nineteen

Yes, I'm Hero

Index:

(DO) - Kyungsoo speaking
(WH) - Woohyun speaking
(BH) - Baekhyun speaking
(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(BY) - Yongguk speaking
(SH) - Seohyun speaking
(JU) - Jongup speaking
(Y) - Yuri speaking
(Z) - Zelo speaking
(JI) - Jin speaking

(MY) - Mommy Yoo (Hanbi) speaking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slowly, he stirred from his sleep as he heard the sound of movement here and there within the room. It would have been questionable as to why there was someone or something moving around so much, but his memories of last night already answered his question. Baekhyun’s boyfriend was leaving early in the morning since he didn’t want anyone to know whom he was with and where he was. Even if he did enjoy last night, that didn’t mean that Baekhyun was just going to let his boyfriend up and leave him all alone yet again.

No. This time, he needed to make a difference.

Opening his eyes, Baekhyun looked around for a moment. Since the light from outside was currently being blocked, the black light above that they had left on was showing the many pictures that had been drawn on the walls. Were they hand drawn? He wasn’t entirely certain, but this love hotel was definitely the best one he’s been to yet. Seeing the glowing images on the walls just made it seem so much more.. magical. Of course, he hadn’t been staring at the images last night. They were a little busy paying attention to one another to truly appreciate the amount of decoration that the designer had placed into the room.

Pushing himself up to a sitting position, he could tell that his boyfriend had already taken a shower without him. He was almost ready to head out, to which Baekhyun wasn’t all that happy about. Was he really that much in a hurry to not spend at least a little more time with him? Baekhyun couldn’t even recall the last time that they had cuddled in bed together, assuming they’ve ever cuddled at all. “You’re leaving already..?” (BH)

“I have stuff to do. Why? You wanna go for another round?” (DO) Kyungsoo looked over at Baekhyun, a smirk slowly playing along his lips as he tucked in his button down shirt. He wanted to leave before the sun rose so that no one would know what he’s been up to during the night, but he was already late for that. So, the best he could do was leave before his business meeting, which would be in about two hours or so.

“No, but.. can’t you stay for a little longer?” (BH) Baekhyun waited patiently as he watched Kyungsoo put on his business jacket. Once Kyungsoo let out a small sigh, Baekhyun already knew the answer to his own question. It was an obvious answer since he’s asked it before, but he wanted to at least give it a shot once more. Who knows? It could have been different this time and maybe it would be different next time.

“I have to head out. You already know that.” (DO) Walking over to the dresser, Kyungsoo began to pocket his belongings before standing in front of the mirror to examine his appearance. Baekhyun looked down at the bed as he tried to think. Should he try to summon up his thoughts from earlier? He really wanted to do what he had wished, but.. it wasn’t that easy. Still, now felt like the right time. If he didn’t do it now, then when? “You remember what we agreed to, right? Stay here and wait an hour after I’ve left.” (DO)

 “.. I don’t want to hide our relationship anymore..” (BH) Kyungsoo stopped in the middle of fixing his hair as his eyes glanced at the reflection of Baekhyun in the mirror. He could see the serious look on Baekhyun’s face and to be honest, Kyungsoo had been worried about this. Sure, Baekhyun wanting to make their relationship known would have happened sooner or later, but he would have preferred it if it had been much, much, MUCH later. Preferably never. Letting out a small sigh, Kyungsoo turned towards Baekhyun 

“You know VERY well why we can’t do that, Baekhyun.” (DO) Although he had a strong front, he could also hear the slightly annoyed tone in Kyungsoo’s voice. Baekhyun looked down at his lap, his thoughts trying to figure out what to say in order to convince Kyungsoo otherwise. It was important not to hide their relationship, right? Looking up as he felt the bed shift, he could see Kyungsoo now next to him as he reached forward and placed a hand on Baekhyun’s right thigh. “You understand, right?” (DO)

“I understand, but I don’t want to be like this anymore. I’m tired of being hidden on our dates and going around to different hotels just for us to sleep together.” (BH) Baekhyun had to stand strong for this. This was something that he really wanted and he couldn’t just back down so easily. However, the second he felt Kyungsoo’s hand tighten on his thigh, Baekhyun already knew where this would lead to.

