023

Neverland

Dear Diary,

It's weird how I'm writing an entry when the day just started. Anyway, today is our monthsary. I already told him that it's not a big deal, but he insist that we should go out and have fun. Sigh... No matter how hard I try to tell myself that everything is fake, I just can't help but to fall for his tricks. Everything he does, just makes me fall for him harder. I tried to distance myself from him, but it's of no use, because everytime I do so, I end up finding myself going back to him. Though the fact that he got together with me was because he pities me, but can be selfish for just this once? Can I choose to believe that he wants me because he truly loves me? Please don't wake me up from my fantasy, and let me believe that he truly loves me.

Signing off,

Krystal

13th December 2012


 

"Unnie, do you think this is okay?" Krystal spun around in her outfit.

 

"Yah, with that pretty face of yours, whatever you wear will eventually look nice on you. Even if I give you a trash bag, you would also make it into a fashion item." Jessica stated as she pat the empty space next to her, asking Krystal to sit down.

 

"Unnie, I'm just worried that he might not like it." Krystal pouted.

 

Jessica turned Krystal around and did her hair for her. "I'm sure Kai fell for you not because of your looks. So stop worrying! Aigoo, just look at how fast my baby little sister has grown! She is going out for her first date now! Ahhh, unnie is so jealous of you!"

 

"What's there to be jealous of when your first date with Kris oppa was even more romantic!" Krystal spite, still remembering how Jessica didn't tell her firsthand when Kris confessed.

 

"There we go again. Yah, you said you will forget about this whole thing if I treat you ice cream!"

 

"Unnie, how do you know if a guy truly loves you or not?" Krystal ignored Jessica's previous comment.

 

"Well, based on the books I read and stuff. They say, when you talk about the person you truly love, your eyes will sparkle. And little sis, just let me tell you, your eyes definitely sparkled whenever you talk about Kai. It's as though you have the whole galaxy in your eyes whenever you talk about him." Jessica chuckled, causing Krystal to smile.

 

"Looks like my love for him has no turning back now."


 

The doorbell rang several times before it opened revealing the maid who took care of the household ever since the Jung sisters were young.

 

"Oh, Krystal is still busy dolling up. Have a seat first while I call her." The maid smiled politely.

 

Not long after, Krystal came down. Perhaps it was because this is their first official date, causing Kai to have butterflies in his stomach. He walked towards Krystal and intertwined their fingers as they walked out of the house together.

 

"Aren't they just perfect for each other?" The maid muttered under her breath, as she looked at the young couple.


 

"So where are we going today?"

 

"A place, you've been talking about since young." Kai beamed at her.

 

Hearing Kai's response, Krystal was shock. "What did I say when I was younger?"

 

"Stop seducing me, you are just making me love you more." Kai pointed out.

 

"What did I do!" Krystal tried to defend herself.

 

"Stop pouting when you can't figure out the answer, whatever you do, you just look cute. So stop it. Anyway we are reaching there already." Kai pinched Krystal's nose bridge.


 

"Since when did I ever talk about visiting an amusement park?"

 

"Yah, do you have amnesia? Whenever we were at the playground, you would imagine that you were at the amusement park! You said that because your appa is always busy and your unnie wouldn't even talk to you, there is no way you would ever visit an amusement park."

 

Krystal was dumbfounded. "He remembers everything I told him..."

 

"Stop wasting time and let's go!" Kai broke off their intertwined fingers as he linked arms with her and dragged her in.


 

Once the young couple step foot into the amusement park, they just can't seem to stop running around chasing each other, queuing for rides and buying all the useless cute accessories. Whenever they walk past any couple, they would look at them with envious eyes. They even heard one couple bickering because of them, which caused them can't stop giggling.

 

Soon night fell, but the crowd in the amusement park doesn't seem to be dispersing anytime. The young couple has been here for almost the whole day and yet none of them appeared to be drained. They continued to play with game stalls, get on rollercoaster rides, visiting souvenir shops and admiring the breathtaking night scenery. Everything up till now just seems so perfect. Definitely a perfect date Krystal has dreamed of since young.

 

"Aren't you tired?" Kai asked with concern.

 

"Nope! Hey! Let's go on that!" Krystal pointed towards the ferris wheel.

 

"Is this part included in the perfect date that you've always dreamed of? If it is, then let's go!" Kai swung Krystal's arm, as they walked towards the ferris wheel hand in hand.


 

Together, they entered the ferris wheel. As the ferris wheel ascended, Krystal was completely captivated by the night scenery of the amusement park. While Krystal was captivated by the night scenery, Kai was captivated by Krystal.

 

"Kim Jong In! Look! Look! It's so beautiful!"

 

"Not as beautiful as you though."

 

"Yah, you can't take a scenery and compare with a person." Krystal pouted while crossing her arms.

 

"I've said before, stop seducing me Krystal Jung." Kai sat back and crossed his arms too.

 

"So are you challenging me now, Kim Jong In?"

 

Kai just shrugged as Krystal continued, "Alright, tell me. Why do you love me?" As soon as those words came out from , she regretted it immediately. "Pabo-yah. Why did you put him in such a difficult situation? See? His being so awkward now!"

 

Kai rubbed the back of his neck as he thought hard about the answer. "Do you really want to know the reason?" And now, it was Krystal's turn to be awkward. Slowly, she nodded her head, afraid of his answer.

 

"I love you for who you are. You for being you. You for treating the almighty Kim Jong In also known as Kai like whenever you want. You for always smiling behind my back when you found me cute. You for not being like the girls who swon around me and this makes me want you even more. Your eyes, nose, lips, cheek, everything. I love you, every single part of you. I love you ever since I saw you at the playground when we were three. I loved you in the past, I love you now, and I will continue to love you in the future. Nothing will ever change this fact, so remember this." As Kai ended his last sentence, Krystal saw how his eyes sparkled.

 

"Is this perhaps the sign that unnie talks about? Is it okay for me to believe that he truly loves me now?" Krystal's eyes were now shining with tears, obviously touched by whatever Kai has told her.

 

"Krystal," Kai stood up, took out a velvet box from his back pocket and knelt with one knee. "Would you agree to marry me?"

 

Just as the ferris wheel reached the peek, fireworks were fired and shot up the sky, the view outside was definitely breathtaking, but to Krystal the sight of Kai kneeling down, proposing to her was even better. This was definitely a sight that she would not want to forget. Krystal's tears continued to flow profusely down her cheeks as the fireworks continued to shoot up the sky.

 

"Kim Jong In. I'm sorry, but I can't. I'm dying. Thank you for this wonderful date, you've done enough for me. I don't want to burden you anymore. Thank you for everything." Krystal then cried harder as she hugged her knees closely to her.