002

Neverland

2 January 2012

"Looks like I'm pretty early today." Kai said to himself as he surveyed his surroundings.

 

"KAI!" Some girls screamed across the cafeteria, which in turned made Kai jumped in shock.

 

Everything about this all grown up Kai was just perfect. Ever since Kai hit puberty during middle school, he started attracting many attention from girls no matter where they are from. Very often, these girls which are also known as fangirls of him would drop cards and gifts on his table hoping that one day he will notice them. Other than that, Kai dances really well. He transforms into a beast whenever he dances, he totally has no control of himself, his whole body will just flow along with the music, captivating you in the process. He would often skip his meals for dance practices and can dance from day till night, not feeling tired at all.


 

Just as Krystal was about to open the car door, someone beat her to it. Knowing who the person was, Krystal ignored him. Just then the ahjussi spoke,

 

"So I'll pick you up here again at 2pm, miss?"

 

"Yes, ahjussi. Please drive safely back home, bye!" Krystal replied warmly.

 

"You never spoke to me like that." Kai said with a tinge of jealousy in his tone.

 

"Close the damn door, Kai." Krystal instructed him as she walked into the gates of Youngha High.

 

Ever since that fight at the playground, Krystal became even colder towards Kai. Although they attended the same school and are classmates for about 9 years now, they never had a proper conversation before and even if they had, it never lasted for longer than 5 minutes. 


 

The first bell of the day finally rang, the hallway was soon cleared as students started rushing to their respective classes. Krystal was also just about to head towards her history class when she suddenly felt giddy and her vision became blurry. Her legs were giving her away, and when she was about to fall, someone held onto her. It was Kai. 


 

While Krystal was being checked by the nurse in the infirmatory, Kai waiting silently outside. When she was done, Kai immediately went to her and ask if she was alright. 

 

"I'm fine." And that was what Krystal said.

 

Feeling slightly disappointed, Kai decided to turn his back and head back to class for lessons as Kai thought that maybe after helping her, she would treat him better but all he got was another cold reply from Krystal, suddenly Krystal spoke. This time warmer and with much more sincerity.

 

"Errr... By the way... Thanks Jongin." 

 

Kai's face immediately lit up, he was so happy that he couldn't contain his joy. It was the first time Krystal had called him by his real name without being angry. He immediately turned around and gave her his biggest smile before walking back to class.

 

"Silly boy. He looks so cute when he smiles." Krystal mumbled and smile to herself.

 

During lessons Kai couldn't stop replaying Krystal's words. He was so absorbed in it that when the bell rang, signalling that it was his favourite time of the day; lunch break, he didn't even move an inch until kyungsoo nudged him. 

 

"Jongin-ah, time for lunchbreak. Let's go! Jongin? Jongin?" Kyungsoo's face was instantly filled with worried.

 

"Huh? Er yes? Er what can I help you with kyungsoo?" Kai snapped back into reality.

 

"Are you okay? Did anything happened?" Kyungsoo asked with concern. 

 

"Oh, I'm fine hyung. Let's go for lunch break together, shall we?" Kai said with a silly grin on his face.


 

The cafeteria was filled with many hungry souls when they reached there, the exo boys were sitted in their usual seat. The both of them then went towards the table to join them. This bunch of twelve boys were the most influential clique in the school. This clique comprises of the richest kids, the smartasses, the prince charmings and the most caring people you could ever find on earth. Girls would always surround their table, trying to get closer to them while school s would sit beside them trying to seduce them. Sadly, none of their methods worked and it normally would end up annoying Kris, who would eventually flare up and shout at them. After getting shouted at, they would usually walked away with tears in their eyes but then turn up again the next day shamelessly to try their new tactics on them. Sometimes you just gotta salute them for being so shameless. While everyone was busy eating, Kai's eyes wandered off to find the familiar figure which he had always been eyeing but to no avail.

 

"Oh yeah... She must be at the school garden." Kai thought to himself dejectedly.

 

Krystal on the other hand was spending her time in the school garden during lunch break. She isn't the type who enjoys being in the centre of attraction, and that is why she would normally try to stay out of trouble and goes back home right after school. Krystal is a really quiet girl in school, and she doesn't have much friends. Whenever people try to approach her, they would feel this cold aura around her and anyone who is in their right mind would definitely retreat. The only friends she has is Amber and Victoria. They were transferred students. At first they were outcasted in school, they then became friends with Krystal only when the teacher made them get into groups of three for group work, the three of them were the only ones left and hence they had no choice but to formed a group. After a few sessions of meeting up, they began chatting and even shared jokes and stuffs with each other. It's been really long since Krystal has laughed genuinely, and only these two girls had the power to. She is really thankful for the both of them and really treats them like blood sisters since Jessica has always been giving her a cold shoulder.


 

Kai waited silently outside Krystal's classroom as usual, as the students started coming out of the class, he went in. Krystal was silently packing her stuff ready to go home. Kai took Krystal's bag and walked out with her towards her locker. After Krystal placed everything in the locker, she walked towards the main gate to wait for her chauffeur. As she walked through the hallways, she heard girls gossiping about her again. Probably about how Kai was carrying her bag for her again, she kept her composure and shrugged those gossips off. Since young, Kai had always helped her to carry her bag. At first Krystal was shocked by his actions but he just simply told her that carrying a woman's bag was a man's job hence from that day onwards it became a routine for Kai and Krystal will just let him be.

While waiting for her chauffeur, Kai tried to talk to Krystal again.

 

"How was school today?"

 

"Fine."

 

"Oh. Are you feeling better?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Great then.. You shocked me earlier on. Don't stress yourself too much alright? You can tell me if you have any problems!"

 

"Thanks, but no thanks."

 

Krystal's chauffeur was finally here, she turned to Kai to retrieve her stuff when Kai suddenly spoke, in shock.

 

"Krystal? Your nose is bleeding!"

 

Before she could get a hang of what was happening, her whole world went dark. The last thing she heard was Kai calling her name, but she was just too weak to reply him.


 

Author's note:

Hi guys! Thanks for reading and subscribing to my story! As my exams are coming up, I would take probably take longer than usual to update my story, but I promise that I will definitely update whenever I have the time. Anyway please don't feel shy and keep all the comments to yourself! You can tell me what would you like to see most in this story or maybe correct me on anything since it's my first story. Yep! So erm.. I hope you all would continue to show love and support to this story! :D