured out who it is. xD

Hopefully it wasn’t too obvious >3<..

 

Anyway, comments are loved!

I like knowing what everyone thinks of the fanfic thus far. x3

Plus, it’s nice to talk to everyone every now and then. x3 ]]