031

Neverland

"Alright you can do this." Kai placed a palm over his chest to calm his racing heart. He took a deep breathe and turned the knob of the door.

 

Plucking up his courage, Kai took a step in and was welcomed with Krystal's backview. Not knowing what to do, he tried to clear his throat but no sound and he panicked not knowing what to do next when the ultimate silence breaker; clearing one's throat, didn't work.

 

He continued to stand there and think about what he should do to make her turn around or once she turn around. This kid was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even notice Krystal calling him.

 

"Kai? Kai." Looking at how this boy was so deep in his thoughts, Krystal can't help but to break into a smile. "Exactly one of the reasons why I fell in love with him, he looks so cute whenever his deep in thoughts."

 

Kai was finally out of his thoughts and caught Krystal staring at him. Awkwardly, Kai greeted her.

 

"Errr hi?" Kai waved before rubbing the nape of his neck.

 

"Hi. Er... Take a seat."

 

Just like a kid who is extremely afraid of his mother, Kai obediently took a sit a few steps away from Krystal. "Oh. Er yeah. Merry Christmas." Kai tried to find a topic to talk about.

 

Krystal smiled a little and replied, "Merry Christmas to you too."

 

"Did she just smile at me? Does this mean it's alright for us to talk like before?" Kai thought to himself as he broke into a silly grin.

 

"Are you okay?" Krystal asked worriedly as she saw how Kai smiling to himself for no reason.

 

"Oh. Yeah. Yeah! Sorry." Kai then regained his composure.

 

Knowing that Kai would feel awkward if she doesn't start the conversation, she started to demand for a christmas present since it is christmas.

 

"That paper bag. It has my present in it right?" Krystal pointed to it.

 

"Ah. Aniya. It's not for you!" Kai denied.

 

Krystal walked towards him as she tried to snatch that bag from him. Thanks to his quick reflexes Kai immediately raised the paper bag higher, out of Krystal's reach.

 

"Yah! It isn't fair if you raise it higher! You know I can't reach it!" Krystal turned away and folded her arms, pretending to be angry.

 

"Ya... Yahh... Yah... Are you angry?" Kai tried to turn her around to face him.

 

Kai continued to look at her from the sides, but whenever he tried to peek at her from the left, she would turn to the right, and when he tried to peek at her from the right, she would turn to the left.

 

"Aye, okay I give up. This is for you." Kai held out the paper bag.

 

Hearing those words, she immediately turned around, face lit up with glee. "As usual, you can never win when the princess is angry. HAHAHAHAHA." Krystal laughed.

 

"That's because I always let you win, pabo."

 

"Now give it to me, or I will turn nasty." Krystal held out her hands, waiting to receive her gift.

 

"Before I give it to you, I just wanna say something." Kai hid the paper bag behind his back.

 

"What?" Krystal folded her arms.

 

"I'm not really sure how your reaction will be like after I'm done with everything, but I need to get this out of my chest." Krystal then tried to cut him off, "Kai, if this is about what happened at the ferris wheel then I'm sorry alright." Krystal then lowered her head.

 

"No. Don't feel sorry for anything. I should be the sorry one. Because I've hid a lot of stuff from you." Kai tilt her chin so that she was now looking at him.

 

"Yes, at first I was indeed mad at you. I thought you were toying with me all along. I thought you got together with me just because you pitied me. I thought you've never loved me. And everything were just my thoughts, I didn't bother to find out the truth. Then the truth came when you were admitted into the hospital. That day when Jessica suddenly disappeared, you remember?"

 

Krystal nodded her head.

 

"She did went back home and get you stuff to you keep you entertained just in case you were bored. I swear all these weren't planned. She just happened to come across your diary and coincidentally saw me in the hospital. She handed me your diary, and told me that there might be something I don't know in there. At first I rejected it knowing that I shouldn't be prying into your privacy, but then curiousity got the best of me. I gambled, with my heart on the line. Reading your diary meant a lot to me. I might get hurt, I might be mad, I might be sad, but I might feel relief, happy and excited. With a heavy heart I began reading your diary." Kai stopped as he looked at the teary eyed Krystal.

