fourteen

Yes, I'm Hero

Index:

(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(TF) - Tiffany speaking

(MY) - Mommy Yoo (Hanbi) speaking
(HK) - Hyunki speaking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long has it been since he’s left the orphanage? Twelve, maybe thirteen years already? It has been far too long since then, but.. there was nothing he could do to change the past. Even if he had kept in contact with everyone back at the orphanage, he doubted that he would have been able to meet with them or anything like that. After all, he has had a relatively busy life.

Ever since he had gotten adopted, Young Jae had been living a rather different lifestyle than what he was used to. His parents, to his surprise, were rich people. While his father was the owner and president of a furniture company, his mother was the president of a fashion design company. Thanks to his new parents, he now lived in an insanely large mansion that he had gotten lost in a couple of times during his first few months there. Still, he did like his new parents and his new home... to an extent.

His new father was a bit more strict than his birth father, but he wasn’t as mean as his birth mother. There were a lot of things he needed to learn, which Young Jae didn’t mind, but it had been rather overwhelming when he had first started. The tasks or things he had been given to learn ranged from a variety of things, ranging from something as calm as painting to learning various martial arts to defend himself. No matter what he was given, even if it was difficult, Young Jae would try his best to make his parents proud of him. Whenever he accomplished a task or did something extremely well, then Young Jae would be rewarded with whatever he wanted. If he didn’t do something right, he only got a simple slap on the back of his hand before he was sent along his way. It greatly confused Young Jae, whom was used to harsher punishments, but he accepted it nonetheless.

Young Jae probably would have loved staying here if it wasn’t for his older brother, Kyungsoo. Now, Kyungsoo was adopted just like him, but he had been adopted a few years earlier. Because of Kyungsoo’s jealousy of not being an only child anymore, Kyungsoo would constantly pick on and tease Young Jae. He would even blame Young Jae for some things that he hadn't done just to get Young Jae into trouble, though luckily, it didn’t seem to work out in Kyungsoo’s favor since their mother seemed to always see through their lies.

As Young Jae grew older, his love for art seemed to develop. He had an active imagination and as such, he was able to create sketches that could have easily become final drafts or paintings that seemed to touch a person’s soul. Sadly, his father didn’t approve of this profession since in his eyes, it wouldn’t be enough to support a family. Even if Young Jae had looked up articles and had undeniable proof about how there were artists that actually made money, his father didn’t seem to want to hear it. It even came to the point that Young Jae’s father had to forbid Young Jae from doing so just to get the topic to end.

So, in the end, Young Jae had decided to become a doctor as his mother had suggested. It was something that his father approved upon and at least this way, he might be able to save someone that had the same symptoms as his birth father. Sadly, Young Jae wasn’t exactly the type whom could absorb information all that easily. Even with the amount of studying he had accomplished, Young Jae didn’t understand some of it, making it difficult to make the grades that he needed to make it into a good medical school. Still, that didn’t stray him from his path. He just needed to try a bit harder was all.

Sadly, with this choice of becoming a doctor, there was a condition that had been thrown in. Since Young Jae wasn’t following his father’s path, his father wanted to add something that would allow Young Jae to become a doctor. It was something that Young Jae didn’t like and had to think about, but he reluctantly soon ended up agreeing to this condition.

Constantly, his thoughts drifted off to Daehyun. Was he okay? Was he doing well? Did he get adopted as well? What was he doing with his life? So many questions roamed in his head, but he just didn’t seem to have the answers to any of these questions. After so many years apart, Young Jae was uncertain about calling the orphanage. After all, Daehyun could have forgotten about him. There was just no way that he still remembered him or the promises that they had made, right? So.. in a way, Young Jae had managed to talk himself into not keeping the promises they made.

