025

Neverland

"Burden... Burden... Burden..." Kai kept repeating these words as he stares at the ceiling.

 

"Since when have you been a burden to me Krystal?"

 

Kai turned to his side only to have his pair of eyes land on Krystal's musical box

 

"You were the first girl that ever dared to approach me. Ever since young, I've been outcasted by the guys because of the fact that I learnt ballerina. And as for the girls, they run away upon seeing me like I'm some weirdo. None of them accepted me except for you. Step by step, you help me to gain confidence, because of you I don't feel alone in this world anymore. Everyday, I hoped to see you at the playground, everytime when I'm with you, I tend to forget my problems. Even when you are angry with me and turned cold towards me when I talked about your omma, you still secretly helped me and stayed by my side. I am a jerk to you at times but you still stayed. I'm not sure when I fell in love with you, but I'm sure you'll be the only girl I will ever love in my life. Having you by my side, is the best thing that ever happened to me, so how can you ever be a burden to me?"

 

He stood up and approached it, slowly taking it down from the shelf, he stared at it. He twist the key at the side of the carousel musical box and released it. The familiar song started to play again as the horses on the carousel musical box started turning around and going up and down consecutively. He repeated his actions again when the carousel musical box stopped playing, he sat down on the couch with it as he watched it turn around again.

 

 "You probably don't love me enough to accept my proposal huh?" Kai scoffed. "Pabo, she has never told you that she loved you! She probably only accepted your confession because you are pathetic. You've confessed to her so many times and that was just the time she felt like she was obliged to agree to not break your heart. To be like the angel she was twelve years ago when you guys first met." The more Kai thinks about it, the more angry he was. Looking at the carousel musical box, his blood boiled, in a flash, he threw the carousel musical box on the floor and it smashed into pieces.

 

"Now that it is completely gone, will you ever place all your attention on me now?"


 

"WAKE UP YAH! WAKE UP!" Tao shouted while Chen jumped on Kai's bed.

 

Waking at to these bunch on monkeys early in the morning definitely wasn't one of the best thing that could ever happen to him. He flipped and layed on his stomach as he groaned into his pillow, showing how irritated he was thanks to them.

 

"YAH DID YOU FORGET WHAT DAY IT IS TODAY?" Tao tried to slap him awake.

 

"It's just a sunday so shut up and let me sleep you monkey." Kai replied with an irritated tone.

 

"Yah, you promised us that you will watch the movie with us!" Tao whined.

 

"I. DID. NOT. I just agreed to allow you guys watch the movie in my house. So can you and hyung please excuse yourself out of my room?"

 

"Aish, Tao. Stop being a whiny kid and let's go watch it. This dude is no fun at all. Even his bed is boring, Baekhyun's bed is so much more fun. Sheesh." Chen then dragged Tao out of Kai's room as they joined the rest of the boys in the living room.

 

The movie soon started once the monkeys have settled down. Each of them paid attention to the movie except for the real monkey, Park Chanyeol who was just busy stuffing himself with popcorn as though he had not eaten for the past ten years.

 

"Hyung, this is so sad." Tao sniffed.

 

Chen turned over as he heard someone sniffing, as soon as he realised it was Tao, he started snickering earning the attention on the others.

 

"Opps, mah bad." Chen raised both of his hands to the sides of his head.

 

The movie soon ended with Tao sobbing really hard at one corner along with Kris and Xiumin trying to comfort him, while Chen, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Sehun started playing Kai's playstation. Leaving only Kyungsoo, Suho, Lay and Luhan to just laze around on the couch playing with their phones.


 

Kai stretched his arms over his head as he sat up on his bed. Due to the bright sunligh shining through his windows, he had to squint his eyes before getting used to it.

 

"Why is it so quiet? Are they gone?" Kai murmured to himself.

 

He lifted up his blanket and made his way to the living room. Indeed, those bunch of monkeys were gone, only he was left alone in the house. Though it was Sunday, his sister still went back to the hospital due to some emergency.

 

"Why didn't they wait for me?" Kai sighed as he plopped himself down on one of the couch in his living room.

