022

Neverland

The sun shone brightly on earth, the birds kept tweeting while the plants just danced along to the melodious tune of the birds. The day seems good, but to Krystal everything is just fake, just like how Kai's feelings to her was. She sat on her bed and tried to soothe her aching neck, while doing so her eyes landed on the diary seated on the foot of her bed. Right then, memories from last night began appearing in her mind again. No matter how bad the sting in her eyes were, it still wasn't able to be compared to the thousands of knives stabbing her heart. She cried and cried hoping that it would somehow heal the heart a little, but it didn't work at all.

 

"Stay strong Krystal Jung. You can do this." She reminded herself as she wiped away the tears.

 

"Let's put on a smile today and show everyone how strong you are Krystal Jung!" She did a fist pump into the air and began washing up for school.


 

"Hyung, how do you make girls happy?" Kai questioned Luhan.

 

"Aegyo? I'm not sure though, the girls in school only squeal in excitement when I do that, other than that, they just very much ignore me you know." Luhan laughed it off.

 

Kai sighed knowing that none of the exo boy's ways were going to work on Krystal. Suddenly, something struck him. "Ah! Noona will be able to help me!"


 

Sighing for the umpteenth time, Kai walked dejectedly to the gates to wait for Krystal. His noona did gave him loads of advice and suggestions, but none of it just seems to work. The last words his noona gave him before hanging up was, "You never know until you try it son."

 

"I guess it's better to try it huh?" Kai thought. 


 

On her way to school, Krystal spots Kai waiting for her at the school gates. Looking at how Kai was having his head hung low, just makes her heart wrench.

 

"He is probably thinking about how to make me happy. I should just go along with whatever he says to make his life easier." Krystal thought to herself.

 

Bravely, she took a deep breathe to calm herself down and got down the car when it came to a halt.

 

"I'll call you when my class ends, ahjussi. Please drive safely back home!" She informed him as she closed the doors.

 

Kai was immediately snapped out of his trance when he saw Krystal getting down the car. He patiently waited for her to finish her business before trying to start a conversation with her.

 

"Krystal-yah, do you think we need to talk?" Kai asked softly, afraid that she will avoid him again if he is too direct.

 

"Huh? Talk? Talk about what?" Krystal was shocked. "Does he want to talk about the deal with appa? What am I suppose to do?" She held onto the straps of her bag tighter.

 

"Come let's go to the garden." Kai then held onto Krystal's hand and led her to the garden.

 

On the way there, both of their hearts were beating very quickly. One was because he was afraid that Krystal would be more angry at him if he screws his explanation up. And another? She was afraid that the nightmare she dread would come to life through the person she love the most.

 

"So... Erm... You know... No. I mean I know..." Kai tried to find the right words to say and he mentally hit himself when he can't find the right words.

 

"Take your time." Krystal smiled at him, encouraging him to speak up, as she placed her hand on top of his, giving him assurance, though she needed more.

 

Through her actions, Kai really did feel comforted, and it reminded him that Krystal wasn't that unreasonable hence he decided to voice his thoughts out. "Krystal-yah, will you forgive me? I knew you were angry at me yesterday. I've already made it clear to those girls that you are the only one in my heart and no one will ever replace you. I'm sorry for being so ignorant to your feelings yesterday and for taking one whole day to figure things out. I'm so sorry. Will you forgive me?" Kai knelt down on one of his knees as he looked at Krystal with hopeful eyes.

 

Krystal looked at him while he was confessing everything to her. Deep down in her, her heart hurts once again, "He probably cracked his brains the day before to come out with these words, just to make me happy once again. Why Kai why? Why are you doing to yourself?" Tears started to well up in her eyes again, she thought of all those happy memories she once had with Kai and those happy endings she would have with Kai in the future before she knew about the deal. "If the deal didn't exist, everything would just be perfect, but it just had to..."

 

Looking at those tears in her eyes, Kai got flustered. Did he say anything wrong? Was she upset at him again? Why is she crying? All these thoughts flooded his mind as he reached out to her face and wiped away the tears with his thumb.

 

"Kai..." Krystal choked out when she enveloped Kai in her embrace.

 

Kai was definitely shocked this time round. He quickly encircled his arms around her waist as he continued to pat her back, trying to give her comfort. Kai decided to give her time to calm herself down before asking her what's wrong. Soon, Krystal regained her composure, Kai took her sniffles as a sign that she was much better than before, and pulled her away from the embrace.

 

With hands still on her shoulders, Kai looked at her with concern. "What's wrong? Did I say anything wrong? Why were you crying earlier on? Are feeling alright? Are you in pain?" He bombarded her with questions.

 

Looking at how concern he was, tears threatened to come out again. "Why is he still being so nice to me when everything is just a deal, and everything will end when I'm gone? Why must he always give me false hopes that he likes me when in fact it was just because I was being a burden to him, why can't he truly love me and not feel obliged to?" Krystal had these comments running in her mind. Slowly she choked out her sentence, "Kai... Pabo... I... I... I should... Be the one saying sorry... Pabo-yah..."

 

"Yes, other than sorry for making you worried, I'm sorry for being a burden to you too Kim JongIn." It appeared in her mind once again.

 

"Ani, don't be sorry. Never feel sorry when you are with me. I want you to always smile when I'm with you, arrasso?" Kai cupped her face.

 

"Why? Why are you doing this to me Kim JongIn?"

 

"Don't cry anymore my princess, you look absolutely ugly when you are sad!" Kai comforted her while forcing her to smile.

 

"My smile would probably make him feel less burdened." With much effort, Krystal forced herself to smile.

 

"That's my girl!" Kai cheered upon looking at her smile. To him, her smiles gives him butteflies in the stomach. Seeing her is like looking at an angel who descended from heaven. Krystal was his sweet remedy for his back pains and a vitamin pill that gives him endless energy. She just makes him forget all his problems and in his world, no matter how dark it is, Krystal will always be that shining star he sees. Everything right now, it was perfect for him.


 

Author's note:

Took me 10 days to get another chapter out! So sorry about it! I promise, I'll try to finish this story before the year ends. Thank you guys for the 112 subscribers! Really thankful for it! It's a really big number that I myself was shocked when I saw it, I'll repay you guys through better chapters! Also I hope you guys would anticipate for my upcoming story "Next stop: Love"! I'll most probably start on this story after I've finish my current one, "Neverland"! Thank you all once again for all your support! Subscribe, comment and upvote! See ya! :)

tumblr_static_fyeahkaistal_sidebar__1_.g