He regretted his decision, but.. there was nothing he could do about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A small sigh escaped his lips as he stared at himself in the mirror. He had to look his best today, or at least he had to look decent. It wasn’t as different as any other day really, but might as well dress for the occasion, right? Since he didn’t have any school for the day, he had arranged plans to spend the day as nicely and as smoothly as possible. After all, even though he didn’t have to worry about a first impression or anything, he still had to act like a gentleman.

Act like a gentleman, huh? It seems like all he’s ever done since he’s arrived here was acting like someone else. No. Best not to think about it. Just keep going along with what’s been planned and everything will turn out fine. His parents would continue to love and support him and he could somehow manage to be happy in all of this. After all, his second choice at a career had always been a doctor, right? So.. maybe it wouldn’t be so bad.

Still, he needed to get his grades up. Even after getting into a good University somehow, Young Jae was still having trouble studying. Constant B’s and C’s just didn’t look good no matter what anyone said and if he didn’t raise them soon, he would be overlooked for positions once he graduated. That was definitely something that he wasn’t going to allow.

With yet another sigh, Young Jae smoothed out his button down shirt and looked over himself before he made sure that he had everything that he needed with him. Once he was certain, he took in a deep breath before he finally left his bedroom. Hopefully, neither one of his parents would decide to make him bring one of the servants along. Today, his bodyguard had to take off due to some personal problems involving his parents, so Young Jae wouldn’t necessarily be safe from any sort of dangers that would be thrown his way. Still, he was capable of taking care of himself and besides, it’s not like he was going to head anywhere shady anyway.

Making his way down the long hallway, Young Jae had just entered the front lobby when a voice called out to him. Looking around, he could see his mother’s personal servant, Hyunki, making his way towards him. He’s grown quite old over the years, but that didn’t mean that he didn’t have as much energy as everyone else. In fact, he was probably the most energetic of the servants. Once he had caught up, Hyunki gave that usual warm smile of his as he held his hands behind his back. “Your mother would like to see you before you leave, young sir.” (HK)

“Okay. She’s in the garden, right?” (YJ) Once Hyunki nodded, Young Jae dismissed Hyunki before he began walking down the slightly spiral staircase. Although it was a minor sidetrack to where he was originally headed towards, Young Jae always did like going to the garden. His mother’s favorite flowers had always been between lilies, daffodils, daisies, and the frangipani, but she did grow all kinds of flowers. In his opinion, Young Jae thought that the colors brought out the garden rather nicely, especially the daisies. Young Jae could still remember the smile on Daehyun’s face when Young Jae had given Daehyun those daffodils all those years ago. It was definitely one of his most favorite moments despite the fact that Mister Buttons had been taken from him that day.

He came to an abrupt stop as his face soon reddened. Young Jae could also clearly remember what he had done to Daehyun after giving him the flower and he regretted doing it. What was he thinking at the time?! That had been an inappropriate thing to do to another person, even if he did believe that kissing one’s injuries would help make it feel better! He rubbed his cheeks and shook his head as he began walking once more. Young Jae just needed to get the thoughts out of his head. That had been a long while ago and it made no difference if he ended up thinking about things that he had done in the past.

Stepping outside, Young Jae looked around for a bit as he tried to look for his mother. The garden was relatively expansive, making it difficult to instantly spot anyone within. They had only about two or three gardeners, but that was mostly because his mother preferred to take care of the plants herself. Rubbing the back of his head, Young Jae decided that it would be faster to just look for her within the garden itself. Before he could step into what he considered a maze, a voice quickly called out to him. “Oh, Young Jae! I’m over here, dearie! Over here! Come over here!” (MY)

Turning towards the source of the voice, Young Jae smiled a bit as he made his way over to his mom. Sitting down at the round garden table, Young Jae had just started to get comfortable when his mother set a cup of what he assumed was tea and a plate with about two round biscuits in front of him. He wasn’t really in a hurry, but he also wasn’t necessarily in the mood for tea. Still, he merely smiled and bowed his head in thanks as he took a sip of his tea. Setting the cup down gently, Young Jae wiped his mouth with the napkin that his mother had just handed him before looking up at her. “Is there something that you needed, mother?” (YJ)