“Baekhyun.. Don’t make me mad. We are keeping our relationship a secret whether you like it or not. If you don’t like it, then I can just as easily leave you and move on to someone else. How does that sound?” (DO) Was Kyungsoo... threatening to break up with him? Although Baekhyun had come to a conclusion that he would have to break up with Kyungsoo if things didn’t go the way he wanted, he.. didn’t want to break up with Kyungsoo yet. He had hope that Kyungsoo would at least change his mind soon before it came to that.

“O-Okay.. we.. we can keep it a secret..” (BH)

“Good. Now, come here.” (DO) Kyungsoo put a hand behind Baekhyun’s head and pulled him in as their lips collided with one another. While Kyungsoo was most definitely into practically Baekhyun’s lips off, Baekhyun wasn’t entirely into it. He merely acted enough just to satisfy Kyungsoo’s needs. Once their make out session had come to an end, Kyungsoo wiped his lips with the back of his wrist as he held that smirk of his. “Damn.. I can’t wait ‘til we do it again later.” (DO)

“Yeah..” (BH) Getting up to his feet, Kyungsoo fixed his jacket as he soon made his way out of the room. Upon hearing the door close, Baekhyun ruffled his hair in complete frustration as he laid back down in bed. Putting an arm over his forehead, Baekhyun looked up at the glowing figures on the ceiling. There just had to be some sort of way for them to come out with their relationship, but he just couldn’t come up with any sort of idea.

Why couldn’t things just go the way he wanted?

Within the elevator, Kyungsoo leaned against the elevator wall as he held his smirk. He probably shouldn’t have made out with Baekhyun again since it seemed to always make him , but could he help it? His little boy toy was just so damn irresistible. If he didn’t have that damn meeting that he needed to attend, then he probably would have gone for another round. Still, he needed to make certain that Baekhyun knew his place. He was simply a toy for him to play with and if he wanted more, then his cute little was just going to have to be dropped. It was easy enough for him to get another toy to play with. Though, that soon made him wonder who his next toy should be. His thoughts instantly fell on Yongguk, Young Jae’s damn bodyguard. Just dominating that pretentious bastard would be the greatest achievement yet. Then.. he could make both Yongguk and Young Jae scream with ecstasy. Pain would work too, but it was much more satisfying when they were under his complete control. After all, he hated both of them. Might as well prove that he was the dominate man.

As the elevator came to a stop on his requested floor, his phone soon began to ring. Reaching into his pocket, Kyungsoo merely pressed the green button on his phone before putting it up to his ear. No point checking  it since it was usually someone important. “Yeah?” (DO)

“Kyungsoo, deary! Where are you? You weren’t in your bed when I sent the servant to come retrieve you!” (MY) Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as he stepped off of the elevator. Why did it have to be his mom of all people? She was the most annoying person that he has ever come to know, besides Young Jae, but she was also one of the two that he couldn’t yell at. The only thing he could do was put on a fake smile and pretend that he loved being around her at every second of his life.

“I had some things to do, so I left early. What did you need, mom?” (DO) Calling this woman his mother just sent bad chills down his spine. There were only a few times where he enjoyed her company, but that was relatively rare. She spoke far too often and she called everyone, and he means EVERYONE, her ‘deary’. She hadn’t been this annoying when he was younger, but maybe old age was starting to make her go senile.

“Well, Young Jae’s reunion party will be in about three weeks! Why don’t you invite some of your friends and have a good time with your brother?” (MY) A good time with his brother? The only good time he planned to have with him was definitely something his mother would not approve of.

“I’m not interested.” (DO)

“Oh, don’t be like that! You should invite some of your friends and enjoy the party as well! Do it for me, hm?” (MY) Kyungsoo sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He really could care less for his mother, but might as well make her happy. After all, his father loved his mother and if he planned to inherit the company, he had to play the good little son that they expected him to be.

“Alright. I’ll see who I can invite, okay?” (DO)

“Oh, good! I’m glad to hear that. I’ll see you at home later, alright? Okay dear, take care!” (MY) With that, the phone call was finally over. Kyungsoo put his phone away as he let out an irritated sigh. Why did he have to be in a family like this? A father he actually likes but is married to an annoying mother AND they had to decide to adopt another son whom was rather annoying as well. Well, maybe he could do something for his brother. A prank maybe?

