009

Neverland

"JESSICA JUNG! OUT OF MY CLASS NOW! THIS IS THE UMPTEENTH TIME I'VE BEEN CALLING YOU!" Mr. Park hollered.

 

Immediately, Jessica snapped out of her thoughts and casted a apologetic look to all of her classmates before bowing and leaving the classroom.

 

"Sigh... It's the 6th time this week." Jessica sighed out loud. Being alone in the hallways, Jessica can't help but to get back to her thoughts.

 

On 24th October 1994, instead of rejoicing at the birth of Krystal, everyone was mourning, including Jessica. Before Krystal was born, Mr and Mrs Jung, often brought Jessica out to play, and showered her with love and care, the first five years of her life was the best in her eyes. After receiving the news that Mrs Jung is pregnant with Krystal, Mr and Mrs Jung had lesser time for Jessica. Mr Jung had to accompany Mrs Jung for her monthly check-up and when Jessica tried to attract her parents attention, they would simply reply with either a "Well done." or "Good job.". Even before the birth of Krystal, Jessica blamed Krystal for the cause of her getting less love and care, now knowing that Mrs Jung actually died while giving birth to Krystal, it made Jessica hate Krystal even more. As they grew up, Krystal tried to talk to Jessica but was always faced with her back, Krystal tried to play with Jessica too, but whenever Krystal approach her, Jessica would stand up and walk towards her room before slamming the door. Krystal lived her childhood trying to talk to Jessica while Jessica lived her childhood trying to avoid Krystal. As Jessica grew up to become a teenager, her hatred grew smaller, she've learnt that dying while giving birth could not be prevented, hence she should not have been so harsh on Krystal. Though she knows it's wrong to blame it on Krystal, but another part of her just tells her that she shouldn't back down so easily, it was Krystal who stole away her parents' love for her anyway.

 

A sudden ring caused Jessica to be back in reality. She fished out her phone from her blazer pocket and answered it.

 

"Hello, who is this?"

 

"Hey it's me! Amber! Remember me?" Amber claimed cheerfully over the phone.

 

"Oh, hey! So... What's up?" Jessica brightened knowing that it was Amber.

 

"Ohhh... Er... How do I phrase this... You know... Errr. Krystal's birthday is round the corner so Vic and I were suggesting a birthday party for her. As Krystal's sister we hope that you will be able to you know.... Help us out..." Amber said with caution knowing that Jessica and Krystal hasn't really been on great terms.

 

"Sure!" Jessica agreed almost immediately causing Amber and Victoria to be shocked at how easily she agreed to help them out for Krystal's party so easily, but they just shrugged it off before ending the call.

 

"I guess it's time I do something for my precious sister." Jessica thought to herself.


 

"What took you girls so long?" Krystal questioned them while fiddling with her phone in class.

 

"We went to the bathroom hahaha." Amber replied while rubbing her hands against the back of her neck.

 

"Oh okay. Let's go to the cafeteria now! I'm famished!" Krystal whined to the both of them.

 

"Alright, alright. Just give me one more minute to settle down my things first!" Victoria replied as she walked to her desk to settle her books down on the table. After she was done, she stood in between Krystal and Amber while linking hands with the both of them and together, they headed towards the school's cafeteria.

 

On the way, Victoria suddenly broke the silence, "Krystal, are you free this coming Sunday?"

 

"Hm... Yep!"

 

"That's great. Leave it as it is okay? Don't let anyone bring you out!" Victoria warned her.

 

"Ne!" Krystal replied with a salute before breaking off the link between their arms and rushed to the cafeteria with Amber.

 

"This kid..." Victoria looked at her fading backview as she shook her head in amusement.


 

"Have you guys heard about it? Krystal is going to hold a birthday party!" Tao informed his friends.

 

"How did you know about it?" Chen asked, amused.

 

"Well, I overheard Victoria and Amber in the library just now."

 

"God! Aren't you a stalker?" Chen laughed.

 

"Aish. Can't you just be nice to me for once?"

 

"I can, but only when you stop being a miser and start treating us! Out of all of us, you are the only who has yet to treat us, Tao-yah!" Chen reminded him.

 

"Stop it Chen. Back to what Tao was saying, so Victoria and Amber are really going to help Krystal plan a birthday party?" Suho inquired.

 

"Yep!"

 

"Wonder who's gonna get invited, hohoho." Baekhyun said as he eyed everyone on the table.