“Oh.. Can’t a mother just want to spend time with her son once in a while? My my my.. You have grown so much. I still remember just how small you were when I first saw you and now look at you. You’re so tall and so handsome. I’m certain that all of the women are fawning over you!” (MY) She let out a slight chuckle before taking a sip of her tea. Young Jae was a bit embarrassed by his mother’s words, but he somehow managed to maintain his composure. Moving a little closer to the edge of her seat, Hanbi smiled a bit more as she briefly brushed her bangs from her face. “Do pick some flowers and give them to Tiffany for me, won’t you? Tell her to come visit too.” (MY)

“Okay, mom.” (YJ) Getting up from his seat, Young Jae dusted himself off a bit before turning away. He had just taken a single step towards the garden when he heard his mother clearing . Standing still for the time being, Young Jae looked at his mother, whom still held that same smile of hers. “Is there something else?” (YJ)

“Why yes, dear! You haven’t finished your tea and biscuits!” (MY) Hanbi used a single hand to motion towards the tea and biscuits that Young Jae nearly left behind. With a small smile, Young Jae quickly drank the tea before picking up the biscuits. He was about to run off to the garden, but he heard his mother clear once more. With a brief sigh, Young Jae looked back at his mom. “Dear, you know how I feel about doing any sort of gardening while eating.” (MY)

“I know, but I don’t want to be late. I’ll finish the biscuits before I get the flowers, okay?” (YJ) Hanbi thought on it for a moment before giving a small nod. With a smile, Young Jae quickly went around and gave his mom a hug before he ran off towards the garden. Sure, it wasn’t necessarily the best thing to do when wearing dress shoes, but he just wanted to head out and go about with his plans already.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the gardener’s help, he had been able to pick the flowers he wanted to use for the bouquet that his mom wanted delivered. Young Jae had chosen to use daisies, which he personally liked. He didn’t really know what flowers Tiffany liked, but he was just delivering these anyway. Looking at the bouquet for a moment, he smiled a bit before he began driving.

He had promised to meet Tiffany today, so the flowers didn’t necessarily delay his plans in any way. They were just going to have a nice lunch, go shopping for a bit, and then they were supposed to meet her friend somewhere. He didn’t necessarily know where, but he just knew that it was supposed to be a surprise. Hopefully, it would be somewhere fun, but knowing them, they might try to pull a prank on him again.

Letting out a small sigh, Young Jae briefly glanced down at the cup in the cup holder that was located just above the radio. He had gotten a cup of coffee for some reason, but he didn’t really feel like drinking it. Young Jae felt obligated to drinking it, but he didn’t really want it. Just as he was about to force himself to drink some of it, that familiar ring tone of his quickly drew his attention.

Pulling his phone out, Young Jae checked the screen for a moment just to see who it was. With a small smile, Young Jae put the phone up to his ear as he pressed the green button to answer the call. “Hello?” (YJ)

“Young Jae~! I’m looking forward to spending the day with you today! Are you almost here?” (TF)

“Mm.. No, not yet. I just left.” (YJ) Young Jae could hear Tiffany let out a small whine, but she didn’t seem to be annoyed that he may be running a little late. He was rather grateful for it at least, but he still felt bad for making Tiffany wait. He probably would drive a bit faster, but it would be rather irresponsible to drive too far above the speed limit. “I’ll be there soon, alright? Don’t worry about it. I’m already in the city.” (YJ)

“Weeellll... Okay! See you soon!” (TF) Young Jae would have said his goodbyes, but the call had ended rather quickly. Putting his phone down in the empty cup holder, Young Jae took hold of his cup of coffee. He tested it by barely letting the liquid touch his lips before he began taking a sip. This, however, seemed to be a problem because the second he had done so, a car soon cut him off before harshly stomping on their breaks.

