004

Neverland

"Okay class, listen up. You all have to bring your favourite item since childhood for the last assessment of this term. You all will have to present this item in front of the class so I guess 1 week should be enough for you all to prepare. Are there anymore questions? If no then class is dismissed." Miss Kim announced and packed her stuff before leaving the classroom.

 

"Favourite item... Childhood...," Krystal mumbled to herself, "The musical box..."

 

"Hey are we ready to go?" Kai said gleefully, interrupting her thoughts.

 

Ever since that day when Kai found Krystal, she started to change her attitude towards him. She stopped giving him a cold shoulder and started replying his texts, slowly she opened up to him bit by bit. Kai on the other hand, couldn't ask for more, he was so happy that Krystal started opening up to him.

 

"Oh. Ya.. Sure.." Krystal eyed Kai as something popped up in her mind. Kai was there too when she lost her muscial box, he must have seen it. Why didn't she recall it earlier?


 

"Hey are you okay? You seem to be thinking about something... Wanna talk about it? I might not be the best person to give advices but I definitely have a pair of very trustworthy listening ears! I mean you might feel better after saying it out..."

 

"I... I... You heard what the teacher said right? We have an upcoming assessment and it requires us to present our favourite childhood item. I... Okay forget it. I'll just get to the main point. Kai... You were there when I lost my favourite musical box. I'm sure I left it at the playground, I remember bringing it out with me. You must have seen it after I ran away right? I must have left it there. Can you please return it back to me? It's really precious to me, it's omma's only gift to me." Krystal said as tears started filling up in her eyes.

 

"I... I did. Didn't see it... Sorry Krystal, please dont cry.." Kai said as guilt pricked his heart.

 

"Kai... Don't lie to me. You are the last person to see it! It could only be you! Why are you doing this me? Why would you want a musical box which has totally no value to you but means the world to me?!" With that Krystal stomped off.

 

"Because you would spend more time with the musical box, you would forget about me, you would become the quiet girl you used to be. I don't want all this to happen. I know I'm selfish, it hurts seeing you cry, but what choice do I have? Even if I return it to you, you will still hate me right? You will hate me for hiding the fact that I have this musical box for 13 years. I'm sorry Krystal." Kai thought to himself as rain started to pour.


 

To Kai the journey back home lasted for a year when in fact it only lasted for ten minutes. Drenched from head to toe, Kai was rushed to the bathroom to take his bath. After his bath, he walked towards his favourite corner of his room with his hair still dripping wet. That corner was his mini hall of fame, he showcased all the trophies and certificates he had won over the past years. He stretched his hand out and grabbed hold of the carousel music box placed on one of the shelves. This is the musical box that belongs to Krystal. He sat down on his chair with the musical box and started twisting the key by the side. Music started playing (Play This) as the key started to turn itself back to it's original place. His eye lids began to drop as the soothing music played on. The door leading to his room slowly creaked open.

 

"Am I disturbing you?" A female's voice could be heard.

 

Kai sat up right and turned his head towards the door. "Oh! Noona. Can I help you?"

 

"Heard my baby boy came home totally drenched. Are you alright? You seem bothered." Kai's sister asked with concern. The Kim siblings has always been close as their parents are often busy with their work.

 

"It's.. It's nothing much noona. I'm kind of tired. Mind stepping out so I can sleep?"

 

"Yah, you should know that running away from your problems ain't going to help at all. Whatever it is, just know that noona will be here alright? Rest well baby."

 

"Thanks noona."

 

After his sister left his room, Kai put the musical box back in place. He lay on his bed and picked his phone up. He scrolled through Krystal's SNS and found no new updates when suddenly he received a notification. "You have 1 new message from Omma." He opened it, and after reading it he heaved a sigh of relief.

 

"At least I'll be able to avoid you for the time being. I need some time." Kai said to himself before drifting off to dreamland.


 

"Kai! Are you done! Ahjussi is waiting outside already! Hurry!" Kai's sister called out.

