028

Neverland

As usual, Hyungsik went to did his rounds about the hospital again. First the children's ward, then some middle-aged patient who he was assigned to for his internship and then Krystal. Just when he was about to reach the children's ward, he heard laughters and high-pitched screams coming from it. Immediately, he panicked and ran towards it. On his mind, he was thinking about what happened exactly, could there be some dangerous man in there? Why aren't there any nurses to help them? Were the nurses being threatened as well?

 

Once he reached the doorstep, his racing heart calmed down as he heard her voice. Calmly, he walked into the children's ward and cleared his throat, gaining the attention of everyone in the room. At first, he gave all of them a stern look, making the children hid behind Krystal in fear as they thought that they had did something wrong which caused Hyungsik to be angry. Looking at how the kids seems to be scared of his childish antics, he quickly broke into a sheepish grin which caused the kids to run up to him immediately, and ramble on about how much they have missed him though they had only be seperated for a night.

 

"Yoonhye-ah how have you been?" Hyungsik squat down to reach her eye-level.

 

"I'm fine as long as I get to see appa, and play with unnie!" She smiled and turned over to look at Krystal.

 

"That's great to know! Go on and play with the kids in this room, but remember, nothing too vigorous!" He pat her head and watched her join the other kids playing in the room.

 

"Oppa." Krystal smiled at him.

 

"Yah, why aren't you in your room?" Hyungsik reprimanded, "You need lots of rest!"

 

"The room feels dull, and it's making me look pathetic, so might as well find this bunch of kids and play with them since they are all so lively!" Krystal chirped as she talks about the kids.

 

"Oh, oppa. How's the procedures coming along? Will Yoonhye get my heart right after I'm gone?" Krystal suddenly remembered.

 

"I guess it's alright?" Hyungsik replied with a tone of sadness.

 

"You know, I'm afraid too. I'm afraid to die, I'm afraid to leave all of you, I'm afraid to see all of you sad when I leave, but I don't have a choice. Rather than believing that I will still live ten years down the road, I would rather accept this cold hard truth now. Besides, I have a motive for letting Yoonhye have my heart. That is, I want you all to remember that I'll always be by your side whenever you all see Yoonhye."


 

Kai stood in the middle of the hallways of the hospital. Dragging his feet, he soon arrived outside Krystal's ward. Just one more step, and he will get in and see Krystal to clear things up, but it seems like there's a barricade stopping him from doing so, and that is his undecisiveness. "To go or not to go?" He kept debating in his mind, he was afraid of the outcome he is going to receive for either options.

 

"Kai?" The girl's voice froze him.

 

"Kai?" The girl called out to him again. Slowly, he turned around and was faced with her.

 

"Since you are here, I need to talk to you. Let's go." She said and took Kai along with her.


 

"Unnie, where are you?" -Krystal

"I'm on my way already." -Jessica

"Alright hurry up, I'm dying due to boredom." -Krystal

 

"BOOYA!" Jessica entered the room with bags full of magazines, books and dvds.

 

"Yah unnie! Where did you go! It's like I woke up and you are gone." Krystal said sternly with her arms folded.

 

"I just thought you might be bored whenever you are alone so I went home and took your favourite things here!" Jessica defended herself.

 

"AWWWWWWWWW. Unnie you are the best!" Krystal then reached out to hug her sister tightly.


 

Looking at Krystal's diary, Kai can't help but to ponder about what it contained. Earlier on when he was still debating about whether to enter the room, Jessica stopped him and took time to explain to him about the diary.

 

"Here take it." Jessica handed him a red velvet diary with words "KRYSTAL'S DIARY" on it.

 

"She has her own privacy, and I ought to respect it." Kai declined her offer.

 

"Just take it and you will understand whatever happened recently. Though I don't really know what happened between the both of you, but I'm sure this will help you understand the situation you are in currently." Jessica then further explained, "I saw how protective she was of this diary, everytime I go to her room, she would quickly hide this away from me. I'm positive that inside this book contains her true feelings to everything. She's a girl, strong enough to put on a facade for people around her."

 

Jessica's phone buzzed, she unlocked her phone and saw he impatient sister's text. "Take it and read it. She's looking for me. Goodluck to you." With that, she walked off with bags of magazines, books and dvds, leaving Kai sitting alone in the cafeteria with Krystal's diary on the table.

 

He continued to stare at her diary for a long time, it might seem like an easy thing to do. Take the diary in your hands, flip it open and read it. It's that simple, but for Kai it isn't. Doing so meant a lot of things for him, the truth that awaits him, the heartaches he has to mend after knowing the truth, the feelings he has to manage after reading it and the consequences he has to face after reading it.

 

Unfortunately unlike fairytales, not everything has a happy ending to it. Slowly, Kai reached out to her diary. The touch of the diary was just as soft as Krystal's hands when he first held them, oh, how much he've missed having Krystal by his side. Carefully, he flipped open her diary and was faced with her first entry.

Dear Diary,

I've finally bought you! I've been eyeing you ever since I stepped into that shop, if it weren't for Kai, I don't think I'll ever get you! He was just being the usual irritating him to be honest. It was after school and I decided to get to the bookshop, but he just wouldn't leave me alone. Then when he saw how I kept eyeing you he said, "Get it if you want it, if you don't I'll get it for you, and you'll owe me a favour. Besides, this diary looks nice, it suits you. A lot." Well, at first I didn't want to get you because I was afraid that I would regret it, because it might be out of impulse, but then after hearing him, I immediately decided to get you. See, I didn't get you because I don't wanna owe him a favour, in fact, I think I've owed him more than a thousand million favours. I got you because he said that you suit me, I'm not sure why, but hearing that made me feel really happy. And since it's my first entry, I'm going to tell you a BIG BIG BIG secret.

Though Kai irritates me a lot, and he probably thinks I always give him a cold shoulder for what happened when we were young at the playground, I really LIKE him a lot. It's not yet love, but I believe it will change anytime soon.

He might be able to see this entry, or he might not, but if he seeing this now, I want him to know that his worth more than my musical box (I know he has my musical box with him but god knows why he doesn't want to return it to me), and also deep down though I've saide he worths more than my musical box, I still want to get my musical box back.

Signing off,

Krystal.

2nd January 2012

 

Right after he was done with the first entry, he was already in tears. And all that could ever get out from him was, "Pabo-yah..." and the rest was just the sound of him crying.