015

Neverland

The day in school flew past quickly. Hyungsik packed his bag and was ready to look for his favourite dongsaengs, just then a pair of ty hands stopped him. Guess who? It's the school's , Jimin; the one who used to stick to the exo boys like a dog.

 

"So how was the first day of school?" Jimin asked innocently as she drew circles on the back of Hyungsik's hand.

 

Feeling extremely uncomfortable, Hyungsik quickly retracted his hands from her and kindly excuse himself from her.

 

"Hyungsik-sshi! YAH!" Jimin screamed as she stomped her legs on the ground when Hyungsik left her alone in the class. She messed up her hair with frustration as she spoke through her teeth, "Krystal Jung. First you got Kai's attention, next the exo boys. Now what? Park Hyungsik? I'm not going to back down so easily. One day, I'm going to make them come to me one by one like a puppy."


 

"Bwo? That . Argh. She even tried to!" Before Amber could even finish her sentence, Krystal has already put her hands over Amber's mouth.

 

"Hmm?" Hyungsik looked at the duo, confused.

 

"Ah. It's nothing. So where are we going for lunch?" She dropped her hands from Amber's mouth and got the clique moving.

 

"Hmm... I'm still not familiar with this place yet! So how about going to your house for lunch? I've missed noona and appa Jung!" Hyungsik suggested.

 

"Errr... I don't think unnie is at home yet! She went out early this morning! How about we go to the cafe nearby?" Krystal avoided Hyungsik's suggestion as she was still uncomfortable with Jessica after what happened at the hospital.

 

"Ohh... That's a shame. Well I guess I will visit another time! Let's go!" Hyungsik announced as he walked ahead with Victoria.

 

"Why wouldn't you let me say it?" Amber nudged Krystal.

 

"Because oppa will turn super scary and I promise you, you wouldn't want to see that happening." Krystal whispered.

 

"Yah the both of you hurry up!" Victoria shouted across the hallway.


 

The four of them walked towards the cafe, along the way they talked about many things from childhood memories to their present life, just like this the four of them got closer to one another. They entered the cafe, and was immediately welcomed with the aroma of coffee and pastries. Being the gentleman he was, Hyungsik made the girls look for seats while he ordered their selections. Looking at the good looking young lad coming forward to order, the lady at the counter immediately did a quick touch-up on her make-up. Unluckily for her, her attempts to flirt with Hyungsik was futile for he only laid his eyes on the menu. The lady got so irritated that she left in a puff to get the orders for Hyungsik done.

 

"That girl was hideous. She was obviously trying to flirt with you. I'm so glad you didn't even cast a look at her Hyungsik." Amber remarked.

 

"Oh damn! Really? She was trying to flirt with me? I just let me chance slipped away!" Hyungsik joked.

 

"What? You didn't know? I'm sure there were a lot of girls who have flirt with you in the past right? What's with all this acting now?" Amber questioned.

 

"Hahahahaha. Yes yes I may be good looking, but truth to be told, I've never had a relationship before! Furthermore, I really couldn't differentiate between flirting and being friendly!" Hyungsik laughed it off.

 

"You. Must. Be. Kidding." Amber said jaw dropped. How is it even possible for a good looking guy like him to not have any relationships before?

 

"I'm serious! But even if they threw themselves at me, I wouldn't even cast a glance at them. Because I already have someone in my heart." Without noticing it herself, Amber's face fell upon hearing Hyungsik's comment.

 

Just like this, a word from him, a word from her, their time spent in the cafe was very meaningful. They continued their conversation from where they left off earlier when they were walking towards the cafe. Soon, the sky got dark and suggested it was time for them to leave, Amber and Victoria waved goodbye to both Hyungsik and Krystal as they had to hurry home and pack for their overseas business party tomorrow. Hyungsik then decided to walk Krystal home.

 

On the way, they updated each other about their lives when they were separated, Krystal even talked about that time when Kai officially confessed to her.

 

"Then why didn't you accept him?" Hyungsik probed.

 

"I... Er... I can't."

 

"Why?" Hyungsik stopped right in his tracks.

 

"Don't force me hyungsik-ah." Krystal mumbled as she avoided his gaze.

 

"Say it. Let it out. I'll always be here to listen to you. That's a promise I've made to you. Remember?" Hyungsik then cupped Krystal's cheeks and made her look into his eyes.

 

"I... I have leukemia."

 

Hyungsik then pulled Krystal into a hug, allowing Krystal to cry in his arms. "It's okay. I'm here. Let it all out. It must have been tough on you." Hyungsik comforted her.

 

"We... We... We can't get together. It's not right! I can't give him hopes that we will live happily ever after when I know that I'm dying!"

 

"I understand, but please stop being so harsh on yourself. Love is not something you can avoid. Just accept him Krystal. You might not be able to give him a happily ever after, but I'm sure you will be able to give him many beautiful memories before you go. It's not fair to him if he doesn't know what is the exact reason why you don't accept him. Think about it, you get to choose but he doesn't, it isn't fair right?" Hyungsik lifted her head up as he wiped her tears with his thumb.

 

"You are right... Thanks oppa."

 

"Oppa. It's been so long since you've called me that! Now how about telling me what happened between you and noona? I'm sure she was at home this afternoon."

 

"It's about my treatment..." Krystal then began telling him about what happened that day in the hospital.


 

Dear Diary,

Hyungsik oppa is back and is currently attending the same school as me! Today, he accompanied my clique and I for lunch. We sat in the cafe and talked about many many things! Really miss the days I've spent with him when I was younger. Afterwards, oppa sent me back home. On the way, he broke my heart of ice, he made me open up to him. I couldn't resist it, I just spoke about whatever was bothering me, from Kai to my latest condition. When I came home just now, unnie was still sort of awkward with me...  This is all because of the stupid treatment. Unnie, a girl's hair is so precious to her, who would want to lost it? My memories too... I  really don't want to leave this world without any hair or memory! I want to leave happily! Fortunately, oppa said that he is willing to help me talk to unnie. Unnie, please forgive me! And as for Kai, just wait for me. I'll break the news to you once I've got the chance! 

Signing off,

Krystal.

31 October 2012 :)