Young Jae instantly slammed on his breaks, dropping his cup of coffee as he took hold of the wheel with both hands. Once he had somehow come to a stop, Young Jae glared angrily at the car in front of him before blaring the car horn. In response, the driver in front of him rolled down his window before sticking his head out. The driver held that victorious smirk on his face as he gave a thumbs up. Young Jae was about to roll down his window to yell at him, but the driver had pulled himself back into his car before racing off.

Why did it have to be Kyungsoo of all people? His older brother seemed to be a sadist of some sorts if he nearly caused an accident between them. Now, because of Kyungsoo, his clothes were completely ruined by his coffee. It didn’t really help that he was currently wearing a white button up shirt as well. Young Jae let out a small groan as he picked up his cup and put it into the cup holder. What was he supposed to do now? He couldn’t show up to lunch like this. There had to be some sort of way to get it cleaned up or at least somewhere where he could buy new clothes.

For now, maybe he could try getting it cleaned up first. It wouldn’t do well to let it stain like this, so that meant that he was going to have to go to a store or something to get it cleaned up. Looking around, his eyes soon landed on a nearby store. They had to have what he was looking for, right? Just a minor stop wouldn’t hurt anyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking around, his eyes searched the aisles for whatever it was that he was looking for. There had to be something here that would clean him up or at least keep the coffee from staining, right? There were a plethora of commercials and such on these products and the one time that he needed them, these items just seemed to be completely missing or hiding from him. It wasn’t exactly something that he enjoyed, but he wasn’t about to back down.

Still.. it was relatively embarrassing to be walking around with a large brown spot all over him. It didn’t really help that his clothes were wet, making it quite uncomfortable to walk around in. He just wanted to get whatever it was that he needed, use the bathroom if the store had one, and then be on his way if he managed to clean himself up well. It was a simple plan that seemed to be his best course of action, right?

The sound of something crashing onto the floor soon pulled his attention. Looking around, he attempted to locate the source of the crash out of mere curiosity. Sure, he had more pressing matters to tend to, but maybe they would need some help to pick everything up. Peeking around one of the corners, he finally noticed whom he assumed was the manager yelling at one of the employees. The employee had light pink hair and was constantly bowing his head, but Young Jae could only see the back of his head so he couldn’t really tell if he was apologizing or begging for mercy.

“..-’ll let it slide this time, Daehyun. Just make sure to clean it up.” Daehyun..? No, no.. That couldn’t be who he thought it was, right? It was far too much of a coincidence to just meet him at a store like this. Once the manager walked away, the employee seemed to move a bit before he began cleaning up the fallen items. Taking a step forward, Young Jae was about to talk to the employee before stopping himself.

What if this wasn’t the Daehyun that he knew? It would have been relatively awkward if he ended up talking to this employee and it turned out to be a different Daehyun. Although Daehyun may not be a common name, that didn’t necessarily mean that it wasn't a common name either. With a small sigh, Young Jae was about to step away when realizing that his body didn’t seem to want to move away.

Something in him was telling him to at least check and make certain that this wasn’t the Daehyun he had been waiting for after so long. Young Jae just wanted to make sure and if this wasn’t the Daehyun he knew, then he could just simply apologize and be on his way. Taking in a deep breath, Young Jae turned back towards the employee as he began slowly walking towards him. His heart was beating fast, his palms were starting to feel moist, and his legs were shaking. Why was he acting like this? He wasn’t even certain that this was really him, though.. the suspense may be the reason this was happening in the first place.

Stopping just a few feet away from him, Young Jae slowly reached forward. He was simply going to tap his shoulder, see his face, and speak to the man. It was going to be simple, right? It just had to be simple! His hand shook and as much as he wanted to bolt out the door and just drop the entire thing altogether, Young Jae had managed to tap the employee’s shoulder. The employee turned and the second they saw one another’s faces, their eyes widened as they couldn’t help but staring with surprise at one another.

