006

Neverland

Krystal was walking towards the gates to wait for her chauffeur after class a few days after what happened in the cafeteria. Ever since that day, everyone started paying more attention to Krystal. Of course Krystal felt weird, the sudden attention was something new to her. This few days, fangirls wrote threatening letters to Krystal telling her to stay away from the exo boys, having no Kai by her side to assure her that everything is going to be fine, she felt more and more insecure of herself. She feels that one of those fangirls are just gonna stop her in her tracks and drag her to some corner and start beating her into a pulp.

 

Suddenly, someone grabbed Krystal by her shoulders in the middle of the hallway making her whole body tensed up. Without thinking, she swiftly grabbed the person's arm and twists it behind his back, making the person to groan in pain. Realising that the voice was deeper than a female's voice, she instinctively let go of his hand and was greeted by a now crying unicorn look a like, Lay.

 

"Yah, is this how you treat me?" Lay cried while holding his arm.

 

"Mianhae, I didn't know it was you. Are you alright?" Krystal apologised.

 

"It's alright now, but why are you so scared? I felt you tensing up just now. Is everything alright?" Lay flashed a sympathetic smile.

 

"It's... It's.. Okay look, I didn't even tell Amber about this, I'm telling you now because I know you are a trustworthy person. Promise me you won't tell anyone alright?"

 

"Sure, I'm sure it's something serious this time round. Let's go somewhere more private to talk about this alright?"

 

Krystal nodded as Lay led her to a nearby cafe just two roads away from the school.


 

"WHAT?!?! HOW CAN THEY DO THIS TO YOU? THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I'M GONNA TELL KAI." Lay exclaimed

 

"NOOOOOO. YOU PROMISED ME NOT TO TELL ANYONE. IF YOU ARE TELLING HIM, I'M NOT GONNA BELIEVE YOU EVER AGAIN!" Krystal got all flustered upon hearing that Lay is gonna tell Kai about what happened.

 

"Alright alright, sorry. But seriously, how can you keep something such a big deal from us? We can protect you! What if something really happens to you?" Lay asked worriedly.
 

"Don't worry I can take care of myself, furthermore you just witnessed my self defense skills. I'm sure I'll be alright, I just needed to get it off my chest. Thanks oppa." Krystal flashed the most sincere smile to him as she sipped her favourite caramel macchiato.

 

"If there's anything wrong, be sure to tell me. I will always be by your side like how a older brother does. Alright?" Lay smiled back as he ruffled her hair.


 

Finally the long awaited day has come, Kai and Victoria are finally back. After hearing the conversation between Krystal and Victoria in the airport that day, Kai was exceptionally quiet throughout the trip. He quit being a brat towards Victoria, but neither did he treat her better. It was so obvious that Kai was avoiding everyone, he just needed sometime alone after knowing that the girl who meant the world to him, fell in love with some guy he didn't know.

 

"Seriously what's wrong with you!? We are reaching school already, just bring your bratty self back already!" Victoria flared.

 

"I don't care if you are going to ignore me or not. If the boys sees you like this, I'm sure they can sense something is wrong. Also if Krystal sees you like this, I'm sure she will get worried. I don't care what you are going to do, seriously. Just don't make my friend worry, if she's upset there's no way I can be happy too."

 

"Krystal? She? Worried? Upset? Why would she care about me?" Kai smirked with tinge of sorrow hiding behind it.

 

"Argh. Just get your facts right before you say anything." With that Victoria stomped out of the car and slammed the doors.


 

"Hey Vic! You're finally back!" Amber cheered.

 

"Hey! Where's our princess?" Victoria asked as she looked around trying to look for Krystal.

 

All of a sudden, the hallway roared with hundreds of fangirls running towards the entrance, screaming.

 

"What's so surprising about the exo boys? Sheesh those fangirls are seriously getting out of hand nowadays." Victoria thought.

 

"DID YOU SEE? LAY IS WITH KRYSTAL! THEY LOOK LIKE THEY ARE TOGETHER! OMG! OMG! OMG WHY MY UNICORN?" A fangirl cried.

 

Upon hearing that, Victoria and Amber immediately turned to each other and followed the crowd. When they were at the entrance, they saw Lay carrying Krystal bridal style and Krystal seems unconscious... WAIT WHAT? UNCONSCIOUS? Lay hurriedly rushed Krystal to the infirmatory as he pushed across the sea of fangirls. As Lay left the scene with Krystal in his hands, a pair of eyes was staring at them intently with hurt in his gaze.


 

Krystal woke up with a heavy head, soon she realised she was in the infirmatory. She looked around trying to spot some similar figures and she found Victoria, Amber and Lay.

 

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT IT?" Amber shouted at Krystal.

 

"Hey Amber stop." Victoria calmed her down.