 

"Definitely not you baek, you cry at the sight of bacons, remember during suho's house warming? You went up to the plate of bacons and started wailing while asking them who killed them." Chanyeol retorted.

 

"Sheesh. Stop that." Baekhyun pouted.

 

"Alright. Alright. Stop it beagles. Just continue with your lunch." Suho stopped them.

 

"Do you know about it?" Kyungsoo whispered to Kai.

 

Silence was all Kyungsoo got as reply. After a few seconds Kai stood up with his tray informing everyone that he is done with his meal.

 

"Kyungsoo-ah, is he alright?" Luhan inquired.

 

"I guess so..." Kyungsoo said as he diverted his attention to the back view of Kai.


 

"ARGH. Why is it bothering me so much?" Kai shouted in annoyance as he lay down on his bed.

 

"Knock, knock. May I come in?"

 

"No. Kai is asleep." Kai childishly spat out.

 

The door creaked open, revealing a feminine featured face. "Wow it's the first time you rejected me."

 

"Noona, I already said you can't come in." Kai pouted, blowing his bangs as he sat up on his bed.

 

"I sense that something so wrong." Kai's noona chimed.

 

"No I really don't want to talk about it noona." Kai averted his gaze to the carousel music box; standing strong at the shining corner of his room.

 

"Kai... Stop running away from your problems! It's about Krystal isn't it?"

 

"It's not noona. Stop asking. I'm really tired. I'm taking a nap."

 

"Alright then, sleep well. I'll go ask Krystal." With that Kai's noona sat up from his bed and headed towards the door.

 

Kai quickly held his noona's wrist, "Where do you think you are going? Argh. Fine."

 

"I can't always let you run away from your problems kiddo." Kai's noona pat his head.

 

"Well... Remember when I got all gloomy during the trip to Jeju? I overheard from Victoria that Krystal has got a boyfriend and that guy was my best buddy Lay. I feel so hurt noona. It's like Lay stabbed me in the back. He knows that I like Krystal!" Kai got agitated.

 

"I see. Could it be some misunderstanding? I mean afterall you only OVERHEARD." Kai's noona emphasised on it.

 

"It can't be. I saw it with my own eyes after I'm back." Kai sighed.

 

"I see." Kai's noona nodded with understanding.

 

"Noona, can you excuse me from school for these few days?" Kai pleaded.

 

"Kai... You are running away from your problems again." His noona crossed her arms and looked at him sternly.

 

"But... But..."

 

"Alright. Fine. Fine. Just this once, if it makes you feel better. I'm only going to excuse you for 2 days. Use this 2 days to sort everything out." Kai's noona then closed the door, leaving him all alone.

 

Kai walked towards the carousel music box, he picked up before whispering to it, "Hopefully."


 

Amber struggled to walk out of the printing room with a huge stack of cards on her hands. When Luhan saw, his first instinct was to run up to her and help. Amber looked at him with a thankful gaze before passing him half of the stack, Amber then walked to the classroom with Luhan following beside her quietly. 

 

"Soooo.... I guessed you guys heard about Krystal's birthday party?" Amber put her curiousity into words.

 

"Er... Yeah.. Well.. Tao accidentally overheard your conversation with Victoria in the library." Luhan rejoindered.

 

"Ahh. I see. Well.. This stack of cards are her invitation cards! Take twelve and pass it to the boys, you guys are all invited! Make sure Kai turns up and don't forget about her presents!" Amber revealed and flashed Luhan a cheeky smile

 

Luhan mouthed an o before settling down the stack of cards on Amber's table. Amber passed him twelve cards, and Luhan bowed before leaving the classroom towards his locker.

 

"LU-GE!" Xiumin's distinctive voice gained Luhan's attention as he started looking for his chubby-faced among the crowd. Luhan walked towards his soccer buddy happily after spotting him and passed him one of the cards.

 

"What's this?" Xiumin examined the card.

 

"Krystal's party invitation. Take these 9 cards and pass it to the rest. I'll deliver it to Kai myself." 

 

"How do you know his not coming?" Xiumin eyed him with suspicion.

 

"I went to the office earlier on and heard that his noona has called in sick for him." Luhan groaned.

 

"Oh. Heehee. I'll be going to class, see ya!" Xiumin pat his shoulders before leaving.


 

"ARGH FINALLY WE ARE GOING HOME. ANOTHER MINUTE IN THERE I MIGHT SUFFOCATE TILL DEATH." Tao whined.