Oh, that would be a good idea. Kyungsoo smirked as he began walking down the sidewalk. He already knew what kind of prank to pull. It would have to be during Young Jae’s party since it would leave quite the impression for Young Jae’s little friends and prove to their mother that Young Jae isn’t the little innocent boy that she assumed he was. After all, Kyungsoo was quite certain that Young Jae swung the same way that he did, so.. what better was to prove that than with a male stripper?

Ah, yes.. This was going to go quite nicely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daehyun hummed quietly to himself as he pushed a cart containing different kinds of goods inside of it. He was stocking the shelves yet again since there had been a sale just a few hours before. Every time that they had a sale, Daehyun was always rather surprised to see how fast people were to empty out a few of the shelves, but at least it helped the business out. Plus, their boss usually gave a small bonus every now and then to the employees working during the sale. Any extra money was always nice to have.

Well, at least it was enjoyable working at this grocery store. Sure, he could have worked elsewhere in order to get more money, but this job plus the job he had at the bookstore wasn’t all that stressful. Okay, so either job could be tiring from time to time, but the discounts from either place made it worth it. “Hey, Daehyun! PSSSST!” (JI)

Looking over to his right, he could see Jin waving for him to come over to the counter. Daehyun probably would have gone to see what Jin needed, but Daehyun still had quite a lot of things to restock before he clocked out. Maybe if he at least filled a few of the shelves, then he would have time to check out what Jin wanted to talk to him about. Ignoring Jin for the time being, Daehyun turned his attention back to the things he needed to stock before Jin’s voice could be heard yet again.PSSST! DAEHYUN! OVER HERE!” (JI)

Was it alright to continue ignoring Jin like this? Sure, Daehyun felt bad about it, but they did have a job to do after all. It’s not like he could just drop everything that needed to be done just to see what Jin wanted to talk about. If there was some sort of emergency, then Jin wouldn’t be loudly whispering all the way from the counter. However, it seemed like Jin wasn’t putting up with Daehyun’s hardheadedness. Daehyun was about to put one of the instant noodles onto the counter when he suddenly jumped from something touching his sides. The noodles went flying from his hand before knocking over a few of the items on the shelf behind them. Letting out a small sigh, Daehyun looked a bit angrily at Jin as the younger male simply grinned. “Daehyun! I want to get to know Young Jae. Will you call him and ask him if he wants to hang out with me and you?” (JI)

This couldn’t wait until after their shift was over or at least until they went on break again? Thanks to Jin’s surprise attack, he ended up knocking over a few things on the shelf behind them, increasing the amount of work that needed to be done. However, if he had just simply gone up to see what Jin needed, this probably could have been avoided either way. Well, there was no point in getting angry over the situation. Just fix it up and everything should be good as new. Luckily, there wasn’t anything breakable on the shelves behind them, so it should have been fine. Looking back at Jin, he let out a small sigh as he nodded. “Alright. I’ll see what I can do on my break, alright? Just don’t do that again.” (DH)

“ ‘Kay! Thanks Daehyun!” (JI) Just as Daehyun was about to go fix the knocked over items, Jin had been quick to beat him to it. Daehyun smiled a bit to himself as he went back to stocking the shelf that he was currently by. Well, since Jin was fixing the shelf over there, then it didn’t really delay his work for the time being. “So, how’s life treatin’ ya? Anything new and exciting happen since yesterday?” (JI)

Anything new and exciting? Daehyun couldn’t really recall anything that had occurred outside of his usual schedule. Nothing exciting usually happened during his daily life, so he couldn’t really tell Jin about anything. However, he did have this sort of feeling that was out of the ordinary. “Well.. Nothing much, but I just have this feeling.. this really weird feeling, almost as if I’m being watched or followed. It’s kind of creeping me out..” (DH)