 

"I'm coming! I'm coming! Stop yelling early in the morning gosh!" Kai replied irritatedly as he dragged his luggage down the stairs.

 

"Sorry to keep you waiting ahjussi, let's go now." Kai's sister said as they both settled down at the back of the car.


 

"Hey guys, I'm going to Jeju Island for a few days. Please help me take care of Krystal." -Kai

"WHAT? WHY?" -Luhan

"WHAT'S GOING ON? ARE YOU OKAY?" -Tao

"Dude, why all of a sudden?" -Kris

"Guys calm your . I'm just going there for some business events. Well, anyway remember to take good care of Krystal. If anything happens to her, I swear I will be the out of you guys." -Kai

"We get it. We get it. We won't let anyone lay a finger on her alright? We will accompany her home everyday and make sure she sticks by us till you come back alright? But you better be quick though, cause I'm afraid that she will fall for me." -Tao

"Yah Tao! If Krystal were to fall for you, then I'll admit that I'm gay and I like baekhyun." -Chen

"Hey hey hey! Don't drag me into your gay . I have chanyeol ;)" -Baekhyun

"YAH" -Chen

"YAH!" -Tao

'YAH!!' -Baekhyun

The exo chatroom was never dull with the three of them in it, and that is why Kai is really thankful for them for times like this. Talking to them made him forget about Krystal, allowing him to escape from his problems.


 

Class was about to start, and Kai was no where to be seen. Krystal looked around hoping to see Kai but god wasn't on her side that day. She sighed as the teacher walked into the classroom, indicating that the class has started. After some time alone yesterday, Krystal felt that she was being all unreasonable towards Kai, it was wrong for her to jump into conclusions and scold Kai. She wanted to apologise to him by texting him but felt that apologising to him in person was more sincere, she even made a lunchbox for Kai today. Secretly, Krystal slipped her phone out of her blazer pockets and typed a message to Kai.

"Yah, where are you? Aren't you coming to school? I made a lunchbox for you! It's only for today! I can't promise there will be a next time! Hurry and come to school!"

With that she pressed the send button, and waited for his reply. Not long after she received Kai's reply.

"Mianhae, I have to go to Jeju Island for a few days. Won't be attending school! Keep the lunchbox for yourself! Take good care of yourself alright? If you need anything, just tell the boys! I instructed them to take care of you on my behalf! Don't get too close to Tao alright? He said you might fall for him, I won't want that to happen."

Kai's texts never fail to put a smile to her face as he always acts like a mother towards Krystal, forever asking her to take good care of herself and so on, but truth to be told she was a little disappointed when Kai said that he won't be attending school for the next few days.

"Alright. Have a safe flight. I guess I will miss your annoying presence." Krystal replied.

 

"Sigh... I'm gonna miss you so much kiddo."


 

Upon receiving Krystal's text, Kai can't help but to open it. He can never not reply to her text even though when he is busy at times. After reading it, he quickly typed in a reply and moved towards the departing hall. What shocked him the most was actually Krystal's next reply, he couldn't contain his smile as he read the text again and again. He decided not to reply as he didn't want to disturb her lessons, but deep down he wanted to just rush back to school and eat the lunchbox she made him and hug her tightly.

 

"What are you looking at?"

 

This voice, it's so familiar. Kai looked up and saw Victoria smiling widely at him, his eyes instantly grew as big as kyungsoo's and started staring at his mother for answers.

 

"Oh. Kai. I forgot to tell you. Victoria's family are now our business partners. Thus she will be your date for the business event the next few days. The both of you will be spending some time together in Jeju Island, so be nice to her alright?" Kai's mother whispered as she gave him a pat on his shoulder and smiled at Victoria before walking away.


 

Author's note:

Hi guys! Basically my exams just started today and I decided to update because I don't wanna keep you guys waiting for too long. Don't worry, my exams will end next thurday! So probably latest by next Sunday I will update again! Sorry to keep you guys waiting! I will try to update more regularly after my exams! Anyway please don't feel shy to comment! Haha sorry if my story isn't progressing well T.T