016

Neverland

"Noona, a word with you please?"

 

"Yea sure!"


 

"So what is it that you wanna talk about?" Jessica asked as she took a sip of her drink.

 

"Krystal."

 

Jessica whipped her head towards Hyungsik immdediately upon hearing Krystal's name.

 

"She's been hospitalized."

 

"BWO?"

 

"I was just kidding." Hyungsik laughed a little at Jessica's reaction.

 

"Ya Park Hyungsik!" Jessica raised her voice as she kept on hitting Hyungsik.

 

"Ah! Ouch! Stop it noona! I'm sorry! Geez!" Jessica stopped immediatly and took a sip of her drink to calm herself down.

 

"You shouldn't be joking about this type of thing Hyungsik-ah."

 

"Alright alright. I'm in the wrong. Well anyway, why did you left home last night right after she came home?"

 

"So she told you huh? I couldn't take the silence that we were sharing. I... I just couldn't face her alright?"

 

"I sent her home last night, and we talked about quite a number of stuff." Hyungsik took a glance at Jessica and continued to talk about the conversation he and Krystal shared last night.


 

"So, that's the reason why? Aish, why couldn't I just sit down calmly and talk to her? Why must i force her to go for the treatment? I'm such a bad sister!" Jessica reprimanded herself.

 

"Noona, now isn't the time to blame yourself. There's one more thing that we need to settle for her."

 

"What is it?"

 

"Kai." Hyungsik said with a straight face.

 

Just before Jessica could reply him, her phone rang. She picked it up and almost dropped it upon hearing the caller.

 

"Noona what's wrong?" Hyungsik asked with concern written all over his face.

 

"Krystal... Krystal... She... She's... Hospitalized."


 

The duo rushed to the hospital as soon as possible and located Krystal's room immeditaly. Finally reaching her room. they spotted Mr Jung outside the room with his head hung low. Slowly, both of them calmed themselves down before approaching him. That was definitely the worst decision they had ever made because the reply they got from him was definitely unexpected.

"The doctor said that the treatment is a must now, if not... if not..." Mr Jung started to sob uncontrollably, "If not... She will only be left with 4 months with us."

The thought of having 4 months left with her was unbearable, just a few hours without talking to her and Jessica felt like she was suffocating. What will happen to Jessica after these 4 months? She definitely has to force her to go for the treatment now. Her hair and her memory. It's no longer an excuse for her to skip the treatment.


 

"Ahn Hwa hospital, room 1504. Now!" Hyungsik then hastily hung up.

 

Without knowing what is it all about, Kai just listened to his hyung and rushed to the hospital. Upon reaching the hospital, he asked the nurse for directions to room 1504 and saw three silhoutte down the hallway. He took a careful look at the three of them and made up who they were but to his surpise, the three of them shared a very serious atmosphere and sobbings could be heard from them. Carefully, he approached them and almost at an instant, knew who was the one in "trouble". Krystal.

 

"Mr Jung, noona, hyung." Kai broke the silence.

 

All three of them lifted their heads at once, looking at every single one of their teary eyes only made Kai feel even more worried about Krystal.

 

"Kai... Kai. Kai!" Jessica blurted out.

Kai. Jessica thought. The bulb in her brain has finally lighted. He is the perfect choice to persuade Krystal to go for the treatment. Also, this serves as a good chance to break the news to him!

Looking at Jessica's response, Hyungsik seems to have understood what she was thinking about. Since Hyungsik himself, knew that he didn't have the power to persuade Krystal to go for the treatment, what about Kai? He is definitely the best man in town!

 

"Kai we need to have a talk with you, let's go to the garden." Both Hyungsik and Kai left first leaving Jessica to explain to her father before joining them.


 

" Is there anything wrong with Krystal?" Kai asked impatiently.

 

"Smart kid." Hyungsik said as he ruffled Kai's hair.

 

"So... It's really about her huh." A tinge of sadness could be heard from his sentence.

 

"Kai... This might really sound sudden to you. So before I break the news to you, please prepare yourself for it." Jessica told him calmly.

 

Kai took a deep breath and look at the both of them, taking it as a sign, Jessica started to talk about how Krystal's condition was discovered, how much time she has left and how important it is for her to go for the treatment.


 

"Krystal?"

 

"K.. K.. Kai? What are you doing here?" Krystal quickly forced herself to sat up despite still feeling weak all over.

 

"Ya. Just lie down. Don't force yourself."

 

"Ne. Mianhae." Krystal fiddled with her fingers for awhile. not sure of how to continue the conversation with Kai.

 

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Kai broke the silence.

 

Krystal whiped her head towards Kai and was shocked at his sudden question. She wanted to talk, but nothing came out from . She was afraid about the topic that he was gonna talk about.

 

Knowing Krystal too well, he knew that he had to continue talking rather than waiting for her reply. He sighed as he continued, "I've heard about it from Jessica noona and hyung. Why didn't you tell me? Why? You could have told me earlier, and I could have been able to spend more time with you. Are you going to make me regret for the rest of my life?" Kai continued it in one breath.

 

"K... K... Kai... I'm sorry... I'm really sorry... I didn't want you to get hurt." Krystal said in between sobs.

 

"You didn't want me to get hurt and that's the reason why you didn't tell me? Seriously? Am I suppose to feel grateful now? How could you be so selfish? How could you not tell me anything and rejected me straight in my face? Why can't you know that I truly love you and care for you and no matter what happens to you, I'll still love you! Don't you know that by not telling me, I'll be more hurt? Everything that has ever happened between us ever since you found out about your illness, it makes me regret so much." Kai started bawling.

 

"I know whatever I say now, will not help but Kai..." Even before Krystal could finish her sentence, she was cut off by him.

"I don't need anything from you, Krystal Jung." Upon hearing her full name, Krystal swore that her heart was stabbed by a thousand knives. Kai had never called her by her full name because Kai knew that Krystal didn't like anyone calling her that. Kai pointed at his heart and said, "Right where I'm pointing now, it hurts so much. I'm sorry I can't be there for you anymore." With that last sentence, Kai left her room, leaving Krystal in a crying mess.


 

Dear Diary,
I was admitted into the hospital today because I fainted at home. Kai dropped by at the hospital, unnie and oppa told him everything. I guess he was really upset, he walked off after his last sentence, "I'm sorry I can't be there for you anymore." I'm really afraid, I really don't want to lost him. I really regret not telling him earlier. If only I did, things wouldn't be like this today. Kai if one day you were ever gonna read my diary, I just want you to know that deep down, I love you. I've never stopped loving you like how you did. I couldn't break the news to you, because how do you want me to bring it up to you? How do you want me to break this piece of news to someone I care so much about? I've cried all day and I can't stop crying, I'm really tired... I guess I'll be sleeping soon. Please... Please just let me wake up from this nightmare already...
Signing off,
Krystal.
1 November 2012.

 

Author's note:

Hi guys, just an update before I go on hiatus for my finals! Really thankful for the 91 subscribers to my story! So I guess I'll be back by the end of October? If you like this story please remember to subscribe and best an upvote! See you guys again after my finals! Take good care of yourself guys!