“I.. uh.. Do you...” (YJ) He just had to ask. It was simple. It was supposed to be one of the most simplest things to do, so why  was he finding difficulty doing it?! Taking in a deep breath, Young Jae briefly glanced around a bit before remembering about his clothes. “D-Do you have something to remove the stain on my clothes?!” (YJ)

The employee stared for a brief moment before slowly nodding. Getting to his feet, the employee looked around here and there before he began walking. Young Jae followed, mentally slapping his forehead for chickening out. He was supposed to be past this, but it seemed like the thought of this employee being whom he was looking for just brought out his real self. It was annoying, but he was just going to have to deal with it.

Coming to a stop in the middle of one of the aisles, the employee took hold of a long and thin box before looking at it for a bit. Young Jae stood a little too close to the male as he looked over his shoulder. He knew that he shouldn’t be standing this close, but he felt comfortable doing this for some reason. Once the employee turned around, he jumped a bit before the two ended up staring at one another once again. It was becoming awkward and Young Jae was starting to feel his composure beginning to thin when finally, he forced himself to break the silence. “I uh.. T-Thank you! I have to go!” (YJ)

Taking hold of the box, Young Jae barely bowed his head before he began quickly walking away from the embarrassment he had produced. What was wrong with him?! There hadn’t been a single moment in his life where he had acted like that! He mentally slapped his forehead, trying to make amends for something that couldn’t be fixed. He was about to turn the corner when suddenly, he felt a pair of arms wrap around his shoulders. Young Jae’s eyes widened as he looked down at the pair of arms before attempting to look over his shoulder. “W-What are you doing..?” (YJ)

“Are you.. Young Jae? You’re.. You’re Young Jae, right? You used to be an orphan, right? Is it really you..? It’s me, Daehyun.. Please tell me you’re who I think you are..” (DH) Daehyun couldn’t have mistaken it. Although he has indeed grown up significantly, Daehyun recognized Young Jae almost instantly. This man had to be who he thought he was. If he was wrong, then.. he wouldn’t know what to do once more.

As Daehyun waited for a response, Young Jae had stiffened. What was he supposed to say? Why was he so nervous?! His heart was beating rapidly, mostly because he had truly found Daehyun after so long! He bit back tears as he reached up and touched Daehyun’s arm. Was it best to let him know that it was him or.. should he deny it? Taking in a deep breath he slowly lowered Daehyun’s arms and took a step forward before looking at Daehyun. “How did you know it was me..?” (YJ)

“So, you really are Young Jae!” (DH) Daehyun felt joy practically burst through him as he pulled Young Jae in for a tight hug. His grin held as the two stood like this for another few seconds before Young Jae pulled away once more. Young Jae nodded, but he wasn’t certain if this had been the right choice. “How has your life been? Have your parents been treating you well?” (DH)

“Yeah.. They have. It’s been fine, but how did you know it was me?” (YJ) Daehyun held his grin as he put a hand on Young Jae’s shoulder before giving it a squeeze.

“You haven’t changed much! It was easy to recognize you.” (DH) Had he really not changed much since his childhood? Sadly, the same thing couldn’t be said about Daehyun. He almost didn’t recognize Daehyun because of his hair and glasses. His glasses wasn’t the kind he had when he was a child, so it almost made him look like a different person. Still, Daehyun has definitely changed a lot, but in a good way. “Man.. It’s been so long since we’ve seen each other! See? Didn’t I tell you? We’d meet again when we’re older! We managed to keep our promise to each other!” (DH)

Daehyun hopped a bit in joy before pulling Young Jae into a tight hug again. Young Jae couldn’t help but smile as well as he slowly brought his arms around Daehyun’s waist. Even though they haven’t seen each other in so long, Young Jae couldn’t help but feel comfortable around Daehyun like this. Letting out a relaxed sigh, they stood there for a moment before Young Jae finally pulled away. No.. He couldn’t do this. He just.. couldn’t keep the promises he had made with Daehyun all this years ago. “So.. uh.. how have you been?” (YJ)

