011

Neverland

"AHH! I don't have anything to wear for the party later on!" Krystal shouted at the top of her lungs.

 

"Yah! Haven't you opened my gift for you?" Jessica knocked Krystal's head with her knuckles causing her to wince in pain.

 

"I forget heehee. I'm gonna open it now!" Krystal announced as she waved the box Jessica left in front of her doorstep proudly.

 

She opened the box and was dumbstruck when she saw what was inside. Meanwhile Jessica hurried back to her room to grab the same piece of clothing that Krystal saw in the box.

 

"It's a set!" Jessica raised that piece of clothing up high.

 

"Unnie! Thank you!" She ran up and gave Jessica a bear hug.

 

"Since it's our first set, let's change into it and take our first ever picture together!" Jessica suggested, while Krystal nodded her head in excitement.

 

"No no no. This angle can't see our clothes. No unnie I look fat here. OHMAHGEEZ. I LOOK HIDEOUS."

 

"YAH! We are never getting a picture together if this goes on!"

 

Hearing the two girls bickering, papa Jung decided to check what was going on. He knocked on the door and instantly claimed both of his precious daughters' attention. Seeing their dad at the door, both girls look at each other and immediately they knew what each other was thinking about. Without hesitation, Krystal shoved her camera to her dad and quickly made a few poses with Jessica. Looking at how his girls were getting along so well, his eyes became teary.

 

"Thank you daddy!" Both girls chimed as they viewed the pictures that their daddy has taken while Mr. Jung decided to see what other preparations were needed for Krystal's party.

WE27Ht43.jpg

 

"Let's print this out!" Both girls chimed again while they look at each other fascinated at how they manage to think alike again.


 

Soon it was time for Krystal's party, and her backyard was filled with the aroma of food and melodious music was playing through the whole perimeter. Krystal and Jessica were still fooling around in Krystal's room when the door bell rang. After a few more rings, the maid hurried over and opened the door, to be welcomed by a couple. She invited them into the house while she called for Krystal and Jessica.

 

"Krystal, there's a couple who just arrived. Stop playing and go entertain them!" She nagged at them, leaving them to check out their appearance before welcoming the guest.

 

"Wait. A couple? I don't remember any of my friends being together?" Krystal shot Jessica a questioning look. Jessica just shrugged and gave her a look of I-don't-know-too-so-lets-go-check-it-out.

 

Both of them ran down the stairs screaming and giggling as Jessica started hitting Krystal with her cardigan. When they reached the backyard, they saw Amber and Victoria, almost immediately the sisters burst into laughter. Both Amber and Victoria raised their brows at them, thinking that they perhaps have gone berserk.

 

"VIC! AM! AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAH! OHMYGOD AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. MY HAHAHAHA MAID HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA OHMYGOD MY STOMACH HURTS. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Krystal continued laughing whole holding her stomach.

 

"I'LL SAY IT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. OKAY. SO AFTER MY MAID INVITED YOU GUYS IN. SHE CAME TO TELL US THAT A COUPLE ARRIVED. WE WERE BEWILDERED BECAUSE YOU KNOW NONE OF YOU IS ATTACHED. TURNS OUT THAT SHE MISTOOK AMBER AS A GUY. OMMO AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!" Jessica explained between laughters.

 

Victoria and Amber then started laughing with the sisters while the maid who happened to hear their conversation turned into a huge shade of pink due to embarrassment. Finally their laughters stopped, but Krystal just found it so amusing that she has to stifle her laughters since no one was laughing with her already. The door bell rang and caught the attention of the four ladies, Krystal immediately volunteered to get it as she wanted to laugh out loud. After calming herself down, she straightened her shirt and hair just in case she looks like a mad woman who just ran out of the mental hospital. With a deep breath, she opened the door and welcomed her visitors with a smile. Sadly the smile didn't last long when she saw what was in front of her, it was a tower of presents.

 

"What. Is. This?" She stated word by word.

 

"SURPRISE!" The exo boys shouted as they took the present down one by one revealing themselves.

 

Krystal kindly accepted their presents as they made their way to the backyard, as the boys walked past her, she did a mental headcount and was faced with the results of only eleven boys. The warm smile she gave to the boys just now immediately dropped and was replaced with a disappointed look.


 

"Where are you? We are all here already." - Luhan

"Hyung, I don't think I'm feeling too good." - Kai

"Make more excuses and you know what happens." - Luhan

"I forgot to get her a present." - Kai

"Come now, or I'm telling everyone. See you in fifteen minutes! Love you dongsaeng-ah!" - Luhan

 

Kai picked up the parcel on his bed and left home.


 

It's been thirty minutes into the party and it was already filled with people. Most of them were schoolmates which Krystal had interacted with while a handful were her father's business associates; who watched her grew up since young and doted her dearly as though she was their daughter and some were Jessica's closed friends. Everyone was enjoying themselves except for Krystal. She took some punch and went back into the house since it was less noisy than the backyard. Though there were so many people in the party, Krystal didn't really feel happy. Yes she was shocked that so many people turned up and she should feel loved but because of the absence of that someone, she can't help but to allow sadness flow through her.