“Watched? Followed? Oh! Who do you think it is? A secret admirer?” (JI) Daehyun merely shrugged as he set down another package of ramen on the top shelf. He had no idea whom could be watching him, but he hoped that it would come to an end soon. Like most people, he didn’t like the feeling of being watched or followed. It was starting to make him paranoid, which was usually something that didn’t happen with him. Sure, he was the type whom could get scared easily, but that didn’t mean that he was the type whom thought that monsters would pop up out of nowhere to eat him alive. “Oh! Do you think it might be a ghost that’s following you, or maybe it’s a succubus? Or maybe it could be a gay incubus! You could end up dying or even dead if you see them in your dreams! I heard that an incubus could even make you think that you’re pregnant..” (JI)

Jin shivered at the thought as he rubbed his belly. He couldn’t imagine what a woman had to go through while pregnant and in all honesty, he never wanted to find out. It was just weird to think of the possibility that there could be something just growing inside of him and it freaked him out a bit. That was probably the main reason why he never wanted to have children. “I don’t think it’s anything like that, but just get back to work, okay? We have a lot of stuff to do anyway.” (DH)

“Alright mister party pooper.” (JI) Daehyun didn’t exactly want to admit that he was starting to believe Jin’s words. Could he help it? This feeling he had made it seem real and he just didn’t want to end up thinking too much about it. Paranoia isn’t exactly something that he needed at this moment, or any moment for that matter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ticklish..? Maybe..?” (BY) Yongguk quietly chuckled to himself as he jotted down a few notes in his small note pad. Sitting at a cafe from across the street, Yongguk was watching Daehyun through the grocery store’s window. He had been following Daehyun around for the past few days because Young Jae had practically ordered him to do so. Well, it had been a request at first, but it ended up turning into an order the second Yongguk had begun teasing and questioning Young Jae about it. He was supposed to figure out Daehyun’s schedule, but Young Jae told him that if he could find out anything about Daehyun, then he should take notes on it. “Seems like he’s hard worker.. but he’s always been like that. Not much of a guess, is it?” (BY)

In Yongguk’s opinion, it didn’t really seem like a good idea to send him in to basically stalk Daehyun. The second Daehyun saw him, then there was a possibility that Daehyun might end up figuring out what was going on. It would have been better to hire someone else that was actually trained to find out information on someone, but guess he would have to do for the time being. Better than sending in one of the servants at least, right?

Almost as if on cue, Yongguk’s phone began to ring. He smirked a bit, pulling his phone out as he slightly shook his head. Looking at the caller ID, his assumption had indeed been correct. It really did turn out to be Young Jae calling yet again and it was rather depressing since it had only been ten minutes since the last time Young Jae called to get a status report. Pressing the green button on the phone, he put the phone up to his ear before taking in a slight breath. “I told you ten minutes ago that Daehyun’s still working.” (BY)

“I know, but.. Are you sure he’s still working? He’s not like.. taking a break or getting ready for lunch or maybe even getting ready to head somewhere? No one came to visit him or anything? A girl or.. maybe even a guy?” (YJ) Yongguk quietly chuckled as he leaned back in his chair. Putting his pen down, Yongguk took a hold of his drink.

“Nothing of the sort. Why? Are you jealous that he might be dating someone?” (BY) He could hear Young Jae stuttering in an attempt to form words that just didn’t seem to want to help Young Jae. When nothing understandable came through, it seemed like Young Jae finally went silent as small breathing could be heard. “Just wait patiently, a’ight? You told me to follow him for a week and I will. I’ll give you a report when I’m done.” (BY)

“Fine.. but.. I’m not jealous, okay? I just.. want to make sure that I can find a certain time and day when I can finally hang out with Daehyun without having to worry about clashing schedules.” (YJ) Yongguk had just been teasing Young Jae, but it seemed as if Young Jae had taken it a bit seriously. Was Young Jae really jealous about the possibility that Daehyun might be seeing someone? Well, it wasn’t really any of his business. If Young Jae wanted to keep it a secret, then might as well just let him keep it a secret.

“Well, go have fun. I have some work to do.” (BY) He could hear Young Jae attempting to try and stop him, but Yongguk quickly hung up his phone before putting it away. With a playful smile on his lips, he picked up his cup of coffee before putting the opening to his lips. Tilting his head back, he let the warm liquid slide down his throat as it filled him with its warmth. Putting the cup down, he let out a satisfied sigh as he looked back at the grocery store.