 

He continued to stare into space until his phone buzzed. He accepted that phone call as he brought his phone to his ear.

 

"Hyung! I'm super duper hungry! Can you bring some food over?"

"Argh, can't you hear me out first before ordering me around?"

"Please hyung, I'm really hungry!"

"Fine fine, what do you want?"

"Awwwww! You are the best to me hyung!"

 

The phone call ended right after Kai ordered. Not long after, the door to his house opened revealing Hyungsik with bags of food on his hand.

 

"Hurry and eat up. We have lots of things to catch up on."

 

An ominous feeling soon struck Kai, knowing that Hyungsik was bound to ask about him and Krystal.


 

"How was yesterday?" Hyungsik popped the question as he took a bite of his burger.

 

"Knew it. Goal! How smart of you Kim Jong In." Kai thought inwardly.

 

"Yeah, it was okay."

 

"Yeah right, something went wrong somewhere isn't it? Knowing you, if everything went well, you would have told the whole world about it, but look where you are now. Hiding. At. Home." Hyungsik mocked.

 

"Nothing you don't know eh?" Kai raised a brow at him.

 

"So?" Hyungsik encouraged kai to talk and took a sip of his cola.

 

"She doesn't love me at all."

 

Hyungsik set aside everything and sat closer to Kai as he got worried. "What are you talking about?"

 

"It's true hyung, she never once said that she loves me. She was just pities me. She felt obliged to accept the confession after rejecting me so many times. I should have known hyung..." Tears soon well up in his eyes. "If she really loved me, she would have shown it out, but she didn't. Why did I even try to propose to her?" He couldn't take it anymore as he ended up crying.

 

Something then struck Hyungsik when Kai's words replayed in his mind. "Wait what? You proposed to her?"

 

Kai just simply nodded his head as the images from yesterday's date replayed in his mind again. Just the thought of it, made Kai feel suffocated. The tears he had been surpressing since last night, everything just came flowing out right now. "Is it even okay to hurt this much when Krystal probably doesn't even care?"

 

Looking at how heartbroken his dongsaeng is, he couldn't bring himself to question him any further. Though Krystal did tell Hyungsik about how much she loved Kai, but it was true that she didn't really show it out through his actions. Knowing that whatever he say now, Kai will definitely have something to counter back, hence Hyungsik chose to keep his mouth shut. However he kept thinking about the both of them, he knew that they truly loved each other, and there must be some misunderstandings between them. Meanwhile, instead of trying to clear things up for them, he will just let the both of them be away from each other.

 

All of a sudden, Hyungsik's phone rang. Looking at the caller's ID, it was from Jessica. Swiftly, he swiped his phone and answered it.

 

"Noona?"

"Hyungsik-ah!" Jessica cried over the phone call.

"Noona! What happened?" Hyungsik sat up right, alert.

"Ahn Hwa hospital." Jessica choked on her words as she tried to calm herself down but it was of no use.

"Alright, alright, alright. I'll be there soon!" With that Hyungsik, hung up and started preparing to leave.

 

"Hyung! What happened?" Kai regained his composure as he knew something serious was bound to happen when Hyungsik suddenly got all frantic.

 

Hyungsik grabbed Kai's shoulders as he quickly explained, "I know you are not ready to face her yet, so I won't force you to go with me right now. Stay home and wait for my news. I promise, I'll keep you updated. Meanwhile, sort everything out." Right after he finished, he rushed out of Kai's house, leaving him in a daze.

 

"Krystal..." Kai managed to speak.

 

"Krystal is in the hospital, isn't she?"


 

Author's note:

Another double update for you guys! Thank you all for the wonderful 120 subscribers! Anyway, I'm sure I have some errors in this story, so I'm really sorry about that! But I promise! After I've completed this story, I'll definitely read through it again and get rid of all the errors! I'm sorry, I can't really do it now, due to time constraint! Hopefully you guys will continue to anticipate for the upcoming chapters! Just 5 more chapters to go and it's an official goodbye for this story! Fighting! :)