 

"GEEZ. Stop whining Tao, you don't see our BABY crying as often as you whine!" Chanyeol emphasised on the word 'baby' and took a sneaky glance at Sehun.

 

Sehun caught his glance and countered back in self defense, "Hyung! You don't see me crawling around begging attention from the adults! So Stop calling me a baby will you? ARGH." Sehun fastened his pace.

 

"HEY BABY WAIT UP!" Chanyeol then ran after Sehun.

 

"Guys, I'm going to Kai's house. See you all tomorrow!" Luhan announced.

 

Everyone waved Luhan goodbye, just as he was about to walk, Lay held him back and asked, "Can I go with you?"


 

Finally, he arrived at Kai's doorstep. He took a step towards the door and rang the doorbell, after about half a minute the door opened.

 

"Heyo Kai, are you sick? How are you feeling now?" Luhan investigated. After noticing that Kai avoided group outings with Lay made him get suspicious. Luhan is determined to fish something out from Kai today.

 

Kai only looked at Luhan in shock; he was shocked by his sudden appearance at his doorstep and also the fact that he knows that his noona called in sick for him today.

 

"Aren't you going to invite me in? Anyway I came to deliver an invitation card. It's Krystal's." Luhan then swayed the invitation card in front of his face.

 

"I... I... I'm invited?" Kai's eyes widen to the size of saucers, and snatched the card from Luhan's hands. He took a good look at the card and read it thoroughly. In it wrote: "You are invited!".

 

"Yeah. In fact all of us are invited and all of us are going, so this means that Xing's going too." Luhan delibrately mentioned about Lay and inspected Kai's reaction upon hearing Lay's name.

 

"Oh. That's great then. I think I'll give it a miss. I'm not feeling well. Thanks for coming hyung. Bye." Kai looked disappointed.

 

As the door was about to close in front of Luhan's face, he stopped it. Luhan definitely sure of his doubts now, something is definitely wrong between Kai and Lay.

 

"Kai. Don't hide it anymore. There's something between you and Lay. You keep avoiding him! Tell me if not I'm telling the rest of the boys, and I'm sure you won't want me to do that."

 

Afraid that Luhan will really tell the other boys about it, Kai invited Luhan in and talked about everything to him over a cup of coffee. Luhan sipped his coffee while listening to Kai's problems, everything finally became clear to him. Kai avoiding both Krystal and Lay, it's clear that Kai wants to avoid them because he feels hurt when he sees either one of them. In Luhan's eyes it really does seems that Lay likes Krystal, but Krystal... Ever since Kai avoided Krystal, she looked really down, no matter how hard she smiles to try and cover up the sadness in her, Luhan can just easily see through everything. Luhan thought to himself: It seems like Krystal likes Kai more than Lay, so Krystal wouldn't end up with Lay, there's definitely some misunderstanding going on between the three of them. It's time for them to clear up the misunderstanding.

 

"Kai. Go to the party this weekend."

 

"Hyung, I thought I told you everything! I really don't want to go."

 

"No. You have to go." Luhan said sternly and thought to himself: This party will be a great chance for them to clear up the misunderstanding.

 

"Hyung!"

 

"You got to turn up in this party, if not I'm going to tell everyone in the party about everything you just told me. So if you don't want to get surrounded by a bunch of fake reporters who are going to interview you about what exactly happened when you go back to school, you better turn up during the party." With that Luhan stood up and left.

 

"Aish." Kai ruffled his hair in frustration. 

 

The door of his house suddenly opened again, and Luhan's head appeared once again. 

 

"Oh I forgot. Other than appearing by you, yourself, appear with a present. Afterall it's a birthday party." Luhan smiled sheepishly before closing the door once again.

 

Will Kai appear at the party? Will the misunderstandings ever be cleared up?

 

Author's note:

A long chapter for you all to enjoy! So will Kai appear at the party? Hmm.... I hope so! Anyway I really enjoy reading your comments for this story and I'm really thankful for it. Keep those comments coming in alright? I don't know if you guys noticed it or not, but I've changed all my chapter titles! I'm just freaking lazy to think of a suitable title for every chapters haha plus the title tends to give away what the chapter is going to be about! Hope you all don't mind! Hopefully I'll be able to update soon again! Thank you for the 54 subbies! I really can't thank you all enough T.T

tumblr_m48qwsWnfD1qmu9oeo2_250.gif