021

Neverland

"Have faith in him!"

 

Hyungsik's words kept ringing in Krystal's ears after their encounter in the garden. Though her reply to Hyungsik seems definite that she will talk to Kai about it, but a part of her still refuses, as she just can't help to overthink.

 

"Who will actually love a girl who is dying? Perhaps he only said he love me because I'm dying. He probably pities me. I'm sure he is in love with some other girl but because of me, he had to lie that he loves me. Why am I such a burden?" Krystal thought as she kept on hitting her head with her fist.

 

"Krystal Jung. Are you okay?" The teacher asked with concern, worried that she feels any discomfort.

 

"Ah. Ne." Krystal snapped back into reality.

 

"Sigh... Looks like she's really jealous." Kai mumbled to himself.


 

Class soon ended, and everyone flooded the corridors. The people who are left in the classroom were, Kai, Krystal, Victoria, Amber, Kris, Luhan and Baekhyun. Krystal was busy packing her stuff while Kai just watched her from his seat. Victoria and Amber were conversing with both Kris and Luhan about their upcoming annual foreign party held this coming Sunday. And Baekhyun? Poor him who fell asleep during their last lesson, the other exo boys didn't bother to wake him up and had already headed back home. Looks like someone has to walk home alone again!

 

After a good ten minutes of conversing whatever they needed, Victoria and Amber went out of the classroom first as they agreed to meet the interesting girl with Hyungsik after school. Luhan and Kris decided to stay around for a bit to observe Krystal along with Kai. Having finished packing her stuff, Krystal picked up her bag and left the classroom. Immediately, Kai stood up from his chair causing it to screech and woke Baekhyun up.

 

"Yah! So noisy! I'm trying to sleep here!" Baekhyun hollered.

 

"Baekhyun oppa, school's over. Time to go home." Krystal told him before leaving the classroom.

 

"What are you waiting for? Hurry up and chase her to clear up everything! Remember, she's just jealous of all those attention you've attracted!" Luhan gained Kai's attention.

 

As though he was a robot, Kai ran after Krystal. Upon leaving the classroom, he spotted Krystal walking towards the main gate.

 

"Yah Kim Jongin it's now or never." He mumbled then shouted, "Krystal!"

 

Everyone in the corridor whipped their heads towards Kai except for one person, well you expected it, Krystal. Despite all his attempts to get near her, it was all futile. First when he called out to her, she didn't bother turning around. Secondly, when he tried to run after her, there just had to be a huge bunch of ers near the gate, stopping him from getting near and allowing Krystal to speed up and walk further away from him. Thridly, Krystal was just determined to not talk to him.

 

"Aish, what are you doing Krystal Jung!! You are suppose to heed Hyungsik oppa's advice and talk to him! Aish jinjja!" Krystal stomped her legs in frustration as she was totally out of Kai's sight.


 

"UNNIE! UNNIE! UNNIE!" Krystal called for Jessica as soon as she opened the door to their house.

 

"UNNIE!" Krystal shouted as she opened Jessica's door.

 

"BWO?" Jessica stared daggers at Krystal as Jessica was in the midst of talking with Kris over the phone.

 

"Oh. Opps. I didn't know you were on the phone. I'll come over after you are done." Krystal smiled sheepishly as she carefully left Jessica's room.

 

"Forget it. I hung up already. Anyway what's up?"

 

"UNNIE HELP ME. I feel like I'm being a overly possessive girlfriend!" Krystal fret.

 

"I've heard about it."

 

"What am I suppose to do? Hyungsik oppa gave me advice in school earlier on, but then I just can't seem to bring myself to talk to him about it." Krystal pouted.

 

"You know, I don't know why you are so afraid of his answer. And yes, I think you are overthinking. So let me tell you, you can either send him a text now to clear everything up, or you wait until tomorrow. For you, I guess the second one would be better because I know you need at least a day to think it through. So yeah... If you'll excuse me, I'm going for a date little sis. I'm going to get your favourite ice cream back for you! Love you!" Jessica then chased Krystal out of her room.


 

Night finally came but there still wasn't any texts or calls from Kai. Krystal thought perhaps both of them just needed sometime, and tomorrow she will approach him first and clear things up.

 

"Yep. I'm gonna do that. So I shall sleep now. Waiting for unnie's ice cream is like waiting for rain to arrive in the desert." Krystal climbed up her bed and tucked herself in.


 

"Ring... Ring... Ring... Ring......" 

"Hello? Ah... This must be Kai. Krystal is asleep."

"Oh. Can I have a talk with you?"

"I can see that Krystal has been really happy ever since the both of you have started going out."

"Well, thank you Kai. Indeed, you've kept your promise."

"Young man, let's say, one day, after she's gone. Don't feel burdened if you are getting another girlfriend. After all, all these. It's just a promise we've made with each other."

"Alright I get it. I guess that's it for tonight. Have a good night. Yeah, okay, bye."

 

After that phone call, Mr Jung hung up and went back into his study.


 

"Unnie... Unnie..." Krystal sobbed into her pillow. She then continued to cry her heart out until there were no more tears.

 

"Why? First fate played with me. And now, it's you, Kim Jongin." Krystal cried out.


 

Dear Diary,

So I guess this is how a heartbreak feels like? I swear, I had fallen asleep just now but then I got woken up by the telephone. Immediately, I thought that maybe it was Kai, so I rushed down. And yes, indeed it was him. Unluckily, or should I say? Luckily. Appa picked up the phone and talked to him instead. Appa thought I was asleep, but I was awake, so wide awake that I'm sure I've heard everything correctly. Turns out everything is fake. FAKE. FAKE. FAKE. FAKE. FAKE. KIM JONGIN WAS JUST PLAYING WITH ME. APPA... APPA... HE WAS ALSO JUST PLAYING ALONG WITH HIM. No wonder Kai forgave me so easily despite the fact that I've hid it from him for so long. So I see, he only got together with me because he was just doing a good deed, keeping his promise. Right, who would get together with someone who is dying? Kim Jongin was no exception. This totally explains why he hasn't revealed anything about us to the school. If a guy truly loves his girl, wouldn't he be showing her off to everyone? He probably felt that I've played him by not telling him about my illness, and now he is trying to get back at me. Guess I'm gonna act like I don't know about these, so at least I can still live in my own fantasy thinking that his love for me is true and we will have a happy ending together though I'm going to die. This is the least I can do to make his good deed more meaningful for I got to enjoy my last few moments on earth.

 

Omma, when will you take me away? As the time goes by, it's becomes more suffocating. Living on earth is tough, it's like the longer I stay, the more heartbreaks I'll suffer. Omma it hurts so much... All my tears have dried and I can't cry anymore. Omma when will I ever meet you again?

 

Signing off,

Krystal

1st December 2012


 

Author's note:

Double update for today! This is to make it up for not updating for so long! Hopefully you guys will enjoy these two chapters! Also, notsure if I've said this before but, this story is probably gonna end at chapter 30, max 40. So yeah... Hopefully you readers will follow me all the way till the end and anticipate for my next story as I've got it planned! Thank you! Please remember to comment, subscribe and if possible upvote! :)