017

Neverland

Ever since that day, neither Krystal nor Kai could sleep well. How was it possible for Krystal to sleep well when the person she cared so much had left her? How could Kai sleep well when he regret so much for walking out of the door, leaving Krystal all alone when she needed him the most?

 

The conversation that day in the hospital was the last conversation they ever shared. Looking at how affected Krystal was, Hyungsik and Jessica took turns to visit the hospital everyday to cheer her up. Hyungsik bought Krystal all her favourite food whenever he visited her while Jessica brought Krystal her favourite storybooks and cuddly soft toys to visit her. No matter how hard the both of them tried, Krystal just wouldn't seem to smile.

 

Krystal wasn't the only one who feels unaffected, here we have Kai too. Ever since that day he left the hospital, he attended school without his soul. Even when the exo boys tried to cheer him up nothing worked. Everyday after school, he would secretly walk around the premises of Ahn Hwa hospital, and when he sees Hyungsik or Jessica, he would quickly hide himself. He didn't have the courage to face them for he knew, they would definitely ask him what happened that day. He didn't want to get reminded of how frail Krystal looked that day, all he wanted to remember was a healthy looking Krystal, the ice cold princess he first met, the first bubbly girl he ever fell in love with. After lurking around the hospital for what seems like 5 hours, he would return home and lock himself in the room. Even when his sister tried to approach him, it didn't work.

 

Just like this, they lived their lives like robots, continuing the same old routine every single day. However, Krystal's routine started to change one day when she spoke to the doctor.


 

"Doctor, is it too late to say that I want to go for the treatment now?" Krystal prompted her doctor when her doctor came in to give her her daily check-up.

 

"Of course not dear! I'm really happy to hear it from you that you are going for the treatment!" The doctor lowered herself as she hugged Krystal.

 

"Then when will I start the treatment? Make it as soon as possible alright?" 

 

"Sure! Sure... Oh! Erm..." The doctor pulled away from the hug, suddenly remember how strongly Krystal first objected to the treatment. "Erm... It might be rude to intrude your privacy, but may I know what made you change your mind?"

 

Krystal was first shocked at her doctor's sudden question, but soon her eyes just turned uncertain, she didn't know if her reason was right in this situation.

 

"You know... Other than being your doctor, I'm very much well your friend too. You can tell me anything, and I promise, I will never judge you but give you my honest opinions!" The doctor smiled at Krystal lovingly.

 

Looking at her doctor, Krystal can't help but to think of Kai. The doctor and Kai, they just resembled each other. The way they smile, the way they talked to her, it was as though they were siblings. In the end Krystal can't help it but to tell her doctor everything.

 

"So... You wanna forget everything through this treatment? Krystal come here." The doctor extended her arms to hug Krystal. "It's really foolish for you to do so, but since you are determined to forget about everything and make everyone around you happier. I guess I will arrange the dates for you." The doctor said while soothing her back.

 

And that's it, Krystal's routine changed from then onwards, all because she wanted to forget all about Kai so that slowly she won't have to remember that hurtful feeling when Kai walked out of that door.


 

"I'm home!" Kai's sister sing-songed as she tries to attract his baby brother's attention for the fourth time for today. Unluckily for her, all she got was the house keeper's reply.

 

Having enough of her little brother's nonsense, she stormed up the staircase leading to his room. She knocked ferociously on his door as she waited for him to open up. Kai groaned as he got woken up from his peaceful nap by his sister's annoying knocks on his door. He got up, and dragged his feet towards the door.

 

Irritated, he opened the door as he came face to face with his sister. Without even asking for permission, his sister just barged in his room and lay herself flat on his bed.

 

"You are not going to sleep today if you are not telling my what's wrong with you nowadays!" His sister growled.

 

"Well... Thankfully. Because. I'm telling you. Now. That. There's nothing wrong! So. Get. Up. now!" He replied mostly word by word as he used most of his might trying to peel his sister off his bed.

 

"Yah! I'm sure there's something wrong! Goddamnit! Just tell me!" His sister wriggled out from his grip and sat up.

 

"There's nothing you can do even if know about it! Not like you can cure her and prevent her from dying!" Kai shouted at her feeling frustrated.

 

"What? Excuse me? I'M A DOCTOR FOR A REASON? I might be able to cure ALL patients but I can at least prolong the lives of ALL patients!" His sister rebuked.

 

Upon hearing his sister's words, Kai instantly remembered that he has a sister which is a doctor. How could he ever forget about her? "NOONA! WHAT TYPE OF DOCTOR ARE YOU? DO YOU HELP TO CURE LEUKEMIA?" Kai immediately climbed up his bed like a little kid as he looked at his sister with hopeful eyes.

 

"Er. Ya? In fact I am specifically looking after a girl with leukemia." Her sister said with caution as she looked at how his brother was being so bipolar.

 

"THEN CAN YOU TREAT MY FRIEND? PLEASE? SHE MEANS A LOT TO ME. I'LL DO WHATEVER YOU WANT I PROMISE!" Kai pleaded.

 

"Ya kiddo, so this was what it has been bothering you? Geez. Only you had a better memory and kne-"

 

Halfway through she was cut off as Kai grew impatient, "Yah noona! Just tell me whether you can help or not."

 

Knowing that it was redundant to continue from where she left off, she gave up and asked for his friend's particulars to aid her in making the necessary arrangements. Upon hearing his friend's name, her eyes widen, but she still kept mum about the fact that Krystal was actually her patient.

 

After Kai completed giving the particulars, his sister turned to look at him. "Kai, you know. I'm not stupid to not see that you like this girl called Krystal. So if you allow me... I would like to share my patient's story with you. This time don't cut me off and listen to what I'm gonna say, eventually you will know why." His sister than went on to tell him the story of Krystal without giving out her name. She started from the day when Krystal knew she had leukemia to exactly where they had their latest conversation.

 

As for Kai, he waited patiently for his sister to finish the story. However, the story he is currently hearing sounded so much like the journey Krystal and he had went through. Immediately, he looked into his sister's eyes. As though it was due to some bond they shared, Kai knew at that point of time, that his sister was talking about Krystal.

 

Just like this, the night in the Kim household was longer than usual, Kai told his sister everything about Krystal and him through his perspective while his sister just sat down and listened to his side of story. She knew that her little brother though looked tough on the outside, he was a very vulnerable boy inside. At times like this, was when the Kim siblings knew that they were the only ones they had for each other.


 

Author's note:

Hello! Because I have a long weekend ahead before my next paper, I've decided to update this fic! Hopefully this chap won't be a disappointment to you guys! I'm sorry for any erros because I'm currently updating this fic with my phone! Hopefully you guys will once again enjoy this chapter like how I enjoyed myself writing the scene of Kai and his sister! Another pair of lovely siblings than Jungsis! With that, my next update would most probably be around the end of the month already! Please don't forget to comment and subscribe! And if possible, an upvote would be great! :)