“I’ve been good, but look at you! You’re a mess! Come on. I’ll get you cleaned up. It’s my break anyway.” (DH) Young Jae would have protested, especially since he had to meet Tiffany at the restaurant, but he ended up nodding instead. With a grin, Daehyun took hold of Young Jae’s hand before pulling him along. Walking up to the counter, where his boss currently was, Daehyun held his grin as he took his apron off and set it on the counter. “Taking my lunch break! I’ll be back soon, okay?” (DH)

The manager merely nodded as he took the apron off of the counter and hid it on the shelf underneath the counter. Jin stared, mostly at their hands, as Daehyun and Young Jae began walking off. What was that about? Was that the person that Daehyun had been looking for? If so, then.. he definitely looked nothing like he had imagined.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A small tint of red continually graced his cheeks as Young Jae shyly sat on the couch in Daehyun’s clothes. Somehow, he had been talked into changing into Daehyun’s clothes before Daehyun went off to wash his clothes. Daehyun had even included underwear, to which Young Jae had been reluctant to wear. He felt completely awkward wearing this, mostly because he felt like he was invading Daehyun’s privacy somehow, but Young Jae kept quiet about it. After all, Daehyun was going through all of the trouble to help him out, so he probably shouldn’t complain for the time being.

Looking around, Young Jae could see just how small the apartment was. The living room was about three times the width of the hallway that led to the bedrooms, the bathroom, and the laundry room. The only thing separating the living room and the kitchen was the island that was connected to the left wall and the front door was on the opposite wall, which was separated by an archway. It was small and comfy, but it was something he had grown out of ever since being adopted.

Soon enough, Daehyun emerged into the living room with a grin on his face. Young Jae never did understand how Daehyun could always be so happy, but then again, maybe it had been because of this meeting. Daehyun always was so happy whenever they were together, so in a way, it made sense. Once Daehyun was close enough, he sat on the chair opposite of Young Jae. “Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat?” (DH)

“Ah.. no.. I actuall-” (YJ) Before he could finish his sentence, his phone began ringing. Pulling his phone out from his pocket, he looked at the screen before looking up at Daehyun. Daehyun nodded, holding a small smile as he sat back in his seat. Young Jae pressed the green button on his phone before putting it up to his ear. “Hello?” (YJ)

“Where are you? Are you almost here?” (TF) What was he supposed to say? Looking up at Daehyun, he could see him looking away, almost as if he was trying to give him his privacy. Young Jae felt bad, but.. he knew that he couldn’t just leave Daehyun after finally meeting up with him again. Tiffany would understand, right..?

“I.. uh.. I’m going to have to cancel our plans today.” (YJ)

“Huh?! Why?” (TF)

“Well.. I, uh.. I ran into an old friend today and I.. want to catch up with him. Is that alright?” (YJ) There was silence for a brief moment, making things relatively awkward. Looking up at Daehyun, he could see the regret on Daehyun’s face, but Young Jae merely smiled as he shook his head.

“Yeah, it’s okay! Just make it up to me on Saturday, okay?” (TF)

“Yeah.. okay. I’ll see you then, Tiffany.” (YJ) Hanging up his phone, Young Jae let out a small sigh as he put his phone into his pocket. Daehyun sat up a bit, moving up to the edge of his seat as he hunched over a bit to put his elbows on his knees.

“You didn’t have to cancel your plans for me.” (DH) Young Jae held his smile as he quickly shook his head. He didn’t want Daehyun to feel bad. After all, this had been his decision. He hadn’t been forced into doing something that he didn’t want to do.

“No, it’s fine, really! I-I.. uh.. I wanted to catch up, like I said.” (YJ) Daehyun briefly nodded, though he wasn’t necessarily convinced. He was about to get up to go get them something to eat or drink, but a brief question came up on his mind. Who exactly was this Tiffany and what was his relationship to her?

