035

Neverland

The day everyone was longing for has finally arrived. The ceremony today will be held in a gazebo on the beach. Looking around, the wide sand is cascading across the land. The water crashes against the rocks in the distance, providing a mild sea breeze. The seagulls squawk overhead while the people running the ceremony are busy buzzing. Nature is in tune with this joyous event.

 

"Is the reception set up properly? Victoria, please help me with the final checks!" Jessica held on to her checklist and went around making sure that everything was in order.

 

"Suho, can you please ensure that the boys will be kept in order later? I'm afraid they will get too excited."

 

"Amber please help confirm the attendance list later, love you!"

 

"Hey babe, relax will you? I'm sure everything will go well later. You are burning yourself out even before the ceremony." Kris held Jessica in place and caressed her cheek.

 

"I want to calm down too but I just can't. It's my baby sister's big day and I want everything to go well today." Jessica whined.

 

"How about this, you rest for awhile and I will get the things checked on your behalf. Go join your sister in the waiting room, I'm sure she's pretty nervous." Kris took the checklist from her hands and pushed her towards the waiting room before heading off.


 

"Hyung, I still think this is not nice." Kai tugged on his suit.

 

"You are thinking too much. This looks perfect! Even Krystal said it was." Luhan assured him.

 

"But... Don't you think my shoulders are pretty droopy in this? I don't look smart at all? This suit makes my shoulders look narrow!" Kai whined as he kept on examining his suit.

 

"Your shoulders will never be as narrow as Kyungsoo's. So just calm down and wait for the ceremony to start." Luhan whispered to Kai.

 

"Hyung! Sehun is being a total jerk again! He kept mocking my panda eyes! I've used up almost a bottle of concealer because of him! Help me hyung!" Tao cried for help.

 

"Sehun-ah, if you keep up with this, I don't think Eunna will want to be with you anymore. After all, angels don't hang out with the devils." Luhan helped to soothe the situation.


 

"Don't you think this is too little? I think this part needs to be concealed more. No no no no no no. There's too much blusher here now." Krystal complained to the makeup artist.

 

"Am I witnessing you bullying the make-up artist again?" Jessica popped her head through the waiting room's door.

 

"UNNIE! I. AM. SO. NERVOUS. RIGHT. NOW." Krystal stood up and ran towards her sister.

 

The makeup artist took her leave and left them alone for the time being. The sisters pulled out of each other's embrace and sat down. They didn't speak a word, but instead they just looked at each other, as though using their eyes to do all the talking. Both of their eyes got teary and before anyone burst out crying, Jessica opened .

 

"In just a few more hours, you will be someone else's wife. You'll need to be nice your husband and treat your in-laws as though they are your birth parents alright? Don't throw tantrums because appa and I won't be there for you anymore, understand?"

 

Krystal nodded in silence, the tears in her eyes have reached the brim and are about to flow out anytime soon.

 

As though on cue, their father walked into the room. Upon seeing his youngest daughter in the pale white shimmery, off shoulder, ballgown wedding dress; he cannot help but to tear up.

 

He walked towards the both of them and just enveloped them into a hug. The room was silent except for the slight attempts made to stifle a cry. Slowly, they pulled apart, revealing a teary-eyed Jessica and Krystal and their appa with a face full of tear stains.

 

"Krystal-ah, my beautiful baby. Don't forget to come home once in awhile to visit us. Remember that our doors will always be opened for you, whatever happens, you can always come home and tell us about it. Ah my baby, all these years of suffering, and things are finally getting better for you. Everything is so perfect now, your omma may be gone, but she always here with us, in our hearts. She too is happy for you." He choked on his words a little.

 

"Appa, it's time to put on her veil for her." Jessica wiped her tears away and handed her father the veil.

 

Hand in hand, the father and daughter duo held onto the veil and successfully put it on Krystal.


 

The guests have all arrived. The previously empty gazebo is now filled, attendees are all buzzing with excitement. Hyungsik was sitting with Yoonhye and the boys were just standing around attending to the guests. Kai, the anxious groom was already standing at the front of the altar. Fully tucked white shirt with a chic black double-ed suit and matching black flat front pants.

 

It was about the time when the father will walk down the aisle with his daughter, and Kai just can't seem to stand still. He kept on fidgeting and adjusting, constantly asking his right-hand man, Luhan, whether everything was alright.

 

"Hi everyone, it's a pleasure to have you all with us today. It is a great honour to be able to witness the birth of the couple who has been through so many ups and downs. Without further ado, may we put our hands together and let the ceremony begin?" Lay spoke through the microphone.

 

"This is it. The time is finally here." Kai calmed himself down.

 

Turning back, Kai saw the most beautiful scene in his life, a scene he never wants to forget.


 

Doing some final checks, Krystal swiped away any sand from her father's suit and her father made sure that Krystal's veil was in place. Upon hearing Lay's voice booming from not far away, they both knew it was time. Her father propped up his left arm and Krystal carefully slid her right arm into it.

