008

Neverland

It was a bright sunny day, the sky holds a soft shade of blue and there was a slight breeze in the air. Krystal stepped out of the car as she forced up a weak smile, waving goodbye to her chauffeur before shoving the door close. She took a deep breath and started walking into the main gates of Youngha High.

 

“I’m going to miss walking past these gates so much.” She said to herself as she let her hands run freely around the gates of Youngha High. After letting out a sigh, she continued strolling into school. On her way to class, she starts noticing her surroundings, she slowed down her pace and took a good look at all the other kids, most were in groups; talking, laughing and smiling, they seemed really happy. Flashbacks of the times she spent with Victoria and Amber started replaying in her mind, unknowingly, her lips slowly curved up, forming a smile. Sigh, how long has it been since they last went out together?

 

“KYAAAAAA!! OPPPPAAAAAA!” The fangirls screamed, making Krystal to snap out of her thoughts. Knowing that the exo boys have arrived, a part of Krystal wanted to run up to them with the fangirls to find Kai but another part of her told her that she should quickly turn around and head back to class. Maybe because of what she said to Victoria and Amber yesterday, she chose the latter.

 

“I was unsure of my feelings in the past until he decided to ignore me. From then onwards, I confirmed. I knew that I liked Kai all along, just like the way he does. But I guess, fate just wants us apart. There will be no happy ending if we are together now. So let’s just leave things as it is.”

 

“KYAAAA OPPPPAAAA! OPPPPPAAAAA NOTICEEEE MEEEEEEE!” The fangirls screamed, almost bursting the eardrums of the exo boys. From a far, Kai saw how Krystal wanted to come forward but chose to walk away. If he said that his heart didn’t hurt from seeing her walk away, he would be lying. “Is it because she’s afraid that Lay hyung would get upset if she’s seen walking with me?” Kai thought to himself. Suddenly, he felt something wet on his arm. He turned to check what was on his arm, to his horror, “FOR GOD’S SAKE! JESUS CHRIST!” a fangirl was drooling on his arm. Absurd right? Hearts were popping out dramatically from her eyes, and her drool was dangling out from . Kai looked at her in disgust and quickly shook her off before running towards the male toilet to clean up that disgusting goo off his arm. 


 

Krystal finally found her way to class, when she approached her table; she saw a slip of paper. She slowly unfolded it, in the note, it wrote; “Little B*tch.” She was shocked, as well as hurt. She thought that all these bullying cases have ended, but it hasn’t. Furthermore, what did she do to deserve this? Is this what she will get when all she wanted was to hang out with her friends? Tears were welling up in her eyes; she started sniffling to restrain the tears from falling. The students in the class started looking at her, the fangirls in her class; started snickering amongst themselves. Hearing those snickering behind her, Krystal’s blood started to boil; she was fuming with anger. When they finally got on her nerves, Krystal crushed the paper and walk towards the fangirls.

 

Angrily, she threw the crushed paper at them and sent them a death glare before warning them. “I know you are the one who did this. I’ve closed an eye to all of your childish behaviours towards me but that does not mean I’m a pushover.” The fangirls were shocked at Krystal’s sudden change of behaviour, just when one of them wanted to retort back; she was faced with Krystal’s palm. “I’m not done yet. From today onwards, I’m no longer the Krystal you all used to know. I’ve got stronger and I’m not going to let you all bring me down.” With that, she turned around and left the classroom.

 

“What have you done, Krystal Jung? How am I suppose to face the rest of the school afterwards?” She spoke to herself in front of the mirror before splashing water on her face again. She stopped splashing water on her face when she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She fished her phone out of her pocket and saw a message notification from Amber. “Yo! Where are you? Class is starting! Vic and I have heard what happened earlier in class. Good job Krystal! You have no idea how proud Vic and I was when we heard that! Haha! Hurry come back to class! ;D" Upon seeing Amber’s message, Krystal can’t help but to smile at her phone. She placed her phone back into her blazer pocket before stepping out of the toilet.


 

It was the usual boring maths class; everyone was either daydreaming or talking amongst each other, only a handful of the student body was listening to the teacher. As usual at one glance, the exo boys were all burying their heads into their hands on top of the desk; sleeping, except for Suho; the class president and Kyungsoo; the nerdy pants who were listening attentively and busy taking down whatever notes there was on the board. Victoria and Amber were daydreaming as usual, thinking about what they should have for lunch while Krystal was busy thinking about how she should face the student body later during lunchtime after what happened in the morning. Having no ideas at all, Krystal ruffled her hair in frustration as she let out a heavy sigh.

 

 

Startled by the sudden sigh in an utterly quiet class, the teacher turned around and saw a frustrated Krystal. “Krystal-ah, is there a problem? You seem frustrated.”

 

“Ah! Ah.. Ah.. Th.. There’s nothing Sir. I’m okay.” Krystal stuttered. 

 

"Oh... Okay then." The teacher eyed her as though she was some freak before proceeding back to teach the class about Geometry.


 

"Urgh. Burden language class again." Krystal whined to Victoria and Amber.

 

“I know you’ll miss us, but don’t worry we will meet again later during lunch break!” Victoria replied cheerfully before grabbing her stuff for her free period.

Since Victoria and Amber are foreigners, there was no need for them to attend language class.

 

“That’s not just it…” Krystal spoke softly as she look at the retreating figure of her two friends.


 

“Hey Vic. Don’t you think… Krystal’s life is a little plain? I mean she only talks to us, and she dreads language class just because it’s the only class we aren’t with her.” Amber questioned.

 

“I get your point, but what can we do to help her? She’s so cold that it scares other people away! It’s not easy to widen up her circle of friends.” Victoria pointed out.

 

“Well, there’s gotta be a way.” Amber mumbled as she rubbed her chin with her index finger.

 

“AH-HAH! PARTY! A BIRTHDAY PARTY!” Amber said in delight as she snapped her fingers.

 

“Party? Will she like it?” Victoria questioned Amber’s idea.

 

“I’m sure she will.” Amber smirked.


Dear Diary,

It's been around two days since I've heard about my health condition. I must admit, this piece of news is really unexpected haha. Tough life I have here. Today, I just realised that I haven't been leading a fulfilling life. I saw the students talking, laughing and smiling at each other, just by looking at them I can already feel the happiness they are feeling! It's not that I'm tired of Vic and Am, it's just that it's been really long since we last had an outing. I need to create more memorable memories before I go! Recently Kai kept avoiding me, I seriously have no idea why  I saw him entering the school today, I wanted to go up to him but another part of me chose to run away. I really miss his annoying self, or should I say him? At least his making it easier for me to cut off our ties, I wouldn't want him to cry puddles when I'm gone. Sigh.. Diary, will you tell me what I should do?  

Signing off,

Krystal.

25th July 2012


 

Author's note:

Are you guys excited about the party? Kekeke. Hopefully my story progression hasn't bore the out of you! :( I will try to make it more exciting in the upcoming chapters so please anticipate for them! Also don't stop commenting, keep them coming in! Comments are always highly appreciated here! Anyway did you notice anything different about my story? Yes! I have my very own poster now! All thanks to PLGRZD.graphics! Thank you all your love and support! Love you guys!! :D

c5u9no