At least it was a good day to be out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entering one of the many restaurants, Jongup looked around. He was supposed to meet Woohyun and Seohyun here today to do some catching up. Daehyun would have come along as well, but sadly, he had work and Daehyun wasn’t the type to skip work just to catch up with old friends. It had only been about a few months since they’ve seen one another, but it was always good to continually update each other with what they’ve been up to. Jongup just wished that Daehyun was here also. It would have been more fun that way, right?

Since he was lost in his own thoughts, he hadn’t heard the hostess talking to him. She was simply just trying to help him find his way, but Jongup was a but too preoccupied with looking for his friends. Of course, he didn’t really need her help anyway. It was rather easy to find people in a not so busy restaurant. It helped that it wasn’t exactly lunch or dinner time just yet, otherwise it probably would be pretty busy. From what he’s heard about this restaurant, it was actually doing fairly well in terms of business and the food wasn’t too bad. Maybe he could even get Daehyun to try out this place one day!

A smile quickly found its way onto Jongup’s face as he finally pulled himself away from his thoughts. The more he became aware of his surroundings, the more he realized that someone was calling out his name. Looking around for a bit, his eyes soon landed on the two people that he had been searching for this entire time. His smile only seemed to widen as he quickly made his way over to the table. Jongup had to come to a complete halt in order to keep himself from colliding into the table, but he couldn’t help but be happy as he looked from Woohyun to Seohyun. “Hello!” (JU)

“Were you lost in your thoughts again?” (SH) Jongup nodded excitedly as he pulled the chair out from under the table before sliding into the seat. He placed his hands on his knees as his foot shook a bit, his excitement a bit hard to contain as he continued to look from one person to the other. Seohyun couldn’t help but giggle a bit as she placed a hand up to to cover it. She was, after all, eating an appetizer that they had ordered nearly half an hour ago. “Is Daehyun not with you?” (SH)

“He’s working, so he couldn’t come..” (JU) Jongup was a bit disappointed that it turned out that way, but it was alright. At least they were all healthy, right? As long as it stayed that way, then it was alright if neither one of them couldn’t make it to some sort of meeting. There was always next time after all.

“Hm.. He still works at that grocery store and that bookstore?” (WH) Jongup nodded as his eyes trailed down towards the appetizers at the center of the table. The second Seohyun noticed this, she motioned for him to have some before pushing a plate or so closer to Jongup. “And what about you? Are you doing well in school?” (WH)

“Mhm. Daehyun thinks I can become a really great architect.” (JU) While Jongup took his fork out of the napkin, Woohyun slowly nodded a bit. Daehyun usually had a good sense of where things could go, so if Daehyun really thought that Jongup could become a good architect, then Woohyun could believe it. With how plain buildings have become nowadays, they needed a little extra something to make the buildings stand out just a bit more.

“Anything else going on with you?” (WH) Jongup took a moment to think as he stuck one of the dumplings into his mouth. Besides school, there was just the usual lounging around and doing nothing or doing chores around the apartment. It wasn’t really all that worthwhile to mention to others, but at least it was some sort of accomplishment. Though, there were those plans that he had been trying to piece together with Jin. Was that interesting enough to talk about?

“Um.. Me and Jin plan to get Daehyun and Young Jae together, but that’s about it.” (JU) As Jongup picked up one of the menu’s, Woohyun and Seohyun couldn’t help but stare at Jongup with surprise on their faces. Seohyun didn’t know a thing about how Daehyun and Young Jae felt when they were younger, but Woohyun had some sort of idea. He just didn’t expect anyone else to have noticed it. “Do you think it’ll work?” (JU)

“I don’t know.. It depends on them, doesn’t it? Are you.. sure that they’ll end up together?” (SH) A definite yes should have been spoken here, but Jongup wasn’t exactly certain about it. He was just going by what Jin told him. Otherwise, he was just going along with it since he couldn’t help but assume that this was what Daehyun wanted. He merely shrugged as his eyes soon landed on a certain item that had caught his attention.