 

"Ahem." Someone coughed behind her, obviously trying to gain her attention. Being the dejected Krystal, she just pointed towards the backyard as she thought that the person was trying to ask her where the party was held.

 

"I know where the party is held, but I don't know where the heart of the birthday girl is." Krystal looked up and saw Jessica.

 

"What's wrong? Everyone is having fun and here you are! Tell me what's wrong?" Jessica asked with concern as she placed her hands above Krystal's giving her comfort.

 

What Krystal did the next thing shocked Jessica the most. Krystal extended her arms and hugged Jessica so tightly while she bawled her eyes out. Taken aback by her sudden action, Jessica could only stay still and pat Krystal's head to comfort her. When Krystal finally stopped crying, Jessica pulled her away and look her in the eye, "Kai?"

 

Krystal just nodded her head, while Jessica pulled Krystal closed to her and rested Krystal's head on her shoulders. The silence wasn't uncomfortable at all, instead it was comforting. It surprisingly made them forget about whatever troubles they had earlier on, it was so comforting that they almost fell asleep on the couch when the doorbell rang.

 

Jessica pushed Krystal away and gave her a look to make her open the door since it's her party. Krystal made sure to check her appearance before opening the door like always. She opened the door and her eyes got teary once again.

 

"Happy birthday." Kai said in an almost inaudible voice as he held out his present for Krystal.

 

"T..Th..Than.. Thanks. Come in and join the guys." Krystal stuttered.

 

Kai looked Krystal in the eye and noticed her bloodshot eyes, she must have been crying just now he thought to himself. He felt a pang on his heart, he wanted to know what happened but before he could ask Jessica appeared behind Krystal.

 

"Who's..... That." Jessica walked towards Krystal when she took a long time at the door, and when she wanted to ask Krystal, her curiosity was satisfied when she saw Kai. Jessica eyed Kai from head to toe and gave a pat on Krystal's shoulder. "I'll be going to entertain my friends! You guys can talk."

 

There was an awkward silence after Jessica left, hence Kai decided to break it first. "Arr...Are..Aren't you letting me in?" He rubbed the back of his neck, it was a habit of his whenever he is nervous.

 

"Oh. Oh. Yeah! Yeah! Sure why not?" Krystal snapped out of her thoughts and invited him in.

 

It's been one hour since Kai's arrival and the only conversation they shared was at the doorstep. She sighed to herself as she gulped down the punch in her hands.


 

The party ended, and it sure is gonna be the talk of the school when everyone gets back to school the next day. Everyone said their goodbyes and left, leaving only the Victoria, Amber and the exo boys. It was still early for them to go back thus they decided to stay for a little while more to play a game of "Truth or Dare". Everyone gathered and sat in a circle in the lounge, Kris took the lead and spun the bottle. Lucky for the others but unlucky for Chen, the bottle spun and faced him. Unwillingly, Chen chose dare and they others took the chance to dare him to twerk in front of Amber. Unluckily for Amber, though she was fine with their dare, Chen couldn't control himself and accidentally farted in front of her face and that was when she slapped his causing him to tumble forward, banging into Kris. Everyone burst into laughters as the game continues, at the last few rounds, the bottle spun to Lay. Without hesitation, he replied, "Truth." exactly the right time for Luhan's plan to strike.

 

"Are you dating Krystal?" This questioned made both Krystal and Kai widen their eyes in shock.

 

"Yes." Lay replied as he looked at everyone's shocked faces and how Krystal glared at him before frantically waving her hands around trying to explain that they weren't together. After fooling everyone and was satisfied at their expressions, Lay ended his turn by laughing it off, " HAHAHAHA YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOUR REACTIONS. I'm just kidding, we are not together I just treat Krystal like a younger sister! She's just so vulnerable that it makes me want to protect her!"

 

After hearing what Lay has said, Krystal then smiled in relief but on the other hand Kai just stood up suddenly and bowed saying that he needed to head home. Krystal felt that something was wrong through his sudden action and was about to chase after him when Luhan held her back.

 

"He'll be fine. Trust me." Luhan assured her.


 

Dear Diary,

It's my birthday today! Guess what? Jessica unnie finally accepted me! We went out today and chat a lot with each other, we got to know more about each other and I'm sure there are more chances to come. Afterwards there was supposedly a SURPRISE party for me but unnie accidentally disclosed it to me when we were out haha! I had fun anyway! Another surprise I had today was that Kai appaeared during the party! It's been so long since he ignored me.. Sigh.. We talked a little today though :/ Why is he drifting away from me? Why is he still so cold towards me? I really miss him... I wouldn't mind if he is back to annoy me! Unnie is calling for me to open up the presents! Can't wait to see what my friends got me! Bye!

 

Signing off,

Krystal.

24th October 2012 :)


 

Author's note:

Two updates in a night! HAHAH I read your comments and was tempted to write another chapter. I don't know why but other authors seems to be really busy these days because they aren't updating their stories! I know how it feels to wait for an update so here I am giving you guys two updates at one go! Hopefully you will enjoy both chapters! :D