027

Neverland

After the hectic weekend everyone was back in school, ready to give their last semester their very best shot. As for Kai, Krystal and their friends, this semester would mean very much to them, as it will determine their future. Some of the exo boys are lucky enough to be born with a sliver spoon in their mouth, hence even if they flunk this last semester of their high school year, they would still be able to get a high paying job in one of the top few companies in Korea, which is very much their familys' companies. For Kai? Nothing ever came easy for him, though his family was well-off, but his parents always taught him and his sister that, if they ever wanted something, they would have to work hard for it. An example would be Kai's sister, though Kai's father is a renowned doctor in the top hospital of Korea, he refuses to allow her daughter to enter the hospital through him, instead she was made to face with many difficulties, and was finally accepted by the hospital through her own ability.

 

As soon as the teacher stepped into the class, the whole class became silent and paid their fullest attention to what the teacher is talking about.

 

"As you all know, you are all entering your last semester, and it will be crucial. So I hope, for the rest of this semester you all will give me your fullest attention." The teacher scanned around the room as he talked non-stop.

 

"Sigh, when is this going to end? Isn't he going to teach? He is just wasting our time!" Suho grumbled.

 

After a good fifteen minutes of talking about how this last semester will affect their future, the teacher finally began teaching.

 

"Krystal!" The teacher called out as he was writing some notes on the board, only when he has turned around he then realised something. "Ah, I forgot, she won't be attending school anymore, there goes my good student..." 

 

Hearing what the teacher has said, the students were surprised, and words began to get passed down from one to another, soon mobile phones can be seen secretly flashing out to pass the word down to students from other classes.

 

"BAM!"

 

Everyone turned their attention to where the sound came from. Kai slammed his hands on the table, and stood up before leaving the classroom in anger.

 

He walked and walked as he kept on thinking, "What happened exactly?". Unknowingly, his legs had brought him to the room, he had long forgotten about. The dance studio. Everytime when Kai was feeling down, he would often go to the dance studio and dance his heart out, but after getting together with Krystal, he realised that he had never had a dull moment before. And that's why, he had long forgotten about the existence of the dance studio.

 

"How long has it been since I've last entered here?" Kai huffed out in exhaustion as he laid down on the floor. Then, silence continued to engulf him, it wasn't bad though, at least it helped to clear his mind.


 

"This brat. Aish." Luhan continued to look around for Kai as lunch hour came. "Where can he be?"

 

"Luhan!" Sehun called out. Luhan turned around and Sehun continued, "Did you manage to find him?"

 

"No..." Luhan replied dejectedly, "I've searched for him throughout the first block already, how about you?"

 

"Nothing back at the third block too..." Sehun looked down at his feet, then something came to his mind. "The dance studio!"

 

The duo immediately rushed to the dance studio, and right at the stairs to the dance studio, they saw the lights in the dance studio on. This dance studio had been isolated ever since they entered this school. Many students found it creepy, but for some reason, Kai felt attached to it. Thus, all the exo boys knew that if they can't find Kai, anywhere he would definitely be here.

 

"How can we forget about this place, sehun-ah?"

 

"Maybe it's been too long since we have seen Kai being down after he got together with Krystal."

 

"Yeah... She's such a happy pill to all of us, though she seems cold at first, but she's really a nice girl." Luhan confessed.

 

"Hyung, let's go in. I bet he must be tired after dancing for the whole morning already."

 

"Let's go." The duo then made their way towards the dance studio.


 

The doorknob slowly twisted and got pushed open carefully, the duo were careful with their steps and steathily made their way into the dance studio without Kai noticing them. They saw how dead beaten he was, looking at how exhausted their friend was, they can't help but to think how much their friend was suffering. What had they been doing for these past months, that they have failed to realised that their friend was suffering?

 

"Ouch..." Kai winced in pain and held onto his waist as he felt a sudden sharp pain on his waist. The duo immediately rushed up to him, and aid him.

 

"Where are your painkillers?" Luhan questioned.

 

"Bag..." He managed to voice out. Hurriedly, Sehun rushed back into the class and went to get his painkillers.

 

"What happened exactly? Where are you doing this to yourself? It's been too long since we've all seen you dancing like this. And come to think of it, something did felt wrong that day when we went to your house." Luhan interrogated.

 

Kai just continued to wince in pain, pretending that he never heard Luhan. "Kai, continue being like this, and I'll send you to your dad."

 

Upon mentioning his dad, Kai immediately spoke, "Hyung, you can't do this. You know how much dancing means to me. If you bring me to him, he will know my back got worse and will stop me from reaching out to my dream." Kai looked into Luhan's eyes, filled with plead.

 

"Then tell me what's wrong." Luhan looked back at him with stern eyes, determined to get things out from him. Just right at the moment, Sehun came back with Kai's painkillers and made him swallow it.

 

Once he felt better, the trio sat down and faced each other as Kai began to tell his story. Throughout the story, Sehun was filled with guilt as he did not know how much his best bud was suffering. He thought he was enjoying every single moment of his life ever since he got together with Krystal and thought that he probably didn't need him anymore. In fact, what Kai needs the most throughout that whole period, was the support and encouragement from his close friends, to be there to tell him that he was just overthinking stuff, to prove to him that everything he thought was true is fake. As for Luhan, he too felt guilty, because lately he had been busy with some of his family's business that he hadn't been attending to Kai's calls properly. In the past, whenever Kai called him, it would meant that he needs someone to hear him out, but lately Luhan can only afford to hear him for a few minutes and respond with a few word replies.

 

After telling them everything, Kai felt better, it was as though some weight was lifted off from his shoulders. He no longer felt suffocated by what he knows or assume.

 

"Kai, wouldn't it be better if you two just try to clear things up? It seems like there are a lot of misunderstandings in between the both of you." Lay's voice suddenly came out from the doorstep.

 

"Hyung! You scared me!" Sehun burst out.

 

"Sorry maknae!" Lay pat his head as he joined the trio.

 

"I'm sure both of them agrees with me, I'm sure she loves you. All of us can tell by the way she looks at you. It's totally different. Plus, she confessed it herself to me."


 

Author's note:

Since when did Krystal confess anything to Lay? I don't remember writing it in my story! HAHAHAHA Anyway, thank you all for being so patient with me and my updates. You know, before updating, I actually looked back at my previous chapters and I realised how my writing style seems to have changed a bit, so hopefully, I guess you all are okay with my current style of writing right? HEEHEE Oh! Also, I've been thinking whether I should prolong my chapters, as in, I was thinking of ending at chapter 30 but recently I've been thinking of ending it at chapter 35. So right now I guess, I would consider ending it on chapter 35? :D Hope you guys have enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to subscribe, leave a comment and if you don't mind, an upvote! :)