030

Neverland

Christmas is finally here, and the Jungs are all busy preparing for the party. There we have Mr Jung, busy overseeing the workers setting up the venue and the Jung sisters, busy dolling themselves up.

 

"JINGLE BELLS JINGLE BELLS JINGLE ALL THE WAY" The Jung sisters sang happily.

 

"Krystal, do you think this is okay?" Jessica asked as she twist and turn in front of the mirror to get a better view of herself.

 

"Unnie, you look great in anything!" Krystal lunged towards her and gave her a back hug. "Merry Christmas Unnie!"

 

Jessica broke into a small smile and pat Krystal's head as she looked at her through the mirror. "Silly, merry christmas to you too."

 

"Yah, what's with us? Let's hurry and get you dressed up for the party!" Jessica untangled herself from Krystal's long arms before starting her search for Krystal's outfit.


 

"APPA APPA"

"APPA APPA"

The duo called out as the ran down the steps. "Appa, hurry! Help us take a picture!" Krystal panted.

 

"Alright alright, sheesh the both of you didn't have to run!" Mr Jung nagged. "Well, here it goes!" With one clicked and the picture is captured. The duo rushed up to Mr Jung and thanked him before viewing the photo.

"Finally a photo we look fine in!" Jessica exclaimed.

 

"No way. Fine? Are you kidding me? I look fat again!" Krystal whined.

 

"Aniya! You always look perfect in my eyes!" Jessica comforted.

 

"Really? Awwwww! I love you unnie!" Krystal then threw her hands around her sister's neck and soon they were both hugging each other tightly.

 

"Alright alright, you guys gotta stop hugging each other and start helping us out! We are running out of time already!" Mr Jung walked up to them and he practically dragged the both of them to the back yard.


 

"You guys ready?" Kris asked as he straightened his shirt in front of the mirror.

 

"Ever ready!" Sehun chimed as he fisted into the air.

 

"Off we go then!" Xiumin concluded.

 

"Hell yeah!" Chen cheered.

 

"No Chen. You are not joining getting into my car." Kris warned him.

 

"Why!!!!!?" Chen whined.

 

"Well just chanyeol and sehun is good enough to give me a headache. With you around, we might just get into an accident." Kris explained.

 

"This isn't fair! I always sit in your car! I have trust issues with Suho's driving skills!"

 

"Yah! Hyung! I'm your hyung!" Suho rolled down the windows of the driver's seat.


 

"Appa!" Yoonhye called out.

 

"Ne!" Hyungsik stood still and saluted her.

 

"Appa, hurry the party doesn't wait for us!"

 

"Then is my yoonhye ready to go?" Hyungsik squat down to her eye level.

 

"Of course! Let's go!" She then threw her pairs of tiny arms around Hyungsik's neck as he carried her out of the hospital.


 

"Hi." Kai smiled awkwardly and lifted his hands slightly for a little wave.

 

"No no no. This isn't right! Argh!" Kai ruffled his hair in frustration as he continued to stare into the mirror.

 

"JONG IN AH. WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING? LET'S GET GOING ALREADY." Dr Kim shouted from the living room.

 

"COMING!" Kai shouted back to his sister with all his might. "Argh, Kim Jongin you need to step up your game. Remember whatever you say, just don't stammer! You need to look cool!" He reprimanded himself while pointing a finger at the mirror's reflection.


 

"Kris said that they will be arriving soon!" Jessica smiled crazily upon receiving Kris's text.

 

"Oh. And Hyungsik said that he just left the hospital with his little girl." Jessica bluntly spoke out.

 

"So who else is on the list?" Mr Jung asked as he sat down on the couch.

 

Jessica looked around the living room and scoot nearer to where her father was sitting. Carefully she whispered, "The Kims."

 

"Are you sure she will be fine with it? Afterall, we don't really know what happened between the both of them." Mr Jung hesitated.

 

"I've already invited him so she doesn't have a choice. They need to talk anyway." Jessica shrugged her shoulders.

 

As soon as the living room went silent, the doorbell rang. Excitedly, Jessica ran towards the door and took a peek through the peephole. Quickly, she motioned to her father that it was the Kims and he should get Krystal distracted. Once Mr Jung was out of sight, Jessica opened the door and welcomed the Jungs warmly.

 

"Hi welcome!"

 

"Hey! Merry Christmas!" Dr Kim hugged Jessica.

 

As the duo were hugging each other, Kai went into the house. The house was awfully quiet and he definitely was not used to it. In the past, Krystal would be running down the stairs upon knowing the Kims arrival, then she would start talking to Kai about all sorts of things. All these memories pained him, but since it's a joyous day today he decided to keep it all in and clench onto the paper bag he was holding tighter.

 

"Kai!" Jessica gestured for him to go near her. "This is your last chance, she's in her room and she isn't aware of your arrival. Good luck kiddo." Jessica then pushed him up the stairs.

 

Kai was grateful for Jessica's effort, and immediately bowed ninety degrees to her. Hurriedly, he rushed up the steps and was soon standing in front of Krystal's room. From where he was standing, he could hear the conversation going on between Mr Jung and Krystal, knowing that he shouldn't be eavesdropping he walked away from the door and waited patiently for Mr Jung to step out of her room.


 

"You look really beautiful today." Mr Jung appeared at the door step all of a sudden which startled Krystal.

 

"Thanks appa." Krystal smiled and sat up as she pat the seat beside her.

 

Mr Jung sat down beside her daughter and observed her quietly. Krystal was just lying on her bed, resting awhile ago until Mr Jung came in. The silence ensued for awhile before Mr Jung broke it. "I'm sorry."

 

"I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me. I was so busy that I've neglected you and it's all my fault." Mr Jung confessed.

 

"Aniya appa, you are the best dad I can ever ask for! Everything you are doing, it's all for me! I know you always want the best for unnie and me. I've never blamed you for anything, really." Krystal held her father's hand.

 

"You are so precious do you know that? Which ever guy gets to marry you will be blessed for a whole lifetime." Mr Jung Krystal's cheeks.

 

"No guy will be as blessed as you because you get to walk me down the aisle!"

 

"Yeah! Walking you and Jessica down the aisle would be the most precious thing to do!" Mr Jung hugged Krystal tightly.

 

"Appa, I want to live till the day you can walk me down the aisle." Krystal muffled against her father's shoulders as she tried to prevent her tears from falling.

 

"Me too. I want to live till the day I get to walk both my princess down the aisle." Mr Jung felt the cloth on his shoulder getting wet and realised that Krystal was crying. "Silly why are you crying? I'll definitely walk you down the aisle! It's a promise!" Mr Jung pulled Krystal away from him as he dried his daughter's tears. "Stop crying, you look ugly!" He joked in attempt to liven up the mood in the room.

 

"Looks like I'll have to leave you alone in here for you to do you touch up. I'll be going down first. See you my princess." Mr Jung stood up, waved goodbye and left the room.

 

Once he left the room, tears can't help but to slowly trickle down his cheeks. With a deep breath, he back all his tears and went down to attend the party.

 

Looking at the crying Mr jung, Kai could only imagine what happened in the room. As soon as Mr Jung stepped down, Kai walk towards Krystal's room. Feeling nervous, he held onto his paper bag tighter and soon landed one of his palm on Krystal's doorknob.

 

Carefully, he turned it and pushed it open.