 

Kai wiped her tears away with his thumb before continuing, "Right now I'm here after finishing your diary. I'm here to do several things. One, I want to apologise to you. I'm so sorry Krystal jung. I'm sorry breaking your heart unknowingly, I'm sorry for making you so miserable, I'm sorry for not being the best boyfriend, I'm sorry that my love has caused so much hurt to you and I'm sorry that my love to you wasn't enough that you had a chance to doubt me. Second, I want to clear up all your doubts. Your father and I. Yes we made a deal, but the deal was to just make you happy and I would get anything I want in return. The deal didn't require me to fall in love with you Krystal Jung. I fell in love with you unknowingly ever since we were young, so there's no way I'm lying to you. Other than you, I only love my sister." Kai tried to joke.

 

"I've probably said this a lot of times, and I wouldn't want to stop saying this. Being with you is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I want to always be by your side. So do you still have any questions in your mind?"

 

Krystal just shook her head which is already buried in Kai's chest.

 

Kai gave Krystal a tight and comforting hug and continued his long speech. "Since you have no other questions, then I guess I can say that you have no more doubts already? Let me move on to my third task then. Third, I'm here to give you the thing you've always wanted. Do you want to make a guess?"

 

Krystal looked up from his chest. "Guess?" Her lips quivered as she spoke. "Yeah, guess." Kai repeated. "My musical box?"

 

"Correct!" Kai beamed as he took the musical box out from the paper bag.

 

Krystal immediately took the muscial box from his hands and opened it, soon the oh-so-familiar music was heard. (Play This)

 

"I knew you had this all along!" Krystal slapped Kai's arms.

 

"I knew you kept on pestering me for this musical box because you wanted my attention." Kai smirked.

 

"No! It wasn't that case!" Krystal defended.

 

"Oh, so who was the one that wrote in her diary that "I want him to know that his worth more than my musical box"?" Kai teased.

 

"Ya Kim JongIn give me back my diary!" Krystal tried to hit him with both arms but was caught by him.

 

"I'll promise to give you back your diary only if you marry me." Kai held on to both of her hands as he looked right into her eyes.

 

Krystal was shocked by his sudden proposal, was left agaped.

 

"Yah. You can't reject me now after knowing that I truly love you!"

 

"How can I reject you when I promised to let appa walk me down the aisle? Nobody wants to marry me except you, so do I look like I have a choice?" Krystal broke into a grin.

 

"Stop lying! I know you want to marry me because you love me!" Kai childishly shot back to Krystal's reply.

 

"Aniya! I'm doing this to fulfil appa's wish!"

 

Kai then released her arms and began tickling her. "Kim Jongin stop it! Yah! It tickles!" Krystal started laughing and wriggling her way out of his grasp.

 

"If you want me to stop then say the truth!"

 

"Alright alright, I surrender." Krystal put both her hands up as a sign of surrender.

 

"I, Krystal Jung, is willing to marry Kim Jongin out of love and nothing else." She looked straight into his eyes as she confessed.

 

"I love you too Krystal Jung." Kai then lowered his head and slowly inched closer to Krystal.

 

And just like that, they had their first kiss on 25th December 2012, 12.30pm.


 

Author's note:

Hello all! Happy New Year to every single one of my precious readers! I actually planned to end "Neverland" on the last day of 2014 as a gift for you all, but then I wasn't able to rush it out yesterday. So today, I'm back again with a double update for all of you as a New Year's gift! Another good news would be that, this story will end with 35 chapters instead of just 30! So looks like now, I'm left with just 4 more chapters to go! School is starting soon again for me, so please bear with me till the end! Have a great and blessed 2015! :)