 

The bridesmaid and groomsmen walked into the gazebo in pairs; Luhan with Chorong as the first pair, Victoria and Tao as the second, last but not least, Sehun and Eunna. Next, they were followed by Yoonhye, the flower girl and Krystal's cousin Bosik, the ring bearer. Right behind them was Jessica, the maid of honour and Kris the bestman. Lastly, the main character was finally in sight.

 

With her arms linked with her father, the duo walked into the gazebo elegantly. Krystal's black hair was pinned back on one side, her pale neck was brightened up with a pale topaz, white opal and gold plated teardropped statement necklace. Her wedding gown complimented her skin tone and dark locks perfectly. Every step they took, the tulled wedding dress swayed accordingly. Everyone present was mesmerised by Krystal.

 

Slowly and carefully, they've reached Kai. Even though the aisle was pretty short, for both Kai and Krystal, it felt as though a day. Nervousness was the prominent feeling in them right now. Krystal's father carefully held his daughter's hand and handed her over to Kai. With shaky hands, Kai took Krystal's hand from her father and placed it carefully on his already shaking propped arm. Upon seeing this, the attendees can't help but to let out a quiet giggle.

 

"Now may I please have everyone to settle down, as we continue with the ceremony." Lay spoke solemnly into the microphone.

 

All eyes were on the pastor and the couple in front. Unknowingly, many of their close friends and family had tears rolling down their cheeks.

 

"Marriage is a solemn institution to be held in honor by all, it is the cornerstone of the family and of the community. It requires of those who undertake it a complete and unreserved giving of one's self. It is not to be entered into lightly, as marriage is a sincere and mutual commitment to love one another. This commitment symbolizes the intimate sharing of two lives and still enhances the individuality of each of you."

 

"Now, groom, do you take this woman to be your wedded wife? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to her as long as you both shall live?"

 

"I do."


"Good. Now, the bride, do you take this man to be your wedded husband? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

 

"I do."

 

"Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

 

Kai lifted Krystal's veil up, took a second to take in her beauty and slowly inched towards her. As soon as their lips touched, the crowd cheered and roared. Flowers were thrown towards them. The newlywed held onto each other and walked down the aisle once again. Unlike the first time, their faces were filled with pure joy and excitement. They are already excited about what's install for them as a married couple. 


 

After a long day of ceremony and entertaining the guests, the couple finally have time for themselves. Night was falling, the setting sun's red rays lit up the sky above them. The couple set up a bonfire and a mat on the beach. The couple had thick wool blanket over them as they enjoyed the sun set.

 

"How was today?" Kai turned and admired Krystal's side view.

 

"It was everything I've dreamt of. I loved every single second of it." Krystal answered truthfully.

 

"Thank you making today come true. If I were to die now," Krystal added.

 

"Hey. Don't say such stuff." Kai placed a finger on her lips.

 

Krystal broke into a smile and scooted nearer Kai. She laid back on Kai and brought his arms around her waist. "You know, it would be nice if our children are to run around the beach right now. It would be so perfect."

 

"Krystal Jung, are you hinting me?"

 

"I'm just saying. How nice would it be to have a house by the beach, spend your evening on the beach with your husband and children. It would be even better when our hair turn grey and we look at our children with their spouse and our grandchildren running around on this beach!" Krystal got excited just by the thought of it. Kai just kept silent and looked at his wife talking about the possibilities of their future.


 

To the man I've loved all my life,

I've probably left this world by the time you read this. I am writing this to let you know that, I've left this world without any regrets and so I hope you wouldn't watch me leave with any regrets. You have done your best when I'm around, and I truly appreciate it. Don't cry because of my departure, I don't want anybody to cry because of me. I want you to live your life to the fullest. I may be gone but I'll always be in your heart. I have nothing much for you except, Yoonhye (I hope our heart transfer was successful, I'm sure it was right? Hyungsik oppa promised me), and our memories. I am so lucky to have you in my life. Thank you for being my best friend, boyfriend and husband. I love you so much but I'm sorry I have to let you go. Please be happy.

Signing off,

Krystal.

1st April 2013

 

"Krystal-ah, how are you doing up there? Are you used to it? Because I'm still not used to being in this house alone. I miss you so much, you scent, your giggles, your teasing, your nagging, your everything. I'm trying my best to be happy. It has been a year since you left us and it just feels so surreal. I'm sorry for not taking care of myself when you are gone. Without you, I'm really nothing. Wait for me, I'll be with you soon."


 

Author's note:

I am finally back with the last chapter of this story. You all have been really kind with your comments and subscription. Thank you for showing love to both my story and I. To be honest, I started this journey when my grandmother passed away. Throughout these years many many things have happened, and to be honest I slowly got out of kpop but I told myself, I cannot leave this story and my readers hanging. I finally found the time and motivation to get this story going on. Really huge shoutout to every single one of you who waited for me to complete this story. I know this story isn't the best out there, so really, thank you for your support. Lastly, just want to say #kaistal is real!!!!! 1st April 2016 was when the news came out and I honestly thought it was fake. A huge thank you to every single one of you again, all of you are so precious to me even though I don't know you personally. Bye everyone! I hope to see you all again if I were to write a story!