“Who’s Tiffany? Is she.. your girlfriend?” (DH) Young Jae instantly froze as he stared at Daehyun with wide eyes. What was he supposed to say?! He looked around, trying to come up with an answer before he smiled a bit.

“Ah.. don’t worry about it. She’s just a close friend.” (YJ) Daehyun nodded, but again, he wasn’t necessarily convinced. Getting up to his feet, Daehyun began to make his way over to the kitchen as he stretched a bit.

“Is there anything you would like?” (DH) Young Jae thought on it again as he held his stomach a bit. Since he had canceled his plans with Tiffany today, that meant that he technically had no plans to eat now. With a smile, Young Jae got to his feet as he quickly followed after Daehyun into the kitchen.

“What do you have?” (YJ)

“I have some left over spaghetti and.. left over fried noodles, and.. left over fried rice. Which one do you want?” (DH) Young Jae scratched the side of his head as he stared at the containers. Did all he really have were leftovers? There wasn’t anything he could use to make something new? Well, maybe it would be alright to eat one of these.

“Uh.. I guess the fried noodles..” (YJ) Pulling out the spaghetti and the noodles, Daehyun closed the fridge before making his way over to the microwave. Young Jae went around and sat at one of the stools by the island as he watched Daehyun produce what they needed once the food was done heating. Young Jae wasn’t necessarily used to seeing someone use the microwave, though that might just be because he’s never in the kitchen when someone is cooking. “So.. uh.. Have you graduated from University?” (YJ)

“Hm? Oh, um.. no. I didn’t go.” (DH)

“Why?” (YJ) Daehyun let out a quiet sigh as the beeping from the microwave signaled that it was done. Taking out the first container, he put in the next one before he began heating that one up. Using a pair of chopsticks, he stirred the contents within the container before making his way over to the island and handing the friend noodles to Young Jae.

“I’m waiting until Jongup finishes before I go. I can’t really work and support both of us while sending the both of us to University.” (DH) Young Jae thought on it for a moment. He did recall hearing that Daehyun and Jongup were living together, but he couldn’t recall if Daehyun had mentioned getting adopted. If he had been adopted, then his parents might have been able to help him with the expenses... right? However, he decided not to bring it up for the time being.

“It must be hard..” (YJ) He couldn’t really understand the hardships that Daehyun was going through. Everything practically came to him on a silver platter, but maybe he could do something to help Daehyun out. Leaning forward a bit, Young Jae set his elbows on the island as he smiled a bit. “Would you like me to help you?” (YJ)

“Help me with what?” (DH)

“Your financial problems. I can handle everything.” (YJ) Daehyun paused just as he was about to grab the handle on the microwave. He didnt’ know whether he should be grateful or offended that Young Jae had offered something like that. Though, knowing how Young Jae is, he let out a small sigh as he opened the microwave door.

“No.. It’s alright. I don’t want to be a problem for you.” (DH)

“But-” (YJ)

“It’s alright.” (DH) Daehyun stirred the contents within his container before making his way around and sitting next to Young Jae. With a grin, Daehyun gave a thumbs up before pointing at himself. “After all, what kind of hero would I be if I took money from the one I’m supposed to be keeping happy?” (DH)

Daehyun gave Young Jae’s shoulder a slight squeeze before he began eating. Young Jae didn’t necessarily like the idea of letting Daehyun do all the work, but he couldn’t just force Daehyun to let him pay for everything. With a small sigh, he picked up his chopsticks before he began to eat as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ My Own Thoughts:

Okay >3<..
They finally meet. x3
(Yes, I’ve had this type of meeting planned for a while. xD)
Fairly simple and cliche, buut.. I dunno. xD
I could have made things complicated, but that can wait until later... Mwaha..
At least they’re starting to catch up. -/nod-

Comments are loved!
I love to see what everyone thinks of the fanfic thus far. x3
Plus, it’s nice to talk to everyone once in a while. x3 ]]