“My friend says that they will, so I think they will too.” (JU)

“Hello~! The other waiter had to leave, but I’ll be- Oh! Jongup?! Woohyun?! Seohyun?! Wooow! What are you guys doing here?” (Z) Zelo grinned happily as he looked at his three friends. He hadn’t expected to see them sitting in the very restaurant that he worked at, but at least it was a pleasant surprise! It was probably a good thing that his boss had called him into work today since their previous waiter had to leave due to a family emergency. “Wait. It’s obvious why you guys here! I guess I should explain then, right? Well.. I work here! Yuri hired me to work here after Yongguk ran into her here a few years ago and it helps me get money so that I don’t have to ask Yongguk for money all the time! Ooh, wow! I didn’t think you guys would be here too. I wanna hang out with you guys too, okay? So, what do you want to order? Something yummy in your tummy, yeah?” (Z)

The three of them had smiles on their faces as they gave Zelo their orders. Besides Woohyun, whom ate here often, the other two were rather surprised to see Zelo working here. Neither one of them knew if Woohyun had planned for this meeting to occur, but at least it was still a nice meeting regardless. After writing down their orders, Zelo put the pen and note pad into his apron before bending over and leaning against the top portion of the chair. “So, what have you guys been up to? Having fun, yeah? Have you heard about the expansion that they’re doing with the mall? It’s supposed to make it like three stories taller! Isn’t that amazing?!” (Z)

“Zelo! What are you doing?!” (Y)

“Uh-Oh!” (Z) Zelo had just turned to look towards the source of the voice, but a hand had gotten a firm hold of his ear, forcing him to turn back towards the other three. Yuri tugged harshly, pulling a whining Zelo as she led him off to the side. She wasn’t about to let her employees just stand around and do nothing, even if he is one of her old friends.

As Seohyun looked at the two with worry on her face, Woohyun merely chuckled to himself as he leaned back in his seat. Jongup wanted to follow after Zelo, but the woman that he didn’t recognize seemed scary. He looked back at the other two, mostly Seohyun, whom had looked his way. “Anyway.. Jongup, I’m sorry that I haven’t come to visit more. I will try harder to visit often, alright?” (SH)

“Ah.. big sister! It’s alright. Me and big brother Daehyun already know that you’re busy with school. He says that we should throw a big party for you when you graduate.” (JU) They had thrown a graduation party for Woohyun, Himchan, and Myungsoo, so of course they had to throw a graduation party for Seohyun too! Of course, Jongup was going to be graduating first since his degree program didn’t require as much as Seohyun’s did.

“Oh.. Really? I’ll try my best to make everyone proud then.” (SH)

“Hey Jongup. You wanna start working out again?” (WH) Jongup looked over at Woohyun, whom seemed to be rather certain about the question he asked. He thought on it for a moment as he looked down at his arms, flexing a bit to see if he had lost his muscles. Clearly, his muscles were still there, but it wouldn’t hurt to get back into working out.

“Sure! Will me and Daehyun get a discount?” (JU) He didn’t know why he included Daehyun since he didn’t really have the time to work out as much as Jongup had done so before, but it didn’t hurt to ask. After all, maybe Daehyun wanted to start working out again. It did make them feel healthier after all. Woohyun smirked a bit though as he leaned forward, resting one of his arms on the table.

“A discount? Heh.. When have you guys ever had to pay?” (WH) As Woohyun picked up the last piece of dumpling, Jongup slowly nodded. That was true. Not once had they had to pay for Woohyun’s services and his excuse was usually because they were close friends. Plus, it helped that Woohyun was technically his own boss as opposed to having to meet a certain quota and getting yelled at by someone.

As they waited patiently for their food to arrive, Jongup couldn’t wait until they got their plan into motion. Jin was supposed to have a number of plans to execute before the party, so Jongup was excited to see what he had come up with. Supposedly, they were supposed to be fool-proof. Nothing could ever break his plans since they were supposed to be the greatest plans ever thought up by humanity. Of course, that could just be Jin being a bit.. cocky with his plans. Could his friend help it though? That’s just how Jin was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ My Own Thoughts:

Small.. secrets are exposed, but nothing else really happens.
Old faces come back for a bit, but they don’t really play a large role for now. x3
Hopefully, things will go well, yes x3?

Comments are loved >3<..
I love talking with everyone!
Plus, I like to see what everyone thinks of the fanfic so far. ]]