001

Neverland

Dear Diary,

It is my first treatment today and I'm definitely not looking forward to the next one. During the treatment, I was alone in this small cubicle for around 15 mins. Later, I was asked to sit on a chair. The nurses then started to inject skewer-sized needles into my blood vessels, I watched how my blood was being transferred. Soon enough, I could feel my body getting numbed. I closed my eyes to rest for a while, just then the image of omma's musical box flashed in my mind. I've lost it ever since that fight with Kai. I'm sure he have seen it, but he just didn't want to tell me... Please Kai... Please tell me where is it. That's the only gift omma left for me...

Task 1:

-To find the musical box that omma has left for me.

Signing off,

Krystal.

13th August 2012 :)


 

5th May 1999

The cold and suffocating winter has finally left Seoul. Leaving the natives to welcome spring in their own ways. Birds were chirping cheerfully everywhere, flowers coloured the streets of Seoul making them more lively. Young couples would usually hold hands and walk down the bustling streets Seoul, while the old couples would take a stroll in the park with blossoming trees. It's this season where everything seems to come to life again, and while everyone is busy welcoming spring, here we have our naughty five-year-old Kai.

 

"Ya Kai! Stop running!" A man in his forties shouted.

 

"Aish ahjussi, go back home first! Just let me play to my fill and I'll go back home on my own!" A five-year-old Kai shouted.

 

"But... But... But your mother will be very upset!"

 

"I'll explain it to her myself! Bye Ahjussi!" Right after he dropped his last words, Kai ran full speed towards the playground.

 

"Where is she?" Kai mumbled to himself as he searched around the playground.


 

"Appa, I'm going to the playground! I'll be back before dinner!" Krystal shouted as she closed the main gate of her house.

 

Krystal comes from a pretty well-off family and lives with her father and sister, also known as Jessica. As for her mother... Her mother passed away when giving birth to her, that is why Jessica always felt that her life would perfect if not for Krystal. But little did she know that, whatever she has done to Krystal has caused so much hurt to her that she decided to close herself in, keeping everything to herself.

 

Krystal walked down the road leading to the playground, on the way she spent quite some time viewing the pretty flowers grown in her neighbours' yard and admiring how others have so much fun having tea parties in their yard with their older sisters.

 

"If only unnie would play with me too..." Krystal sighed as she continued to drag her feet towards the playground. The playground was her favourite place and this is where she first met the annoyingly handsome five-year-old Kai.

 

As usual when Krystal arrived at the playground, she would go to her favourite spot; underneath the old maple tree, with her most valuable item; a musical box which her deceased mother gave her. After settling down, she would then start reading her book. Normally after a few minutes into reading, the annoyingly handsome Kai would come and start his attention-seeking tactics. 

 

"What do we have here today, Princess?" 

 

"None of your business." Krystal replied coldly and continued reading her book.

 

"How can a book like this be more interesting than me? Look at me!" Kai roared as he snatched Krystal's books out of her hands.

 

"Give it back to me. Now." Kai flinched upon her reply.

 

"No. What are you gonna do about it? Tell your dead omma?" Kai replied arrogantly, thinking that she might softened by his words.

 

Upon hearing those words, Krystal's eyes started to sting, soon tears started welling up and she could bearly hold them in anymore.

 

"What's so fun about dragging my omma into this? It's my fault that my omma is dead, and now you are making fun of her in front of me? You've gone too far Kim Jongin." 

 

With those words, Krystal turned her back and ran back home. 

 

"Krystal... All I ever asked for is your attention... I... I... I... I'm... I'm sorry..." Kai muttered under his breath as he watched how Krystal ran away, crying.

 

Just as he was about to turn his back and leave, he saw something glistening under the sun rays. He picked it up, and instantly remembered that it was Krystal's.

 

"Even this musical box is worth more than you in her eyes, Kim Jongin." He sighed and left with the musical box.