 

"I'm sorry Krystal, it's just that, what happened this morning is really too much and that's why I told the both of them." Lay apologised, Krystal just smiled at him signalling him she did not blame him.

 

"Do you know who sent those letters?" Victoria asked as she sat down beside Krystal.

 

"I really don't know Vic and Amber, I'm sorry for not telling you. I didn't want you to worry about me when you've got enough problems from Jimin already. I can see it. I'm sorry." Krystal said as she avoided both of their gaze.

 

"Silly, I've got it settled already. She's no match for me. I'm sorry for shouting earlier." Amber said as she sat on the other side of Krystal.

 

"I'll give you guys some alone time, I'll be going back to class." Lay then left the infirmatory after Krystal thanked him for saving her earlier on.

 

"Tell me what happened." Victoria commanded.

 

"I was walking to school today because the chauffeur was sick. On the way, I felt someone following me, and I was uneasy about it, so I decided to call Lay. When I reached school, Jimin and her gang ambushed me, they gathered around me. I was so scared, then someone hit me on the leg, making my legs go weak and I ended up kneeling in front of Jimin. It was obvious that she wanted to embarrassed me. Afterwards, all I can remember is that I felt a huge blow on my back and everything went pitch black, later I ended up in here." Krystal explained.

 

"SHE'S SERIOUSLY TOO MUCH. DON'T LET ME SEE HER, IF NOT I'LL CHOP HER HEAD OFF!" Amber stood up angrily.


 

It's finally lunchtime. At first, Krystal didn't really want to come to the cafeteria for lunch but under Victoria and Amber's stern eyes that says that she can't leave their vision, she had no choice but to come. Right now, they are at their usual corner for lunch, chit chatting away.

 

"KAI IS FINALLY BACK!" Someone screamed to her friend behind Krystal's table.

 

"Kai? Kai is back?" Krystal asked Victoria and Amber.

 

"I'm not sure about it, I was with you the whole morning." Amber shrugged.

 

Krystal felt really weird that Kai didn't tell her that he was coming back today. Usually even without Krystal asking, Kai would tell her whatever he was doing. Krystal felt even weirder when she realised that Kai didn't text her that often when he was away for his family events. Thinking about these, the crease on her forehead deepened.

 

Looking around, Kai spotted Krystal. To him, he was surprised to see Krystal here, for she seldom enter the cafeteria. He wanted to walk up to her when he saw an unpleasant sight. Lay was taking the lead, he was walking towards Krystal's table. Seeing that, Kai's heart sunk, he felt a pang on his heart, he just hoped that whatever he had witness was just a dream.

 

"KAI!" D.O called out.

 

Kai snapped out of his thoughts as he walked towards the table. Little did he know that Krystal witness how he was standing in the middle of the cafeteria deep in his thoughts that he got left out from the clique. Krystal decided to climb out of her seat and walked towards Kai.

 

"Hey! You didn't tell me that you were coming to school today." Krystal mentioned.

 

"Hey. Well there wasn't a need, considering how much fun you are having now." Kai answered coldly. After that he was mentally scolding himself for giving her such a cold reply.

 

"What? Fun? Why are you being so cold to me? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

 

"Just leave me alone." Kai then pushed her away as he walked out of the cafeteria, attracting all the attention of the students in the cafeteria.

 

"WAIT UP!" Krystal knew something was definitely wrong and so she decided to chase after him.


 

"I SAID WAIT UP! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" Krystal shouted across the hallway.

 

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE WILL YOU?" Kai shouted as he quickly turned to another corner.

 

Luckily for Krystal, she managed to catch up with him, she got hold of his wrist making him stop in his tracks. "Why are you avoiding me? Earlier on in the cafeteria, you never looked me in the eyes." Krystal said as she stared into his dark brown orbs trying to see what he was hiding from her.

 

Unluckily Kai just looked away, not wanting to face her. All of a sudden, he felt something wet on his wrist. He was shocked. Krystal wasn't crying, but her nose was bleeding again. Kai looked at her and her face was as pale as paper. Before he could process what was happening. She fainted right in front of him. Again.


 

"Dr. Song. What is wrong with my daughter? This is not the first time anymore." Krystal's dad asked the doctor.

 

"Listen, Mr Jung. I suspect Krystal suffers from leukemia and so I did a check for her."

 

Mr Jung was flustered, he leaned in closer.

 

"I've just got the results and I'm going to read it know, please be prepared," Dr. Song then pulled out the medical report from the envelope. "Here, the medical report shows that her results are, POSITIVE."


 

Author's note:

I'm finally back with chapter 6! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! There are more coming up so please stay tuned for more! Also I'm really grateful for the 40 subscribers! Thank you guys so much for supporting this story!